Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Episode One - Crushed by the Hammer

The lobby of the Drumpf Donjon lies in ruins, resembling more a wartorn country than the business-castle of one of the most successful billionaires in the country. Patriot Princess lays hanging from the chandelier that appears to be about to fall, Corsage is literally embedded into a wall, as if it were a cartoon, Eagle J appears to have taken up the floor of a nearby hallway as a bed, as she lay there, the hole in the ground that leads to the underground parking structure is where Pretty Witch Circe has gone, and Mix-Up isn't even in the building anymore, smashed out the front door and into the street.

The villain holds his hammer high, and then launches it upwards, through the ceiling.

Thirty Minutes Earlier

Everyone: Your communicators light up no matter where you are, an annoying ringtone of - "Ring, ring ring, ring ring ring, pick up your phone, ring, ring ring, ring ring ring, pick up your phone." that is both absolutely obnoxious, and tells you that this is a priority message from your handler Jackie Kilmer, the official liaison between the corporate alliance's many members and you. What are you doing when the call comes in?

Regardless of what you are doing or where you are, Jackie either doesn't care or is sending out a recording, as she ignores every complaint, every question, anything that could be asked of her, instead droning on in a bored tone, "Approximately seven minutes ago civilians reported a man with a large sledgehammer wearing an american flag as a toga knocking out a wall of a prominent business tower. This wall was made of six feet of concrete, and as such the police have classified him as a superpowered threat. That means they wont move in, and you will. This should be an easy job. I've sent the coordinates. Good luck."

The Present

Everyone: Your first attempt at stopping this villain ended in a pretty remarkable failure. None of you are really that injured, it seems like he went easy on you, and based how hard he hit you on how tough you were. You'll certainly have bruises tomorrow from it, but he's going to get away, so you need to get up.

Mix-Up: You tried to use your tricks and dazzle him to start with, explain how exactly that went wrong, and who you blame for it going wrong.

Patriot Princess: He actually seemed more upset by your existence than anyone else, and you were taken out without hesitation - if not for your amazing super magical armor you'd... probably be a smear on the wall. You barely got the chance to attack before you got hit - but that at least gave you the chance to note he is, in fact, super tough, the usual pairing with super strength. Your weapon barely seemed to have an impact on him. Also, how do you feel about him wearing a giant american flag as a toga?

Eagle J: The leader of the team - if only by one vote - it seem this job wont be nearly as easy as Jackie said, so you'll need a plan. One that hopefully doesn't send you flying down a hallway, skipping like a stone against the ground. Who do you blame for the initial attack failing? Was it something you did, or someone else? And will the team even follow you?

Circe: You almost got him, you were just charging up your energies and bam, then there was no more floor beneath you, and that stupid toga-man was laughing at you. It threw off your concentration enough that you, accidentally, blew up a few cars. Who should have known to cover you, but wasn't there when you needed them?

Corsage: Ouch, it looks like you got hit the hardest of everyone, and are basically two feet deep in solid wall somehow. Luckily you brought some good flowers with you today, from your sponsor - which did you bring? And did you watch your Love get flung down a hallway before or after your own injury?

Everyone: Regardless of how it happened and who is to blame, there's still a supervillain on the loose, and you're not being paid to sit around nursing your wounds. Do you feel like this guy is too strong for you to take out one on one, or are you sure this was a fluke? You know your sponsors would love for you to take out a villain solo, and promote their products - it's why Frankie is who communicates with you impartially, so none of your sponsors encourage you to sabotage each other. You'd probably all get big bonuses for going in recklessly to prove yourself.... but at the same time, you did just get your asses handed to you once. You didn't even get his name, just annoyed sneers and angry glares.

OOC Thread
Influence

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 18:05 on May 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

It was a happy day for her, no school, no threat of a storm in site, and best of all; ICE CREAM AND MALL TIME! She walks through the mall, taking licks from her ice cream cone, she quickly finishes her ice cream and stops at a toy store to look at the plushie bear maker when she gets the phonecall.

"Ring, ring ring, ring ring ring, pick up your phone, ring, ring ring, ring ring ring, pick up your phone."

She looks actually a bid sad, and sighs, running out and hiding in a handicap bathroom for a second to answer the call. It's Jackie Kilmer and he doesn't seem to care that it was her day off nor that it was beautiful outside. "Approximately seven minutes ago civilians reported a man with a large sledgehammer wearing an american flag as a toga knocking out a wall of a prominent business tower. This wall was made of six feet of concrete, and as such the police have classified him as a superpowered threat. That means they wont move in, and you will. This should be an easy job. I've sent the coordinates. Good luck." and that was that, she rushes out of the bathroom and heads out. As she runs she throws the tiny to the ground and it bursts forth into a full sized staff. Running into an unattended alley way she stops, while holding the staff and closes her eyes, speaking words of magic out.

"Puella rutrum magicam!" the exlaimation bursts out of her mouth and she transforms, her outfit for the next battle coming out onto her body, it was...a deep red dress in the style of a bridemaid's outfit, of course it was hemmed up to not get in the way of her movement and it included biker shorts, since she needs to run around, but still, a bridesmaid dress? Really?

She sighs and jumps onto her staff and flies out to the scene. Reaching the combat zone, she jumps down off the staff and takes it into her hand. A twirl around she points it at the man with the American Flag toga and the giant sledgehammer. "STOP IN THE NAME OF THE LAW!" of course, it was always this way, she always gave the villain a chance to respond to civility. Of course, the bad guy doesn't take to the offer, they never do, so she closes her eyes and yells to Corsage to cover her as she casts her magic, as she casts her spell, a level 5 minor explosion, she doesn't notice that the ground under her had suddenly disappeared...and like that, her concentration was blown, sending an explosion out, hitting the gas line of several cars and blowing them up around them...poo poo, poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo!

She climbs out of the hole, pissed at Corsage and was really mad at this rear end in a top hat. She had a dress on that probably costed thousands of dollars and here this rear end in a top hat was just sending her into a hole. She sized the guy up, able to create a large hole for her to fall in...that was quite the power...and she knew that she needed to attack, and stop this guy, but she was sure that the hole the guy made was just a fluke, and she could dodge the next one. She needed the money and knew that her sponsors would all enjoy seeing her rage forward, she takes out a bottle of Mana Burst and closes her eyes, she needed to focus...she needed to charge up her magic if she was going to take this guy out.

quote:

Scarybagels ATTEMPTING TO CHARGE
Scarybagels !r 2d6
Krysmbot Scarybagels, 6 = 6
Scarybagels Woot I failed but I got 2 burn and 3 conditions
Scarybagels going with Anger, Guilty and Insecure
Scarybagels Those seem to be relevant, since she is feelin the guilt for blowing up cars, anger at the duder for causing the hole in the first place and insecure about the fact that she is going to probably be in trouble when they are done

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

Freak: +0 | Danger: +0 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: +1
Afraid | Angry | Guilty | Insecure | Hopeless
Potential: 0/5 | Location: Trump Donjon

Hm - whu? Wha? I blink. I'm in my bed, did something happen? Oh, I am asleep, erm, was asleep. Uuuughhh, my alarm is going off. Wait, no, that's not my alarm, that's my communicator. And it's playing that stupid ringtone! I should have hacked that thing and replaced it with, uh, something else! I roll over and try to bury my head under my pillow, but it's not really working. I mean, it can't be that important, supervillains need to sleep too, yeah? They wouldn't pull anything at - wait, it's how late?! I bolt up, throw my legs out of the bed. I almost step on, what's that, an actual book? Why is there an actual, physical, letters on paper book on my floor? I look around and... why are there books all over the place? Did my personal apocalypse happen and I've time traveled to before they had computers, like, 1990?

Oh. Ooooh! Now I remember! There was that thing with fighting Shibboleth and some crusty wizard giving me grief about how I handled things - he should get off my case, opening and then right away closing that portal was necessary, didn't see anyone else coming up with anything! But naw, it's all against the seventh law of whatever and I actually think he talked about Sephiroth, only I'm preeeetty sure he wasn't into Final Fantasy and long story short: I was gonna look into whatever cooky nonsense he talked about, if only so I'd better be able to tell him to stuff it next time. Turns out they don't have that stuff on Wikipedia, though. Or anywhere! Only in actual books, which really, if I didn't already know before would only confirm this stuff is straight up nooooonsense. Or maybe not nonsense, but something those old dudes hold onto to make themselves feel relevant. it's like corporations holding onto patents for life-saving medication and then selling it for way too much money, or something. Seriously uncool.

So anyway, reading through all that mess of mumbo-jumbo took up most of my night. Doooon't really think I understood most of it, but, hey! I got some inspiration for some kick-rear end band names if I ever need any, say what you will, that old stuff at least has a sense of style.

Wait, what am I doing? Oh, uh, right, saving the day! Dude with a hammer. I throw on my clothes, take a few moments to fix my hair which is not just keeping it like it ends up when I get out of bed, that joke is so stupid. Brush my teeth, check my gadgets - smoke bombs, grappling hook, foam pellets, all the classics plus a few wildcards. Oh, and my, ugh, domino mask. I tried to go with a kind of 'scarf-covering-my-mouth' demonstration thing at the start but, uh, nobody could understand me properly or see when I was grinning. Okay, got everything, I think. Off I go!

Oh, hey, the Trump Donjon, kind of not tooo broken up about that getting redecorated a little. But there's people around everywhere that could get hurt, so that's not cool. Whoa, that guy is big. And he has a big hammer. And an American flag as a toga which, haha, is Princess Patriot around already? Because I wanna get a shot of her face. But, uh, I should focus! Circe is already there, and she's telling him to stop - in the name of THE LAW. If she didn't start to do her...magic power up thing, I'd totally superimpose a Judge Dredd helmet over her head with my holograms. Hey, speaking of which, where's our 'fearless leader', Eagle J? Isn't this the time for some speech? Not that I'd just listen to everything she has to say but, hey, what's the fun of doing that if nobody is telling me not to do what I'm gonna do?

Oh well, up to me then! I dodge behind a ruined pillar - despite everything, this is kind of cool, like, the ruined corporate aesthetic, reminds me of some movie - and when I step out again, so do three other Mix-Ups. Holograms! Can't be too careful, plus, if anyone is shooting pictures, it makes it much more likely I'm in one of them. Not that I, uh, care about that. I jump up onto the remainder of a pillar laying on the ground - but is it really me or one of my holograms ooooh - and have some of my nanomachines flying around me move my coat, like some wind is blowing. Hey, I gotta make this look good.

"Hey!" Oh, gotta come up with a name! "US Caesar!" Nailed it. "Peaceful protest not working out for you? Well, let me tell you: here's the... CATCH!" And with that, I throw one of my sticky foam pellets at him, and so do my three doppelgangers. Just for giggles, I project a holographic American Eagle over each of the pellets. This is going to be awesome! Only US Caesar is waaay faster than you'd think and he spins around and baseball-hits the pellet back at me! How did he know which one was real?! The pellet hits me in the chest - how did he know which one of me was real?! - and it explodes, covering me in sticky foam that quickly grows more solid. I manage to stick out my hands and head in time, only now I look like some extremely overweight clown. Oh drat, US Caesar is advancing on me!

"Uh, guys? Need some help here!" Oh man, are communications seriously not up? I mean, yeah, I usually do that, but shouldn't Eagle J make sure all that stuff is in place? "Guys, big guy with a hammer coming at meeeeeee-" He hits me and, funny, I don't really feel it because my foam is seriously awesome at shock absorption. Well, I try to tell myself how awesome it is as I roll and bounce out of the building like a human rubber ball and onto the street where I skid to a halt. Nooot humiliating at all and I don't mind people gawking and shooting pictures. At all. Or that I come to a halt with my legs sticking in the air and my face literally in the gutter. Dammit, Eagle J!

After a moment of inspecting the city's architecture up close, I think of triggering the nanomachines embedded in the foam with a thought, which makes it slowly turn into powder and releases me. I lay on the ground and, haha, half an hour ago I was deciding whether to get out of bed or not. Oh, whatever, I'm not laying around here. Can't let the others get all the glory! Plus, they'll need someone to actually think about how to deal with US Caesar - sue me, I'm gonna call him that, it's probably better than his actual name. And, uh, Circe might need some help...

Okay! I make my way back inside, even though my boots are still sticky and make the most annoying sound. I hide behind some table and call up my holograms - not to make any doppelgangers, but to give me multiple screens right in front of me, showing me different viewpoints of the battlefield and readouts, and, well, all the stuff for analyzing the situation, yeah? Because my head is definitely not thick enough to take care of this guy by just bashing it against him! Are comms up? I give it a try anyway, hope the others are hearing this! "Well, as fun as that was, let's see if I can find out something about US Caesar other than 'kicks our rear end', yeah?"

<nil_> Mix-Up Assess
<nil_> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> nil_, 12+3 = 15
GM:
  • What here can I use to capture 'US Caesar'?
  • What here is in the greatest danger?
  • How could I best infuriate or provoke 'US Caesar'? (from Criminal Mind)

nil. fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 25, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Eagle J
F +1, D -1, Sa 0, Su +2, M +1

It's a normal day at Eagle Manor, you know, reading fine literature, drinking fancy tea, doing cool rich superhero things, you know~

Okay, so maybe not. Maybe I'm just in my bedroom when I get the call. Just tryin' to look fancy in front of you. As quickly as I can (which is pretty quick considering), I suit up and head out to the rooftop.

"Hey Charles, tell George I'm out when he gets back!"

And without waiting for an answer, I bound out towards the Trump Donjon.

"Alright, people, you heard the lady. We're dealing with one tough cookie. Try not to face him head-on! Mix-Up, distract him while the rest of us team up to take him out from behind! Let's go!" Unbeknownst to me, the comms had failed and nobody got the memo.

Arriving at the Donjon behind the scene, I hop up onto the wall behind the villain and get ready to jump down for a drop kick.

And then I see the rest of the team get bodied.

"Guys, what are you doing?!" Oh crap, I didn't mean to yell. I'm already coming down on him and he knows I'm here! Aah! There goes my leg!

You know in Super Mario 64 where you spin Bowser around by the tail and throw him aside? Imagine that with my leg. As I try to get off the ground, I curse myself. Dammit, I let the comms get faulty. I didn't make sure the team was briefed. It's not like they even listen to me half the time. Maybe I'm not ready to be a leader yet...

Whatever! So I messed up once! We still gotta take this guy down!

"Hey, Yankee Doodle! You think that was enough to take me down?! Do you even America?!"

Provoke: 8
So you pick whether to err, stumble, or overreact.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Not a prompt, but some assess answers!

Mix-Up: You've only just barely seen the man, but you get a few feelings from what you have seen - he seems to be, specifically, trying not to hurt you guys. Even Patriot Princess with her magical weapon trying to actually hurt him was barely responded to by flipping her up onto a chandelier. That's definitely something to your advantage, and it's possible that if you risk getting hurt, he might back down enough to make him easy to capture. (Take +1 if you put yourself at undue risk)

You have a feeling from how none of the receptionists or guards were hurt either that he's not after any of the simple workers here. If you had any idea who he could be a danger to, it'd probably be Danielle Drumpf, or her board of directors.

Judging by his weapon, his build, and well, just his looks in general, you know that he looks like a construction worker of some kind. You also remember that in the news a few days ago Danielle Drumpf had announced that she would replace all her construction division with new robotics, allowing Drumpf Industries to expand faster and cheaper than ever. These strands of thought connect in your mind, and you're pretty sure you could infuriate this 'US Caesar' by mentioning the layoffs. Though you're not sure if it's a good idea to get him really, really pissed at you.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 18:05 on May 25, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Freak: +1 Danger: -1 Savior: +2 Superior: 0 Mundane: +1 Potential 0/5

I was working on my new dress when the call came. Mother says it's a hobby which suits a refined lady like myself. I've been able to do it on my own without her help for a year now. My new project is a floral dress. I really hope to make a good impression on the team with it. There never is a good time for the call to come, but as long as I'm not busy doing something in the wash room I don't really mind. I left post haste as I was able to just leave my work as it was to continue again later.

The Trumps have a interesting history with my family. One of them got involved in politics and my grand father went campaigning with him. Meanwhile gg Syl backed a different candidate publicly. And dad didn't like either of them, it was when he more or less got out of politics. It was a pretty awkward thanksgiving. I'm not surprised one of the LaCroix has been called to this mission.

The situation sure was a mess when we got there. The whole place was trashed. And the man who did it, well a mess certainly suited him. I frown as soon as I see him. "You better be wearing something under that." I blurt out. I point the Tireless TorchTM at him and open up, but the way the torch works that its abilities are supposed to get stronger the more it is used. A relentless weapon. But that does me no good when he slams the ground and the shock wave sends me flying.

What a mess. There's always bad seeds. But it's aggravating when someone poisons the well by acting out under your banner. Villainy is the least patriotic thing someone could do so I sure would like to hear what his addled mind came up with for an excuse. Really the mental health in this country is a shame. If we nipped the problem in the bud we wouldn't have so many calls for regulation.

After we recover from getting caught flat footed I make sure all the staff is okay while the others begin the pursuit. This is the real point of being a hero after all.

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 15:54 on May 25, 2016

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

My eyes dart between the multiple holographic screens in front of me and it's like the immediate threat of some giant guy with a giant hammer steps back and I'm actually able to think about what I'm seeing, what I noticed, what the screens are showing me and what they picked out using the algorithms I, well, didn't write 100%, but improved and customized. But then it dawns on me what is going on and oh noooooo. I call up one specific news article that my program gathered and now I remember reading it a few days ago and, man. He's gotta be one of those construction workers that got fired, yeah? I mean, normally I'm all for the march of progress and robots are seriously cool, but those construction workers got screwed over, yeah?

And it all makes sense, the hammer, why he attacked here. Okay, maybe not why he has superpowers now. He must be after Danielle Trump, the queen b... bee of Trump Industries or her corporate cronies, right? And to make things worse, or, uh, better, in a way - he's not trying to hurt anyone else, looks like! Not the normal workers and not us because, seriously, though it didn't feel like it, I thiiink he was softballing hitting us. Especially me in the foam bubble who was like an actual softball, haha. Anyway, I mean, it's not like he's peacefully protesting, and just going to town with a giant hammer is not cool - but I don't wanna beat up some guy with a genuine grievance like that! Might as well put on my face concealing helmet and go beat up some peaceful demonstrators with my police baton next! That is soooo not what I am about, soooo not what I wanted to do as a superhero.

Oh, hey, I have to tell the others! Not that I expect all of them to quite understand, but I have to give them a chance, yeah? So it's not all 'well, we didn't know we were beating up the unemployed, Mix-Up!'. Are comms up again? I run some checks and yeah, they're up again! Time to talk to our fearless leader via our open channel - everyone will hear it, but it's for Eagle J mainly. "Hey! Hey, Eagle J! I think that guy is one of the construction workers that got 'let go' after, you know, Trump Industries fired everyone to replace them with robots? Literally replaced with robots. We should get him to say his piece, yeah?" I peek out from behind my hiding place, an overturned table. "I bet that'd actually work better than butting heads with him. I mean, looks like he doesn't want to harm any bystanders, not even us, just the corporate overlords of this place." Hey, hey, one second - I'll have to actually get Eagle J to go along with this. For her own good, of course! "I'm just saying, beating up the disenfranchised without hearing them out is kiiiiiiinda not that heroic." Bet her mentor she always talks about would agree with that, or at least, she'll think he'd agree with that. And shut up, of course I know what 'disenfranchised' means!

<nil_> Mix-Up Provoke Eagle J
<nil_> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> nil_, 8+3 = 11
Mix-Up wants Eagle J and, by extension through her leadership, the team to go easy on US Caesar / Yankee Doodle and give him a chance to state his grievances.
If Eagle J does it, add 1 Team. If Eagle J doesn't do it, mark a condition.

There's a brief pause. "Oh, and US Caesar is a better nickname than Yankee Doodle, sorry. Unless he's from Connecticut, maybe. But not bad!"

I make a hologram of me appear right in front of US Caesar, this time making it's obvious it's fake. "How about it? You want to tell us why you're doing this?" My hologram rolls its eyes and puts a hand on its hips, like we're both bitching about some teacher, only, uh, for him it'd be his supervisor? "Let me tell you, we usually do not have to ask, it's all..." My free hand makes 'blah blah blah' motions. "Buuut something tells me you might have actually something interesting to say, yeah?"

nil. fucked around with this message at 18:05 on May 25, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Eagle J
Pot: 0/5 Con: --

"Alright, it's worth a shot! You hear that, guys? Step back and let Mix-Up talk to him!"

"Also, what is US Caesar even a reference to?"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I groan loudly. "The way he's wearing the flag. Its a bad reference. If anything call him Stars and Bars because he'll be seeing stars behind bars." Who are these people's agents? They're terrible.

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 26, 2016

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

"Listen..." She says unsuredly, looking down, she did it again, she caused an explosion that she didn't mean to happen and she speaks into the communicator. "I...I will just provide backup for you all, just incase things go sour...just make sure the guy doesn't go berserk...as for a name, what about Union Jack, cause...like its a pun..."

Her voice trails off at the end of the pun, thinking that probably no one would enjoy it, but she holds her energy back that she charged, waiting to see what happens before releasing it.

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 25, 2016

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Corsage
Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior 0 | Superior +1 | Mundane -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

"Alright and...turn! Give me your defiant hero face! Now your dour hero face! No no no--Your parents have been murdered by criminals and you've sworn vengeance upon the villains of the world--yes, yes!" Another promotional shoot. "You are a freak! Yes, yes! You are hunted by a world that doesn't understand you but you are compelled to protect! Now give me a pouty face, like the baddie just stole the fair maiden..." They get weird. But it's a small price to pay for FAME.

ring ring ring...

"No phones, heroboy! No phones!" I pick it up anyway. Some kind of trouble down at the Donjon? Sounds like a blast. "Hey, guy, I gotta run." He plucks a few choice flowers from the arrangements on set. "No! Not my flowers, heroboy!"

"Hey, duty calls. If you got a problem, call Maxine." Alexander walks out, leaving the fuming photographer. Maxine would smooth it over, she always does. She used to be in the business too, before starting her PR thing. He didn't see retirement in his future, though. This was all he'd ever wanted and more. And of course there was the distinct possibility that he'd end up floating in a vat of formaldehyde at IFF, but he didn't like to think about that.

He always kept a costume or three close on hand and today was no exception. He dressed quickly in the bathroom--his White Rose ensemble. Shades of green on the main body, white gloves and boots, white rose emblem and a white domino mask that goes with it that he never wears. With a bit of wire from his utility belt, he builds a Battle Bouquet. Dry White Rose at the center, as always; he never leaves home without one. Usually, he'll put in a garlic blossom, but he has to work with what he's got. Thank god they've got mums, at least, and some snapdragon and hyacinth will do in a pinch. With the gladiola and holly, he's got something workable. Should cover all the bases: strength, speed, defense, and mental fortitude. He clips the Battle Bouquet to a special clip on his chest and uses a a bit of the wire for some extra security. Can't be too careful.

----

The last thing Corsage remembers is trying to get between Eagle J and that hammer...Ah. That's why I'm stuck in this wall. He inclines his head to his chest and takes a deep breath of his Bouquet. He's never sure if it actually makes his powers more potent--but it makes him feel better. Like a great coil, his body tenses and he explodes from the rubble. Dusting himself off, he rejoins the team and gets up to speed.

"So Mix-Up is going to try to talk down Alexander Hammerton over there? No skin off my nose, baby. But better prepare for the worst, you know what I'm saying?"

Gonna see if the talk works.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

"But he's not wearing a Union Jack. That would have been good though, he's probably a union thug." I clap my hands when Corsage adds his two cents. "That's it. I love it. Though I'm sure he came up with his own droll title."

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 26, 2016

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

Huh. Eagle J, all of them actually, they go for my idea right away or at least don't veto it. I mean, I can be pretty convincing, but... huh. I would have thought somebody would have said something! I mean, that's good, yeah? Only, now they want me to talk to him. If they didn't want me to, I would have complained, sure, but now it's like they're all looking at me. And it's not like they think I can't do it, but it's the opposite, they're all 'sure, let Mix-Up do his thing'. It's a bit... a bit scary, yeah? Oh man, now my mouth is dry, I didn't pack anything to drink. But, I'm in the spotlight, it's cool, I can do this.

"Right, cool, I got this." I'm not sure I got this. I get up from behind my hiding spot and slowly approach US Caesar. Wait, shouldn't I be doing this with one of my holograms? What am I doing anyway? What am I going to tell him? It'd be different if I wanted to tell him he was being an idiot, but that's not gonna work, is it? I step over some rubble - a result of that big hammer of his - and I swallow. I mean, his problems are all... adult stuff and for once, he's not someone who needs to be told he's full of poo poo by me like I usually do. Naw, I bet he's someone who was pushed around before this, but on the other hand, just smashing stuff with a big hammer is not okay. And then there's the thing with the robots, and it makes sense to use them because they're cool and safer, only it means people like him are out of jobs and that sucks and maaaaan, it's all complicated!

Wait, are we talking about his nickname? I can't help myself, I need the distraction for just a second: I hold up one finger for US Caesar, so he knows I'll be with him in a second, and whisper to the others via comms. "US Caesar sounds like Julius Caesar, because he's wearing a toga, and US because the toga is the flag. Oh, yeah, Princess Patriot got it and-" Wait, does she think he came up with the name? I did... and she thinks it sucks. It's cool, I don't care. Not really. Maybe a bit. "Oh, hey, Union Jack and Alexander Hammerton are also pretty good." I glance over at the guy in question - uh, right, I was doing something! Like totally knowing what I was going to say to this guy who weighs double what I do, with the hammer, triple.

"Hey." I pull my hands from my pockets and finger-gun point both of them at him, then catch myself and put them behind my head instead. "I think I know what your deal is." I take a step closer to him. "This is about those 'lay-offs' a few days ago, yeah? How they replaced all the construction workers..." I step closer and point at his hammer, showing him that I figured out where that came from - and hopefully not showing him that I'm kind of still terrified of getting smushed by that thing. "...with actual literal robots. I mean, that's gotta sting, right? Your bosses get to make all their dreams come true - because I bet they love having something that can't talk back do their work for them - and you, well, you're out of a job." I scratch my head. "That's gotta suck, like, seriously." Oh man, what do I say now? All of that was just stating the obvious, platitudes. But I really want to give this guy a chance, because, that's what a hero would do, yeah? But I didn't get, uh, super-speech or anything!

"I'll be honest. This whole thing is really complicated, and I can't really think of a good solution." I shrug. "But easy for me to say, yeah? I'm not you, and you're the one out of a job. I don't know. I just know it isn't fair to you." I take a final step towards him, stepping within reach of that...huge hammer. Gulp. "But man, this isn't how you should deal with this, they'll just make you the villains in this! You're better than this, you don't wanna hurt anyone, yeah?" I can't help but look up at that hammer and hoooope what I'm saying is true. "You don't wanna hurt me... and you don't wanna do this anymore. Don't let them mess things up for you even more." I put my hands back in my pockets and look up at him. This whole thing is so strange. I just made some cheesy speech. He could crush me with that hammer. I wasn't even a bit sarcastic. "Yeah?" I just hope I made the right decision to get out of bed today.

<nil_> Mix-Up Comfort / Support
<nil_> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> nil_, 5+1 = 6
+1 from Assess: 'US Caesar doesn't want to hurt innocents' for a result of 7.
GM: On a hit, they hear you: they mark potential, clear a condition, or shift Labels if they open up to you.

nil. fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Jun 17, 2016

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Eagle J & Mix-Up - Eagle J, your uh, provoking does get some result, as he stops midway through his jump, grabbing his hammer from the next floor... and then dropping right back down between all of you, hammer slung over his shoulder like it was literally nothing, his hand going up to point at you, "Do I America? Do you? Is America these towers, where men crush others without even seeing their faces? Is America families going hungry because their bosses need a new penthouse?!"

Mix-Up, he seems like he almost... almost wants to listen to you, he watches you through your speech and there's no interruptions, his hammer moving tothe ground and his... uh, large hand - woah was he that big when you first got here, it's like he somehow grew three feet, and now his hand is the size of your face, and he's trying to pat your head, "Kid, there's more than me who need this. And you should just back off. Because this is for grown-ups. Just go back to school." Holy poo poo, he somehow looks like he has gotten another six inches in just time time he was talking to you, "I don't want to hurt anyone here, so just stay out of my way. Tell your leash holders that I was too strong, and go back to school."

(He Chooses not to open up :*( ))

Everyone - Well, that didn't work. And he's getting away, because he appears to have just abandoned his sledge hammer completely, and... wow, judging from the sound, he went through at least two other floors in one jump. You can hear the screams from above you as people panic, and your phones go off once more, this time not even letting you answer them before Frankie starts yelling, "Team, are you alright? I just saw Mix-Up flying out of the building. The... uh... Bodacious Barricade - wow that's a stupid name - the Drumpf licensed hero is on her way, but she was across town rescuing cats for a photoshoot and she'll be a bit.

We need you to hold off this villain, at least until she shows up. And... well, it would look even better if you could handle it without her. Make sure to watch out though, clearly he's a bigger threat than I thought. I'm keeping this line open, we've got people running analysis from facial recognition software, looking into anyone who might have a grudge. Once we've figured out what their Eccentricy is I'll get that info to you ASAP."
Frankie seems to actually, legitimately care about you guys. She's obviously trying her best to help out as much as she can.

Those of you who keep track of other heroes - and really, who doesn't - know that Barrier is uh, kind of a joke in the heroing community. Danielle seems to enjoy paying her to do menial things for photoshoots, and she is more notable for her appearance in Maxim and Sport's Illustrated's Swimsuit Edition than for her actual heroics. That said, she is known to be incredibly powerful - she has a thus far seemingly limitless ability to absorb kinetic energy, and then return it. Her 'application' for heroing sponsorship involved her hiring a dozen Super Strength holders, to punch her for ten minutes. During this time, she showed no reaction, until she suddenly launched all of them across the room. Each and every time she has apprehended a criminal has been met with her flawless and unhurt - though she has had more than a few accusations of excessive force.

It's very, very doubtful that she will hold back against someone like... whatever you are calling him now.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: 0 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: -1
Burn: 2 | Potential: 0/5 | Location: Trump Donjon

She stood alone watching as everyone got plummeled and she heard the voice on the communicator. "Team, are you alright? I just saw Mix-Up flying out of the building. The... uh... Bodacious Barricade - wow that's a stupid name - the Drumpf licensed hero is on her way, but she was across town rescuing cats for a photoshoot and she'll be a bit. " They were heroes were they not? They were told to stop this hero...and it was clear that trying to talk him down wasn't working...she needed to think, and she needed to focus. She had to stop him, or at least try, to prove that her team was capable of it, and to prove to herself that she was a hero and not just some lackey. She had screwed up with her magic before, this time, she wasn't going to repeat the mistake.

"Sorry...Alexander Hammerton" she says as she raises her arms out and focuses on her staff. "I am going to get him to focus on me, make sure everyone is safe" she speaks into her communicator. She had practiced this for years, and she knew the movements for the spell. Her eyes shone with a bright red as she starts to chant her incantation for it, her previous channeling of her magic causes her body to burn with magical flames as she readies herself. "I AM SORRY SIR BUT I AM GOING TO HAVE TO STOP YOU RIGHT HERE!" She says as she sends a blast of her powerful explosive magic right at the man in front of her, she wanted to prove herself dammit, everyone else was strong, smart, or brave, and here she was just getting thrown around like she was worthless, well it stops right here, and right now! She runs forward, her staff shining, and thrusts it into the back of the gentleman in front of her, releasing the full blast of energy from her magic into the gentleman.

quote:

Scarybagels using reality storm
Scarybagels !r 2d6+2
Krysmbot Scarybagels, 9+2 = 11
Scarybagels YES!
Scarybagels and I am spending a second burn not to cause any unwanted collateral damage
Scarybagels For direct engage The choices I make are Create an opportunity for your allies, and frighten the opposition

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 2, 2016

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

Potential: 1/5 | Location: Trump Donjon

At first I'm just glad he's not crushing me with his hammer, and I even hold back my 'yeah, kinda' after he asked Eagle J whether we live in, well, an unfair America, but then he speaks to me and... tries to pat my head? With his giant, giant hand, did he grow in the meantime? But he's patting my head and talking to me as if I, I don't know, just told him I want to be an astronaut when I grow up or something like that! He's not taking me seriously at all! Yeah, because this is for grown-ups, apparently, and everyone knows only grown-ups can have opinions. I mean, I try to give him a chance and, like, talk to him, uh, hero to man and he treats me like that? I bet I'm his biggest supporter here but noooo, you're too young, so it's not like I can be serious about anything. This is just bullshit.

Well, on the other hand, getting him to listen might still be the best way to end this without more destruction and... wait, wait, did he just say 'leash holders'?! That does it! I raise my finger and puff myself up. "Now listen, Mix-Up is nobody's-" But I don't think he was listening and... just jumps through the ceiling and leaves his hammer behind, and literally leaves me in the dust. I cough and cover my mouth with my arm, this drat dust! I open my eyes again - they're only watering a little from all this stuff in the air - and can see some colorful bolt of magic from Circe flying after US Caesar. Or are we using Alexander Hammerton now? I look up through the hole in the ceiling, several ceilings actually, and shake my fist. "Mix-Up is on nobody's leash, do you hear?" I don't think he does though.

That could have gone better. I turn around to face the rest of the team, kind of embarrassing. "Nice work on the magic, Circe!" Yeah! Everybody pay attention to that instead. Oh, Frankie is calling us and that is perfect timing. "I'm fine, no sweat." It's kind of cool that we have Frankie and not some corporate stooge. Well, not a direct corporate stooge, anyway. Oh, the Bodacious Barricade? I have mixed feelings about her, buuuuuuut the big thing is that once she gets here, this won't be our show anymore. Which is uncool, we can totally handle him. Right? I mean, probably. Anaaand one other thing is that Alexander Hammerton probably won't get any understanding from her, actually, he might get seriously hurt. And I meant what I said to Eagle J, beating up the disenfranchised is kind of not that heroic.

I look at the team. "We gotta find him again, yeah? I mean, talking him down would be best, right, but if we have to take him down, better if we take him down. If Bodacious Barricade..." I can't help it, I have to snicker. Focus, Eddy, I mean, Mix-Up! I clear my throat, totally still the dust. "If Bodacious Barricade gets here, he might end up in a hospital or worse, and he doesn't deserve that." Even if he did treat me like just some kid. I mean, technically I am a kid, well, teenager - but I'm also a superhero! "Sooooo... are we calling him Alexander Hammerton now? I still think US Caesar is pretty good."

"Anywaaaaay..." I strike a pose and secretly have my invisible flying 3D cameras take a shot of me, maybe the Hobby Fanatic Factory will make it an action figure. Hobby Fanatic Factory is who's sponsoring me, which does not mean I'm somebody's lapdog, mind you! "I'm remotely hacking into the local security system." I could just walk over to that computer there, but doing it remotely with my nanomachines is a lot cooler, right? "I'll find him again in no time." Aaaaand maybe when I'm going through the Trump data systems, I'll aaaaaaccidentally stumble across some files on how they screwed over those construction workers - I don't know, tax... evasion... labor law, I don't really know a lot about that. I mean, in the whole chaos, you'd expect some security to become vulnerable and then, whoops, some sensitive files about the misconduct of this place get leaked and there's a public outrage and then those construction workers get some compensation. Those nefarious villains, am I right?

<nil_> Mix-Up Unleash
<nil_> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> nil_, 5 = 5
Marking potential.

Uh, this isn't going so well. "One second." I actually walk over to the computer, doing it via the nanomachines was maybe a bit too fancy after all. "Can't find him on security cams right now." Which is technically true, as I haven't gotten that far through this security yet and can't access the security cam feed. Maaaaan. "Miiight actually not work out, can you believe their password is not actually 'password'?"

nil. fucked around with this message at 18:00 on May 28, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Oh Christ. Not her. She's like, a total embarrassment to the profession. I heard one time it was raining and the repelled energy from the raindrops cut the straps for her top. That's probably just a rumor though. No one can be that bad at managing their power can they? Well I hope we wrap this up quick. The annoying one had a plan or something? I'm not really paying attention. I whip out my phone. I want to see if I can get some more info on this Soros sponsored demonstration. Some security footage had already hit the internet so Grandpa's usual haunt is already buzzing over it. Ew MolonLabe69 really needs to work on his language on complimenting a lady, he was born in '69 he really shouldn't say hot about anyone my age. Right so half the board has Prosopagnosia or something. But the wisdom of crowds or something usually takes and someone will know what's up.

Pierce the mask on the bad guy. 8. What are you really planning?

Okay looks like I might have a name? I troll around the social media to see if anyone called that left some manifesto or something. This guy seems, totes dramatic so he probably put up a big screed.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Eagle J
Pot: 0/5 Con: --

"Listen, chum! This isn't the real American way! We're trying to help people just like you are! But causing panic and hurting people isn't the way to do it! Just put down the hammer and maybe make a petition or something. Do some grassroots activism."

I make sure to keep my distance from whatever the hell we're calling this guy, because I don't think I can handle another hit from him.

Going to Provoke him to become a REAL AMERICAN HERO:12
That went well.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Corsage

"That went great." Alexander does a bit of stretching. That knock really gave him some knots. "Shame I didn't bring a tulip. Still, with eyes like these it shouldn't be a problem." He looks up and after a moment to prepare he bounds upwards, floor after floor, pursuing Hammerton.

Rolled 7 to Unleash Powers to that I might pursue the baddie.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Mix-Up: So, good news and bad news: The good news is you do manage to get into their system. The bad news is that the entryway turns a dark red color and alarms finally start blaring - it looks like you triggered something you didn't mean to...and now the first floor is flooding with a flame retardent foam liquid, each of the walls opening up panels and shooting it all over - and unfortunately for you, that computer was set up right in the firing line of the foam, and you get a nice bath as it blasts you with enough force to knock you to the floor. It's in your hair, it's in your ears, it's in your eyes, oh god, it's everywhere and it's hardening. You can escape it, but your outfit is probably utterly ruined. You also miss everything that happens next, as you deal with your mess.

Mark an appropriate condition :)

Everyone: Unless you move quick, it ruins your shoes - what a pain!

Circe: Your blast hits him head on as he hops up through the roof, and propels him up a few more floors - floors he'd already destroyed the path to. And then you waaaaaaaiiitt for it... and bam, the foam that is suddenly up to your ankles splashes all over as 'Hammerton' crashes back down to the floor after you launched him further up... only for the liquid to suddenly start draining as quickly as it pumps out of the jets... and you draining with it - it seems like for the second time Hammerton has crashed you down into the parking garage - this time using his face to make the hole -, and you bounce off the hood of a car roughly.

Take a Powerful Blow

Corsage: Hammerton is barely moving from his pile of rubble when you're already in his way. blocking both his view of Circe, and keeping him pinned where he is instead of running away. He's mad, and it's obvious with how he shouts, "You kids should have stayed out of the way of THE REVOLUTION - I didn't want to hurt you! But I see you're not just kids!" He grabs you by your arms, and seems intent to take you down. Uh oh, he's seriously pissed off - and you can feel your flower influence strength fading quickly - you wont be able to keep him pinned down here long!

Your being up in his grill is temporary and unstable~

Princess Patriot: Wow, you have to sift through a lot of really bad attempt to Doxx this guy - and more than a few people asking if we're sure he's really white and not secretly black or mexican - but one person seems pretty intent on spreading one message, claiming to know the guy - FckWmn1961 claims that this is some kind of union thug who liked to call himself 'One Man Revolution', real name 'Jack Anderson' - and how he is just an idiot lashing out at our Great Providers who Graced him with a Glorious Job for so long, and that he is an entitled- well, you get the jist. Either way, no one seems to think he's intending to do anything besides throw a temper tantrum over his totally fair release from working.

Eagle J: Your yelling distracts you for juuust a moment, and when you look again - holy crap, has this guy been 10 feet tall the whole time? He was only like, six two when you walked in, wasn't he? Now he's like, giant, and he's yelling back at you, "I was born hearing the cries of the discontent! The downtrodden! I was born hearing those around me starving, their hate for their bosses eating steaks... but I've more than heard it! I am empowered by it! Every man, every woman, every child who hates what I fight, I gain strength, I gain power. I am a ONE MAN REVOLUTION, AND AMERICA CRIES OUT FOR ME, don't you SEE?!"

Despite your words he intends to press on it seems - however, you can see the pain on his face as he yells back at you, and it certainly affected something. He looks almost ashamed of himself, but like he'd be more ashamed of backing down. Also he's wrestling Corsage in a bunch of fire-goop, that's still going on.

He's not willing to back down yet, but you've made a good argument, don't worry.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jun 2, 2016

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Powerful Blow posted:

Scarybagels !r 2d6+2
Krysmbot Scarybagels, 7+3 = 10
Scarybagels woot
I am going with Powers going out of control with this roll

The feeling of getting crushed by his head reverbates through her body as she limply bounces off a roof of a car. Sparks escape her body as blood drips off her forehead onto the floor below. Her breath was ragged, and her mind was unfocused. As she laid there her mind flowed back to home, the punishing training she undertook to control her powers, and yet...she watched as all that training came unwound around her. The rippling effect of her sorcery was clear with the cement cracking under her and spreading outward. The liquid puddled around her body, being forced away by the sheer magnitude of the destructive energy being released by her body, the good news is, that she will likely stop when the garage collapses on her, the bad news is, probably everyone else will have it collapse on too. Things are getting real, things are collapsing and she doesn't have control of her magic, a winning combination!

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jun 2, 2016

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

Freak: +0 | Danger: +1 | Savior: -2 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 3/5 | Location: Trump Donjon

Taking condition Insecure.

Haha, I knew I could do it. I'm in and all the dirty little secrets of the Trump Donjon will be at my fingertips in just a few seconds and - AARGHH! Whaaaaaat? Something knocks me down to the floor and some siren is blaring and pffttphhhh, something got in my mouth! Oh god, is that foam? Again?! The surprisingly powerful jet of foam is still pushing me along the ground like some horrible sticky water slide and ugh! Uuugh! It's getting in my mouth and my ears and it's just everywhere!

I swat at the foam still hitting me, without much effect, and only after a moment realize I'll have to get out of it's way. Side roll! Which might have looked cool if I wasn't covered in all this foam. Oh god! It's hardening! I quickly clean my eyes, then look down at myself - and realise that my cool coat is ruined! Or at least in a few second, once the foam hardens completely, it's going to make me go all stiff so I can barely move, liiiike I'm the, uh, Michelin man? That's a thing, right? I quickly throw away my coat - I liked that thing! I guess I can get another...

Sooooo, uh, what happened? I blink and try to collect myself, and keep the foam from getting into my eyes. I thought I had it, that getting into their systems would work out. It would have been perfect! And now I did this and I'm preeeeetty sure I can't play this off as 'yup, that's totally what I wanted to do'. Where are my frien- the others? Team mates! Oh man, did they get hit by that stuff too? Maybe I should have just stuck to trying to convince US Caesar to back down, I think it was working... Maaaaaan.

I stumble around and try to spot the others, all the while gingerly touching my hair. Do I have some sort of hardened foam afro? I am not cutting my hair off! There must be some sort of stuff to get it out, yeah? I finally think to bring up a holographic display for tracking the others, seems Corsage and Circe are the closest. I'll just head towards their two dots and - whoa! Almost fell! Why is there a hole in the floor? I knew there was one in the ceiling, but - wait, that's him! And he's wrestling with Corsage and... and... oh no, what's going on with Circe? Is she, is she bleeding? I freeze at the edge of the hole in the floor, looking down at what I now realise is a parking garage, but all I can see is poor Circe on the hood of a car, maybe unconscious, maybe not.

I, I suddenly feel angry, or helpless, or I don't know! I mean, it's not like it's because I messed up with the foam and certainly not because I maybe like Circe a bit more than some of the others, haha - not like I want to impress her or anything. I have to do something! Do I? I should wait, wait at least for Eagle J, and maybe US Caesar looking like he's now 10 feet tall is not an optical illusion because of the perspective but... no! I need to do something now!

So I jump down the hole, directly at US Caesar, some of my foam pellets balled up in my fist. He's not going to bat them back at me this time, not when I throw them at him when I'm right up in his grill, and Corsage can just deal with it if I get in his way! "I thought you were cool, but you're just a diiiiiiiiiiii-"

Taking rash action without talking to the team to clear Insecure at the end of the scene.

<nil_> Mix-Up Engage
<nil_> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> nil_, 5 = 5
Spending Team selfishly by ignoring team mates: Shifting Danger Up, Savior Down; Marking potential via 'Team? What team?'.
Shifted up Danger for a result of 6, marking potential.

But I totally misjudge the jump, hit Corsage instead, almost literally bounce off his muscles and fall onto the ground. "-iick! Ow!" Ouch, my back! My fist hits the ground, the foam pellets tumble out of it and of course explode and encase my upper arm in yet another foam bubble and maaaaaaaaaaaaan! Me and foam are not working out today!

I feel so stupid right now - I probably look really stupid right now - but there was a reason I jumped down here, yeah? "Uh, hey, Circe, are you alright?" Even though in retrospect maybe I should have waited and thought about this for just a second more...

nil. fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jun 17, 2016

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Corsage

Dead Nettle! This isn't supposed to happen anymore! Those cueballs at the IFF saw to that and more. He feels his strength flag and glances down at his Battle Bouquet and he gasps, how could he have not realized it sooner--these flowers have been chemically preserved. Only the freshest flowers provide the real power. He curses himself for his stupidity and swears to never do a shoot without fresh flowers again.

Mix-Up bounces off of Alexander's impeccable obliques. "Could you try not to hit me when I'm grappling with supervillians, buttercup?" He grasps Hammerton's forearms as the villain grabs him back. He needs to make this count while he still has the power. His legs fire like a cannon, shattering the already weakened marble floors, launching him and Hammerton into the air over the hole made by the villain's escape attempt. With a well-practiced heroic yell, he twists his body in mid-air, snapping Hammerton around like a whip--breaking the would-be revolutionary's grip and sending him hurtling to the ground like a shooting star.

Directly Engaging Hammerton. Rolled a 10; avoiding any counterattack and creating an Opportunity for my team.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Pot: 1/5 Con: --

"Listen, buddy, we gotta stop you from doing this, and darned if I'm gonna let that lazy woman take all the credit for this!"

I leap up to the upper level and prepare for the signature Eagle Drop!

Engage: 5

...However, I wasn't counting on Mix-Up tossing him away, and end up burying my foot in the floor.

"Aaaaaah! My foot!"

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jun 9, 2016

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Everyone: Circe lays on the ground, crackling with magical energy, a prismatic spray of colors coming over her as lightning cracks around her, creating a sort of barrier over her. This would all be very beautiful, if it wasn't for the fact that everywhere it touched it seemed to start disintegrating. The first victims - the car she hit and a support beam for the garage - slowly just eaten away, as if they didn't exist at all, and were just being erased, like a drawing done in chalk by water. It sort of... runs off, into the expanding prismatic magic flow.

Meanwhile, Corsage throws One Man Revolution like he was made of nothing but paper, sending him crashing into another wall. He seems dazed and confused, but as Mix-Up and Eagle J are... interrupted, the opportunity made by Corsage is ruined.

Circe: You can feel the energies flowing through you and it feels good, it feels like it's meant to be this way, like you should always be letting it flow like this. When was the last time your power flowed through this strongly, and how did you get it to stop then?

Mix-Up: You literally bounce off the glorious body of your teammate, and fall into the rubble. You are left staring at Circe, as she literally just deletes the world around her, it's like nothing you've ever seen. Whatever is going on though, Circe is at the middle, and she seems to be bleeding from that fall. How are you going to help her? Do you even want to help her? Is there any way someone like you can even help with something like that? She is making metal and concrete look like nothing - imagine what she could do to something as soft and squishy as a person.

Mark Afraid

Eagle-J: You actually get touched by some of that lightning - though not the brunt of it, and just the meet touch sends your attempt to attack The Revolution... well, it actually sends it on course, but not in the way you'd have liked it to - you are suddenly shot across the garage, and right into the exact spot Corsage had thrown the villain. The good news is he groans as you hit him. The bad news is, you got thrown pretty dang hard. How does it feel to know that your teammate is the one that hit you?

Take a powerful blow

Corsage: What do you do? You can chase down One Man Revolution, or you can go help Circe - or you could even make sure to warn the building to evacuate, if it hadn't already. You get the feeling that this garage isn't going to be stable long, and that could mean the whole building being more than a bit unstable. One Man Revolution seems to be staying down for the moment... but that might just be because Eagle-J is on top of him. What flower do you not have right now, that you wish you had access to?

Princess Patriot: Woah, good thing you stayed back, with how all this is going down. You're the only one still in the lobby, and you get the feeling that might be a far, far safer place than down there. Even worse though - the press appears to have decided to run into the building, and now cameras are pointed at you. More press - a good thing for your image, but a bad thing if they see one of your teammates losing control and doing more damage than the villain. What do you do to keep them under control?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Corsage
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

Alexander grins from ear to ear after that move. With those kinds of moves, he'll grab more sponsors in no time. But when he looks around, what he sees doesn't exactly look A-Grade. Half the team is tripping over each other and--BZZOW! A bolt of energy nearly gives him a haircut. Circe is running wild! If somebody doesn't stop her, forget about Hammerton--they'll all be buried in rubble. He jumps down, braving the blasts and calls to her, trying to look cool in the chaos. He maybe half-succeeds. "Circe--This isn't how heroes do things. Focus. This parking garage is not your enemy. That idiot who thinks taking apart some guy's building will bring down the government is your enemy--our enemy." He reaches over to put a hand on her shoulder--Big Hero Moment, he says to himself, hoping Circe won't fry him to a crisp.

Appealing to Circe's common sense to Support Someone. Rolled a 4.

I hope I have a hand after this.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Freak: +1 Danger: -1 Savior: +2 Superior: 0 Mundane: +1 Potential 0/5 Angry

Oh Jesus. They are really making a mess of it. Well I suppose I'll let the doofuses sort it out. That liberal criminal can have his fake victory and feel good about it for now. I need to deal with the vulture press first. I'm on my guard, I know how the gotcha media can be. I answer the first round of typical questions. I drop the guy's name to give them something to chew on. He wants his fifteen, yeah?

Ugh. They're flocking over me like buzzards. I've dealt with these scum for long enough not to let it show up I'm seething underneath. "For your safety you should probably clear from the area." That's the stock line to get these people away from me right?

Unleash Powers 9 Marking Angry

Using my Divine beauty to keep the cameras focused on me, away from the team

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 16, 2016

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

This feeling, the feeling of the world ending, of everything ceasing, it flows out like a blossoming flower, where as others are always so focused on creation, they always forget the important part of the equation, destruction. The evaporation of materials into their base components allows those components to be recycled into something more beautiful, more elegant. It was like that time when I woke to my power, stranded alone on an island, I got attacked by a bear, and knocked unconcious...a feeling of absolute bliss, the feeling of pure bliss from emptiness filled my mind. I traveled deep into the abyss until I came upon an obsidian door, the door between life and death it started to open and beacon me inside, to experience the real bliss, but...I knew my parents would miss me and I still had a lot of work to do then I awoke hours later to laying on a log in the middle of the ocean, the bear...gone, the island, gone. This feeling is so splendid though do...I really want to leave it?

I hear voices calling to me, but they don't understand the feeling that I get from being here...and I don't really want to leave it...not yet anyways.

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jun 11, 2016

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

My foam-encased arm sticks to the ground, but at least now I know what do do about my new nemesis, my own foam pellets: I make it slowly dissolve with my nanomachines, I mean, it's just them triggering the chemicals I built into the foam just for that, because, once again, nanomachines aren't magic! Though when I made the foam I thought it was more for releasing bad guys instead of myself...

What am I thinking about? I gotta stop spacing out, because, whoooaaaa - what is going on with Circe? It's like there's a bubble around her where everything is, uh, a watercolor painting and somebody is putting the painting into water. Or something! Honestly, it'd be kind of awesome if it wasn't so terrifying! I mean, what is that, some sort of quantum... something... effect? I watch a piece of the car Circe is close to just... wash away, like it never even was there. Better noooot get too close! I stagger to my feet and look around, still a little groggy. Where is everyone? Is that Eagle J over there? With our 'villain', who, right now doesn't look quite as dangerous as whatever is going on with Circe.

Eagle J will be fine for a second, right? Right. "Hey, Eagle, gotta take care of Circe going all magical Tetsuo here first! You're okay for a sec, right?"

Okay, it's up to Mix-Up! Gotta help Circe, I mean, that's at least part of why I'm here, yeah? Making sure everyone keeps their head on straight, it's not I like her more than the others or anything. So, how do I get through... to...her? Wait, Corsage just walked through Circe's magic bubble without getting disintegrated? Maybe I could... I take a small step towards them, but then I can feel one of my flying nanomachines moving towards her too and going offline just like that, and I shiver. Nope! Staying away from whatever that is! Just, just because it'd probably ruin what is left of my clothes, not because I'm scared or anything, haha.

And besides, taking things head-on isn't my style, someone's gotta be clever about this! Corsage gives it his best, and I think he kind of has the right idea - but I don't think he's getting through to her. And what's Princess Patriot going to do? Tell Circe that her family taught her that blowing up the rich is totally unamerican and that back in her great-granddad's day and blah blah blah? Nope, that's not how this is going to get done! Because right now, Circe looks really kind of into her magic powers. I mean, I get it, superpowers are awesome, but you gotta use them for good, yeah? And now I just have to tell Circe that and... uh, how do I tell her that?

For a long second, I just stand there dumbly in this half-ruined parking lot and I feel so ridiculous. I don't mean what do I tell her, but how do I get close enough so I can tell her over all this noise? Oh! Of course! Whatever magic is going on there isn't eating light, yeah? Holograms! I concentrate and make a hologram of me - well, with spotless clothing - pop up next to Circe, arm over her shoulder. You know, because we're friends. "Hey, hey, Circe, pretty cool magic, always knew you were maybe the most powerful one out of all of us." My hologram flickers and switches side, its arms now over her shoulder from the other side. "Aaaaaand now that you've dramatically powered up, you're gonna spring into action, yeah?" The hologram flickers again and jumps in front of her, strikes a pose and point into the direction of Eagle J and, uh, are we still calling him Hammerton? "Pretty Witch Circe! Protector of the innocent! Catches the bad guys and shields the defenseless!" Yeah, putting it on a bit thick about not injuring anyone.

My hologram shrugs and scratches it's head. "Kind of cheesy but..." It - and me at the same time - grins. "I like it." I put my hands on my hips and roll my eyes, teasing. "You couldn't pull off 'the irresponsible one' like me anyway. Go get them!"

<nil_> Mix-Up Provoke Circe
<nil_> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> nil_, 7+3 = 10
Mix-Up wants Circe to stop behaving irresponsibly / stop harming others and behave heroically.
If they do it, add a team to the pool; if they don’t do it, they mark a condition

nil. fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Jun 17, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wh-What the hell's going on?! Circe's going nuts! Yankee Doodle doesn't matter now!

....What does matter is that I'm currently pinned up against him and in quite a bit of pain.

"Go for it, Mix. I just gotta...regain my composure...." I give a weak thumbs up as I pry myself off the one true American and wobble in place.

George is gonna kill me for this.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Mix-Up - Your words don't seem to have much of an effect - Circe, if she can hear you, seems utterly ignorant to you calling out, and her power whirrs around her ever expanding. But as you finish your words, you hear something else groaning, behind you, pained, but there. You turn your head just in time to see a behemoth, rising.

Corsage - So... yeah, that was not the best ways of handling things, and your hand begins literally ripping apart as you move to touch Circe. The skin appears to be just getting straight up stripped off your hand, and you get a feeling that you wont even be able to pull it out, before it eats your whole hand. And then you are suddenly thrown backwards, an immense hand clapping down on your shoulder and tossing you back.

Take a powerful blow, friend.

Eagle J - You still owe me a powerful blow, so take this!!

You hear someone whispering, you're dazed so for a second, it confuses you, until you realize it's Revolution, saying a prayer of some sort. You are too dazed to even move as the man you are pinned against starts to stand up, setting you down into the rubble. One Man Revolution is up, and moving, and he just charged at your team - he's twice the size he was before, and with one hand he just sent Corsage flying across the parking garage, and right next to you - your buff teammate's arm is a bloody red, and his skin appears to be in tatters, especially closer to his fingers. But... it doesn't look incurable.

Circe - "Protector of the innocent, shield of the defenseless. Stupid kids." One Man Revolution looks exhausted, beaten to hell, he's bleeding a lot, and his massive arms... wrap around your magical surge of power, "There ain't nothin in the world more people agree on than saving kids." He says it through his teeth, as your magic starts to rip away at his arms - but at the same time, it appears to shrink, the convulsions forced back into you. You can feel the energy being pushed back into you, "Your friend's right. You wanna be a hero... you gotta be responsible." His whole body is shaking in pain, and then... the magic stops. "More responsible... than this... idiot." As he says these words, he collapses forwards - both of his arms a bloody mess, ten times as bad as Corsage's, like he'd gotten into a fight with a dozen gators.

Everybody - Well... that was certainly one crisis. But One Man Revolution is on the ground, Circe is under control... and... what is that groaning sound, that sounds like metal bending? It takes each of you a few moments to realize, in your own ways, what is going on - but the support that Circe had apparently took out, combined with the one that Revolution plowed through courtesy of Corsage.... well, it seems the structure isn't quite going to stay up much longer.

Princess Patriot - eOh, all eyes are definitely on you. Even eyes that don't need to be are on you. You see one camera man have to quite literally wipe away drool from their mouth, as you let your powers do their work. It actually takes a few moments before the rest of your statement starts going through to them, and one by one the groups of people slowly file their way out. Except for one reporter, a girl who couldn't be more than an intern. She holds a professional camera- and a pad of paper... and a pen.... oh, she... appears to have six arms, and is holding the entire suite of newscaster gear, including a microphone, "M-Ma'am! U-uhm, I-I mean, M-Madame Pa- I mean uhm, Madame Princess Patriot..." She stumbles over her words, "I-I'd like to interview you! I-I wont just run away u-unless I can!""

She doesn't seem like she's intent on leaving unless you let her interview you. On one hand, free exposure. On the other hand... she's refusing your direction. What do you do - and worse - you can feel the ground shaking just the barest bit under you... and she doesn't seem to notice at all.

((Timeline wise, Patriot's prompt ends before any of you notice the ensuing collapse, so she gets to make her choice regardless of what you do~))

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jun 17, 2016

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Corsage
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: None

"SHHHHH--SUGAR!" He shouts as the pain from his flayed hands finally hits him. With a trembling hand, near-useless, he unclips his Battle Bouquet, leaving only the dried white rose behind. With all the care and will he can muster, he puts the fresh flowers in his mouth and begins to chew. Yeah, he can definitely taste the preservative--but the essence is still there, beneath the chemicals. He chews slowly, carefully, breathing in the practiced way of a sommelier. Eating flowers won't help him, not exactly. But his power relies on his chemosensory senses--or so the monsters at IFF would say. All he knows is this: Smell and Taste are intrinsically linked, it's why food tastes like nothing when you have a cold. And its why he gets a massive, temporary boost to his powers when he chews a flower.

His hands itch as flesh and bone knit. A moment, he realizes he was lucky that he was knocked away when he was. He thinks he might be able to grow back a finger. They thought he might, at IFF, but he left before they could try--and he's not in a hurry to find out. Soon, he's as good as new, refreshed. He knows he'll pay for it later, though it's not nearly so bad as when he does Extracts.

"Alright, team--this place is coming down! Let's get the hellebore outta here." Corsage tosses Revolution and Eagle J over his shoulders and starts for the nearest exit. "I got you, J, don't worry.

Rolled a six on my Take a Powerful Blow roll and so I ate some flowers.

EDIT: Grabbing Eagle J too.

I Am Fowl fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jun 17, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Freak: +1 Danger: -1 Savior: +2 Superior: 0 Mundane: +1 Potential 0/5 Angry

I force a smile and speak through my teeth. "Sure. I'll just escort you to safety then I'll spare a moment for you." I take her by one of her wrists to lead her out. I'm already annoyed. And now she's trying to leverage her own safety to squeeze an interview out of me? Disgusting. I'd catch all the heat if something happened to her too. I know it. It's like herding cats, except most of them aren't even cute. Well this one seems nice at least. Way in over her head. "So you're the whole team? Who are you with?" Why would they only send such a newbie? Tch, they must not think it's a big story. It better not be because it's just us dealing with it. Maybe it's one of the papers that have a bad history with Trump.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

The power escalation was ended...by revolution, she was able to take control of herself again, and looked at the damage "Oh sweet cheese and crackers!" she mutters as she rushes over to Mixup and casts her shield spell "Come on, Let's get Eagle J and get out of here" She says desperately. She needed to make things right, and make sure no one else would get hurt by her blunder...so she was going to do what she could. She offered her hand to Eagle J "W-with my shield we will be safe if anything falls down on us, let's hurry though, I am getting a bit weak...and I don't think I can hold this shield up indefinitely..."

quote:

Scarybagels rolling Defend
Scarybagels !r 2d6+0
Scarybagels Krysm bot?
Krysmbot Scarybagels, 11+0 = 11
adding a team to the pool

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

Oh man, I don't think I'm getting through to her. It's because there's all this stuff going on, right, not because I'm not convincing enough. Yuuuup. That's it. It's all this magical...whirlwind... reality-erasing... stuff. Oh, jeez, Corsage! Ouch, ouch ouch, that looks bad! That's, uh, like a really nasty reality-roadrash! Wait, something behind me! Is it Eagle J? I turn around quickly, but even before I have fully turned, I realize that it's not Eagle J. For one thing, Eagle does not groan like that! Oh no! It's Hammerton!

I jump back out of instinct and raise my hands, even though that's not gonna help! "Hey, we're kind of in the middle of-" Wait, what is he doing? He's walking into Circe's magic destruction bubble, is he trying to finish off her and Corsage? Wait, no. No, he's... trying to save them. Even though I'm in some life-or-death situation, and I guess there shouldn't be time for that, I suddenly feel ashamed for having thought Hammerton was going to attack someone helpless. I thought that, and was mad at him earlier, and now he's... he's somehow draining the magic stuff from Circe, or blocking it, or something! I don't know why, but I have my invisible flying 3D cameras record the whole thing - obviously I'm not going to have the Hobby Fanatic Factory make an action figure out of this, but... I just know people wouldn't believe the 'bad guy' would do something like this. But it really messes him up, and I wince in sympathy as I see what it is doing to his arms. Oh man, that looks bad, really bad!

And then he's finished and for a second, it looks like he's going to stay up... but then he crashes down. Is it over? I... I don't feel great. Usually when we take down some bonkers villain, I feel great afterwards but... Hammerton, we didn't really defeat him, yeah? It's more like he.. defeated himself, and all of that by, well, outhero-ing us. Oh man. This is all so much more complicated than I thought it would be when I got the emergency call this morning! Oh! I rifle through my gadgets, I have some first aid spray here somewhere. Give some to Corsage, but most of it to Hammerton, because that's the least I can do, yeah? drat, was it in my coat I had to throw away?

But I'm interrupted by a rumbling, screeching noise and I look up, no longer caught up in my own thoughts. Oh no! This looks bad, the ceiling is going to come down and who knows what else with it! "Circe, Corsage, get out of there!" Circe seem to be, I guess, waking up, and at least Corsage's legs seem to be alright - but how am I going to get Hammerton out of here?! Oh man, if he'd get crushed by the building after what he did... it'd be terrible! And not just because it's, like, he's literally getting crushed by the overwhelming manifestation of excess he fought after giving his life's blood to... uh, what? Sorry, must have been reading too much about the Eternal Patriot! But! How am I going to get him out of here?

Suddenly, I have a crazy idea: I'm going to put my rebreather gadget on him, encase him fully in a ball of foam using my remaining pellets and just... roll him away! Genius! Maybe all this debris would get stuck in the foam - and now I'm thinking of a classic videogame - but I could do it! I have to try!

Oh. Corsage just threw him over his shoulder. Now, okay, his shoulders are pretty big, but Hammerton is bigger. How strong is he? "Nice, Corsage! We have to get him out of here too, yeah? I mean, right now, our team and him are both 50/50 on trashing the place and stopping the other from doing that, so maybe we can compare notes after all of this afterwards!" I frantically look around - there's Eagle J, could be in better shape but still standing. "Hey! Eagle J! Any idea where Patriot is? This place is coming down!"

Oh, hey, it's Circe, she's up again! 'Sweet cheese and crackers'? I can't help but laugh - I try to stifle it, but it ends up a stupid grin at best. Man, she's so cute... uh, I mean, I'm happy she's over her magic trance thing. "Oh, cool, protective bubble!" And then I notice she's sounding kind of frantic. I guess in a way, she did all this, but... it wasn't intentional, yeah? It was some weird magic thing. So maybe I'm thinking that and maybe being stuck under a magic bubble with Circe is like being with someone else under one umbrella when it's raining cats and dogs - but I put my hand on Circe's shoulder and give her a nod. "You got this, Circe." And then I give it a wink, being a little cheeky. "Trust me."

While we collect Eagle J, I once again call up my holographic displays in front of me so I can analyze the situation. Combined with the the ambient lighting of Circe's magic shield, it's quite the light show. But! Everyone is getting away, but Mix-Up is not giving up yet! If this building comes down, who knows how many people are going to get hurt? Aaaaaaaaaaand there's still the thing with getting into the donjon's systems and maybe uncovering some juicy dirt on what they did to Hammerton and all those workers, yeah? His messed up arms flash in front of my eyes and I again focus and try to find something, anything that can help me help everyone. And with everyone, I mean the people in this tower and Hammerton!

<nil_> Mix-Up Assess
<nil_> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> nil_, 8+3 = 11
  • What here can I use to minimize the harm to civilians (from the crumbling building)?
  • What here is the biggest threat?
  • Criminal Mind: What’s the best way in/way past (the donjon's system security)?

nil. fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Jun 23, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Taking a blow! 10!

As my teammates drag me out of the building, my vision starts to blur and I wipe some blood from my forehead. poo poo, I got roughed up pretty bad.

"We got the building evacuated....right? Everyone....get back....we'll....handle it...."

Alas, the pain is too much for me as I fall to my knees and lose consciousness.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Princess Patriot: She practically squees in delight as she rushes out the building with you, "We, uh, I was the only one still in the office, well me and the head editor, and then we heard about this and it was like, either no one makes it or I get to come, so I got to come, because like, I can totally handle it all on my own see! Oh, right, I'm Kayla!" She shows off all her arms and equipment, and the multitasking she is doing, as if you wouldn't have noticed the many arms before hand, "So uh, uhm, tell me a bit about yourself, and your team!"

Custom Move: Have An Interview
When you talk about your team and yourself to a reporter, roll + the label you want people to see your team as.
On a 10+ choose two, on a 7-9 choose one;

You're very convincing, even to yourself, the team can switch any one point into the label you choose.
You catch the eye of someone, you gain influence on an adult hero who respects that label
Someone dislikes your choices, an adult hero who dislikes that label loses influence over the team
You make yourself look the best, mark potential or clear a condition.

And hey, wait, is that Corsage getting even more attention than you are? What the heck is up with that!? You are clearly the most beautiful and worthy of attention, are you not?

Corsage + Eagle J's unconcious Body: You get out of the building easily, even with Eagle J AND Hammerton on your back - gosh, she's light as a feather to you, isn't she, so she barely compares to how heavy he is? Luckily neither of you really have trouble getting out - except that all these cameras are on you as you emerge, and people start to rush up to get an 'interview' with you, shoving each other out of the way, and evne shoving into you. This is almost certainly not good for Eagle J's already battered body, even worse, they aren't letting you get back in there to help with the building issue - and no one seems to care - what do you do about this crowd? And what do you do about Hammerton, after that last bit of action from him?

Circe: You don't even need to shield Eagle J as Corsage not only grabs Revolution but also your unconscious team leader, easily jumping out of there. How strong is he really - sure his pecs are glorious and his body looks like it might have been sculpted rather than natural, but carrying two people out of a building without trouble? The good news is that you get to stay and protect yourself and Mix-Up, who you can tell is very, very intensely focused. What do you normally think of Mix-Up and his plans? What do you think of him in general? And do you think you'll be able to protect him if the whole garage falls in?

Mix-Up - What here can I use to minimize the harm to civilians (from the crumbling building)?

One of the pillars is only partially destroyed - it looks like it's cracking fast, and is what is causing that groaning noise, but you think that maybe, just maybe, that if you could somehow stabilize that and fill those cracks, you could keep the whole place from coming down, and thus keep everyone from being hurt. You think your foam might be able to make a temporary fix, good enough to let some of the many construction robots that caused this whole mess to get everything under control. Of course, if your foam can't hold it, you might get caught up in it all...

What here is the biggest threat?

Honestly? You're pretty sure it's Circe - she is clearly powerful in a way that is more scary than comforting... and while she seems to be doing s good job of just redirecting some of the falling rubble from you two... If that had gone on a little longer, this whole building would already be on your head. Besides that though, the biggest threat is the immediate collapse of the garage - you don't know if it will destabilize the actual building enough to bring it down right away, knowing skyscraper construction it probably wouldn't.... but you're in the garage, not the rest of the building, and it's going to come down unless stopped.

Criminal Mind: What’s the best way in/way past (the donjon's system security)?

At the same time, if you wanted to, the place is in enough disarray that any hacking attempts would probably be basically unnoticed - sure, you might struggle to get both the garage taken care of and the hacking done, but you did get into the network briefly before, and it seems like no one's reset it - maybe whoever is supposed to be handling network security got out of the building. Either way... you could get a lot of terrible secrets off those computers, if you did it right now. Or even set it up so the video of Hammerton's heroics got out by force... though that might make Circe look kind of bad!

Whichever you do though, you'll need to do it fast... can you trust Circe to keep the building up, so you can get a chance at this great info?

Eagle J - The world is a daze as you pass out, and awaken... in your first day of training with Eagle G! It's flashback time - tell us all about your first training session with him, and about how you got hurt during training that time, as well as how you impressed him. What valuable piece of advice did he give you, that you still remember today?

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 23, 2016

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

'Crap this is all my fault... I know it is...' She thought as right now she focused on protecting Mix-Up and oh hey is that Corsage carrying Eagle J? That was a relief she thought. Corsage did look pretty good from where she was standing seeing how strong he was. How strong is he? Considering the punishment he took and the strength he exhibits, clearly at least as strong as a rampaging hippo, but shoot he did look really good. Like really good. She bets her friend Michiru would love to sink her teeth into Corsage She clears her mind and look around. Her friend was after all boy crazy and would often go with her and Princess Patriot to go stare at the hunks in the mall. It was all in good fun though, but Michiru would definitely get frustrated at the fact that Ami would never ever go flirt with the boys, telling Michi that she had only one boy in her mind, and that boy was...

She shakes her head to clear her mind, now was not the time to go day dreaming...she was here with Mix-Up and she had a job to do. Normally she would worry that Mix-up by their name alone would be the downfall of their own plans and sometimes he really was. But Mix up was...cute...really cute. And so easily forgivable with his puppy dog eyes when things go round, oh geez, she hides her face, clearly blushing from the thought of Mix-Up. "I can protect you as long as you need Mix-Up...and I can help do whatever you need..." she says "I..I am sorry for screwing everything up...whatever plan you have let's do it quickly so that we can get out of here and keep the skyscraper save" she nodded, that was the right thing to do at this moment and she needed to get her mind and feelings back on track...even if she was right next to...

Of Course, Princess Patriot is up above probably doing an interview while everyone else tries to protect the building. Honestly if it wasn't for the team building, and the fact she really liked going to the mall, she would hang out with Princess Patriot less..she always was so snooty and bigoted towards Circe's practice. She knows all about the US's actions towards witches, with the Salem Witch Trails and all the harm to wiccans who aren't even witches. It was her fault that her powers went out of control, she knew it and she would take full responsibility for it. She needs to learn to work with the team gosh darn it!

She thought back to Michi, she would be so sad to learn the damage that she caused and she sighs and looks down, trying to keep herself composed, and assesses the situation she currently finds herself in.

quote:

Scarybagels Assessing the Situation
Scarybagels !r 2d6
Krysmbot Scarybagels, 9 = 9

my question
How could we best end this quickly

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jun 23, 2016

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

Freak: +1 | Danger: +0 | Savior: -2 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 4/5 | Location: Trump Donjon Parking Garage

Okay, so, it's a good thing I can focus on my holographic displays with some seeeeriously distracting stuff going on around me - so who ever said playing video games never taught me anything! Juust focusing on the task at hand and tuning out the stuff around me, may that be Circe and Circe's magic lightshow and the building actually crumbling around us... or my parents telling me to do my chores, haha. But, whoa, all kidding aside, I'm kind of proud of myself that I'm keeping my head during all this - but that's what a superhero should do, yeah? Which is all well and good, but stuff is still pretty freaky, I mean, I do not want to think about being buried alive in some rubble! But, keeping it cool, Mix-Up, yuup.

I briefly glance over to Circe, still close to me under her magic shield - if I had to get buried and get stuck under rubble for several hours while the rescue team digs us out, I could do worse than being stuck with Circe. I think I still have some high-energy snacks among my gadgets, and, it wouldn't be so bad.

But, getting off track here! It's time to try and safe the day! Or... maybe just keep the day from getting ruined further. I re-focus and go through different data-readouts across my holographic displays in front of me with several swipes of my hand. So, that pillar over there is the thing currently under stress and crumbling because of it, and if it goes down - which is going to be really soon - who knows what else is going to go with it? We never really got to making sure everyone was evacuated, aw man. Anyway, the structural analysis shows that I could probably still keep the pillar from giving out. Proooobably. With my remaining foam pellets. Once again, quite the few ups and downs with my foam today. But I am not picking a new superhero name like 'The Foam Syndrome', because that is ter-rib-le! Anyway, I don't think I'd even consider doing that if Circe wasn't around - because of her shield, not because I feel like I have to be extra-heroic or anything!

Speaking of Circe, though... it's kind of unscientific, but this, uh, kind of improvised 'magic readout' is telling me that she's pretty much the most dangerous thing here. I mean, theoretically! Basically, it just means she's really powerful, yeah? Though there was that thing with her almost losing control and just... erasing reality, that was a bit, if I'm honest, scary. I again look over at her, and I don't want to be afraid of her, but... and then she turns towards me and apologizes and tells me she'll protect me for as long as it takes and again, I have to smile. It's so sweet! What was I thinking about? Circe dangerous? Pff, maybe, but that just means we have to try harder to use that for something good, yeah? Oh, huh, is it just the light from all the magic and holograms or is she blushing...? I can't help it, I have to laugh for just a second. "Thanks, Circe!" And then I take her hand in mine and, uh, oh! Of course I did that because I wanted to point to the crumbling pillar we need to stabilize with both our hands! Of course! "Don't worry, I have a plan!"

"We need to keep that pillar from crumbling... I'm gonna use my foam pellets, it should be good enough for a little while!" Oh! I press some of the foam pellets into Circe's hand too, you know, just in case - another reason why I took her hand into mine! Right, right, right. "And you can make sure I don't get knocked out by some falling stuff, because..." I jokingly roll my eyes and point up to my hair, which I am still pretty sure is currently a foam afro after what happened earlier. "...that doesn't count as a hard hat." I grin. "Maybe you can do some magic stuff to keep it up too?" I don't know what it is... but I feel like I should say more. I think Circe still needs a pep talk - and right now, it's just me here, right? I mean, that's why it's up to me, not that there's isn't anyone else around to hear what I am going to say or anything. "And don't worry, we can clean this up, no problem, together. I know you didn't mean for any of this to happen, yeah?"

We move towards the pillar and I start stuffing the pellets into the cracks, reprogramming them to burst with less force and instead slowly fill out every space available instead, again via the holographic display floating just in front of me. And all of the while, I can't help but glance at the display I am still keeping open, the one outlining the current state of the donjon's network security. It's totally in disarray and it'd be sooooo easy... And wouldn't I be helping more people by uncovering whatever dirty secrets they are no doubt hiding and avenge Hammerton? Well, 'avenge', it's not like he's... he's going to be fine, right? I sigh. But I can't just ignore the danger to the people in the building. Hammerton had a big plan, some big ideal too - and when he saw some immediate danger to someone, he couldn't help but do something, even if it messed with the bigger stuff.

Man, I'm getting distracted! Some of the foam pellets are popping before they are supposed to, must have reprogrammed them wrong, and I have to pull my hands out of the sticky mess and it's making me a little frustrated. "Maaaaan, this would be so much easier with the whole team." Is Circe listening? I'm not sure. "I mean, I can understand if you're knocked out, but where are the others?" I make a hologram of Princess Patriot and Corsage appear nearby, both leisurely lounging on the rubble and watching me, giving me a silent thumbs-up while checking something on their phones. I shake me head and make them disappear again. Whatever, I trigger the foam pellets to more gently release their foam and there, I think I got it done, the pillar should be stable for a little while. And all of that, all on my own!

<nil_> Mix-Up Unleash
<nil_> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> nil_, 5 = 5
Using team selfishly (insulting teammates), shift Freak up (was 0) and Danger down (was +1); marking Potential via 'Team? What team?'.
+1 from shifted up Freak, +1 from Assess: Pillar needs to be stabilized for a result of 7.
Marking a condition (Hopeless) to not make the effect unstable/temporary.

Well... not all on my own, really. There's Circe and, to be honest, if she wasn't here I'm pretty sure I would have run away already. For just a moment, I get down on my haunches and take a deep breath because, man, this whole thing feels like some sort of weird rollercoaster of not getting anything right and having to get everything right. Like everything I did just is going to lead to things blowing up in my face a little later. But, pfff, that's stupid. I'm awesome! I look up at Circe, grin and give a thumbs up. We're awesome! Yeah?

nil. fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Jun 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

She stood with Mix-Up, did he actually grab her hand?! 'Oh My god! He is! Mix-up Grabbed my hand oh my gosh, oh my gosh! Is he asking me out...no...no I need to keep it together...I made this mess' She looks around there is rubble all around, enough to repair the pillar. She looks to Mix-Up "Listen...I know I messed up and I can deal with the peptalk later or the yelling at later, but I need you to trust me; after we are done...we can go back to holding hands" her blush was deeper than the red on a tomato.

She looks at Mix-up, the silly billy, and smiles "Maybe we can go to a dance or something that sounds like great fun, is the building secure, and have we done all that we need in here?"

• Locked thread