Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Got myself a Vive. I was looking up games for it for a while before so I already know about most of the more popular games that I'm interested in, anyone got any lesser known game recommendations?

Demicol fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Nov 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Audioshield gives me a good sweat when playing some more intense songs, if you/they are into rhythm games.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Exioce posted:

I had this idea for a VR 'game' where you're a street hooker and have to find clients and sometimes you get beaten up and get your money stolen, and sometimes you make money but then your boiler breaks down and you lose that money, and you have to fend off your own suicide by buying drugs constantly (taking the drugs makes your environment colourful and happy), but you also have to buy enough food so that you don't starve to death too. And sometimes you have to escape from the police. Kind of like Job Simulator but without the fun bits. Blowjob Simulator? And there's a mirror in your bathroom, and your appearance changes depending on how well you're doing.

Just give me Papers Please VR

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

So this thread finally convinced me to buy Soundboxing. I kinda ignored it since it didn't seem that fun or interesting but I'm glad to say I was wrong, it's really fun. If you're like me and didn't get it, you should.

Is there a way to sort the search by results to show songs that have challenges made for them?

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/Split82/status/954373235700887554

https://twitter.com/Split82/status/954674607847505920

Demicol fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jan 21, 2018

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

NRVNQSR posted:

If you don't hate J-Pop Airtone has 25 professionally-authored tracks at three difficulty levels. The environments are pretty and there's a setting to turn off the anime girl if that's not your sort of thing.

$30 is definitely a bit on the high side for the amount of content it has but I think we're all pretty accustomed to the VR tax these days.

edit: One further caveat: The tutorial is long, slow and unskippable, but once you get through it you can just play songs without worrying about any of that stuff again.

I'm pretty sure I accidentally skipped the tutorial when I played, because i had to go look for it in the menus again when I had no idea how to play.
Also if it doesn't bother you I'd suggest turning on the Japanese voice acting, the English voice actor for the mascot character is not very good from what I recall, she sounded like she was holding her nose shut while talking.

The game is definitely good though, the tracks are well made and fairly difficult even on Normal.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I tried Gorn at my friends place as one my first VR games and I didn't really like it.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

From the little I tried it, you can point and click somewhere and it moves you there. It works like normal street view.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

TalkLittle posted:

There's also the Miku-style rhythm game Airtone which is good if you like the anime style. 25 tracks and 3 difficulties. At least it's apparently way better than the official Miku VR game on Steam, which sounds rushed and cashing in on the IP while providing a half-baked game with only 8 tracks.

As expected, the hand motions and aesthetic are emasculating, so probably a game to play in a locked room by yourself if you identify as a man.

Airtone is fun but you have to grind by playing songs to unlock new songs which got slightly annoying.
Guess I have to buy Beatsaber, I was worried it would suck from the enormous amount of hype I kept seeing for it.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

The OST for Beat Saber definitely isn't very good if you're not a fan of the type of music, I think. There's only 2 tracks I really like, the rest are pretty disappointing. There's even 2 tracks back to back that sound almost identical to me from the preview.
It's still fun to play, especially after someone mentioned the scoring takes into account the speed/force of the slash as well, improved my highscore on one of the songs by at least 1/3. Hope new tracks come soon.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Official explanation on the Beat Saber scoring system.

https://twitter.com/BeatSaber/status/992782948515622913

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Just beat the 2nd song on Extreme for the first time, missed a whole ton but I passed. It's really fun when you pull of those super fast sections.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

There's custom songs for Beat Saber now: https://beatsaver.com/

Easy to add. Quality varies, downloaded about 10 songs and only one of them I would say was bad but some of them are pretty creative.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

I wish they weren't Expert only. I get my rear end kicked on Hard, but it's so much fun. Having Beat Saber and Clone Hero is fun and good for all my guitar and lightsaber needs.

Some of them have Hard and Expert and not all Expert ones were that difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Stick100 posted:

Blasters of the Universe I find a great albeit short game

This is also a pretty hard game. It took me an hour to beat the first stage on Normal and after I was too exhausted to try the 2nd one more then a few times.