Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
FYI, there is a 200mb patch to download if you are like me and haven't opened Battle.net since the beta ended. I don't know if I would want to try downloading it the same time as a million people this evening but maybe it won't matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Brosnan posted:

I hope this thread sucks less!

To be honest I'm just posting here as an audition to hopefully get into the Cowcaster thread

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

kaleedity posted:

gonna play zenyatta until I go up against folks that know what they're doing

might be a few days' worth of games

drat you must be really good

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Hope they buffed the poo poo out of Bastion

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Nvidia just pushed their Overwatch driver out for people who care about that stuff.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Brannock posted:

235 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX0fIi3H-es

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Strawberry Panda posted:

Perfect time for this game to come out cause my girlfriend moved to the other side of the country and I have nothing else to do between applying for jobs and crying!

You won't need a girlfriend anymore friend.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Where are you guys seeing a timer at? My Battle.net still just says Overwatch is Expected To Release 5/24/16

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Zenyatta rules but especially against teams with more than one tank on them. I love soloing some Winston multiple times because he doesn't realize the amount of damage he is taking.

Try playing him almost like a ranged offensive hero instead of following people around giving them your balls. He is super fun.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I wish they made a tip that says something along the lines of 'You really need to kill the teleporter or you have like no chance of winning'

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Solo matchmaking feels like it is getting worse by the day. I don't know why exactly but so many games feel completely one-sided and I'm getting poo poo like 2 Bastions on offense for a map and it is getting sort of frustrating.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think Dorado is really fun and also probably has my favorite motif out of all of them. It gets bonus points for having the Futurama bells.

My least favorite map so far is probably Hanamura since it feels like the first point is way too hard to get into. I've had a few games there where the first push gets stopped and the offense just sits near the doorway and just tries to pick people off the rest of the round like it was 2fort or something.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Anyone done any good pubstomps?
Managed to get both points on hanamura in 1:26 which was highly amusing

In solo queue Egypt I think I lost both points in under a minute but that was probably because our team was 6 Widows all standing on the same ledge.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I was on a 4 or 5 Winston team once and it was actually pretty legit. You can hop around and nuke people and turrets down instantly. The combo of mobility and pure HP and not really having to aim in a crowd probably make it the best cheesy gimmick lineup.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I don't know if this is controversial or anything but I think Bastion is the only garbage hero in the game. Not garbage in super unbalanced, just fun killing and boring. All the other ones are super interesting and offer something unique even if they obviously borrow from something else in the genre,, which is pretty remarkable for a FPS game made in tyool 2016.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

No, just about three seconds later to the thing which effortlessly killed the mech in the first place. Or if you're lucky, you can get away and spend the next 30 seconds plinking away trying to get the mech back, meanwhile your team is short a character which could be doing anything at all better than pilot-form D.Va.

D Va without the mech is still pretty good

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

voltron lion force posted:

What was different with Dva in closed beta? Someone said she was actually good back then

People didn't know what NERF THIS meant is probably the big difference.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I don't know if people are grouping more or what but solo queue seems more and more snowbally the longer the game is out.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

DurosKlav posted:

He was reaper and I beat him in a close range fight.

To be fair that hero shits out damage close range so it isn't that crazy

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Who are all these people at the end freaking out in all chat GG NO HEALER jesus switch to a support then you idiot. I've seen it three times today.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think Symmetra is really good on Numbani because there are lots of little areas to setup your death room and that first point being such a bitch for most teams makes a teleporter seem really strong.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
After reaching level 30 I have determined that the most fun heroes in the game are:

1) Mei
2) D Va
3) Roadhog
4) Mercy

Zen would be up there if he were a bit faster he just feels slow as hell.

Thanks for reading my list.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

but honestly, why would i play any other support when lucio exists

Mercy can fly and her pistol actually owns

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Getting pretty tired of being on the defense side of payload maps and seeing a million Reinhardts on my teams that just sit there with the shield and slowly die

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dias posted:

I feel it's usually worse on offense, yeah. Payload is fine except when your team kinda...doesn't care that there is a payload???? and they just run forward trying to flank badly while you die trying to contain their advance??????? Defense you just get outplayed by teams with actual coordination and tactics, or better aim.

Hanamura is the worst for this because if they get stopped one time pushing in then everyone just hangs out at the big doorway and does nothing. It has become the only map that makes me sad when I see it on the loading screen.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Level 39 and I finally made a basket.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Efexeye posted:

Does the net swish?

No

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Papercut posted:

I think my favorite thing about this game is interrupting Pharah's ult with a Hanzo headshot. "JUSTICE RAINS FROM AB-......".

I like hooking a Reaper just when he starts his ult, preferably before he gets the first DIE all the way out.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Ddraig posted:

It kind has some elements. Like when a useless D.Va (any other kind?) keeps loving feeding ultimate to everyone in the enemy team while doing absolutely nothing herself. Tactical visors and rocket barrages incoming all day :zenpop:

D Va owns

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Tom Gorman posted:

I legitimately don't know what just happened going 46/0 on Iilos as D.Va just now. I have never had a good game with this hero, then suddenly the best round I'll probably ever have.

Everyone was around level 40ish but it felt like playing against easy AI. I did nothing but boost behind their push and mow them down from behind. Figured it would work once, maybe twice, but it ended up working about six times.

;)

I had two amazing games in a row (as D Va coincidentially) and then get switched into a server trying to support a team that inexplicably walks into a Bastion turret one at a time over and over until I just gave up and quit out. I don't think I've ever played a game like this that feels so swingy between and during each game. Maybe that is a good thing in some ways but it feels mainly like a function of not having matchmaking system yet more than anything.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
D Va ult is so much better when you just lob it sorta straight up, people have no idea where to go loving go it is great.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Man those Mercy games where whatever guy you are healing inexplicably keeps running away from a 1 v 1 fight and gets you killed over and over

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Vermain posted:

If you're healing someone who's in a 1v1 fight and is trying to run away, pull out your pistol and start doming the dude until your teammate starts attacking out of embarrassment.

Yeah I know it is just like freaking Reaper come on dude you picked a goddamn Reaper and I am healing you what better situation could you possibly want for Manning Up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Manatee Cannon posted:

you can just walk up to reinhardt and shoot him through the shields with anyone if you're close enough I think. you're probably gonna eat a hammer if you try tho

Defense matrix should repel the hammer and make him wack himself with it imo