Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

To possibly fix the rain fly scrub the fly with a bathroom type stiff brush to remove all of the flaking factory waterproofing. Then apply 3 light coats of 3m scotchgaurd making sure to dry between coats. It's worth a try before trashing the tent. Scotchgaurd outside I made that mistake of laying dropcloth inside in winter and waterproofing inside and almost ended up camping out on my front porch. I have used this method on some old army parkas in snow weather before I could afford my new snow gear. Plastic sheeting is cheep also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread