Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I live on the Southside of Chicago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I have yet to see a dead body, also I never saw a tornado while in the suburbs so I am all around disappointed

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
The violence is all based around control of drugs and the most violent places are located on shipping routes for the drug trade

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
ANd then you think, if you legalize drugs, what do these angry, disaffected youth with no hope and no prospects with loads of firearms do now that they have no way to make money and no reason to infight

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Snatch Duster posted:

He isnt. This happened to me when I was in Chicago on business.

Yah because the only reason white people get off there is to buy drugs so he was doing a vehicular stop and frisk

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Route 290 is known as the heroin highway and its literally set up where suburbanites get off an exit, and quickly buy drugs, and get right back on

The neighborhood straddling this area (austin) is one of the 2 worst in the city

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mummy Xzibit posted:

P.S. Shake Shack is the best restaurant in downtown.

Not even close, Shake shack is really bad and expensive

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
If it would've stayed 90 degrees the streets would be running in blood

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Its basically like if you gave a bunch of cashiers small caliber weapons to sort things out at work

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
The poors were taking up valuable real estate so you destroy the projects, and ship them all to the suburbs, it's really funny

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

naem posted:

The middle class has vanished and former middle class people have squeezed out the traditional working class in search of jobs and everyone is real angry and shooty about it

Naw, its drug money. True that is linked to the black community being pushed out of the middle class through their jobs being shipped overseas though

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

schmitty9800 posted:

all the illegal guns flow in from Mike Pences Indiana

Says who

Gun control in the city makes little difference when you can drive 20 minutes and buy them

Furthermore, if you make guns really hard to get, I'd wager you'd be seeing crates of fully automatic weapons making their way into the city

Gun control, morality, racial factors... these are all moot points when it comes to drug trafficking.

As long as there are millions and billions to make illegally the violence won't end. Unless the gangs solidify into larger groups and divide up territory in a truce.

But the last time the gangs stabilized the police chopped all the heads off and it degenerated into block by block fighting

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

TsarZiedonis posted:

I'm going to Chicago next month with my girlfriend and I'm looking for an Airbnb to rent for a few days before her corporate hotel room is open.

I know nothing about Chicago. Where can I stay that's cool and also which parts of the city are the horrible death zones?

What are you trying to do when visiting

Solice is right on, except Wicker Park is probably the best place to stay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Humboldt is already much better than it used to be 5 years ago even. Itll be neutered in 5 more years

• Locked thread