Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sehkmet
Oct 22, 2004
All I want is a kind word, a warm bed, and UNLIMITED POWER.
Hi thread, I just made a cake and I saw that it was okay to post things that aren't cookies so...

Chocolate cake with dulce de leche Italian meringue buttercream and dark chocolate ganache. My first attempt at doing a drip-edge cake.

edit: here, so I'm still playing in the rules - I made these as a thank you to our garage mechanics when we bought a new car, and they checked all of our prospective cars for free and kept us from buying a piece of poo poo.

Sehkmet fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Mar 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sehkmet
Oct 22, 2004

Boywhiz88 posted:

Those are amazing! I took a cake decorating 101 class and I was awful. I mean, obviously I wasn’t a whiz prior but I didn’t expect to have such poor control etc. It also didn’t help that I have v warm hands so my buttercream was melting.

How did you get into decorating? How did you do those cookies??

Ugh, such beautiful creations! I’m jealous!

I have never taken a cake decorating class - I'm self taught, learning from YouTube and blogs and things like that. It's just something I find fun to do and strangely relaxing, although I struggle with trying to get my buttercream smooth, haha.

The cookies are just plain sugar cookie base, then I took a template I made out of paper and traced out the edges/logo in black icing, let it dry, then did the floods in yellow and green. It was only my second time flooding cookies too but I was super pleased with how they turned out.

Sehkmet
Oct 22, 2004
Toffee bits = Heath pieces if you've got them in your local supermarket. Could do something like this but substitute in toffee bits instead of chocolate chips, or do a mix of both? https://cookienameddesire.com/coffee-chocolate-chip-cookies/

Also it's not cookies but close: I stress-baked lemon cupcakes with whipped vanilla buttercream.