Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
I'm dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Eonwe posted:

hey guys im gonna play this

:eyepop: thats crazy haha

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

RanKizama posted:

I might have to call out of work tomorrow. My wife is gonna be pissed.

thats why you have your overwaifu to get you through those tough marital spots

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Brannock posted:

Six hours

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Zaphod42 posted:

Release date, woot woot.

I just realized with shields regenerating that Symmetra's team shield probably doesn't work like I had assumed. I figured she gave people a shield that slowly wore off and she'd have to top it off as a form of healing, but shields regenerate. So apparently its permanent until they die, that's cool. Does that mean you can theoretically put shields on your whole team as long as they don't die, or can you only have on shield up at a time?

uhh, when I played the Tism Prism Princess, I'm pretty sure I was able to shield everyone on my team, and when they died and came through my teleporter, i kept reshielding them and locking down areas

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Shy posted:

Battleborn went on sale today sooooo

:lol::lol::laugh::lol::lol:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

afkmacro posted:

yeah that's pretty much why I stopped playing, i couldn't keep up with the updates and hat barons

I stopped playing because the soldier demo nade rocket spam was outrageous and they introduced more weapons to make them even spammier

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Jastiger posted:

It was more when they started introducing items that changed the basic class mechanics. Demo's that can run faster than scouts and heal off metal? What?! Heavies that can move silently? Spy cloaks that make you invulnerable while cloaked? The power creep got ridiculous, and the demographic ate it up.

I'm also super glad its limited to 6v6 and its not just huge spam fests. You have to pay attention in this game, and hopefully it keeps the casuals out. (Who am I kidding I'm a casual, but you know what I mean).

now its all coming back to me, the demo with the insane insta kill charges

at the time everyone was just like thast so wacky! :xd: but I guess in retrospect...

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
five hours to go...

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
In my view, Battleborn is a disaster. It is one of the greatest failures of game design in gaming history. What we are going to say to the Battleborn marketing team is "It must end, or we are going to end it for you."

Enough is enough. We must preserve our retinas for our future and our children's future. Blindness is real, and it is caused by devastating strobe effects and garish color schemes. Thank you.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm just always really sad when a game turns out horrible like this. I'm sure the devs really wanted to make something special and put a lot of their heart into it but it looks like it got mismanaged and mislead to hell. Gearbox just didn't have the kind of sense to can the thing like Blizzard did with Titan and we ended up with this Frankenstein disaster that should never have lived to begin with.

Gearbox was always bad hope this helps

just take it to the woodshed, it's suffering.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Borderlands is good though. :colbert:

ennnnhhhh

ehhhhhhh~

yea whatever i guess :shrug:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
have fun playing Battlepoors
________ /
:smugdon:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Zzulu posted:

battleborn more like stillborn lol

hosed up but true :shrug:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Afraid of Audio posted:

death to memes

nice meme

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Eonwe posted:

ive thought about streaming but ive never really done it and dont think anyone would really watch me

maybe i will though, who knows

streaming is a lot of effort to set up and u gotta make sure ur upload speed is good or ull just have bad delay

i would watch u tho

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Harlock posted:

The boxed Origins edition came with an actual game DVD, a free Jaina hero in HOTS, free Hearthstone cards, an SCII trial, a WoW trial, and a Blizzard sticky notepad.

sweet, a blizzard sticky notepad! thats awesome

what kind of sick notes will u scribble down friend

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Brannock posted:

235 minutes

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Eonwe posted:

it'd be really sad if I died in a car accident on the way home

because my family would miss me

dont be #350, gently caress that

I went outside increasing the risk of dying because I was hungry and I drove to get some food and came back and I was real careful and paying attention to the road and buckled my seatbelt. If some rear end in a top hat was gonna t-bone me in the face and paralyze me if I wasn't killed... I already had a plan *puts on driving gloves and puts toothpick in mouth while tugging on my tiger sukajan jacket*

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

HardDisk posted:

for all you know you might have choked on your food and your hell is that you wont get to play OW. :ohdear:

omg, I was eating the food on the way back! I was being insanely reckless and tripling my chances of dying before Overwatch was launched!!1 :wth: :byodame: :wth:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
im eating jello from here on out so i dont choke on my food and die

Ignimbrite posted:

One hour, fuckboys

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

objects in mirror posted:

It's raining outside and I'm gonna give 5 Uber rides before heading home later tonight, I hope I don't die and miss out on Overwatch

just put on the driving gloves and a sukajan jacket with your spirit animal embroidered in it and you'll be prepared :ocelot:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
im gonna take a shower before i launch, i hope i dont slip on the tile and crack my head wide open and become #350

:wave:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
in less than 5 minutes, overwatch will release in the atmosphere, ensuring

COMPLETE

GLOBAL

SATURATION

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Hughmoris posted:

I can't connect! Game is a flop!

:sad:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Zaphod42 posted:

I'M IN MOTHERFUCKERS

poo poo, its stuck

LIAR

aha!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
nice meltdown y'all

same time tomorrow?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

GlitchThief posted:

oh this party has just gotten started :getin:

we got a nice wave of tears coming, check out that :krad: break, im gonna surf it

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

LegoMan posted:

What do you mean the servers can't handle a million connections all in the same 10 second period?

this is bullshit, I paid MONEY for this yanno, im ENTITLED

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Cage Kicker posted:

Wait are people for real that mad or is the joke going right over my head

some might not be a joke :allears:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

anime was right posted:

is anyone surprised, really

i for one am SHOCKED, let me tell you...

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Zaphod42 posted:

We should start betting on how long it'll take

for what

how long it takes for 351 to die before the servers launch?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

that was heartbreaking :smith:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
I'M IN!

I'M IN!!!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Please help, I love this game but have played like one FPS game ever and my aim is total poo poo, but I want to be able to play and enjoy characters who aren't Symmetra and Winston. Is there some way to effectively practice to improve my aim? Even as characters everyone recommends for beginners like Reaper, people run circles around me and I'm not quick enough turning around/get disoriented with all the spinning so they kill me.

lower sensitivities and there's a drop down menu for customizing sensitivity on every character

because you'll want higher sensitivity with winston to leap and zap poo poo but a low sensitivity if you wanna dome as widowmaker and hanzo

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Been having a lot of fun with Soldier 76

saved a bastion and mercy in a recent match by dropping a canister and weeding out a flanking McCree in a corridor.

Felt really tactical and poo poo, I just sprayed in there and then shot off a rocket and killed him, Then I zigged to cover and sprayed some more lead into some more enemies faces and dropped them, kept doing this over and over

felt like an onslaught with his sprinting and darting. I actually felt pretty soldiery, thats whats so great about overwatch, each characters feel like the roles that they are.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Bogart posted:

Who's y'all's favorite 'Alright, Time To Quit Fuckin' Around' hero? For me, it's usually Lucio because the team sucks at healing and I can make more of a difference keeping everyone barely alive than taking out one idiot OOP as Widowmaker..

Bastion because nobody can handle Reinhardht

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

HardDisk posted:

Lastgirl I want to thank you for teaching me the ways of nice meltdown. :3:

lol ya its a thing now :3:

yw~ :h:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

LegoMan posted:

A good Widowmaker is so much more frustrating than a good Bastion.

:smug: