Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Rah! posted:

The funny thing about everyone freaking about crime in Chicago, is that its violent crime rate actually isn't particularly high for a US city. It's crime rate isn't low obviously, and it has some very bad neighborhoods (and a poo poo ton of nice ones), but a lot of cities have it worse. Chicago does have the most murders and shootings in terms of raw numbers though, due to the fact that NYC and LA have massively reduced their crime rates compared to past decades (so has chicago for the record, just not as much).

oh cool, the same exact same excuse everyone who lives in a third-world shithole gives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

other places are worse than karachi/johannesburg/juarez/chicago, stop freaking out about terrorists/robberies/kidnappings/murders you sissies :smug:

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Rah! posted:

I'm not saying it's fine, i'm saying that overall it's not as bad as a lot of people claim. But it still gets way more attention for crime that other US cities that have much worse crime rates.

Bro Dad posted:

oh cool, the same exact same excuse everyone who lives in a third-world shithole gives

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

The Sphinxster posted:

It turns out that there are choices that don't involve violent and racist cops. Like maybe if you start to look at why things the way they are.

It isn't whatever "reason" Bro Dad is dancing around.

wait, how am i part of this conversation

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Negrostrike posted:

Chicago's actually gotten worse than most of Brazil. How did you Americans manage to gently caress it up that bad?

they tore down the big projects and arrested all the big gang leaders so now its a constant battle between a bunch of tiny drug fiefdoms

actually pretty similar to brazil now that i think about it

• Locked thread