Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

HODOR!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I am IN, motherfuckers!

See ya!

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

When a round "clicks", this is the most fun I have had in a game in a long, long time.

When you're getting clowned by other, better players and in addition your team is borderline incapable, it's the most rage-inducing experience ever.

Holy poo poo, I'm afraid I am going to pop a vessel today.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Jul 19, 2022

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Zorodius posted:

the best thing is reflecting High Noon with Genji.

They can't help themselves. They gotta click!

Yup.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I left maybe 3 or 4 games prematurely over the course of 3 hours and got a -75%xp penalty that lasts for an hour.

Admittedly, those were ragequits, but gee Blizzard, sometimes people have other poo poo to do and need to leave before the game ends ...

Well, next time I'll just idle for 15 seconds and get kicked.
I wonder what the penalty for that will be.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Brannock posted:

If you have other poo poo to do then the penalty won't matter

The penalty is play time, not real time, as far as I can tell.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Just had a Lucio game where I was 93% of the time on fire, died only once or twice while pushing for B on Volskaya Industries, put up 4 or 5 sound barriers on the final push and no one moved in properly or killed the enemies Mercy.

Christ.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Is there a way to boost the score per round?
Right now I am making 2,500 - 3,500 points per round, even on a spectacular round with a 20 kill streak, 5 medals and PotG tops out at 3,500ish.

I know that grouping adds 20%, but are there other achievements that boost the tally?

Edit: It doesn't seem to make a difference if you get one or three gold medals, the bonus is always 150xp... should at least be 150xp each.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 02:14 on May 27, 2016

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Why doesn't the game have a built-in "Upload PotG to Youtube"-Button?
Seems like a huge overwatchsight.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Internet Kraken posted:

Am I wrong in thinking Lucio is pretty much mandatory in KOTH? If you use his speed boost at the start your team gets to the point way faster, and if you have setup heroes that super important even if the point is locked. Getting to the capture zone first just gives you such a big advantage.

Does it though?
I make it a point to use a flanker (Tracer, Soldier 76) to get in the opposing team's back at the start of every round to weaken or distract them. If everyone rushes to the objective and they wipe, the other team gets a strong foothold that is hard to break.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Harlock posted:

Just having the most garbage day. Win rate dropped by like 7%.

Turn in your badge.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Quick math pop quiz:

What are the odds of me getting 3 duplicates from a single loot box (the fourth item being 50 coins) when I just hit level 39?

That's gotta be some Powerball level poo poo right here.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

flashman posted:

Wow!!!!! He better head out and buy a powerball, stat!!!!

And here I thought that goons had a knack for math. Apparently not.
But maybe I am wrong assuming that the odds are approximately 978^3:1 or 935,441,352:1
Yeah, still not Powerball levels.

I was hoping someone would actually do the math.
Congratulations, you're not nerds.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Put the shield on, drop the car wash on side points and rev up the lazer chainsaw.

And most importantly, always be hopping.
Seriously, even Tracer does not stand a chance as long as you try to keep her in front of you.
Your beam grows stronger the longer you keep it on a target. If you switch targets, it will retain it's damage (and drop off for each second it is not hitting an enemy).

Hop and kill. Hop and kill. HOP AND KILL.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 23:43 on May 29, 2016

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Andrast posted:

Mercy gets her ult up really fast. When I started playing Mercy I was really conservative with it and now half my resses are a like one guy.

There's really no point in saving it when you are going to have it up on the next push anyway.

https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2016/05/25/optimal1

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Peak Pharah - Queen of environmental kills

When you know you got the PotG the second it happens ... LOOK MA, NO ULT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoyC_En64jw

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jun 6, 2016

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Ahhpple posted:

Lucio's gameplay isn't fun. It's boring. His gun has terrible gunfeel. There's barely any decision making to be had with his auras. Wallriding isn't an especially engaging movement ability. Sound barrier is dead simple to use. He just runs back and forth spamming his lovely projectiles at a choke or shield and hits his ult and boost when its time to fight. However he really helps your team win the game, so if you find winning fun then pick him.

All of you complaining about how boring Lucio is forget to mention how incredibly satisfying it is to blast someone off the map and into the void.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Hint for a new hero discovered:

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Verranicus posted:

Of course these aren't the only solutions and perhaps there are better ones out there. However if nothing is done about this people are just going to lose interest in Overwatch because simply put you can't play Overwatch when a good 1-4 people on your team are not remotely interested in participating in it.

Please tell me how I need to play the game so you enjoy it more.

Or maybe switch yourself?!

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

How to git gud with Symmetra.
Required viewing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4uUTnfFKes

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Edmond Dantes posted:

10 seconds.

What's really stupid long is the downtime before matches. You get 30 seconds to pick a team, and then another minute waiting on the spawn point if you're attacking; they could just make the defenders spawn closer for the start of the game and cut 30 seconds of wait time honestly.

Yeah, I wanted to do the math someday how many years of precious lifetime are wasted by that.
12 players per game, at least one minute wasted per round x hundreds of thousands rounds played.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Mierenneuker posted:

For those of you who don't peruse Reddit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQbSlktqpm4

:zenpop:

Even the announcer sounds astounded at what just happened.

Quadruple Kill. No, wait. Quintuple Kill. Nooo, it's a TEAM KILL.
Love it.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Broken Cog posted:

Mccree is... pretty bad right now. It's basically impossible to kill a Reaper solo for one thing. I don't think he was actually overpowered before, just frustrating to fight against.
It can also be pretty hard to kill Genji's.

No kidding, I had a McCree going after my Hanzo, he failed twice despite getting his flashbang off first every time. The third time he finally succeeded, thanks only to the Lucio boost he received prior. And I am not even a good Hanzo.

Poor McCreed.

Naaah, gently caress him.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 18, 2016

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Mei is one of the most balanced heroes in the game? :raise:

I mean, not in the way he's suggesting, more the exact opposite.

Well, she has the lowest center of gravity, so yeah, she's the most balanced character.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Volskaya attack.

I go Reaper and port left to the dock platform to avoid the choke point and flank.

As I materialize, I see a D.Va waiting for me in the door. She boosts towards me, I sidestep (going "Oléééé" in my mind) she blasts off the platform. Flabbergasted, she forgets she could easily pull up and turn around. Seconds later, in chat: "whyy?".

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Dr Cheeto posted:

The only news I'm interested in is if Mei will go out with me.

Well, she has been heard saying that you "can do it together".
That little hussy.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Speaking of Roadhog, a Reinhardt charged me off the cliff on the final checkpoint of Gibraltar.
I flew off while he managed to stop right before the edge.
I think he even had the nerve to emote as I fell.

Then I hooked him and took him down with me.
His reaction in chat?

"THAT WAS AWESOME!"

This game sometimes.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Well, that got creepy fast.
Time to flush my browser history.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Skimmed the last couple of pages and searched for "21:9" and nothing showed up, so...

quote:

Overwatch 21:9 monitor ratio support

We heard Blizzard were “discussing” wider screen resolutions, and now it's been confirmed as "late July - give or take" according to Jeff Kaplan. Currently the game only supports, for example, 16:10 with black bars. Presumably the problem comes from wanting to maintain a fair gameplay experience between different aspect ratios.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/overwatch/overwatch-summer-update

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Funkameleon posted:

The more annoying aspect of Torb for me is that he can just rebuild pretty fast after a turret is dropped. I feel like the CD on the turret shouldn't start until the previous turret goes away, like winston's shield

Make turrets require 1 or 2 scraps to build. Start Torbjoern with 2 scraps.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Well, this kinda belongs here.
Fair warning, don't click if you haven't seen the season finale of Game of Thrones (and intend to).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD7SAFzXSSo

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Ddraig posted:

Unless they patched it out recently, it's definitely the case. People just don't shoot Reinhardt's shield.

You can see it in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FejcaA2Ai70

10 seconds in, Zarya bubbles Reinhardt. Soldier fires his helix rocket/fires at Reinhardt's shield (he doesn't actually hit Reinhardt or Zarya) and it instantly rockets Zarya up to 94 energy.

The shield is pointing towards the Bastion and the Soldier is coming from the spawn exit, so it might actually be hitting Reinhardts rear end instead of the shield.
I wouldn't count on it, honestly.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I was looking for something like this and maybe some may find it handy somewhere down the line...
(Download links inside the video description)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwKaL6kbtGE

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Proposition Joe posted:

I remember them saying that they wouldn't be adding single new heroes but instead release new heroes in batches, so we'll probably be getting Sombra at the end of the year in a big hero update that adds a few different sorts of heroes and deletes Hanzo forever, which would be good.

Haha, imagine if they actually released story cinematics where heroes are killed and from that point onward will no longer be available in game.

drat, the real money lootboxes are the only thing shutting down this option.
People would get so frothy around the mouth if their paid for skins would vanish into the ether.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

TheresaJayne posted:

We were in a comp match and one person left, we all had a countdown to "you may leave without penalty in "

Once that hit 0 i was suddenly 1 mercy Vv another team

If I had been on the opposing team, I would have motioned to let you win.

Sure, a 6 vs 5 is fair game, but I would feel terrible stomping a single opponent.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Woah, Mercy's pretty creepy.

There's a theory floating around somewhere that she is actually a villain.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

FYI, Battleborn is 14 bucks on Prime Day in Germany.

Hahaha.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Ana's voice acting is perfect. Smiling so hard

She sounds a lot - but at the same time not quite - like Shohreh Aghdashloo.
Which is a shame, they should have gone for her.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

My overwantch suggestion: give lucio soap shoes

Let Mei skate on the ice patch if she shoots the ground in front of her for a small speed boost.

Comedy option: Make others (opponents and teammates) slip on it randomly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

So every game today has one autistic, ADHD riddled Genji on the other team that wrecks poo poo, ults every 40 seconds and reflects literally everything on point.

Who locked the cabinet with the Ritalin?