Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Jarmak posted:

Another day week without a response from HTC about the Vive they said they shipped me

Ordered on April 8th, pretty frustrating watching people that ordered in vicinity of when HTC said they shipped mine get their Vives. At this point I've pretty much just given up.

This is a stretch, but have you tried reaching out to tech blogs/media? Seems like one of those things where a company treats someone lovely, the story gains traction, and the company bends over backwards to fix it.

edit: If you do this and it works and htc wants to make things right, please have them send me a vive as well, thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I know that PSVR is kind of persona non grata here, despite what the OP says, but hey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl5o-FqIRIQ

They're going all out for the retro look for the pilots. I can't wait for this dumb game.

I'm intrigued by the concept, I love the McElroys, but I'm not sure where VR comes into play. Is there going to be a later trailer that introduces the VR elements?

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Cojawfee posted:

The VR part is that you play a robot and play golf.

Oh ok then

edit: upon rewatch, I suppose there are nearly two full seconds of first-persony shots of a robot jumping with its arm outstretched, so looks like I'm the dumbo

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
As a 3D professional, I love his example of "look at this hosed up tree base!! trees don't look like this!" and then "look, we scanned a real tree!" as though that helps development at all. If a modeler wanted to model a specific tree, they could do so easily, and then manipulate the materials and properties of it way easier than with stupid point cloud data.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Oculus and Twisted Pixel just announced a game on the YouTube E3 stream. It's called (I believe) Wilson's Heart and is a black-and-white throwback to old pulpy monster movies, starring Peter Weller, Rosario Dawson, and Alfred Molina. It all looked very pre-rendered, especially because they include fully modeled hands with arms, which I thought was a pretty big challenge, IK-wise.