Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Leica, you are a cool dude in my book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Wash out evidence of dead hookers is cleaning the car?????? Yeah like Robot, that's not cleaning, thats removing evidence!

If I was playing serious, this is what my answers would have been...

1. Photos
2. One last thrash / burnout
3. Russia
4.1970's
5. Ayrton Senna
6. Gulf
7. Toyota WRC turbo cheat
8. Self Driving Cars
9. Mustang
10.Ford Taurus
11. Corvette
12. Mustang
13. Ralph Nader
14. LS1
15. Rotary
16.Maintenace nightmare engine bays
17. 2
18. Mooecow's truck

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Terrible Robot posted:

WTF I didn't say I cleaned a car before I get rid of it I just said I wiped it down for fingerprints. Cleaning implies that I give a poo poo about whoever I'm selling it to (I've never sold a car in my life) instead of just trying to avoid a chat with the cops. :v:

Oh, I guess I didn't save the extra comment I made for that answer; it's now fixed.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I answered for points, if I answered truthfully I would be with ShittyPostmakerPro and ionn.

*farts*

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I would like to clarify that when I take "useful" parts from a car, this may be anything from pinching a valve cap for one of the other cars, or as in the most recent case, cutting a three foot hole out the roof panel.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

InitialDave posted:

I would like to clarify that when I take "useful" parts from a car, this may be anything from pinching a valve cap for one of the other cars, or as in the most recent case, cutting a three foot hole out the roof panel.

Mine was specifically the owner's manual. I have an OCD thing about having one for each car I've owned.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Wow, I thought there would be more people for read the manual on #1. I like learning everything I can. Not that I didn't expect drive it / track day to be big answers of course.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

CharlesM posted:

Wow, I thought there would be more people for read the manual on #1. I like learning everything I can. Not that I didn't expect drive it / track day to be big answers of course.

Honestly reading the manual and cleaning it are the first things I do after buying a car but I don't consider a car "mine" until I've turned a wrench on it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Drive it? Such an obvious non AI answer, I'm disappointed in you all :colbert:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
How was burnouts not the #1 answer for #2?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I think Royal Nonesuch should be grouped with the other "final drive goodbye" folks on question 2.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

:lol: Check for spiders and infest with spiders

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Enourmo posted:

I think Royal Nonesuch should be grouped with the other "final drive goodbye" folks on question 2.

Fixed.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Man.. an ace on one I thought would be middle of the pack, followed by top answer. The first round says I'm going to be all over the map on this one!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Yeah, I aced that second one because I've never sold one of my vehicles in working condition, only scrapped them when I flogged them to death. :getin:

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Pfft, who sells their cars, I mean really.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Slung Blade posted:

Pfft, who sells their cars, I mean really.

not an emptyquote

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I just realized something, I've never really sold a car either. All but one of the vehicles I've had previously left on a flatbed to an insurance appraisal after a fire.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

ilkhan posted:

How was burnouts not the #1 answer for #2?

Considered it but I'm shocked nobody else said take a picture for the last time. Apparently I'm the only sentimental one here.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Considered it but I'm shocked nobody else said take a picture for the last time. Apparently I'm the only sentimental one here.

Some of us don't want anything hanging around that could be entered as Exhibit A in a court of law :ssh:

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
Starting off strong with a pair of aces! :getin:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Elmnt80 posted:

I just realized something, I've never really sold a car either. All but one of the vehicles I've had previously left on a flatbed to an insurance appraisal after a fire.

Three fires, one deer-related wreck, and two scrapped for me.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Liquid Communism posted:

Three fires, one deer-related wreck, and two scrapped for me.

The deer-totaled Envoy is the first one in... poo poo... 30+ cars that I didn't sell. And I hate selling cars.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

The Locator posted:

Man.. an ace on one I thought would be middle of the pack, followed by top answer. The first round says I'm going to be all over the map on this one!

Ditto. I knew "drive it"would be #1, but it's too boring, and I couldn't help poke fun at an old forums member. I'll bet 90% of the people here don't even get it there joke, I'm getting old.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

sharkytm posted:

Ditto. I knew "drive it"would be #1, but it's too boring, and I couldn't help poke fun at an old forums member. I'll bet 90% of the people here don't even get it there joke, I'm getting old.

I appreciated the syf0n reference, for sure.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

CharlesM posted:

I hardly ever get an owners' manual when I buy a used car. Maybe that's a red flag.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

sharkytm posted:

The proper joke would have been "Take pictures of the headlight of the car my mom just bought and act like it's mine".

"Clean all of the mold my brother left in the car" would also have been acceptable.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

MrChips posted:

Question 1: When I buy a new car (or new to me car), this is the first thing I do with it.

Wash/detail it - 8
Somewhat Heroic
ilkhan
InitialDave
Mat_Drinks
Elmnt80
meatpimp
KozmoNaut
The Royal Nonesuch

ACES:

Lay down a thick coat of Wax - TheFonz

Not to be a huge bitch(but I am) but I'll argue that waxing a car is washing/detailing it. You don't wax a dirty car. This is only for the first question, number two doesn't seem to fit with a group as well.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

TheFonz posted:

Not to be a huge bitch(but I am) but I'll argue that waxing a car is washing/detailing it. You don't wax a dirty car. This is only for the first question, number two doesn't seem to fit with a group as well.

I would agree with that.
(you're a huge bitch)

slidebite fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 14, 2016

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Owner's manuals are a nice little window into what kind of market that car was being sold for. I'm a huge fan of old advertising and technical materials so I like thumbing through that kind of stuff.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

slidebite posted:

I would agree with that.
(you're a huge bitch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ivt_N2Zcts

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Question 3: Based on what I've seen/heard, this country has by far the worst drivers in the world.

Question 4: In previous Sheep Games, we have asked and discussed at great length which decade had the best cars. This decade, however, had the worst cars by far.

Answers soon...

TheFonz posted:

It will be fixed, probably tomorrow sometime. Today's scores will not reflect the fix.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

From personal experience, there can only be one correct answer to #3, because holy poo poo I thought I was prepared for it and I totally wasn't :stare:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

KozmoNaut posted:

From personal experience, there can only be one correct answer to #3, because holy poo poo I thought I was prepared for it and I totally wasn't :stare:

Let's see... Paris? :v:

(All I know is you're somewhere in west Europe so it's a complete shot in the dark)

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

KozmoNaut posted:

That statement is true for all 3 countries in the teaser :haw:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Enourmo posted:

Let's see... Paris? :v:

(All I know is you're somewhere in west Europe so it's a complete shot in the dark)

Nope, Paris is nothing.

Well, I guess right now it's very bad, but not because of traffic.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Question 3: Based on what I've seen/heard, this country has by far the worst drivers in the world.

Russia - 21
SSJOnizuka
Liquid Communism
TheFonz
CornHolio
freelop
Cached Money
The Locator
some_admin
bolind
leica
ephphatha
InitialDave
Deeters
IOwnCalculus
SharkyTM
Somewhat Heroic
slidebite
CannonFodder
meatpimp
NitroSpazzz
The Royal Nonesuch

China - 8
Seat Safety Switch
Maksimus54
Bajaha
blindjoe
GrantC
Astrollinthepork
sadnessboner
Sigma X

India - 7
Slung Blade
literally a fish
Wrar
KozmoNaut
KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Elmnt80
Mat_Drinks

United States - 6
Naked Bear
cursedshitbox
Jeherrin
Motronic
ionn
SFH1989

ACES:

Any of the allied nations - Geirskogul
The one I'm in at the time - Enourmo
Italy - scuz
Tokelau - ShittyPostmakerPro
Venezuela - 1500quidporsche
Brazil - ilkhan
BUCKLAND, NEAR HOBBITON - Cat Terrist
Canada - CharlesM
North Carolina - Terrible Robot

Question 4: In previous Sheep Games, we have asked and discussed at great length which decade had the best cars. This decade, however, had the worst cars by far.

1970s - 25
Enourmo
literally a fish
CornHolio
Wrar
Bajaha
Cached Money
Liquid Communism
SSJOnizuka
GrantC
The Locator
Astrollinthepork
leica
KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Motronic
InitialDave
Deeters
IOwnCalculus
sadnessboner
SharkyTM
Somewhat Heroic
slidebite
Sigma X
meatpimp
Mat_Drinks
CannonFodder

1980s - 7
Maksimus54
TheFonz
some_admin
bolind
ilkhan
ionn
The Royal Nonesuch

1990s - 6
Jeherrin
Naked Bear
cursedshitbox
ephphatha
SFH1989
Elmnt80

1890s - 4
Slung Blade
KozmoNaut
CharlesM
Terrible Robot

2000s - 3
scuz
blindjoe
1500quidporsche

ACES:

1950s - Seat Safety Switch
1940s - Geirskogul
2050s - freelop
1870s - ShittyPostmakerPro
1810's, they had the SADDEST TITS - Cat Terrist
current - NitroSpazzz

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Scores after question 4:

Cached Money - 74
Deeters - 74
CannonFodder - 67
SSJOnizuka - 64
The Locator - 64
slidebite - 64
SharkyTM - 64
Wrar - 60
IOwnCalculus - 60
InitialDave - 59
Liquid Communism - 58
meatpimp - 58
Somewhat Heroic - 56
leica - 53
literally a fish - 52
CornHolio - 51
Bajaha - 48
Astrollinthepork - 48
sadnessboner - 48
some_admin - 46
Enourmo - 45
Motronic - 45
Mat_Drinks - 45
NitroSpazzz - 42
freelop - 41
GrantC - 41
The Royal Nonesuch - 41
SFH1989 - 40
KYOON GRIFFEY JR - 39
TheFonz - 38
Sigma X - 37
Maksimus54 - 34
ephphatha - 32
bolind - 30
Seat Safety Switch - 27
Elmnt80 - 26
blindjoe - 25
CharlesM - 24
KozmoNaut - 21
ilkhan - 20
ionn - 18
Slung Blade - 16
cursedshitbox - 14
Naked Bear - 14
Jeherrin - 14
Terrible Robot - 12
1500quidporsche - 10
scuz - 7
ShittyPostmakerPro - 7
Cat Terrist - 7
Geirskogul - 4

See you tomorrow for the reveal of Questions 5 and 6!

MrChips fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jun 15, 2016

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Alright so I am going to break my usual editorial stance and say that I totally disagree that the 70s sucked for cars; sure, if you were a fan of American cars yes, but if you look to Japan and Europe, it was a golden age. I mean, the 70s saw the Porsche 930 and 928, the BMW 2002 Turbo and the birth of the 3-, 5-, 6- and 7-Series as well as the M1, the OG VW Golf, the Renault 5, the Lancia Stratos, the Lamborghini Countach, the Ferrari 512 BB, the Z-car, the RX-7, the Honda Civic and Accord as well as the Toyota Celica.

I'm with Geirskogul...the 1940s were the worst decade for cars. No production in the first half of the decade for obvious reasons, and when production resumed after the war, it was with almost exclusively pre-war designs. It wasn't until the end of the 1940s that actually new cars started to come off the production lines.

MrChips fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jun 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

MrChips posted:

Alright so I am going to break my usual editorial stance and say that I totally disagree that the 70s sucked for cars; sure, if you were a fan of American cars yes, but if you look to Japan and Europe, it was a golden age. I mean, the 70s saw the Porsche 930 and 928, the BMW 2002 Turbo and the birth of the 3-, 5-, 6- and 7-Series as well as the M1, the OG VW Golf, the Renault 5, the Lancia Stratos, the Lamborghini Countach, the Ferrari 512 BB, the Z-car, the RX-7, the Honda Civic and Accord as well as the Toyota Celica.

I'm with Geirskogul...the 1940s were the worst decade for cars. No production in the first half of the decade for obvious reasons, and when production resumed after the war, it was with almost exclusively pre-war designs. It wasn't until the end of the 1940s that actually new cars started to come off the production lines.

100% agreed, and I nearly answered the 40s as well because it makes sense for all the reasons listed. I chose 1890s for shigs, didn't expect it to be as popular an answer as it was.

• Locked thread