Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Eureka timberline 2. Fits wife and I plus scaredy-cat 60 lbs dog. Had it for years, don't take the best care of it but I love it and never had a problem.

Edit: they come at an awesome price as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
You can sleep on your side. The trick that's not often mentioned is to sleep at an angle instead of perfectly in line with the hammock.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
How do people in this thread stay warm in a hammock? Last few trips I've been too cold to sleep. I can't afford an under quilt, but would a normal foam sleeping pad help?

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
To save trees use webbing instead of ropes. Eno makes a decent setup. Check out the hammock forums, they have really good information for every level of hammock-er. Some popular companies are Dutch Ware, byer of Maine and grand trunk. You'll obviously get varying opinions but even the cheap parachute ones in Amazon are pretty decent and often rebranded bigger name stuff.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Have no idea if it would work, but since you have nothing to lose, could you use a seam sealer and just spray it down?

• Locked thread