Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Microwaves Mom posted:

Let us compile a list of heroes that are robots / mechs / power armor / or cyborgs that I can play.

1. D.Va
2. Pharrah
3. Geji
4. Zenyatta
5. Reinhardt
6. Bastion

E:
7. McCree
8. Soldier 76

Junk rat
Symmetra

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I think jimbo is still global muted

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Well I got gearbot again. It's destiny.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

So if Dva is totally actually super good you guys no really, how am I supposed to be using her guns? I guess there's some trick to it like getting the one shot kill on all body types with the scrap gun. Because holy gently caress the cannons seem to do Torbjorn turret dps.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Does hanzo's arrows do 125?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Thumbtacks posted:

anyone have roadhog tips? he's hilarious and I'm enjoying it quite a bit but I'm not entirely sure what exactly my job is during fights

When you hook someone it generally puts their head in your crosshair. You want their chest in your cross hair so aim lower. Hold left click after your hook hits. Cancel into melee in case they survive

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Just make widow body shots 125

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Ddraig posted:

Does Lucio's upper body have a much smaller hitbox than everyone elses? I can never get a killing shot on him with Roadhog's combo unless I aim downwards. It makes me suspect there's something about his posture/model that makes it so the typical killzone isn't there.

Yes. Same with Mei. Both have a lower kill zone. So does torb but duh. Quite a few of the characters are actually pretty sure. Lucio Mei and tracer barely reach up to the counter in the theater.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Thumbtacks posted:

help how do i zenyatta, i got a cool skin and want to use it

Play him where there isn't long lines of sight for snipers to exploit. I like him on Volksaya for this reason. Always orb every one. With your E you can out damage most people in the game yourself. Just borb their face. Corner shooting with the right click is mostly a gimmick.
There's no damage fall off but the travel time makes long range shooting typically a bad idea. Focus tanks trying to break through your lines while your team shoots the dangerous people. You always want to be behind your team, you want them to draw the fire.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

GlitchThief posted:

I'd buy lootboxes if you could selectively turn items into currency like Hearthstone cards.

Yeah it's crazy you can't.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Buckwheat Sings posted:

McCree. The flash bomb is faster than Roadhog react after his combo hook. This requires you to be good at McCree's instant 2 gun unloads though. Another one is Tracer. However you need fast fingers for both.

No. The shot is instant you will die when hooked. Also hog can possibly survive the flash bang combo anyway with his massive health and heal.

Roadhog has trouble with Mei, specifically. And good widows typically.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Main Paineframe posted:

Zarya. If she gets hooked, she'll survive Roadhog's first shot and she'll be able to pop her shield before Roadhog can get a second shot off. Also if one of her teammates gets hooked she can give them a shield to protect them during the stun and totally ruin Roadhog's combo.

Also shield blocks hook

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Buckwheat Sings posted:

The timing is tight as hell but McCree can pop his nade and Tracer can rewind before the murder combo. Not sure about Lucio.

That guy was explaining how that won't work if road hog hooks you close enough. The stun time isn't increased for travel time, if you're hooked closer you're stunned for longer after he's done the hook.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Wildtortilla posted:

Does Roadhog's M2 explode in a sphere or in the direction it was traveling?

Direction

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

whaam posted:

I don't think this is true. I'd say they are fairly even for harassing and area denial with their ults. The other thing is dva is going to die a lot less than an equally played Winston imo.

Lol.

Winston is miles more survivable than dva

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

JollyPubJerk posted:

As a Roadhog player, D.Vas are a pain in the rear end to deal with, while Winstons are easy to control. D.Va can also fly out of bottomless pits when you hook her into one ><

Yeah but that's pretty much unique to roadhog. He doesn't exploit dva's glaring weaknesses, mostly her head box.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Brannock posted:

Hmm, a meatshot into a gigantic headbox is certainly playing to D.Va's strengths

I know this is like pages ago but hitting four more scrap pellets in her head for like plus 20 damage isn't good since she just fucks off, or man fights you and you blow your load on the robot.
But most of the tanks are bad prey for road hog. A great Winston will buy enough time with shield weaving in and out. Hog can harass them pretty well but doesn't want to engage any of them really. Hell when other hogs hook me I usually kill them.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Efexeye posted:

I saw a D va get a POTG yesterday on Anubis by boosting over a wall and bailing out of her mech halfway through so that it went over and she didn't. Killed like 6 of us and chat exploded. Really neat play.

I'm sorry, but you're bad.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Yeah mcree is more area denial, which is defense not offense. Maybe Mei could switch with him?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Offense people are about mobility and flanking. Mei can use her wall to get around, and her self heal is good for a back line harassment campaign. She basically fits the role as well as mcree does, who is about ambushing flankers and punishing tracers diving mercies.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Afraid of Audio posted:

mcree is the kill people character, there is never a time where you do not want him

Yes that's true, but I don't think he's supposed to be the "always good in every situation against everyone" character because that shouldn't exist.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

cock hero flux posted:

Mcree's main flaw is that he's got the worst mobility out of the offence heroes but if he hits you with the flashbang you are essentially already dead. So the counter to him is shooting him from outside flashbang range.

That said I think they should replace the stun with a blind/disarm because it's a little too easy to just flash someone and then dump 6 shots into their face while they can't move. They should at least be able to flail around so you have to aim.

If he doesn't just shoot you in the face with left click.

Wangsbig posted:

hmm yes the guy w/ short range instakill ability, less offensive and more defensive than character that literally puts up walls

I'm just using their own logic. Offense heroes are stated to be good at "getting around" defenses.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

The scrapper skin was my reward for constantly saying dva is not worth playing while occasionally playing her because I like aggressive characters

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Also that borb does half of most people's health. They can't afford to just eat it.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

pakman posted:

Sorry but Green Cyborg Ninja Dude is Fun with a capital "F."

Yeah he's a real F, F-!!!!

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

RanKizama posted:

Got my 7th loot box because I'm a lazy casual. Three Commons and a purple (Legendary?) emote for Zarya of her trying to hype up a crowd like she's a WWE Diva.

Epic. Gold is legend.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Did that dva vs soldier math take rockets into account?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I prefer no scoreboard. It just enables whiners

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Countblanc posted:

if in-game awareness is enough to tell who is bad, why is it bad to have a scoreboard since people can apparently divine who to bm anyway

Because it stops the sort of people who can't team play but then get a high number on the board and start calling people poo poo.
In hots its "look at my siege damage!"
Their mercy has more healing (because they are playing safer) you're poo poo! Winston why don't you have like any kills!

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Spiros posted:

Tbh its enough that I can badger my hyper-competitive cs friends into admitting that it was I, spiros, who got the golds in damage and eliminations

Yeah medals is the only stat I really need

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

GlitchThief posted:

Jesus. The game has been out for 3 days and some of y'all are already trying to sort the goods from the bads.

That's something a bad would say

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

what is the counter to widowmaker anyway? reaper? drinking until the pain is gone?

widowmaker (winston)

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I know about that but I mean nothing's changed yet so I figured maybe you meant something REALLY stupid was going on.

They're just doing the patron wait and see thing.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Mei is just over shadowed by Mcree as a strong duelist.

Also it's loving stupid the arrow only does 125 but the poo poo scan idiot fucker rifle does 150

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Countblanc posted:

arrow charges in .5 seconds, rifle is 1s (which is too fast, but they both are)

Yeah but who the gently caress lands arrows? Make the charge time whatever it needs to be so the arrows do 200 god drat.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Broseph Brostar posted:

You seriously can't hit people with arrows? The hitbox is extremely generous.

I'm being hyperbolic. But it's still a skill to actually land arrows let alone head shot with them compared to a hitscan.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I know it was pages back but dva can headshot roadhog to death at point blank if she can aim but it doesn't matter just right click her.

Broseph Brostar posted:

Yes its harder to hit people with his bow, but that's because he isn't supposed to have parity with Widow's ability to snipe. Her kit is completely focused on her ability to click heads at range while Hanzo is a sniper that can also deal significant damage at close range.

But he's not better at close range than her. If anything its easy to spray the rifle into people jumping around you than to bow them. I know he has the E but that is also better on people farther away. Also you can still scope people up close if you know they're coming, and you probably do with wall hacks.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

I'm convinced they nerfed the loot box drop rate from the beta. Think I've had 1 purple and 1 gold after 20 boxes.

Yeah I'd have 6 golds by now in the beta. I think I was just ludicrously lucky though

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

My favorite is when I'm breaking a Reinhardt barrier with Bastion so he charges me and I just kill him before he touches me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

pakman posted:

The thing that infuriates me most about this game are Hanzo arrows. I love getting hit by arrows before the firing animation finishes, and i love getting hit in the head by arrows that didn't actually hit my head. I swear to god there's inherent aim assist on them. No I'm not playing on console.

Lag?

Also yeah animations are weird. I play a lot of roadhog but I always get killed when I'm against one because his animations don't telegraph the same to the enemies as to the player.