Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
In a group with my friends at least one of us keeps getting disconnected. It's launch so I get it, but the really annoying thing is that I have to relaunch the game, and then exit it and relaunch a second time because it won't give me the "request invite to group" option. That's not a thing we encountered in beta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

QuasiQuack posted:

Mmmm, more salty whiners please. They will sustain me until I get home to play!

There was a Widowmaker me and my team were dealing with last night named Grover and long story short I hope he dies in real life

I am this salty whiner itt

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Crain posted:

So who were the new characters that people were theorizing again?

There was:

Sombra (mother of the year)

Doomfist (who is a kid, no really, I'm serious)

and like one other dude/dudette right? I feel like it was an attack looking class.

There's a ton of posters in the Hanamura arcade of a girl with cool 80s future glasses and what looks like some kind of robot? I wouldn't be surprised to see her become a new hero.

One of the devs did a Q&A for a Korean website and said there would definitely be new maps and characters this year. So Blizzcon is gonna be awesome as far as Overwatch is concerned

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Soothing Vapors posted:

Mercy is so good but that beam is like a "please come kill me now" sign

no one ever bothers me on Lucio

I loving love running behind enemy lines on Anubis and just running back and forth in that little tunnel right behind the capture point. You can so easily duck in and out of there and run on the walls so fast as Lucio and just annoy the poo poo out of the other team and super distract them. I've completely changed the tide of a few matches by doing that. Don't be afraid to NOT heal as Lucio sometimes!

Also unrelated, this game runs SO smoothly. Like goddamn this poo poo runs better than WoW in certain places. I'm really impressed by how good this game looks

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

net cafe scandal posted:

I realized why McCree is so fail - he's the only cahracter in the game without any mobility abilties or self heals so to make up for it he has an instant 1v1 fight win button combo. He is a fraud, and his belt buckle is probably the worst art direction choice in the game. I have no respect for him

:agreed:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I can't believe there are people that are suggesting Blizzard should limit the character selection so you can't have duplicate characters on the same team. That would be stupid aaaaaaaaaas gently caress

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Because I don't want to be restricted to what characters I can pick just because someone else on the team picked the same one?

or is this a trick question

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

This game is so so good and man does it make me so so salty sometimes. I loving swear to god some of these goddamned Widowmakers are robots. Bastions are nothing. Widowmakers make me saltier than anything else in this game with their instant headshot loving bullshit gently caress

This game is really good though and I have played nearly the entire day and all night last night so 10/10 Blizz game of the year

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

So. I finally gave Mei a real honest shot.

And she finally clicked.

She is incredible jesus christ

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Got the frog Lucio :woop:

It's not the gold one but it's a good second place :toot:

edit: Just had a healer get legendary on the commendation cards :3:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

It's hosed up that I have to work until 8 instead of icewalling fools with Mei

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

So satisfying. I'm the Zarya, Mother Russia is stronk.

Our Zarya did this when my Soldier 76 ult was ready and man was that poo poo satisfying

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I hope every good widowmaker player gets actual cancer in real life

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Dragongem posted:

I got the Anubis Pharah skin. She's my most played and I think it's my favorite of all her skins. I"m happy :unsmith:

It's really good. I'm honestly surprised it's not one of her legendary skins cause I think it looks way more interesting than the gundam one

I don't know which legendary I like more for Mei, the firefighter or the one with the big feather (the pink one of course)). Both of them are so good!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Thor-Stryker posted:

Friends don't let friends D.Va. If you seriously think you're doing good by pressuring snipers and flanking squishys, you could be doing it way better as a Winston.

Please don't D.VA shame your friends :colbert:

edit: I just noticed that Roadhog has a ring on each finger on his left hand with a letter on each one. What do the letters spell out? L-E-F-T :thumbsup:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

JollyPubJerk posted:

As a Roadhog player, D.Vas are a pain in the rear end to deal with, while Winstons are easy to control. D.Va can also fly out of bottomless pits when you hook her into one ><

I pulled a move I saw in one of the gifs posted here where a Reinhardt tried to shove me off the stage but I rocket boosted back up. It was great and my friends thought it was amazing :thumbsup:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Why is there constantly a situation where someone drops out at the very beginning of the match and then no one is replaced in that spot for the entire game? Why wasn't that fixed before the beta ended? It's ridiculous

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Papercut posted:

I have to strongly fight the urge to play Junkrat on every single map and regardless of team comp. He's so much fun.

He's also good in like most situations

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

limited posted:

So bored of Bastion PotG moments already.

Bastion himself is pretty easy to deal with so I don't have a problem with the character (Widowmaker is way loving worse IMO) but they really do need to do something about POTG so easily going to Bastion. He gets it a lot and it gets boring when you know there were plenty of awesome plays that happened besides Bastion mowing down some people.

edit: Scoreboard is stupid and I hope Blizzard never adds it in

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

cock hero flux posted:

Mei is one of those heroes that can never be good because her very concept is extremely annoying to play against and if she wasn't at least kind of bad then she would ruin the game.

Mei is really good though :confused:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I don't know how you guys do anything with Reaper. He just isn't meshing with me at all

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Rallos posted:

What legendary skin should I get for Junkrat? The court Jester looking one or the scarecrow? This is very important.

Scarecrow is 1000 times better than the Jester

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

WirelessPillow posted:

I wish pubbies would at least try to protect Mercy when she is being targeted.

Mercy is a huge pain in the rear end to actually kill because she can just jet off somewhere else instantly. It's not like just shooting the Medic in TF2. I can understand why people don't try to shoot her instead of the giant fat pig man she's healing

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Someone here posted something to the effect of they hope they never add in a Reaper skin that's like pink with flowers and sparkles and I just want to say the opposite

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Here's the source btw: http://www.pcgamesn.com/profiles/prolific8

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

God it's so satisfying watching dumbfuck Mcrees and Reapers kill my Junkrat only for them to casually try and walk over my body and get instantly blown up.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

This made me laugh pretty hard. We steamrolled this guy's team and he wasn't really a big fan of the hero choices his team made:

Also jesus christ Junkrat is so good. He's good in loving any situation. His tire is ridiculous if you can get it behind enemy lines without getting shot. His whole toolkit is so much fun. He's easily one of the most interesting characters in the game, TF2 Demoman ain't got nothin on this guy

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

quote:

So basically, the Chinese Overwatch community is now trying to spread out his story and, if it's possible, to have Blizzard's attention to this story of the heroic Overwatch fan, who never had a chance to play Overwatch. They hope Blizzard could in some way fulfill the young man's wish, maybe leaving vestiges of him in their games like they did in WoW (multiple memorial NPCs) and Hearthstone (the story behind Dreadsteed).

quote:

The young man, Hongyu Wu, tried to chase a motorcycle thief by riding behind him, and ended up with getting knocked off his own vehicle by the thief.

What a hero :china:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Grammaton posted:

We did a capture objective A then B map tonight and it took us like 1 minute to capture both. We just ran to the first one capped it then ran to the second one. I have no idea what the other team was doing.

Another map the other team had 4 D.Va's and they tough as hell, couldn't take the objective.

Who were the other two? Because 4 D.Va's shouldn't be a problem for Junkrat/Phara

cock hero flux posted:

They're very different characters because Zarya is an actual Tank and is good at saving teammates and herself from damage with her shields and then punishing enemies who try to fight through them where Roadhog is really a Defence hero that has a lot of HP and is good at catching enemies out of position and then murdering them.

A loving Roadhog literally hooked me as I was about to point blank some rockets into Bastion's face which allowed the Bastion to just unload into me and I couldn't do anything about it. That was pretty :wtf:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'm the Mac at the beginning part!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

fadam posted:

Blizzard give scoreboard please.

Blizzard don't do that actually

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Thoughtless posted:

Something that does bother me about Mei is she can still contest points while invulnerable.

If you freeze the enemy team or trap them they can still contest the point because they are on it

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I don't understand how this worked

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

GreyPowerVan posted:

Sure, they could lower her health, reduce the charge speed of the sniper, reduce her FoV even more, nerf quickscoping, nerf the mg portion, make her reload more often... Those are a few I can think of without nerfing her sniping damage.

They could just get rid of her because snipers are the worst and I hope all sniper players die irl

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Tom Gorman posted:

The best counter to widowmaker is to use bastion and pin down where she's positioned. Spend a few minutes climbing up stairs and sneaking up behind her undetected and then wait for her to scope and start picking off your teammates.

When you're sure she's distracted get right behind her, switch to turret mode and shoot her right in the fanny. If you can keep the crosshair on her for about 0.9 seconds, she'll drop like a rock every time.

Sneak up on a character... as Bastion

KACHUNK KACHUNK KACHUNK KACHUNK VRRRRP VREEEEP CHGCHGCHCHCHCHGHGHGHG

Nothing says stealth like Bastion!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Everything about this is amazing. loving :lol: at the idea that the Tracer should be allowed to rewind out of Junkrat's trap.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Nitramster posted:

So I jut got the game and I'm realizing that after over a decade of not playing PC shooters I utterly suck with the mouse and have no more reactions.

Which hero should I work on first till I shake off some rust? I've been using Pharah, D.Va, and Reaper because they seem to require less aiming ability but still so far I'm 1/10. I want to focus on one hero till I at least learn the maps.

Junkrat. He requires no skill. I don't mean that in a bad way, a good Junkrat will destroy you but he doesn't require precise aiming and his explody balls can bounce off walls and around corners and stuff

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Why is the concept of the voting cards that do nothing but allow you to give someone a "hey good job" so confusing for people? I swear it gets asked every other page what the point of them are

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Solumin posted:

Yeah, his concussion mine is great for finishing off weak enemies. I've really been enjoying Junkrat.

I just need to get better at using his ultimate. I didn't realize it could climb walls...

I almost never use the mine as an actual mine on the ground. It just works way too well being thrown in someone's face and then detonated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Battleborn characters are dumb, though I like the design on the witch girl with the ghost arms. TF2 is dead forever and I'm glad. Long live Overwatch. Long live Junkrat