Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
I'll play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
I am a real person, thank you very much

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

suicide4sexbots posted:

So that was quick and i got some free bread, but its not rye its five grain but it does make one think about how far hes come in this game so far

Welp im driving home so dont post or anything

Nobody tells me what to do!

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

Hal Incandenza posted:

This seems backwards

No, if it were backwards it'd be this:

Truth Quark posted:

.tniop siht ta nwot demrifnoc hcum ytterp s'eh os sis-lana esahp ekoj ssensuoicnoc fo maerts suoires otni pmuj yletaidemmi t'ndid esondiuQ

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
A flock of homeless people probably improves your property values.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

CapitalistPig posted:

in so I can annoy Jedit
But the piggie hasn't done any annoying. Someone who doesn't follow through on their word is obviously scum.

##vote CapitalistPig

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

suicide4sexbots posted:

This might be a good fight, but I'd like to hear Hal's opinion first.

I'm putting a lot of faith in you right now, Hal. You can cash that faith in later for big dividends if you play your cards right. :d: :c: :h: :s:

Why put faith in anyone at this point?

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

Jedit posted:

I'm in the UK. You were all talking poo poo at 2am my time and I've been at work since this morning.

American time is the best time.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
Some thoughts:

S4SB:
Seems scummy to me. The two posts below are I think the most egregious:

suicide4sexbots posted:

I'm gonna give everyone a pass who has voted so far, because after the fiasco of last night, and what I had to suffer at the hands of Target Loss Prevention, I think everything prior to this morning should be taken with big, fat, slug-melting grains of salt. That's not to say I'm salty... I'm not. Except with AR who I feel (personally) has not done enough drinking today.

The people I suspect are the ones who haven't voted. Trying to ride out the day so that they can get the EZ night kills. Yep. Anyone know off hand who that would be, or how I can discover that besides sifting through some very painful posts?

suicide4sexbots posted:

ok but there better be drank

AR is so invited. If he's not scum.

Podima did jump down my throat in patriarchal fashion earlier for looking at someone funny. What's next, daddy? Fitting for a purity ring?

Also daddog, TQ is right, this does look pretty odd. Who would ever post seriously in jokephase? I know that and it's my first game!

Giving Jedit time to finish tea. ##unvote

##vote Podima

The first post looks like classic D1 scum trying to lynch a lurker, because there's no controversy in lynching someone who hasn't posted. The second one looks like bandwagoning. Either way, seems fishy. But if this is really their first game, I'm not so sure if the bandwagoning is egregious.

Poidma:

Podima posted:

I'm really confused about what you're referencing here, since he never did that - can you provide a quote?

I'm talking about the three separate times I have now called out behavior that I recognize as scummy from TQ (I use 'toaster'/'Cylon' because he and I know each other from the BSG-playing group of goons) from previous games:

TQ has not once seriously responded to any of these other than attempted brushoffs or ignoring me, which I find even worse.

~~~

Also Quid, I'm kind of confused how you missed those if you presumably went back and checked, since all you found was the one time I mentioned your name in relation to his. Seems self-conscious?

This post is terrible. Metagaming is terrible and you shouldn't do it and definitely shouldn't be using it publicly as a reason to accuse someone of being scummy.

Everyone else:

Meh.

All in all, I'm gonna go with my gut.

##unvote
##vote suicide4sexbots

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

suicide4sexbots posted:

Does someone have to be a vote leader for it to count as a bandwagon to vote them? idk

AFAIK I'm like second place at this point.

The other vote for you was on page 2. It's not bandwagoning if only one person is making the case.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

CapitalistPig posted:

All hail flerp

##vote exact

What is this?

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
I don't get the case against EXAKT.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
I would like to know too, as I still don't see why we should lynch EXAKT.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

Quidnose posted:

Why Li Dawny Is Scum, A Case Study

First actual commentary on game we get from Dawny:

Hella self conscious out of nowhere. Scum care about how they look. I know he's a newbie but he's proclaiming to be in a ton of games and doing well in them so I would argue this is a newbie scum error.

Here Dawny is both excusing himself from scumhunting and forming his own opinions while simultaneously:

1. waffling on the voteleaders, saying potentially the cases aren't real - good to point back to after a misdunk
2. Also waffling on EXAKT's alignment - "I mean, I don't see a case, but he could be bad, just, you know, probably not."

Excuses himself from scumhunting again because "D1 is worthless guys!" This has hardly been a worthless D1.

Once again, this is a REALLY bad & non-play based reason to vote for someone, and isn't actually playbased. He doesn't say he's voting for TQ because he thinks he's misrepresenting Podima on purpose for an easy opinion, just that he...doesn't like his gut feel? This is not a town motivated vote at all.

Again, he is me-tooing the case on TQ based completely on what someone else said and without adding any of his own commentary or analysis - it doesn't even connect with what he said before, at all.

LAMIST.

Willful ignorance in trying to pick apart a legitimate argument.

Excusing himself from scumhunting once again as well as pointing out how awesome his town reads are.

BUT THE TRULY DAMNING POST COMBO IS....................................................................................

This is a good post. I'd be okay with voting for lil Dawny.

Truth Quark posted:

When I first saw the case against Exakt I just kinda accepted it at face value, so I'm typing my thought process out here in the hopes it will help me and others understand the case.

The argument, as I see it, is: scum and PRs get PMs, so the fact ES is pointing out that scum get PMs FIRST must mean he got one as well (since it was on his mind). This is somewhat weak, but as D1 cases go its not the worst I've ever seen. The only thing that really lends it credence is the follow up post:

The obvious defense is "I didn't get a PM that doesn't mean I wasn't thinking about PMs you DUMMT." Instead we get the above, which reinforces that ES is in fact either scum or a PR.

The most damning thing in my opinion is the fact that we have pages and pages discussing both ES' "scum slip" and a bunch of other events, but when ES finally comes back to the thread all he sees fit to do is snipe some guys "bad post" and make a couple more poo poo posts then disappear again.

Since he is no longer the vote leader I am comfortable with ##vote Exakt

The case against EXAKT just seems really weak to me. It's just as likely EXAKT is a PR as scum, in that case. If it came down to the wire I'd want to hear a claim before lynching.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

Truth Quark posted:

I'd love to kill all the poo poo posters but I'd rather kill someone whose flip is actually tied to opinions that have been offered and argued about this game.

Agreed.

Truth Quark posted:

Also I've read Exakt's post history like three times does anyone else know what the gently caress this supposed claim is

Power Role and also masons with me are the two I saw.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

Li Dawny posted:

See, this proves that you're not reading my posts. If you read it, or the second post that I did saying the same thing, you'd understand that the reason I didn't want ERNIE starting the lynch train on me is because I feel like HE is town and I didn't want three town down at the end of day two. Quid I have some deep suspicions about so I don't mind being lynched at his insistence because it would lead to a scum lynch tomorrow.

That makes absolutely no sense. If you think Quidnose is scum, why not make a case against them?

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

Ernie. posted:

:jerkbag:

i hope you get over your teenage angst soon. we're all rooting for you, friend.

not all thoughts need to be fully well-formed and well-reasoned. townies generally get paranoid about votes that pile on. :shrug:

I get paranoid about thoughts that DON'T appear to be well-reasoned. Why would you do that? Either you're dumb, or you're scum.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

Absurd Revolver posted:

jedit i have a feeling you're the kind of person who takes mafia "seriously"

the kind who looks at filthy shitposters like me with a grimace, knowing we are corrupting your pure and logical game

Is that a bad thing?

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

suicide4sexbots posted:

None of the votes are REAL

We've been sucked into a vacuum of slapfighting, clawing at each others eyes as we're all funneled down the drain of failure.

Votefinder stares down the abyss with all the stoicism of time itself.

One hour remains. Have you all ever tried to mix rum with Tang? You kinda have to blitz down a few so the self-loathing quickly fades into the background hum of a heady buzz.

No one has built a case worth two flipping fucks.

It's day one, what do you expect? Plenty of players have been offering substance, and plenty more have offered hot garbage in terms of post content/quality. I think we should decide, at the very least, whether we want to lynch someone for low effort or not, as there are several people who haven't really been contributing. Personally I'm ambivalent on that.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
I don't want to lynch without hearing a claim.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

EXAKT Science posted:

yeah kill the cop day 1 good job

Case in point.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
##unvote

##vote Li Dawny

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

Absurd Revolver posted:

Scum knows were not going to lynch Li and are trying to force a no lynch.

Don't be loving stupid, vote EXAKT.

I don't even know what to make of it

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Absurd Revolver (6): Absurd Revolver, Absurd Revolver, Absurd Revolver, Li Dawny, Absurd Revolver, suicide4sexbots, suicide4sexbots, Li Dawny, Hal Incandenza, Jedit, Jedit, Quidnose, Podima, Podima, Quidnose, Quidnose, Ernie., Truth Quark, EXAKT Science, flerp
EXAKT Science (4): GulagDolls, flerp, Absurd Revolver, flerp, flerp, Absurd Revolver, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, CapitalistPig, Absurd Revolver, suicide4sexbots, flerp, CapitalistPig, Absurd Revolver, Truth Quark, suicide4sexbots, Podima, Absurd Revolver, suicide4sexbots, Quidnose, Truth Quark, Li Dawny, Quidnose, suicide4sexbots, GulagDolls
Truth Quark (3): Podima, Absurd Revolver, Absurd Revolver, Podima, Podima, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Podima, Li Dawny, flerp, CapitalistPig, Podima, Absurd Revolver, Jedit, Quidnose, Quidnose, Podima, Absurd Revolver, Absurd Revolver, Absurd Revolver, Li Dawny, EXAKT Science, GulagDolls, EXAKT Science, flerp
Li Dawny (2): EXAKT Science, Ernie., Quidnose, Ernie., Quidnose, Quidnose, Truth Quark, suicide4sexbots, Rye, EXAKT Science, Quidnose, Truth Quark
Podima (0): Truth Quark, Truth Quark, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, suicide4sexbots, suicide4sexbots, Truth Quark, suicide4sexbots, Quidnose, suicide4sexbots, Truth Quark, Quidnose
Quidnose (0): Hal Incandenza, Podima, Quidnose, Podima, Quidnose, Hal Incandenza
suicide4sexbots (0): Hal Incandenza, Murmur Twin, Podima, suicide4sexbots, EXAKT Science, Absurd Revolver, Podima, Absurd Revolver, suicide4sexbots, suicide4sexbots, EXAKT Science, Hal Incandenza, suicide4sexbots, Rye, Absurd Revolver, Murmur Twin, Absurd Revolver, Rye
CapitalistPig (0): Rye, Rye
Ernie. (0): suicide4sexbots, suicide4sexbots
GulagDolls (0): Truth Quark, Truth Quark
Jedit (0): CapitalistPig, suicide4sexbots, suicide4sexbots, CapitalistPig
Rye (0): flerp, flerp, suicide4sexbots, flerp, suicide4sexbots, flerp
flerp (0): EXAKT Science, Ernie., EXAKT Science, Ernie.
Murmur Twin (0): Ernie., Absurd Revolver, Absurd Revolver, Ernie.

Not Voting (0):

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 26th, 2016 at 8:38 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 3 minutes.

##unvote

##vote AR

Anything is better than a nolynch

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
Sometime in the next few hours I'm going to go back and reread the end of D1.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

Podima posted:

You never actually did this and instead vanished.

Sorry, I was dealing with some stuff that came up in the middle of writing the post. Here's what I had before all that came up; with what happened yesterday, I'm not sure if I'm going to continue with it.

I’m going to write out my thoughts on every living player as I drink whiskey sours.

CapitalistPig

None of their posts are longer than two lines. I called them out randomly during the day, and their reaction:

CapitalistPig posted:

I was playing overwatch

##vote Jedit

was an excuse for not playing (videogames are not a good excuse) and a vote for Jedit, probably as a joke.

They keeps making joke posts (I’m not going to copy them all here), although a handful of them are (true to their word) just one-line responses to what appear to be real Jedit posts. Their only real accusation on day one was calling out TQ for a post he thought was scummy.

CapitalistPig posted:

I believe in you flerp.

##vote TQ

Here they vote for TQ, but only AFTER flerp does. This is a pretty bad vote in my opinion, and it seems suspect.

CapitalistPig posted:

I believe in li dawny and think quidnose is being dumb and bad.

Some more opinions, without any sort of justification given.

Verdict: Scummy

EXAKT Science

They claimed cop, and there’s no counter-claim. I’m not gonna bother with this one.

Verdict: Town

flerp
Confirmed Serial Killer.

flerp posted:

wtf why are you forcing exakt to full claim thats super scum yo

i mean i understand the sentiment of not wanting to kill a PR early but by saying "please full claim" you give the oppurtunity for scum to basically force one of our PRs to reveal themselves if exakt fake claims which is stupid and dumb. like i dont rly understand why youd do that.

also

wtf????????

I think this is a good post, but I’m not sure if it justifies the case on EXAKT Science that flerp pushed for so hard.

flerp posted:

yeah tq is a much better lynch than exakt u right

##vote quark

This vote for Truth Quark came after a massive effortpost by Podima. I’m not sure how I feel about it. There’s nothing else of note in their post history, though.

Verdict: Mistrial

Hal Incandenza

Has not posted anything of substance. But they were on the AR train a day before anyone else, really.

Verdict: Lurker

Jedit

Jedit posted:

I'd rather vote for one of the people who put you to -2 in the space of minutes last night. I'd wager someone was trying to turbo you in joke phase then laugh it off with a "Whoops, guess we got carried away!" when you flip Town.

This post is off-putting. I can’t quite decide why. I don’t really buy the “scum try to turbo in joke phase” argument, and I can’t really understand why Jedit would want to use that as a reason to focus on one of them. Artificially narrowing down the pool of People To Be Lynched is pretty scummy.

Jedit posted:

Explain? Podima's the one who jumped off S4S and stopped a potential turbo. Of all the people on that bum rush EXAKT and AR are much better candidates for pushing it to -2, maybe Hal and Murmur if you think they were brazen enough to simulvote and pass it off as a shared joke. Podima's the last person in that group that I'd vote for right now, joke phase vote shotgun or not.

These all seem like reasons to vote… four or five people? Bolsters my point above. If it’s bad behavior, they can’t ALL be scum- so among them there are certainly townies engaging in the same behavior. At that point is it still scummy? I think not.

Jedit posted:

I concur on the other two points, but I'm not about to vote someone for calling you Carmen Sandiego.

One thing bugging me about the S4S bandwagon is S4S's self-vote. I would expect a newbie Town player getting dogpiled to get nervous, not to dive on himself. Even in joke phase it feels too confident a move for an inexperienced player who doesn't know where the scum are.

I like this read on S4SB’s self-vote.

Jedit posted:

Oh gently caress off. If you don't want to play, don't loving play. I'm tired of you pissing and moaning about not getting a role you like in every loving game, making yourself useless or worse. Get hosed.

##vote Absurd Revolver

:stare:

Now, to address this:

Podima posted:

- Rye: Made a HARD DEFENSE of Exakt on Day 1, starting from here (read their post history): http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3777358&userid=165457#post460333305

I re-read my own post history, and I don't feel like I was defending EXAKT. I really just didn't understand the point of pushing to lynch him so hard, especially with the possibility we'd lose a power role day one.

I'm going to re-read the last 4 pages of posts that have happened since I wrote the above.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
Also note that all of the above conclusions were drawn before Podima claimed cop. I'm sure a lot of what I wrote is misguided now, but I think it's probably better to have it out there than to throw it away.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

Podima posted:

I never like this type of post, it's a great way to LOOK like you're contributing while not actually saying much. For example I note that you glazed over Hal as a lurker, who is my other high-up scum pick besides you. Also 'oh I cased part of the game and got tired/bored/whatever' is a classic scum excuse.
Okay. Your case against Hal is that he "ignored EXAKT and made one scummy post". My case against HAL (before you claimed cop) was just that he ignored everything, which is the same as your case, minus that pertinent piece of information. You're looking at everything through the lens of the EXAKT debacle. I didn't have that information when reading his post history yesterday. If you're saying that having things to deal with in real life is scummy, then call me the Cosa Nostra.

Podima posted:

Really? How about these - saying it once or twice I could believe, but three separate times you talk down the cases on EXAKT. (And a fourth one I didn't quote where you question flerp's vote on EXAKT)
People were pushing for the case just as hard, mostly without evidence. The argument was that he was either a power role or scum- why the hell would we lynch someone who soft-claimed a power role? Especially in the absence of any other votes.

Podima posted:

Also check out the timing on these:
9:12 PM EDT

9:19 PM EDT

ALSO 9:19 PM EDT!

That seems disturbingly well coordinated to me, like you were setting it up for EXAKT.

You're right, the timestamps look suspicious. It was near the deadline, and I was paying a lot of attention to the thread.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

flerp posted:

i mean i understand the sentiment of not wanting to kill a PR early but by saying "please full claim" you give the oppurtunity for scum to basically force one of our PRs to reveal themselves if exakt fake claims which is stupid and dumb. like i dont rly understand why youd do that.

also

wtf????????

This post from flerp, in hindsight, was 100% accurate.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
The Case Against suicide4sexbots

suicide4sexbots posted:

Id say thats probably a good call. Id even suspect myselfnafter that, infact i do. ##vote suicide4sexbots

This was a strange self-vote, coming from someone who is supposedly playing their first game. But it’s during the joke-vote phase.

suicide4sexbots posted:

What I'm saying is I've got no idea what I'm doing and I'm stalling/flailing pitifully?

Im going back to reread all of this crap for clues so don't post please or you're gonna be charged with hampering in the highest degree.

This seems dishonest to me. Why else would you admit that?

suicide4sexbots posted:

Hey guys im shopping at Target for bread because im #cheapasfuck (not a day action) and i was rhinking about AR's feelings as i passed the five grain.

Then i laughed :j:

This sticks out like a red flag. There are no day actions in this game. This is (according to votefinder) S4SB’s first game at SA. S4SB, have you been reading a lot of mafia game threads before this or something?

suicide4sexbots posted:

shut up dawg. didn't i play a game with you already or something?

##vote Podima

Again, votefinder says this is S4SB’s first game.

suicide4sexbots posted:

I'm gonna give everyone a pass who has voted so far, because after the fiasco of last night, and what I had to suffer at the hands of Target Loss Prevention, I think everything prior to this morning should be taken with big, fat, slug-melting grains of salt. That's not to say I'm salty... I'm not. Except with AR who I feel (personally) has not done enough drinking today.

The people I suspect are the ones who haven't voted. Trying to ride out the day so that they can get the EZ night kills. Yep. Anyone know off hand who that would be, or how I can discover that besides sifting through some very painful posts?

Underline mine. S4SB has claimed, in this thread, to have played mafia before with Podima. According to votefinder, they haven’t played at SA before. They didn’t know how to look through individuals’ post histories, which (in my experience) is really one of the first things you have to learn to do playing mafia here. It just doesn’t add up. Also, the case he makes in this post is the easy day one lurker lynch case, which takes no brains, no effort, and no actual desire to lynch scum.

suicide4sexbots posted:

ok but there better be drank

AR is so invited. If he's not scum.

Podima did jump down my throat in patriarchal fashion earlier for looking at someone funny. What's next, daddy? Fitting for a purity ring?

Also daddog, TQ is right, this does look pretty odd. Who would ever post seriously in jokephase? I know that and it's my first game!

Giving Jedit time to finish tea. ##unvote

##vote Podima

Here again it’s S4SB’s first game. I think this is a pretty weak case on Podima, and it’s a bandwagon on Truth Quark’s vote a few posts before it (which is itself a poorly argued case). Very suspicious.

suicide4sexbots posted:

I think I gave a reasonable rationale for voting Podima. As reasonable as can be made this early, I guess.

Nothing to say except this is patently false, the case was terrible and it was a bandwagon.

Jedit makes the following post:

Jedit posted:

The case on Podima seems to mainly revolve around her voting with a shotgun during joke phase. It's pretty flimsy, to say the least.

The case on exakt is that he jumped on a rapidly forming turbo to push S4S to -3, which is bad. Also he pretty much let slip that he received a role PM. Now I don't by any means think he's stupid enough to come right out and imply that he's scum like some do, but in light of his vote on S4S he's definitely a better candidate than Podima.

Then later on the same page:

flerp posted:

also

wtf????????

Followed shortly by this post:

Podima posted:

For reference, notes on S4S during the early rush:
8:41 Hal (-7)
8:42 MMT (-6)
8:43 Podima (-5)
8:44 S4S selfvote (-4)
8:45 EXAKT/AR (-3/-2)
8:46 Podima unvote (-3)
8:49 S4S unvote (-4)

Out of those I agree with whoever it was that said the EXAKT/AR votes are most suspicious for taking S4S to -3/-2. Unfortunately them hitting at the same time does actually muddy the waters a bit, since both of them could easily claim they didn't realize the other was same-time voting.

Finally, we get this post:

suicide4sexbots posted:

Who has just graced us with an appearance, and a legit rebuttal. I still suspect them, but okay. I get the case for exakt now. Thanks, daddy.

##unvote

##vote EXAKT Science

I presume this is talking about Podima’s post above. I wouldn’t think the vote itself to be scummy or not, with people making cases and flying around. But S4SB just… votes. They say they agree with “the case” (which aspects of it? why?), and that’s it. This is a bad post.

suicide4sexbots posted:

Ouch on the car bill :stonk:

What I meant by my post was that I hadn't understood how Exact was suspicious with his voting until you made it clear. Chalk it up to a newbie oversight, I guess?

D1 has gotten way more complex than I thought it would! :downs:

Here they are playing the newbie card again. Newbie is an excuse for bad; I don’t think it’s an excuse for not giving any sort of justification for a vote, and this doesn’t really clear that up.

suicide4sexbots posted:

great tryhards.

exakt's case is something, but it could be written off altogether as jokephase tomfoolery. in the end, it's not really a solid case right now. ##unvote

li dawny you do have a faithful crew with you. tell them to go eat hot gently caress and i'll be a lot less suspicious of that. aside from that, what's the point of threatening someone for suggesting they'll vote you? just don't.

TQ you are being might ambivalent about votes, but it is D1 so i guess that's not as damning

AR... :cheers:

If you’ll allow for their post before this being at the same time as Podima’s last post, this is S4SB’s next post after Podima unvotes. It seems as if they’re not actually doing any independent thought, but just bandwagoning onto whatever Podima does. I don’t really get how Lil Dawny telling his “crew” to “go eat hot gently caress” would make him less suspicious, either.

suicide4sexbots posted:

None of the votes are REAL

We've been sucked into a vacuum of slapfighting, clawing at each others eyes as we're all funneled down the drain of failure.

Votefinder stares down the abyss with all the stoicism of time itself.

One hour remains. Have you all ever tried to mix rum with Tang? You kinda have to blitz down a few so the self-loathing quickly fades into the background hum of a heady buzz.

No one has built a case worth two flipping fucks.

This is a bad post. Almost entirely joking, except for that very telling last line. Earlier they were saying that they understood the case against EXAKT. Why don’t they think it’s worth anything anymore?

suicide4sexbots posted:

hmm bones.

aww i can't be the only one not voting in my first game... GUT CHECK TIME WOOO

##vote Exakt

This looks really bad in light of all of the above.

suicide4sexbots posted:

Wow so many posts... can't really take a night off with this game lol

Is scum really playing a good game here, or is it always this hard D2? I really can't think of anyone more suspicious than LD right now. I like her but... ##vote Li Dawny

This is also a bad post. No justification, and no comment on anything that’s happened.

suicide4sexbots posted:

nfyd omg dad fine

here's what i've managed to rake together so far today in my admittedly impaired brain

scum list

li dawny: gets emotional when accused. quick to vote out AR. acts funny as hell D2. my vote was already on her when hammer dropped.

exakt: was a strong suspect D1 for blurting scummy stuff and being MIA. then claimed cop and i believed them. not so sure anymore.

quid: by proxy of relentlessly defending exakt. sort of an IF; THEN case.

capitalistpig: just suspicion based on lack of meaningful posts, or any posts at all

hal: same as pig

sk?

flerg: probably sk. likes to push kills through. start fires. strange desire to keep LD alive. more scum = more kills = less targets?

We see the first signs of independent thought, and most of these are argued pretty poorly (if at all).

suicide4sexbots posted:

Waiting for a response from EXAKT before I make a decision between those two

I don’t get why S4SB is so hesitant to put an opinion down, unless they don’t want to be held to it later.

All in all, there are a number of pretty glaring inconsistencies in the way S4SB has been playing. Between all the aberrant non-newbie mannerisms (where’d they pick up the day action thing?), the bandwagoning with Podima yesterday multiple times with little in the way of justification, and the constant content-free posts, I am fairly confident S4SB is scum.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
Also, just to have it on the record: I accept that it's possible Podima is scum and EXAKT is the real cop. But I've seen no indication from EXAKT's posting (or lack thereof) over the course of the game that they are planning on actively contributing to the town day conversation. That's scummy behavior. Conversely, Podima has been an active part of the conversation the entire game. That's townie behavior, and while I think his reads on the scum are wrong bad reads aren't inherently scummy. I'd be willing to lynch EXAKT over Podima, if we lynch cops today. I'm not voting right now, as I'll be around at deadline.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

suicide4sexbots posted:

:allears:

You're right I should stop agreeing with people making sense.

:agreed:

This is exactly the thing I'm talking about- if you're scum, just saying "I agree" is an easy way to deflect responsibility when something bad for the town happens. Taking responsibility for ideas you support is a town-tell.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

Podima posted:

Ok great cool. I attempted to cop MMT and was roleblocked last night.

9 people left means:
6 Town (1 Cop, 5 VT)
2 Scum (1 Godfather, 1 Roleblocker)
1 SK that can be either BP or Investigation Immune.

If we lynch town today then we'll be at 3 Town/2 Scum/1 SK tomorrow in the worst case scenario. Vote with care please.

You investigated Ernie the night before, right? So we have nothing to go off of.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
Sorry I've been absent. There's no good excuse for that. I've had a lot to catch up on, but here's where I stand right now on everybody:

CapitalistPig
The only posts they have made over the course of the game longer than two lines were their vote for EXAKT Science and their excuse for not being present (a LAN party). This is their 214th game, including other current games, according to vote finder. This level of detail I can only attribute to willful bad posting. Why would someone want to willfully be that useless? One of my top scum picks for today.

Hal Incandenza
Hal hasn't made any posts longer than two lines. This is Hal's 373rd game. For the same reasons as CPig, a top scum pick.

Jedit
Jedit reads like an honest townie trying to scum hunt. I can't point to any specific post that really drives home this point for me. It's really just the totality of their posting that gives me that impression. I don't think I would be comfortable with a Jedit lynch today, or ever (unless something new comes up).

Li Dawny

Li Dawny posted:

Honestly, I don't believe EXAKT for a second. If I'm understanding game mechanics correctly, sk isn't a faction. Meaning a doctor wouldn't have been able to save him from one. Also, a doctor can only block one shot a night, so a combo between a sk and scum would still take out an individual. Given that, why did neither scum nor sk even attempt to nk EXAKT unless he's not the cop. Now, I believe Quid, correct me if I'm wrong, made the 'scum would nk the doctor first' argument (could have been TQ, it's been a hectic night). But the doctor can't save the cop from both of them, and scum would know this, so what happened?

The other half of my EXAKT thoughts come from last night's vote. It went from lynching EXAKT, to lynching me (lead by Ernie, which I'll come back to in a moment) to lynching AR in, what, twenty minutes? AR turned out town, which was unfortunate, but I guess necessary.

Then, night one, the person who first called me into question was nk followed by me being accused almost right out of the gate and two people hopping on before there was any other conversation and refusing to even discuss the points I was making beyond you're wrong/dumb/know math(?) and are therefore scummy the end. Also, with a swift disappearance of EXAKT.

Flerp eventually comes in with a 'woah guys, I don't think Dawny is scum' and the response is lol, silence.

As for anyone else, I haven't really gotten a chance to truly and impartially look at everyone because personal preservation makes me want to say Quid/TQ, but I know that's a dumb emotional move and I'm probably way off on that.
This post is very strange, and seems disjointed and jumbled to me. A lot of their other posts are rather combative. But I'm not sure if I see that as scummy. It could just be flustered play. Jury's out on Li Dawny- I would understand a lynch but I think we have much better targets.

Quidnose
Quidnose, I have a question for you: Why have you been pushing to lynch Li Dawny so hard the entire game? I get that some of their behavior has been a little scummy, but you basically hopped on the lynch train day one and haven't gotten off of it. Li Dawny's behavior doesn't seem exceptionally scummy to me, so maybe I'm missing something. But it's off-putting. Either neither of y'all is scum, or exactly one is.

S4SB
I've said plenty about S4SB already, and I still feel the same.

suicide4sexbots posted:

nfyd omg dad fine

here's what i've managed to rake together so far today in my admittedly impaired brain

scum list

li dawny: gets emotional when accused. quick to vote out AR. acts funny as hell D2. my vote was already on her when hammer dropped.

exakt: was a strong suspect D1 for blurting scummy stuff and being MIA. then claimed cop and i believed them. not so sure anymore.

quid: by proxy of relentlessly defending exakt. sort of an IF; THEN case.

capitalistpig: just suspicion based on lack of meaningful posts, or any posts at all

hal: same as pig

sk?

flerg: probably sk. likes to push kills through. start fires. strange desire to keep LD alive. more scum = more kills = less targets?

This post is really bad, and whitenoise-esque. All in all, no content, no contributions, and when pushed takes no real opinions. Scum or SK if I've ever seen it.

Truth Quark
Reads town to me. I wouldn't be comfortable with a lynch today. This in particular:

Truth Quark posted:

I am siding with Pod because the timing of Exakt's claim was loving dumb (well it was a good scum play but you know).

We spent a whole day waffling between him and me with several people saying he should claim, and you can bet he read those posts. He responded to nothing over the course of the day, just made a few snipe posts, and when he finally DID claim he did it last minute to maximize the chances of a) us having time to switch the vote off of him and b) the cop wouldn't have a chance to counterclaim him until tomorrow. It was a good play, but Exakt is definitely scum.

If you spend the day waiting for him to "rebut" Podima's claim you're going to be waiting a long time.

A good, prescient post.

So my scum picks are S4SB, Hal, and CPig. One of LD and Quidnose might also be scum, but that seems less likely to me.

##vote suicide4sexbots

I should have done that a long time ago.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

Hal Incandenza posted:

Good post Rye.

However.

What do you have to say about me now?

You'd have to be a serial killer to willingly drive through rural Wyoming! :v:

In all seriousness, it doesn't really change anything. The reads will be useful if you flip, but it's hard to make a read on a scarcity of words. The only thing I feel I can safely judge you by is your posting record.

I don't think Hal and Pig would be on the same scum team. Two experience players posting like that, with only two scum left alive, would be strange. I'd imagine at least one member of the scum team is someone trying to control the narrative of the game a little more actively. But the pair could be mafia/serial killer or something.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

Quidnose posted:

Why don't we just take out a Cpig/S4S wildcard and politely ask the SK to kill Li tonight? Yeah? Can you do that, SK? :v:

This is a horrifying post and reads to me like scum trying to get the serial killer to kill LD. This is bad enough that I've changed my mind on Quidnose.

##unvote
##vote Quidnose

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

Quidnose posted:

##vote Quidnose I'm out, peace.

Tired of being poo poo on for being mafia.

Fixed.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
I stand by my vote. Communication between the scum team and the serial killer would be pretty game-changing, if it were to happen. I think that whole joke signals deeper knowledge about the night kills that have happened and will happened than any member of the town would have.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

Podima posted:

Explain this further. How does Quid's post indicate knowledge of previous night kills?

I misspoke. Doesn't say anything about previous night kills, just future ones. It's that they talk about the town lynch (out of their control), and the SK kill (out of their control), but not the mafia nightkill. I think it's a slip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
I think everyone (mostly Quidnose) needs to take a breath and relax. It's just a game.

I would support a lynch of S4SB in addition to Quidnose at this point. S4SB hasn't done anything to quell my suspicions. CPig seems less suspicious by the post.

Jedit posted:

Except I called Quid out for talking about Murmur's kill as if it were the Mafia NK and ignoring the SK kill, and Quid clarified I was right in that. You are literally posting the reverse of reality.

I was talking about that specific post- There is reason to believe Quidnose has more knowledge about night kills than a townie should, but it wasn't from that specific post.

• Locked thread