Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
Made a batch of Blueberries & Cream cookies for a nerd gathering this weekend. We ended up using a combination of freeze-dried and "regular" dried blueberries so you'd get a decent blueberry flavor throughout with the occasional blueberry chunk bomb of flavor. Unfortunately I waited until I could see a bit of brown on the bottom so they ended up more overbaked/crunchier (but still good flavor) rather than chewy. Nuke them in the microwave and they were fine, though.

My question to you all is: What other fruit would be good to use in combination with the "milk crumb" used in these cookies? I was thinking strawberries would be the obvious next choice, possibly another combination of freeze-dried and regular dried with both being roughly chopped.

Also: You can eat those milk crumbs straight. Like goddamn. I'm thinking of trying them in combination with L&P's tea cake or coffee cake or muffins or something, I just need more of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Trebuchet King posted:

once I have money again I have to do this. I'll trip report, I promise.

Please do. I've never been a fan of dried peaches but this might be something I have to try.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

What do the milk crumbs look like when finished? The recipe left me unclear as to what the end result was.

It's sort of like large sandy crumbs. When you first get the white chocolate in there it'll clump up well but you can break it apart fairly easily. Prior to the white chocolate the texture reminded me of a pecan sandie dough.

EDIT: The desired effect is to mimic the sort of sugary clusters you'll get on muffin tops, and in my opinion it reflects that pretty well. Good stuff.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Trebuchet King posted:

Tastewise the peach didn't come through quite as much as I'd like so I'm thinking I might borrow a note from my streudel experiments and toss the dried peaches in a bowl with some peach schnapps, saran wrap it, and nuke it in the microwave. Or maybe figuring a way to mix some schnapps into the recipe and adjusting the other ingredients appropriately.

How long do you nuke 'em for? I am totally going to steal this idea!