Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm moving to Baghdad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I bet most of those were over pot and :catdrugs:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Guns are illegal in Chicago.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Sicilian posted:

tldr on Chicago:

Breaking up the big gangs has led to splintered "blocks," or small scale street gangs that spring up on a specific street (e.g. 87th st. Satan's Disciples). the problem is, when the larger gangs were around the leadership was all about the money and reduced violence. If you hurt or killed an innocent you'd be dealt with internally.

Now the blocks are splintered and have social media beefs. A 92nd st. Satan's Disciple member could very well have beef with one on the aforementioned 87th st. The net result is exploding violence in the south ad west sides.

As a sidenote, the extreme lack of economic prospects in those neighborhoods has led to the residents coming north and robbing people in the downtown and northside. Cue scared white people.

Had a friend get killed under the red line at belmont (near wrigley field) for $15 and an iPhone. His murderer was out on bail for assault on a peace officer with a machete.

Some of that red line I ride from the north river hotel area to the Cubs is sketchy af. I'm white.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Sicilian posted:

Even worse, he's saying the gold coast, river north, old town, and lakeview. Please never leave your safe suburb, or highly guarded doorman building.

I usually stay at the Kinzie, sometimes Trump. But I have family with me and I look rich and weak. Where's a guy to stay before a cubs game man.? I take off my watch.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Meowbot posted:

I propsoe a rally all the goons who are big gay gently caress boys go to chicago and tell inner cit violence dont stop shooting over ice cream polay overwatch or do something useful with ur time and I might be the first one to say that Chicago has some thing most cities dont a lot of that many cities dont and thats people who dont like ktchup on their hot dog you know what I almost got ina fight over this but gently caress u iof you really feel that theres any way to eat a hot dog im a big god drat adult and ill drink chocolate dilk and eat hod gog with jketchup you cant tell me how to live tmy life windy city my rear end motherukcer

Not same

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mange Mite posted:

Whenever i think of chicago i think of that secret torture prison the police ran and how the head guy was this grizzled korean war vet who was an expert at electrocuting peoples balls and anuses with one of those hand cranked generators and an electric dildo and i thank god im not young abd black in chicago

Whatever happened to that totally not a place, place?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

ANd then you think, if you legalize drugs, what do these angry, disaffected youth with no hope and no prospects with loads of firearms do now that they have no way to make money and no reason to infight

march on the suburbs?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cnut the Great posted:

This was on the TV just now and is relevant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ox1Tore9nw

Too bad Elvis is an irredeemable racist piece of poo poo who appropriated and stole from black culture. If you watched that video you're part of the problem. gently caress you.

I love Elvis, no I don't

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'd vote to make guns free on the south side. 9 per household.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so is it just constant gang warfare? why don't the cops just take out the gangs? instead of doing corrupt poo poo and shooting random people.

Black lives take effort

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

WaryWarren posted:

a lot of the people displaced by the destruction of cabrini green, robert taylor, etc. have relocated to exotic locales such as dekalb. ghetto in the cornfields indeed.

Actually Iowa.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cephalectomy posted:

Chicagos lovely violence has spread a lot. I live down by Galesburg and with the recent uptick in chicago transplants there has been a massive uptick in violent crime and murders. Galesburg was never a great place, but it has gotten exponentially shittier in the past couple years. They constantly have to patrol the railroad station with dogs and geared up cops ready to rumble.

Iowa is seeing the same thing. Jastiger can attest to the imported chi town crime.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lime Tonics posted:

Cops in Chicago are bad shots.

Chicago police shootings: data reveals 92 deaths and 2,623 bullets fired

There were 435 officer-involved shootings in city from 2010 through 2015

Findings show about four out of every five people shot were black males

After threatening to sue the city’s police department, the Chicago Tribune has obtained official data tracking every time an officer has opened fire in the city over the past six years. The vast majority of those shot, the newspaper found, were black men or boys. According to the data, there were 435 police shootings in Chicago from 2010 through 2015, in which officers killed 92 people and wounded 170. In all, officers fired 2,623 bullets.

“While a few of those incidents captured widespread attention,” the paper wrote, “they occurred with such brutal regularity – and with scant information provided by police – that most have escaped public scrutiny.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/27/chicago-police-shootings-deaths-tracking-data

More of the same,

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/4-dead-16-wounded-in-chicago-weekend-shootings/

Labor day weekend is soon, stay safe.

Well who's committing all the crime?!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Solice Kirsk posted:

This has always been the case. Anywhere within a couple blocks of a red line stop (any red line stop) is going to have poor people mugging people/breaking in. Really the only solution is to just pave over entire southside except China Town and Canaryville and just make it a huge parking lot with bus access to take you downtown.

Is wriggley on the south side? Please don't pave that.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tumble posted:

I'm visiting Chicago in a month or two, does it have easy-to-find open air drug markets like S.F?

Sounds like the southern portion of town is where you want. Just drive around real slow and flash some cash out the window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Where is all this crime in the West side? Batavia? Northbrook.
Lol

Here's a pc answer https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_areas_in_Chicago

South side is full of parks and benches it seems

• Locked thread