Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Yo cookie-bakers, can I substitute corn syrup for treacle in a lebkuchen-style gingerbread cookie recipe? Or should I be using molasses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Molasses would probably be too strong, but corn syrup wouldn't have the flavor. I would probably try a mixture of both.

If I can get my hands on golden syrup somehow, would that be preferable? The recipe I'm thinking of trying calls for an equal amount of honey and treacle, but describes the treacle as "beetroot syrup" and that's something I've never actually seen for sale stateside. (I'm guessing it's like an inverted sugar made as part of processing sugar beets into granulated sugar?)