Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kid
Jun 18, 2004

Gotcha

Warbird posted:

Nope, I cover what few windows I have when using the Vive because I don't want to look like an idiot to my neighbors and I have nothing reflective in my living room. It seems like it may be an issue with the HMD itself as opposed to the base stations. One thing to note is that I'm using USB3.1 ports and I'm not sure the two 2.0 ports I have are even hooked up properly. I'm going to try that after work and see if it resolves the issue.

I had some tracking issues that were fixed after I installed the recommended PCI usb card and used that to plug the vive in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kid
Jun 18, 2004

Gotcha

Warbird posted:

Can you elaborate on this? What PCI usb card?
Sure, its the Inateck KTU3FR-2O2I

I was having intermittent tracking issues using both USB2 and USB3 on my motherboard, have not experienced it since I switched to the card. The vive is the only thing I have plugged into it.

Amazon Link

Steam Support Article

Kid
Jun 18, 2004

Gotcha

GlyphGryph posted:

What;s the best VR game for working up a sweat, preferable to a beat? Is it still audioshield, or is there something better?

Soundboxing is perfect for this. I haven't played audioshield again since downloading SB.

You punch beats to a song, punch harder for more points. Beat maps are user generated, so typically see 300-1000 punches per song.

Kid
Jun 18, 2004

Gotcha
Wonder what the chances are that they will give a steam key to people who buy Super Hot on the Oculus store once the timed exclusive is over. I really want to try it, but I'd like to keep all my games in one location.

Kid
Jun 18, 2004

Gotcha

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Robo Recall is free to all Vive and Rift users via the Epic games launcher. Just click Modding and then click Robo Recall. Instructions here. I knew their model was a bit weird on Oculus Home.

I think I read you only get the first level this way, any other levels boot you back to the start.

Kid
Jun 18, 2004

Gotcha

Rhymenoserous posted:

do some blow off a groupies rear end.

Only if you get the groupie DLC, available soon* for only $9.99-$99.99 depending on the groupie of your choice.

Kid
Jun 18, 2004

Gotcha

JohnnySmitch posted:

I did the "welding mask mod" for mine. If you have access to a 3d printer, I highly recommend trying it out. The headgear (I got this one: Headgear, For Helmet Headgear https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00826AM7A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Jb55yb8KXQY1B ) makes a world of difference in terms of comfort, ease of adjustment, and simplicity in taking the hmd on/off. The whole "mod" just consists of snipping the frontmost strap off of the welding headgear and snapping on the two 3d printed clips (I used these, which don't even require any hardware to hold together: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2038745 ). Took less than 5 minutes to put the whole thing together.
I was chomping at the bit for the new audio strap to come out, but I'm so happy with this mid that I'm now perfectly good waiting until some reviews come out before throwing money at it.

I second this recommendation, I modded my Vive with the welding mask strap and ordered 3d printed adapters to hook some headphones up to it and it is so much more comfortable now.

Kid
Jun 18, 2004

Gotcha
In the new Steam Home, is there any way to view your VR library on one of the walls?

Going to be having some people try the Vive soon and I'd like to just have my VR games up on one of the walls for them to pick from (even better if I can pick which appear there).

Or is the only way still to hit the menu then pick the game from the popup window?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kid
Jun 18, 2004

Gotcha

Rectus posted:

Nope. Hopefully they'll add some customization options.

Fun fact, they have a YouTube player panel in the game files, so it seems they're at least working on adding more interactive stuff.

Thanks, hopefully that gets added soon as the Home is really neat.

Or the objects you can place that launch games like another poster mentioned, some pedestals with orbs/items on top, poster of the game on the wall behind it. drag them to your head to play.