Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KillerMojo
Mar 30, 2007

The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
- Douglas Adams
Great OP, looking forward to VR discussion that hopefully doesn't revolve around purchase justification. The google IO announcements really cemented the fact that VR is here to stay, regardless of the monitor you have strapped to your head. Super exciting times, really looking forward to the software innovations catching up to what's been done with the hardware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillerMojo
Mar 30, 2007

- Douglas Adams

theBeaz posted:

This thread was previously 50% shitposts, 40% "where's my shipment", and the remainder was VR news. At least most posts (sans this one) have content now.

Yeah it's great to read genuine VR discussion again, but I totally don't understand the two thread thing. It seems like it happened solely to placate Knifegrab. I guess as long as he's civil cool but wow what a roundabout way to achieve that.

KillerMojo
Mar 30, 2007

- Douglas Adams

greententacle posted:

So has anyone had much experience with mobile VR with like Google Cardboard or Samsung Gear etc? For me at the moment it's just that or nothing, I'm not looking at getting a proper one yet. If it's basically a silly gimmick I'll get sick of after 10 minutes, I don't wanna bother shilling out the $100ish+ for it.

^^^ For everyone wondering where the market for mobile-powered VR is.

I've heard it's solid in it's current form, as long as you're okay with really simple games and pre-rendered content. The next generation is definitely hot in the works and I'd be surprised if it weren't one of the major differentiators in the next hardware cycle. Grab a gear if you have a Samsung phone now, otherwise sit tight!

KillerMojo
Mar 30, 2007

- Douglas Adams
Knifegrab this thread was doing great, can you just leave all your bullshit in the thread you made for yourself or is that not enough of a soapbox?