Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

steam in the shower

You can even multitask and get rid of the gross post-flying post-travel feeling of dirtiness and clean yourself at the same time. It's foolproof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

That recipe has five cups of flour and only one cup of sugar, which is a pretty low ratio of sugar to flour. Sugar promotes browning, so with a low (for a cookie) amount of sugar and a bake time that's not terribly long, that would be my guess as to why they don't get too dark.

The baking powder is a leavening agent which creates bubbles of carbon dioxide that help the cookies rise. Otherwise, they'd bake up flat as a pancake.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

What are they missing?

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Sex Hobbit posted:

This week's efforts:

Good god drat. I know what I'm having this weekend.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Boywhiz88 posted:

EDIT: also, how do you handle baking w two sheets? Where do you place them?

Evenly-spaced racks (like if your oven has five rack positions, one on slot 2 and one on slot 4), and swap them as well as rotate them front-to-back halfway through the baking time.