Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«320 »
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I get the add-on stuff at least, like I'm sure as heck never going to pay for Viveport unless it gets a lot better, and I don't think they're getting kick backs on software sales from Valve, so after giving them my $800 for the HMD they haven't seen a dime from me. That's why the Vive is more expensive than the Rift in the first place, of course. If they want to try to introduce a bunch of add-ons in an attempt to get a continuing revenue stream from Vive havers then I'm okay with that as long as they're good, and the DAS and trackers both seem like they are (still haven't bought either though if that says anything).

Their customer service is loving atrocious though that's for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

So after contacting Vrcover and sending photos. It has been determined there's yet another version which has slightly different mounting something or another same with the pads. Guess mines old or something. I have no idea. Kick rear end support though.

So those should be here sometime in a month. Very cool they are just firing off a different version.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

Protect our Friends!

Anti-Poaching Task Force
Japari Park Service

EbolaIvory posted:

So after contacting Vrcover and sending photos. It has been determined there's yet another version which has slightly different mounting something or another same with the pads. Guess mines old or something. I have no idea. Kick rear end support though.

So those should be here sometime in a month. Very cool they are just firing off a different version.

...They mixed up their product and are taking a month to fix it for you?

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

PerrineClostermann posted:

...They mixed up their product and are taking a month to fix it for you?

Haha no. It's just coming from overseas and it'll most likely take 14 days. I'm just being a dick about slow rear end shipping.

They replied super fast. So far supports really good.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

So I just set my vive satellite stations up again after a long time, but I don't have the space for room scale right now, so I'm looking into seated and standing stuff. Thumper is great, and House of the Dying Sun is ok I guess. Distance is not marked as a VR game though it has a VR mode, but that thing is barf city.

Are there any games recommended for seated or standing play?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Rez you can play either way

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Elite dangerous or any of the vr compatible driving sims (if you have a wheel and pedals)

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

Any of the walking sim/adventure games are good, though not as cool as when you have some roomscale to walk around.

Obduction, Wilson's Heart, Scanner Sombre, Solus Project, The Gallery, etc.

The older Oculus controller only game are also a good fit - Chronos and Edge of Nowhere are truly great games.

In fact, I'll talk up Scanner Sombre again in this thread, it's really one of my favourite experiences in VR. Incredibly atmospheric and immersive, and the ending is really something special that I don't know I would have gotten nearly the same experience out of in flat mode. Highly recommend playing through the whole thing in one sitting for full effect.. the very end, where you finally get out of the cave only to realize that your body is still at the bottom, watching the surface be slowly pulled away from you, going back through the caves you yourself have mapped dot by dot, realizing that this guy will never be with his family again, getting back to your tent and just... sitting down quietly and looking out into the cave system through the open flaps.. feeling very alone.. wow. Really cool stuff.

Stick100
Mar 18, 2003

duckfarts posted:

Are there any games recommended for seated or standing play?

People seem to like VTOL VR and Thumper, I enjoyed a couple of hours of Landfall when it had a free weekend, on the Rift side there is Chronos.

I've been enjoying Pavlov and it doesn't take too much space since it uses trackpad locomotion.

Stick100 fucked around with this message at Aug 23, 2017 around 04:50

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

There are no games but Echo Arena.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Yams Fan

Fooz posted:

There are no games but Echo Arena.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

Protect our Friends!

Anti-Poaching Task Force
Japari Park Service

Pavlov is pretty good

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
"It has gunfights and shit!"

Lipstick Apathy

https://humblebundle.com just put up a new bundle that includes Alien Isolation for $6.66

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Stick100 posted:

People seem to like VTOL VR and Thumper, I enjoyed a couple of hours of Landfall when it had a free weekend, on the Rift side there is Chronos.

I've been enjoying Pavlov and it doesn't take too much space since it uses trackpad locomotion.

VTOL VR is really good if you like semi-realistic flight sims. It has a clickable cockpit, but it's simple enough that you don't need to study a manual to learn using it. Complexity-wise it feels a lot like old DOS flightsims, except you don't have to memorize any keyboard hotkeys, and you can get into the action pretty quickly. There isn't that much content out for it yet though, only 5 story missions and some tutorials and target range maps.

Also it's fully controllable with the Vive controllers and it works really well. You can rest the controllers on your lap while gripping the controls, so you don't have to keep your arms suspended in the air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iceaim
May 20, 2001

Rectus posted:

VTOL VR is really good if you like semi-realistic flight sims. It has a clickable cockpit, but it's simple enough that you don't need to study a manual to learn using it. Complexity-wise it feels a lot like old DOS flightsims, except you don't have to memorize any keyboard hotkeys, and you can get into the action pretty quickly. There isn't that much content out for it yet though, only 5 story missions and some tutorials and target range maps.

Also it's fully controllable with the Vive controllers and it works really well. You can rest the controllers on your lap while gripping the controls, so you don't have to keep your arms suspended in the air.

Isn't there a joystick emulator out there that lets you emulate a joystick with your Vive wands and then use it on flight sims that don't support the motion controllers and have them work similar to how VTOL works?

«320 »