Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm looking forward to feeling the cold metallic embrace of my best friend and life partner Pharah in Overwatch when it releases

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Brainamp posted:

She's like the least played tank but she's so good.

I wonder how it would affect the play stats if you switched Zarya's character model with DVA or something

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I feel sorry for battleborn

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Actually, Overwatch released last week in heaven :angel:

5 minutes into the game the colours start hurting your eyes and you realise you're in hell playing battleborn

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Knifegrab posted:

So based on the crude death rate of the world, and the number of players who played the beta, ~2935 people who played the beta have died before release.

Why are people so obsessed with overwatch beta player death statistics

I've never seen this with any other game

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Free Cheese posted:

Just thought I'd get this out there now, gently caress you for having the skin I want

will suck dick for pharah skin

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Emalde posted:

A risky gamble that paid off. Congratulations, you are not one of the 350.

People keep focusing on the dead but probably tens of thousands of the beta players are now in prison

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Congratulations everyone I look forward to playing tomorrow when my copy arrives in the mail

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Suspicious Cook posted:

They're nice and roomy too. So luxurious.

There was some dude saying it takes 20 minutes to find a match on the PC version of Battleborn

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

Lol, can't take the pressure from the plebs.

Day one of release.

I'm pretty sure I saw a post complaining about balance or something like half an hour after the servers went up yesterday

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

kimcicle posted:

Did MMR not reset between the beta and now? I was really hoping to play against some brand new people the first couple of games but it feels like everybody already knows what they are doing.

Like 10 million people played the beta, that's basically the entire population of earth - everyone knows how to play overwatch

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

anime was right posted:

perhaps maybe...... you were the really bad player

No, all goons are gaming masters + people that don't pay to post on internet forums are pubbie scum that drool all over their controllers

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

McCree probably has the least interesting design in the game

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

You guys with the big league sensitivity and the godlike desk space using claw grip or palm grip?

I cut out the middle man and replaced my hand with a mouse

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

Nope, and I was surprised too. I'd honestly drop $20-30 if I could just buy credits. I don't want to buy chests and not get what I want, so I'll just wait and hopefully get it eventually.

They can make a lot more money from making people gamble on loot boxes

There's only maybe two skins I actually want really badly so if I could buy them I'd never need to care about what I get from them again since I don't think anyone really cares about sprays etc (I'm not gonna buy loot boxes though, I guess the skins will come eventually/I'll save up enough credits)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Thor-Stryker posted:

Shields really should have a universal damage gate property. As long as you have some amount of shields, any damaging attack that would destroy the shield won't transfer over to health.

This would make Symmys an actual team counter to Widow/Hanzo. And Zen would take minimum two shots from Widow.

That would be really annoying

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Some kind of shame alarm should start ringing if someone votes for themselves in the mvp card section thing at the end

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Who's the best character if I want to make roadhog players cry

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

objects in mirror posted:

Those of you complaining about the behavior of pubs in pub games --

Have you actually tried communicating with your teammates via voice chat and telling them what to do in a firm and confident tone that isn't demeaning?

Or are you guys just expecting a bunch of people who don't realize greater joy and fun can be had by being more cooperative and pushing objectives to just sort of intuit what to do?

If you think your teammates in pub games are loving up, say so in a non-nasty fashion ("Guys, CAN WE PLEASE stay near the objective and push the cart? That's how we win!")

I haven't tried doing this yet but I'm gonna tonight in any of the pub games I play where they gently caress up. I say all this because I remember a few weeks ago in the stress test there was one game where this one fellow took charge and started telling us how to function better as a unit and we all followed him.

People want to win and you just have to nudge them in that direction.

Reading the complaining about pub players in every video game I've learned that goons are expert video game champions and pubbies are some kind of inferior non-human life form

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Dias posted:

I mean, the average videogame player is TERRIBLE tho. Have you seen game journalists/Youtubers playing games ever? We're just kings of poo poo mountain.

I basically just pop chat up and try giving people advice nicely. The first few times, at least. Then I give up and play Widowmaker or Mei or something that won't contribute anything but lemme piss off some peoples. But sometimes it works and I try to be positive when people are being helpful and change things up.

Yeah I know most people are awful but the weird smug complaining you see sometimes about how pub players are beneath the goon masterminds always just makes me roll my eyes

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Ddraig posted:

e: Also, I really feel if you kill Mercy while the people being resurrected are yellow, it should cancel the ult. Right now it just seems like a get out of jail free card, where the entire team hosed up, and they now get a do-over because Mercy can stand in the middle of the lot and press Q

I mean half the time you're in that situation it's because someone else pressed Q so it seems fair

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's weird that they put DVA in the tank category, it's kind of misleading

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why is it that people can effortlessly defend an objective for 7 minutes and then everything falls apart the second overtime starts

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Bogart posted:

Who's y'all's favorite 'Alright, Time To Quit Fuckin' Around' hero? For me, it's usually Lucio because the team sucks at healing and I can make more of a difference keeping everyone barely alive than taking out one idiot OOP as Widowmaker..

I have a perfect 100% win rate with Symmetra out of 1 game so I will save her for the day I need her the most and destroy my opponents

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Spiros posted:

Ya lack of scoreboard is garbage

i think it's so you don't get fixated on your k/d ratio/shaming teammates

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The scoreboard wouldn't even be that accurate since assists count as kills

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yaws posted:

I am loving terrible at this game and I regret buying it

If you keep playing, maybe you will get better

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Javes posted:

Seagull should probably put his chat in sub only mode. 25K people spewing mostly garbage.

I don't think there's ever been a good twitch chat ever

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

hi angry thread am i lucky?

that's from 18 boxes and one bought with all my dupe money

I just opened my 17th box + the rarest thing I've got is an epic zarya skin

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

A week from now no one will ever get killed again by Hanzo/D.Va ultimates, right

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They could put D.Va's head hitbox on the back of the mech or something

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe they need to change her ultimate voice line to 'BUFF THIS'

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It took 18 loot boxes but I finally got a legendary

it's ok

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I really hope they take another look at some of the achievements because they seem pretty clearly designed for different builds/balances than what we're currently playing with.

Zenyatta has one where he has to rapidly apply Discord to kill 4 people in six seconds. Does the rate of fire even allow that if you're like almost point blank with 4 people and Pharah is doing all the damage with her ult or something

Meanwhile one of Mercy's achievements is almost literally "Play Mercy for a bit."

There's one for destroying three of Symmetra's teleporters in one game which seems like it would never happen

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

mormonpartyboat posted:

lots of questions like this are really just "how do i beat team that's working together well" and there is no real answer beyond your team working together betterer

though now i want to get a group of idiots together and try a 5 widow, 1 reinhardt comp

You need to have more faith in your widowmaker, the optimal set up is 5 mercy 1 widow (all using the damage boost, no healing required)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jimbot posted:

I love playing as Zarya but there's a distinct lack of feedback that helps you with things. How do you know you have a shield up? Subtle details in the corner of your screen. How often do you look at the corners of your screen? Very rarely. The beam is really hard to gauge because there's no point of reference. It casts no shadow or light so you can't check the ground under it for its length. Having more info on the crosshairs would go a long way to fixing some of those problems for pretty much all the heroes, in my opinion.

I know I have a shield up because I just hit the shield button

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Nodelphi posted:

Phara's Native American legendary skins are problematic.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

On this subject though, how many of the characters actually have voice actors form the nationality they are supposed to be? I swear Widowmaker only has a french accent like, half the time.

I think it's pretty much everyone except for Junkrat/Torbjorn/Reinhardt/Pharah

I think someone said Mercy had an American voice actor then they changed it right before the open beta or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The pro hanzo strat is to use the wolf costume so it's okami ga waga teki wo kurae + hit people while they're consulting google translate