Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Can you seriously not gift this game to someone? Jesus, that's amazingly inept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Last night I played with a group of 4-5 friends for most of the night and I swear a good 75% of our games where we were attacking the defending team had 4+ Bastions or turret dwarf engineer dude. Is that a normal part of the meta? It was extremely annoying.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Countblanc posted:

the idea of calling torb and bastion tryhard characters that you switch to when you're losing to autowin is really funny to me

I had asked about how to counter Bastion / Torb last page, because we went up against teams with 4 Bastion / Torbs for defense, then a healer and Reinhart or whatever, and it felt impossible to beat. Granted we are all super new and don't really know the characters yet. I tried Pharaoh but wasn't able to do enough DPS. I think I needed to encourage more of my group to go anti-turret.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

He's fun to play.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

:stare: Is... is this being played at 1.5x speed or something?

Yeah, not saying this person isn't good but that is definitely sped up.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I've noticed a trend of people slam-picking Tracert a lot in the past few days. I like playing tanks and healers, but sometimes I just want to go fast. :(

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Yeah, and that also seems to gloss over the fact that someone is pending time continuously knocking her off her perch.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Yeah let's get this out of thread drama going so we can get it closed Dota style.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

mcbexx posted:

Skimmed the last couple of pages and searched for "21:9" and nothing showed up, so...

http://www.pcgamesn.com/overwatch/overwatch-summer-update

Thank loving God. This was super annoying.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Is ShadowPlay not the best solution for someone with an NVIDIA card?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

What's the best counter to a Bastion and Torb heavy team on a spot where you can't get LOS or lob grenades? Genji? I usually go Pharah/Junkrat/Widowmaker, but sometimes I just can't seem to make it work with them.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Mei is annoying when I am running around as gorilla mans, please nerf.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Grammaton posted:

I started playing Reinhardt in competitive and started winning. Coincidence?

Are a Rein and Mercy both basicly mandatory for competitive? (on payload maps)

I haven't played a single competitive game yet but I'm just not sure you can be competitive without a Mercy unless the other team doesn't have one. The targeted healing to keep someone who is being focused up seems too powerful. At least from the Quick Play games I've played in groups.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I feel like everyone hates overtime... I've played enough to hit like level 40 and it seems just fine? Sure, you lose some with it but certainly you win some? And it seems to make the end of marches fairly intense? What's wrong with that?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

They need to move Symmetra to Defense and make 2 more "healing" Support characters.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

CaptainScraps posted:

I can play almost every character except Winston. What the hell do I do with Winston?

Winston is absolutely amazing. Your job as Winston is to harass their back line with your high HP, bubble shield, high mobility, and ult that causes a huge amount of chaos and acts as a full heal.

Just practice jumping towards the back line, dropping your bubble, shooting people with your lightning gun, then when you get low on health either jump out or ult if you have it, bringing you to full and letting you stick around for much longer.

Once you get used to him and know the little tricks to fighting each hero he can be unstoppable. I'm not that great at this game and I routinely get 3-4 golds with him per game.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Edmond Dantes posted:

Also don't try to outdamage lvl.2 Torb turrets, you won't.

If you put your shield so it is between you and the turret but you can still lightning gun it, you absolutely can kill a level 2 Torb turret. Your shield will break and you'll get low on health, but it can be done. Just don't try it when Torb is standing right next to you shooting you in the back.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I would say pick a hero in each role. I feel everyone should have a few heroes they are better at than others and be able to pick them if the team needs that role filled. Not roles as the defined Offense/Defense/Support, but tanky, healing, harassing, pushing, etc.

But then again, I'm no Twitch superstar so take that for what it's worth. It has just made me feel like a better player.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

PerrineClostermann posted:

gently caress you if you want 21:9 or greater than 103 FOV

Whether they'll comment on the frame/refresh rate advantage they do support remains to be seen.

So wait... Are 21:9 players losing visual space off the top and bottom with this...? Like we won't be able to see as high or low as 16:9?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Their implementation of 21:9 is pretty bad. Anyone who's played a cropped 16:9 knows how cramped and in your face it feels. If they're going to be this stubborn, they should just keep the black bars as the "default" support.

https://imgur.com/a/9lDcT

Wow, so not only is the top and bottom cropped... but you don't actually get more peripheral view on the sides? You literally lose sight by having 21:9 over 16:9. So they don't want to give 21:9 players an advantage, but they'll give them a disadvantage? How unbelievably dumb.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Yes, if you select 16:9 as your display ratio

Of course. It gives too much advantage playing with a little more periphery. But if you can spend tons of money on 144Hz+...

On the screenshots you posted, I don't see any advantage on the periphery. You seem the same exactly left and right, but lose up and down.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

FranktheBank posted:

Discord orb makes playing roadhog really lovely.

Also tends to wreck Winston.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

That's actually the problem with pretty much any goon group in a game that has matchmaking.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I'm reading this thread and just assuming people posting angrily about removing ults from the game are just trolling, because there is no way anyone is that dumb. The entire game revolves around ults. Please, let's remove ults from DOTA too, so we can play isometric Counter Strike.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Not with an attitude like that you won't!

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Playing QP last night, that's all I have played, I noticed way more gimmicky bullshit then when Comp was running. It's just like everyone who was playing Comp decided "well, I played serious for the last month time to gently caress around."

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

She will break your dick off.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Hydrocodone posted:

My mouse "pauses" consistently if I swipe it as fast as I can across my mousepad. This DOESN'T happen if I put the mouse directly on the desk, so I'm guessing it's my cheap mouse's laser or my cheap mousepad's texture (or lack of it).

Anyone familiar with this problem? Can I just try another mousepad or do I probably need an expensive mouse to fix it?

Is your mousepad reflective?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Hydrocodone posted:

Nope! It is a matte black thing except for the logo in one corner.

Then I have no explanation why it would work on your desk but not your mousepad, other than if it is wireless maybe something is interfering with it when you move it?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

resistentialism posted:

Just buy rocket league. It's fun even when you're bad at it and doesn't devolve into cheese as people get better.

Yeah, I'm not sure why anyone would play Lucioball when Rocket League exists. Additionally, if you somehow missed out on Rocket League you should definitely check it out.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Please God just put 1 hero per team in QP. So bored of the gimmicks.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Pharah's ult causes herself splash damage, so if she is low and you block with Reinheart or pop a Winston shield you can get her to kill herself. :derp:

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

woah did i just stumble into the EVE thread you loving NERDS UGH

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

My wife likes playing Mercy, definitely the vast majority of her time. But almost 300 hours worth...? Ugh.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Always vote for the healer. If you were the healer, then good job, vote for yourself!

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Meanwhile he was Lucio while you slam picked Gengi.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Winston is amazing and does not need a buff. He gets hosed pretty hard by Discord, and that's getting adjusted shortly. He'll do just fine.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I think I'm maybe slightly above average but generally play with a group who is below average, and I still see Torbs and Bastions completely shutdown teams. Torb + Bastion + Reinhardt + Mercy still poses a huge problem for "mid level" teams on certain maps, at least in my experience. This is on PC.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

If you're confused about why people use "MOBA speak" in this game you might have a mental disorder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

They should remove multiple characters per match just because it amplifies balance issues that they don't need to be chasing.

[Edit: Not to mention it's annoying as gently caress.]