Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Late reply on the TF2 comp conversation, but a pretty big reason that team comp was settled on so fast was because 5 CP maps were the maps being played the most often, meaning high damage, high mobility characters were the most useful picks in almost any situation on those maps.

In other game modes there is a bit more variation in what classes teams will pick based on whether they are attacking or defending. I think having some more game modes that aren't either koth or attack/defend might go a long way towards having people more willing to break out other characters over the usual picks. For instance, a game mode that requires more mobility would limit Reinhardt's near universal usefulness I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Did you just assume Roadhog's gender you piece of poo poo

What's it like still finding this joke funny?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

She reminds me of Bill from Freaks and Geeks a bit

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I was lucky enough to win the first game of CTF I played, but unlucky enough to get nothing from the five loot boxes I opened tonight.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Smeed posted:

You can ignore it and the issue will literally disappear from your life. And then you won't have to waste your time reporting and asking Blizzard to nanny the kind of behavior exhibited by children (a significant portion of blizzards customer base, I imagine) since the dawn of time.

I had a game once where somebody was playing Mei and ice walled at the beginning at the door. To be fair, that is a really annoying prank, and I don't know how anybody finds it funny.

However, our Ana decides to spend the entire game regularly going into text chat to shittalk them, which of course the Mei just had to respond to every time. They would regularly stop in the middle of the match, standing out in the open for the enemy team to kill them, and effectively made the game a 4 V 6. I wish I could have just ignored that, and had fun with the game, but they pretty much ruined that entire game.

That's not even bringing up that not everybody has the luxury of just being numb to insults. Imagine being subjected to slurs related to your identity repeatedly, and then turning on Overwatch, and having to put up with even more of it. It's really not a good experience, and just telling people to "ignore it" doesn't actually solve the problem.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Pretty much all my QP games have people picking so the game doesn't warn you about "Not enough X heroes."

"Too many snipers" is usually ignored though.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The real question is how good will the emotes and skins be?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Bumper Stickup posted:

Imagine a giant, pissed off spider tank. Now imagine it in a pretty pink tutu.

I imagine every character in pretty ponk tutus.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Best thing about the new character is that it's not another character with a stun, and has an ability to prevent stuns

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Kerrrrrrr posted:

there's like loving 15 of those movies now

also there's a new comic with maybe some new skins in it

http://comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/tracer-uprising

fancy version:

https://reader.madefire.com/work/OVERWATCH-UPRISING/read

Mercy looks extremely baked

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'd much rather play a faster game with less barriers to shoot through on top of healing.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

headcase posted:

I like playing a game that makes team cooperation the most important component of winning, and has lots of ways to carry that don't involve putting a crosshair pixel on a head pixel.

There's ways to do that that don't involve making the game a slog

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I haven't played since before Sigma, but I'm cautiously optimistic about Overwatch 2.

Not into the PVE stuff though. Grinding levels for 100 hours for Left 4 Dead co-op doesn't seem all that appealing to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Team Fortress 2 got by just fine without shields.

I think the goal shouldn't be to remove shields entirely, but to make it so that picking Reinhardt is more engaging than just holding right click for 5 minutes.