Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I'm trying to order a Rift through their website but i'm having massive issues. My card isn't being accepted whatsoever, whether through their website or paypal. It's got the funds and everything but it just bounces back saying it's not being accepted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

No worries I cancelled it and swapped over to Amazon. No idea what's wrong with their payment system.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Exioce posted:

Whoa, just found this thing called CAOTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiQJS8ir9sQ

The VR locomotion problem may have a decent solution without having to purchase a dumb treadmill.

Don't understand why this implementation hasn't been incorporated yet, as it seems like the easiest, cheapest and arguably safest solution to provide locomotion. That and your brain can be easily fooled into thinking its moving if you're performing standing walk actions.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Oh crap it's out for delivery today aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :neckbeard:

But the missus is here.....and I haven't told her I Black Friday'd myself an Oculus.

I am in deep poo poo folks.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Tom Guycot posted:

Run her through the initial "first contact" demo (its in your library and can be replayed whenever). I've never seen that fail to make someone smile and laugh. Job sim is also an absolute hoot for people who've never used vr, and is a fun demo game if you have people over who want to try vr.

It's okay, she didn't murder me. I told her and she thought it was pretty cool. She liked the first contact demo and she's not a huge fan of video games.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Just played Robo Recall and holy poo poo!

I don't think I've ever felt this much like a badass before, whilst probably looking like an utter muppet to an observer.

So good.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

It's not dissimilar I reckon to the effects you get when first driving a car for a long period of time. Your eyes and brain have to focus on multiple aspects at once and this can make you feel fuzzy for a bit once you stop.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Does Sairento have oculus touch support?

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Had to refund eve valkyrie yesterday because it seems to be entirely broke (surprise surprise CCP being poo poo). Couldn't get past eula unless I used a keyboard (didn't recognise my 360 controller at all), couldn't realign my screen (had to stand) and couldn't get controller configuration working to the touch. Whole thing was borked. Pretty disappointed as it looked pretty.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Hoping my refund goes through soon so I can get SUPER HOT and/or Tilt Brush.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Rastor posted:

2017 Q2:
PSVR 519,400
HTC Vive 94,500
Oculus Rift 246,900

So the grand totals are

PSVR 2,353,400 (58.6%)
HTC Vive 865,400 (21.5%)
Oculus Rift 798,900 (19.9%) (approximately)

Before 2017 Q4, which I expect is gonna be additional big numbers

Kind of surprised by the Pc vr amounts given how hideously expensive Vive is.

Hell, I only jumped on oculus when it down in price. Haven't for a moment considered Vive because it's outwith of price range.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

rio posted:

The biggest thing I don’t like about teleportation movement is that I guess my brain thinks it’s real so when I dream now I teleport around and it’s kind of disorienting. Am I alone in that and does that go away eventually? Imagine that it is just a novel thing for my brain to be dealing with and since I play at night before bed it is the last thing that my brain remembers before sleeping.

It'll go away eventually.

I woke up one evening not entirely convinced my arms were mine, my brain thinking I was wearing the VR. Was kind of funny really.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

That Italian Guy posted:

How's Eve Valkyrie Warzone? It's 50% off right now and I could consider it if goons are playing it with a decent enough population.

It was broke when I tried it, it didn't respond to my controller, didn't respond to oculus touch and apparently you need to accept the license agreement via keyboard before you can get anywhere.

There wasn't any obvious way to calibrate the screen (admittedly I didn't get that far before I refunded it out of frustration).

Basically it reeks of CCP being as poo poo as ever.

Communist Bear fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Dec 17, 2017

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Just a heads up that the new oculus beta and core 2.0 does seem to cause some noticeable performance issues, especially in steam vr. Onward was a complete and total stuttery mess until I reverted back. Now it's working fine.

Beta is beta I guess!

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I am one of the select people that cannot buy a thing off the Oculus store at the moment, because both my Paypal and bank cards are not being accepted.

Their support has gave up and gone "Er...we're going to investigate byeeeeeeee"

I ran an inspector on the network process myself (I'm a Software Engineer in finance) and it's returning a bad request and a bunch of error codes. Looks like they use some sort of facebook payment api, but I don't know what it is exactly.

Basically I'm boned until they fix it or switch over to a proper payment provider.

Might check the network process on the paypal one, see what's happening there.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

The Walrus posted:

I love how cyberpunk it looks. its literally what that dude in Ghost in the Shell wears

We really are living in a cyberpunk world.

I fully expect to be a cyborg woman by 2030.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

EbolaIvory posted:

I’d also dig harder. I’ve had the opposite experience. Dash is amazing and onward runs fine here.

Very very weird. Wonder if something else is having issues with the beta specifically

Very odd. Didn't suffer Rio's problem so much, but I did notice poor quality results in the beta. Reverted back and everything went back to normal.

Could well be process related, but I'd have to look pretty deep to figure out what.

In other news I can buy products from the Oculus store now, they solved my problem. Yay!

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Tom Guycot posted:

... except those god drat stars. I've tried adding that line to fallout4vrcustom.ini in documents, in the fallout folder itself, i tried adding it to the regular fallout4custom, I tried the fallout4perfs.ini, everything I could, and I can't get it to work. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but its driving me bonkers. How did they gently caress up the skybox for the stars so bad by default?? Was there ANY quality control on this release at all? A tester just literally had to play a second of it at nighttime to see the problem. Sheesh.

Well anyways, if you've got any ideas on what I might be doing wrong I'd love to know because this is just too distracting. Otherwise, the game is as good as its going to be for a bethesda game.

Apparently it should be placed under the VR tag inside the custom ini? Don't know if that's any help...haven't tried it myself yet.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Sparc is giving me one hell of a workout.

If I get playing this it's going to make me pretty fit.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Am I the only one that thinks Echo Arena is utterly poo poo and Sparc is the far better and much more fun sci-fi sport game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Do I have to shout "FUS ROH DAH!" really loudly to play Skyrim VR?