Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Answers sent, at the last second and at great personal cost as usual :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
WTF I didn't say I cleaned a car before I get rid of it I just said I wiped it down for fingerprints. Cleaning implies that I give a poo poo about whoever I'm selling it to (I've never sold a car in my life) instead of just trying to avoid a chat with the cops. :v:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

CharlesM posted:

Wow, I thought there would be more people for read the manual on #1. I like learning everything I can. Not that I didn't expect drive it / track day to be big answers of course.

Honestly reading the manual and cleaning it are the first things I do after buying a car but I don't consider a car "mine" until I've turned a wrench on it.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Slung Blade posted:

Pfft, who sells their cars, I mean really.

not an emptyquote

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Considered it but I'm shocked nobody else said take a picture for the last time. Apparently I'm the only sentimental one here.

Some of us don't want anything hanging around that could be entered as Exhibit A in a court of law :ssh:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

MrChips posted:

Alright so I am going to break my usual editorial stance and say that I totally disagree that the 70s sucked for cars; sure, if you were a fan of American cars yes, but if you look to Japan and Europe, it was a golden age. I mean, the 70s saw the Porsche 930 and 928, the BMW 2002 Turbo and the birth of the 3-, 5-, 6- and 7-Series as well as the M1, the OG VW Golf, the Renault 5, the Lancia Stratos, the Lamborghini Countach, the Ferrari 512 BB, the Z-car, the RX-7, the Honda Civic and Accord as well as the Toyota Celica.

I'm with Geirskogul...the 1940s were the worst decade for cars. No production in the first half of the decade for obvious reasons, and when production resumed after the war, it was with almost exclusively pre-war designs. It wasn't until the end of the 1940s that actually new cars started to come off the production lines.

100% agreed, and I nearly answered the 40s as well because it makes sense for all the reasons listed. I chose 1890s for shigs, didn't expect it to be as popular an answer as it was.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I thought I'd actually put down the J-body/Cavalier but I went for it's stablemate, the W-body. Which is really unfair; in all honesty the W-body had some pretty decent cars. I was just blinded by my hatred for the Lumina I owned.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Anyone who thinks the Cavalier is irredeemable needs to see this wagon:

http://whatmonstersdo.com/blogs/wmd/18186263-car-feature-joshs-1991-turbo-cavalier-rs-wagon

Fact: There is no generation of the Sebring that is a wagon.

gently caress, I forgot about the J-body wagon.

The Sebring and its ilk are undoubtedly the worst cars.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Geirskogul posted:

Lifehack: get super wasted before answering any and all test or survey questions.

This has literally been my technique for every Sheep game and it has served me well.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
argh so close to a Bottom 5 finish, and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to ace the next question.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
for the record, I only put the Rotary down for #15 because I'd also put it down for #14 and it was funny to me at the time. The real worst engine ever is the 3100.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Thanks for running another great game of Sheep MrChips! :D

I seem to have been just barely ousted from the bottom 5 by CSB, although it was a narrow thing. Next time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Fuckin graphs n' poo poo daaaaaamn :pcgaming:

• Locked thread