Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
I like the chick with the rear end, peace!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Why would anyone not play tracer, you get to win every fight you pick and leave the ones you don't, its like playing scout but with more speed and escapes.

Seriously why even bother giving noobs a bunch of press q get kills abilities when you have characters that can clown over almost everyone else?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Why would anyone not play tracer, you get to win every fight you pick and leave the ones you don't, its like playing scout but with more speed and escapes.

yes, the most bitchmade character

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I only play as gay characters

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Sounds like my ex-wife! Hoo buddy.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ahundredbux posted:

I only play as gay characters

According to the community that's all of them, so you're in luck

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
TF2 has a bunch of alternate weapons that you have to grind for or make yourself with a stupid roulette crafting bullshit system, so you might have to play for a really long time just to get the moves you want to use

Overwatch lets you use every move and weapon in the game immediately

I guess just letting you play in a way you find fun without having to do chores first is casual bitchmode?????????

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Dreddout posted:

I like the chick with the rear end, peace!

Less nerd poo poo, more asses please

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

garfield hentai posted:

TF2 has a bunch of alternate weapons that you have to grind for or make yourself with a stupid roulette crafting bullshit system, so you might have to play for a really long time just to get the moves you want to use

I guess just letting you play in a way you find fun without having to do chores first is casual bitchmode?????????

They do it that way so that new players can get used to how classes work first without being assaulted with 20 alternate weapons right out of the gate, and also sites have existed since the trading system was introduced that allow you to 1:1 trade any weapon you don't want with any other weapon automatically. You get these items multiple times a day. so yea you're kind of a bitch lol

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I have to PLAY THE VIDEO GAME before I unlock new things?! This is unacceptable!! :qq:

Lord Humongus
Apr 10, 2009

ice ice baby :toot:

garfield hentai posted:

uhh except tf2 started this way lolllll

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

CJacobs posted:

I have to PLAY THE VIDEO GAME before I unlock new things?! This is unacceptable!! :qq:

hes right though.

CJacobs posted:

They do it that way so that new players can get used to how classes work first without being assaulted with 20 alternate weapons right out of the gate

lol gently caress off

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i have literal hundreds of weapons extra just sitting there in my backpack, if you're so hard up for a kritzkrieg i got you fam

i mean they just give you guns every few minutes lol it could not be any easier

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
this doesn't really look good but I bought doom at launch so I'm clearly a loving idiot.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

CJacobs posted:

They do it that way so that new players can get used to how classes work first without being assaulted with 20 alternate weapons right out of the gate, and also sites have existed since the trading system was introduced that allow you to 1:1 trade any weapon you don't want with any other weapon automatically. You get these items multiple times a day. so yea you're kind of a bitch lol

oh okay you don't have to do chores you just have to get trading fodder and go on some external web site and set up trades instead of just playing the game. this is better because it doesn't overwhelm you with too many weapons at once which is difficult and confusing and therefore super casual

Lord Humongus posted:

uhh except tf2 started this way lolllll

yes im comparing them now not comparing a new game to a 10 year old game with a small handful of titless classes

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
TF2 always had this accomplished sense of humor, like it's actually endearingly funny a lot of the time. It was always a case of like "we hope you like this?" And then valve really over delivering. With overwatch I get this sense of "...You're gonna LOVE this. (Smugface)" and it's just a worse TF2?

Like, they've done a series of "meet the..." videos fit the characters, except instead of being funny, they've tried to be emotionally manipulative instead. Like, the introduction for "Soldier 76" who is basically a 90s, deadpool level "COOL DUDEŠ" doesn't really feature him at all (because where's the shmaltz) so instead it's about some poor favela girl buying milk for her mum...

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I thought the game was going to be dumb garbage but I tried it during the open beta thing and it was fun well see you around

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
Is there anything more beta than playing a beta?

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Mange Mite posted:

Less nerd poo poo, more asses please

does it count as nerd poo poo if the rear end is from a videogame? someone please clarify this for me.

also i'll probably play this game in a year when it's f2p

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

!Klams posted:

TF2 always had this accomplished sense of humor, like it's actually endearingly funny a lot of the time. It was always a case of like "we hope you like this?" And then valve really over delivering. With overwatch I get this sense of "...You're gonna LOVE this. (Smugface)" and it's just a worse TF2?

Like, they've done a series of "meet the..." videos fit the characters, except instead of being funny, they've tried to be emotionally manipulative instead. Like, the introduction for "Soldier 76" who is basically a 90s, deadpool level "COOL DUDEŠ" doesn't really feature him at all (because where's the shmaltz) so instead it's about some poor favela girl buying milk for her mum...

yeah. tf2 nailed it because they somewhat understood strangelove/military industrial complex/cold war humor and focused on that and it ended up just sharp as a tack. I see overwatch screenshots and im like ok, there are western cowboys and a samurai and an angel and a wow dwarf, what the gently caress is your notion here

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

dethkon posted:

Is there anything more beta than playing a beta?

paying 60$ to play a beta.

are open betas even a thing that companies do anymore or did they all realize that morons will pay them for the privilege of testing their game?

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

wtf, I did not know that Soldier 76 is literally leftover ideas of Metzen's from the '90s

what the hell

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Pitdragon posted:

paying 60$ to play a beta.

are open betas even a thing that companies do anymore or did they all realize that morons will pay them for the privilege of testing their game?

it was an open beta

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Germstore posted:

it was an open beta

hmmm did not realize that. i think maybe using steam for everything has taken me out of the video game information loop

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Yeah I keep looking for this overwatch game on steam but I don't see it in there so I guess I'm not playing it. I guess it's a console game or something? :shrug:

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
I haven't been following this turd at all, am I correct when I assume it's specifically designed to minimize the advantage given by twitch shooter skills, and maximize the advantage given by watching streams to learn the meta or whatever?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Overwatch is in fact very good. Sorry.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

AugmentedVision posted:

I haven't been following this turd at all, am I correct when I assume it's specifically designed to minimize the advantage given by twitch shooter skills, and maximize the advantage given by watching streams to learn the meta or whatever?

when every class is OP, no class is truly OP

makes you think

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Otacon posted:

when every class is OP, no class is truly OP

makes you think

a game for the sjw liberal millenial cuck participation trophy generation

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

AugmentedVision posted:

If you are a twitch shooter there are characters for that style, but there are also characters that require basically no aim at all but can't headshot

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

signalnoise posted:

If you are a twitch shooter there are characters for that style, but there are also characters that require basically no aim at all but can't headshot

no thanks I will stick to games for chisel-jawed alphas with lightning fast reflexes such as the TRIBES FRANCHISE

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
it helps a whole lot to turn down your mouse resolution a bit i bet no overwatch players do this because theyre playing on macbooks or whatever which is why they made a trackpad shooter

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
*turns corner in tf2*

*sees enemy*

*does wild 1080 spin while spraying bullets because mouse sens is set to 72.6*

loving fast reflex asians! owned again!

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

It's high noon!

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
This game got boring real fast

Pretty fun if you have friends though

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Broken Cog posted:

This game got boring real fast

Pretty fun if you have friends though

don't

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Spy sappin' m' testicles!

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
I thought I disagreed with the "TF2 has good humor and stuff" posts until I realized I actually liked all the stuff they put out until I subscribed to r/tf2 (yeah yeah) and saw tons of lovely POOTUS SANDVICH

Also agreed that the TF2 aesthetic is unique and good as opposed to "wow ninjas and monkeys" but everyone knows Blizzard has a twelve year old boy's idea of what's cool

I'm not sure if it was the original Terran marine or Raynor concept art that looked like a middle school notebook scribble with way cool skulls and leather bits and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

garfield hentai posted:

I thought I disagreed with the "TF2 has good humor and stuff" posts until I realized I actually liked all the stuff they put out until I subscribed to r/tf2 (yeah yeah) and saw tons of lovely POOTUS SANDVICH

Also agreed that the TF2 aesthetic is unique and good as opposed to "wow ninjas and monkeys" but everyone knows Blizzard has a twelve year old boy's idea of what's cool

I'm not sure if it was the original Terran marine or Raynor concept art that looked like a middle school notebook scribble with way cool skulls and leather bits and stuff

You mean like this?

I actually miss that art style Blizzard used to use all the time.

• Locked thread