Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nil.
Nov 11, 2012

Freak: +1 | Danger: +0 | Savior: -2 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: +1
Afraid | Angry | Guilty | Insecure | Hopeless
Potential: 4/5 | Location: Trump Donjon Parking Garage

Reeeeeeally fortunate I'm already done with fixing the pillar because I bet if I was still doing that, what Circe is saying would have totally distracted me and I would have grinned like an idiot - and then something stupid would have happened like the pellets exploding and making me stick to the pillar and I would have looked like a total fool! And maybe get buried too. But as it is, it's just the grinning. Okay, I'll be honest, I'm not following every single thing Circe is saying 100% - didn't I already say I don't blame her, why is she asking me to trust her? But, whatever, I get the message, I mean, talking isn't just words, yeah? Like with a song you never heard before, you may not get all the lyrics the first time - maybe especially if the song and has a killer melody, but you get what it's about, yeah?

Okay, what I'm saying is that Circe is telling me to trust her and that we can go back to holding hands and we can go to a dance. And most importantly, even if she didn't say aaaaany of that, her blushing like that would tell me everything. What she really meant, yeah? I don't actually blush myself, though then again, who am I to talk: don't think I could switch of this grinning either! "Aw, come on Circe, of course I trust you! And all this..." I look around at the destruction and wave my hand. "...sure, could have gone better, but you did your best, yeah? And not like you did this on purpose! Well, anyway." I pull myself up and put my hands to my hips. "There won't be any yelling from me." I give her a wink.

"Aaaaand are you asking me to the dance?" I put my hand over my heart, mock-scandalized. "I don't know..." And then once again break out in a grin. "Only if you promise not to beat yourself up about all of this anymore." Oh man, turns out it was totally the right decision to get up today! "Ah, you drive a hard bargain, okay then!" I put my hand to my chin. "You know what you need? You're all stressed out, what do you say after this we ditch the others for a little? Because, yeah, I'm pretty sure if we go with them there's a gooood chance of some lectures or press conferences or whatever. Totally not what you need right now. If you want, I'm pretty sure I packed some... relaxation aids..." I pat my pockets, but only find actual gadgets - smoke bombs are not the kind of smoke I had in mind. "Somewhere here!"

Planning to find easy relief by ditching the others and hanging out (and perhaps toking up) to clear Hopeless at the end of the scene.

I shrug. "Or whatever. Some 'you' time, yeah?"

Oh. She said something else, asked whether we're done with everything here. Can't forget about Hammerton, even though things going so well with Circe almost did the trick. I scratch my hair - no, wait, the foam all over my hair. "There's one thing I want to do still..." I'm not joking around right now, and my voice shows it. How do I explain this to her? Or should I? "You know how you think you need to make amends because of, well..." I bob my head and shake my hands at the general surroundings. "The thing I need to do, it'd be like that if I didn't do it, you know?" I shake my head, I'm pretty sure that made not nearly enough sense. "Anyway, trust me, it's just one small thing and then we'll be out of here!" I smile.

nil. fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jun 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: 0 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: -1
Burn: 2 | Potential: 0/5 | Location: Trump Donjon

She nods and her blush fades, after all that whole ackwardness was over and he got her back on track. She listens to his words carefully and nods "Do whatever you need to do, I will be sure to keep an eye out for you incase anything happens" She takes out her staff and begins to draw incantation circles in the area, each circle connected to two other circles, forming various triangles. The circles would light up if there is immediate danger but otherwise she was just wasting time while mixup did what he needed to do.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

F +1, D -1, Sa 0, Su +2, M +1
Pot: 1/5 Con: --

That's right...this is George Garret's training facility at his mansion. This was the day he decided to let me become a hero, I'd never forget it! I was so excited, I could hardly stay still!

"Aright, Janet, before we start our training proper, I want to get a feel for your abilities. As you can see, I've set up a series of progressively higher hurdles along the track. I want you to jump over as many as you can as quick as you can. If you're not sure of one, feel free to stop."

"Y-Yes, George! I got this!"

No way was I gonna stop. I could do anything, I have Eagle G by my side!

Okay, so the first few hurdles weren't too hard, and I even impressed him by doing some flips over the 10 foot hurdle.

"Impressive, but don't overreach!"

Then we started getting to 25 feet up, and, well, I kinda juuuust didn't make it and got my foot caught on the hurdle, causing me to twist my ankle and nearly plummet to the ground, had George not caught me.

"Yikes, Janet. I told you not to overreach. Know your limits and work within them, not beyond them."

....I guess I kinda worked beyond my limits back there at the building...

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Freak: +1 Danger: -1 Savior: +2 Superior: 0 Mundane: +1 Potential 1/5 Angry

"A bit about myself? Oh my it's been too long since I've honestly been asked to introduce myself. Gosh, with all the exposure through Freedom Commander everyone thinks they already know me." I giggle, it comes off as a bit forced because it is. "Well." I salute and do my practiced pose with the torch. "Princess Patriot here to ward our homes from tyranny." I wink with a winning smile. It's all rote. "With me on the scene no one was in any real danger. And naturally we all minimized injury. My team mates Corsage the Flower Master of the Four Seasons, Mix Up the Obfuscatior, Pretty Witch Circe the Love Colored Super Nova, and Eagle J the Never Say Die Enforcer of Justice wasted no time in subduing the threat. I-" I put my hand on my chest with my eyes closed. "Found a trail online leading to the culprit's identity to sniff out any surprises he might have had for us. Then, I ensured that the press were not endangered getting so close to the action. It was a routine take down, but that's good. Surprises in this line of work are rarely pleasant. The people can sleep easy knowing we'll see to it that no harm comes to them."
"Well then." I let up on my rigid posture. I know slouching is unbecoming but honestly it's a bit emotionally exhausting to be on eggshells like I have to when I'm on the clock. "That's all you needed right?" I look at the team and frown. Looks like it's still a bit of a mess. Everyone seems to be hovering around Corsage? Well he seems like a natural leader for the rough half of the work. That's why we're a natural pair. Really they're all lucky they have me to massage the vultures. I'm sure Circe would have been mortified to see her whatever that was on the news. I'd be mortified if I saw my costume cut on live television and I'm sure that's only half as embarrassing as what she did. Well they're all learning right? I have plenty of practice through my folks. So I'll cut them some slack. "Maybe you can interview the others sometime? I'm sure they wouldn't like an entire crew present. I know myself it can feel pretty oppressive." I fan my face at the thought. "I should get back to them."

Savior 10. Catch the eye of an adult hero, and mark potential.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Corsage
Freak +1 | Danger +2 | Savior 0 | Superior +1 | Mundane -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: None

Paparazzi--the worst thing to find when you need an ambulance. Such a shame--never around when you want to be bothered, only when you don't; like a sudden rain just after you watered the garden. He flashes the cameras a winning smile as he repositions Hammerton and his maybe-someday-kinda-something-I-don't-know Eagle J. A thought suddenly pops into his head that almost breaks his smile: This is the closest you've ever been to her. He squashes it quickly; how unheroic, how unchivalrous a thought! He quickly endeavors to forget it ever happened as he takes a few steps back, readying himself for another leap. "I'd love to chat--but these two need medical attention right away. Wouldn't exactly be heroic to leave them waiting, now would it." He runs and with the grace of a trained dancer, leaps over crowd and bounds towards the waiting EMTs.

I jump over the crowd and rush these two to the EMTs.

Since I have a protector relationship with Eagle J, this roll gets a +1. I rolled a 13--so this is going to look fancy.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Everyone: The situation seems resolved, and through a mix of talent, intelligence, magical power, and charm, you have, as a team, navigated all obstacles - and looked good doing it. Hammerton is rushed off to the hospital, and Eagle J as well - though in different directions - standard hero treatment is to never put a hero in the same hospital as a villain they just had taken down, after all! Too many revenge plots and collateral damage and stuff. Meanwhile Kayla is happy as a clam, the building is stable, and hey, everything worked out. Now just to get back to base, and get your praise on - or in a couple of cases, getting to the hospital.

--------------------

Alabaster Health Center

Eagle J - You're the only one who doesn't get to go back to base, instead you wake up to the cold, white light of a hospital ceiling. And as soon as your eyes open - whack, a flick to your forehead that hurts, - wow, your whole body actually hurts pretty bad now. Eagle G doesn't seem amused as he stands over you, having just flicked you in the head, "J!" Both his arms are on his hips, and he stares at you solidly, looking very upset with you. "What have I told you about overreaching? You don't know how lucky you are to get the healing you did - six broken ribs, a fracture in your ankle, and your brain knocking against your skull? You should be stuck in bed for six months! I almost wish they hadn't healed you up, so you'd learn a lesson!" Despite his words, it's clear that he was worried about you, and your mentor lifts a hand to rub at an eye - clearly not crying or anything.

His next words are more gentle, and quieter, "I'm proud of you for getting out there and doing good work. I saw your teammate on the news. I'm glad you were busy actually doing some work, instead of just trying to look good for cameras." Ever the independent hero, he gently pets your hair. "Your friend's in the hall, I'll send him in. The nurses said you should rest for a few hours, because healing isn't as simple as it looks."

Corsage - They didn't let you ride in the ambulance - something about you being too large (Or maybe he said you were the size of a barge?) but it's not hard for you to keep up with an ambulance in a big city, is it? Sure, you might get called out for not going back to base for debriefing, but who cares, Eagle J is hurt, and you need to be there to make sure things turn out okay. You get a few looks as you go through the city, and more than a few pictures are being taken of you - isn't that nice? Too bad you don't have time to sign any autographs - there's more important things, aren't there?

By the time you get there and they get you confirmed as a teammate of hers, the very notable Vitalizer, hero among doctors is already tending to her! With the power to speed up the body's healing processes by ten thousand times, he's known as the most prominent healer in hero society. You get to watch as twisted bones and bloodied body turns to... normal. "By the power within mine body, I say to your injury nay, for this day is not yours to take this girl from us!" He is also known for being very... very overdramatic whenever he does his work... Though, how do you feel about looking over your teammate, beaten, vulnerable, - maybe you saw yourself out of the room, so as to not be uncouth? Regardless, the healing is miraculous - and as soon as it's done, you are forced out of the room by Eagle G anyways! How dare he make you sit in the hallway!

He's leaving, however, and gives you a dip of his head, leaving the door open for you to go in.

BACK AT CORPORATE ALLIANCE HQ

The three of you are greeted by someone unexpected - Crimson Crusader! One of the most iconic heroes of bygone ages, and the only still active member of the first generation of Gifted today. The first instance of a technopath, he became well known for his ability to turn anything into shields for those who need it. It is said that during the Great War his body was destroyed, and by pure chance he managed to upload his entire being into a computer system he was connected with. Now, almost eighty years old, he fights crime to protect those weaker than him, his Gift lost to time, but his genius intellect creating a body of great power for him to use in his endless crusade against EVIL!

Pointing at you dramatically, he blocks the doorway into the HQ, his mask suddenly lighting up as a voice echoed from him, robotic in tone, and yet at the same time somehow cheesily excited - "You, heroes of today, and of tomorrow! I watched as you battled on this day, and as you saved the day from one of great power! I was inspired by the brave acts of such young heroes in training, you remind me of my own sidekick, so many years ago! You clearly understand what it means to be a hero - to protect people, more than to simply beat up the villain! And for that reason....!!!! He pauses, dramatically turning his back, and raising his arms up to flex, head turned to the side so that he could 'look' at you, "I, the Crimson Crusader shall be providing training for you!"

Patriot Princess - Okay, so clearly you are the one who caused this, with how you exemplified your team's abilities - as well as your own. I fact, you can't tell since he lacks eyes, but you -think- he is looking at you more than the other two. What's your family's opinion on Crimson Crusader? And yours? He is the oldest still active hero around, so clearly he doesn't lack experience, but can he really train you, when he's just a robot body? And as you check your pockets, you find a note -

quote:

"Thank you!

Here's my number, maybe you can call and we can hang out - help make you more famous, and help me get a leg up in the job?

Kayla <3

You either have someone with a crush on you, or someone who wants to use you, or maybe even both. Still, she used her own safety to get that interview out of you - are you even going to bother remembering her number?

Mix-Up - You lost your chance to hack the Drumpfs while their systems were distracted, but you saved the day, and no one got hurt (well, besides J and Hammerton and kinda Corsage and also you sorta and maybe Circe - okay, maybe some people got hurt). Better yet, it seems like Circe might be a little taken with you, you get the feeling that it's kind of like the Corsage situation - obviously he likes your team leader, right? But gosh, how are you going to deal with this dorky old timer? Do you think he's right about what the most important aspect of being a hero is, or do you think there's more to it? Speaking of being a hero - how are you going to get Hammerton's heroic moments out there - or are you even going to, since it will make your team look bad?

Circe - So you managed to get through a whole fight without destroying an outfit, or otherwise embarrassing yourself - sure, you destroyed plenty of other things, but hey, that's not as bad as making yourself look foolish in front of Mix-Up, is it? Though you still can just barely remember the look on his face as you went out of control, that look of fear, even though he tried to help you. How are you going to make him feel better. And what do you think of this Crimson Crusader guy - he's a famous, senior hero, so that's great... but training? Wont that cut into your time to spend with Mix-Up?

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jun 30, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

She gave me her number? Ew, wait well it was just to hang out. I uh don't know why I jumped to conclusions right away there. But I hope this is an exception with her reaching into my pocket. She should respect people's personal space. I wouldn't want all those hands reaching... Ugh, why did I think of that. Anyway! I have no intention to call her without good reason. If only I want to sit on it so she doesn't get any ideas. That girl is too willful for her own good it seems. I'll let her stew and calm down.

On a more pleasant note it seems my broadcast went really well! CC being here is very exciting. My folks never interacted with him much because he is a technocrat and we are staunch traditionalists. But you can't only look backwards. That's what Dad understands. The trick is to keep the wisdom of our forefathers, but not just blindly follow their words. That's what Dad likes to say. I mean, we don't stone disobedient children like in Leviticus anymore. We have better ways to deal with deviant behavior in this modern society. My Tireless TorchTM is the first synthesized artifact used by the family, so I'm the first step of the Minuteman Commander brand stepping into the future. Dad and uncle Dalton used old writings to recreate the process to consecrate an object. I think it's the perfect example f how things should be done. And training from CC is another example. The wisdom of a forefather but taking modern context into consideration.
"I would love to receive training from you!" I grin and give a curtsy to properly greet the senior hero. "It is an honor to even be blessed with the offer, I dare not refuse it." I rely on equipment for the job, and CC doesn't exactly has physical abilities to rely on himself so I think this might work out well. Right? Well if not I'm sure he has plenty of experience with management too. Really I want to brand out the brand and he should know how to do that. We have a very loyal but concentrated following, and I don't think most of it is long for this world. That suits grandpa and Syl just fine, but my agent is already talking to me about it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Nnnngh......drat, everything hurts. My chest, my leg, my forehead now. I don't think I can even move at this point. But nothing hurts more than my pride seeing George in front of me.

"I'm sorry, G...things kinda got...out of hand. It was my fault as the leader. I swear I'll do better next time! I gotta, I'm the successor to Eagle G!"

I attempt to pump my fist, but the stabbing knives in my side when I do prevent that. "Ouchie!"

As I lay back down and George heads out of the room, I see Corsage in the doorway. "Only you, huh, Alex? Guess the others are busy with the insurance papers."

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

Potential: 4/5 | Location: Corporate Alliance HQ

Clearing Insecure due to taking foolhardy action last scene (it's a new scene, talked to KittyEmpress).

Sooooo me and Circe ditching the others and just, you know, hanging out didn't end up happening. After we prevented the building from falling apart even more and being buried alive, I was gonna have another go at getting into the donjon's systems, but nooo - as soon as it was even a little bit safe, me and Circe get swarmed by journalists. Man, couldn't they have waited? I was a little pissed off and in no mood to really answer their questions. I lost the chance to actually get justice for Hammerton, because there's gotta be something I could use somewhere in the system, right? Anyway, I couldn't very well tell that to the press - 'oh hey, yeah, just doing a little hacking' - so I just put them off. Apparently they wanted my opinion on some interview Princess Patriot gave? When did she have time to give an interview?

Anyway, there's no chance for the two of us to make a getaway, or at least it'd take way more smoke bombs than I packed today, liberally thrown into the masses of journalists and that's kiiiiiinda not my style. So I get dragged along with everyone else which, hey, at least has some of it's good sides: I can see that One Man Revolution - someone tells me that's the name he actually picked for himself, and it's pretty good - is heading to a hospital, and so is Eagle J. Aaaaand Corsage is tagging along, which, honestly? Unsurprising. I know what's going on there. Or, well, what Corsage would like to be going on there, yeah? Hi kind of wears his passions on his sleeves. His figurative sleeves, because it might just be my imagination, but I think actual sleeves don't feature a lot in his wardrobe - 24/7 gun show with Corsage around. Not that I'm jealous or anything.

But it makes me think about me and Circe and maaaaaaybe grin like an idiot, I mean, while nobody is looking. I'm pretty sure she, well, uh... sees me in a different light now? Don't think I would have just held out my hand for her on our drive back to Corporate Alliance HQ before, yeah? Of course, it's just because I'm trying to support my teammate, things are probably still super stressful for her! Just doing my job as a good teammate and a good friend and... okay, okay! I like her. She's cute and sweet and she makes me smile. But! But, but, but - we'll see where it goes, yeah? I really wanna hang out with her, like I said - and not just because I want to hang out, but because I think she needs some 'her' time too. I mean, I was serious when I said that!

We arrive at Corporate Alliance HQ - I got a chance to clean myself up, even though my hair is still not like I'd like it to be, but at least it's not covered in foam anymore - and, whoa, who's this? Did they send one of those construction robots to - oh, hey, wait, no, it's the Crimson Crusader! He uploaded himself into that robot body, right? Because he's actually old as all get out, yeah? Something about 'leaving behind his corporeal form' during the Great War, I think, which never made sense to me, because: What kind of computers did they have back then? Like, with punch cards and as big as a truck? How do you upload yourself into something like that? But, anyway! He's blocking the way into Corporate Alliance HQ and making a speech, pointing. I can't help it, I have to chuckle and cover my mouth with my hand, I mean, better than just laughing out loud! I can't help it, he just makes me think he's going to tell us 'you'll have to answer me these questions three'.

Oh. Oh! Naaaaaaw, he wants to, what? Take us under his wing? No, wait, I already used that joke on Eagle J. But yeah, he wants to work with us. Or aaactually... does he, really? Because I know how things usually go down when the older heroes want to 'team up'. It's just this unspoken assumption that they're going to be the ones 'teaching', 'showing the ropes', which would be okay if they meant just that. But noope, what they also mean is that they're going to be the one telling the 'little heroes' what to do. Which is bullshit! I mean, listen to Crimson Crusader, already talking about 'sidekicks', not 'fellow heroes' or something! I cross my arms across my chest. I'm nobody's sidekick! And me insisting on that has nothing to do with what One Man Revolution said about my leash holders back in the donjon! Nope!

Princess Patriot talks to him first - big surprise there, it's old guys handing out praise and offering us 'the wisdom of the ancients', of course Patriot is all over that. I have to roll my eyes at what she says to Crimson Crusader. Not that she accepts his offer, but how she says it. 'I dare not refuse it'. Yeah, better watch out there, Princess Patriot, you're getting daaaangerously close there to being honest and dropping that fancy little mask you put on that your dad and your granddad and who knows who else made for you! And then everyone would see that there's actually a person under it. And we can't have that! I mean, there's a legacy to uphold and that's the most important thing! Right? That was sarcasm. In a way, it makes me feel a little for Patriot too, though. I mean, I'm just pissed that she lets everyone control her like that - I'm not just making trouble for trouble's sake this time. Well, guess I'll just have to try to get her to loosen up and just be herself a bit more, eh? Because that's one of my jobs here, making sure my team mates have their head on straight. Yeah!

I turn towards Circe and grin. Just helping out everyone, that's me. Yuuup. But anyway, I shouldn't be so hard on Crimson Crusader, maybe he does just want to help. And I mean, being told we did awesome is pretty cool too, I guess. But I have to make sure we start off on the right foot, yeah? Just make it clear that we're looking for training, not 'guidance', otherwise it's all 'do a right hook, dodge, then counter, also I think those people need to be put in their place'. I mean, he's old, right? You never know with old people! Anyway, Mix-Up is springing into action! Which basically means that I amble over to Crimson Crusader, hands in my pockets and end up next to Princess Patriot. "Sure, yeah, we can train with you." I take my hands out and gesticulate, while I am grinning. "You know, have some tryouts, see how it's working out." I hold my grin - obviously I couldn't 'fire' him, that'd be up to the Corporate Alliance, but I can still make him sweat a bit. I mean, figuratively.

I look at him, and I can't help but like him a bit, with the dramatic pointing and flexing. But something he said sticks with me, about what it means to be a real hero. Because yeah, just punching out the bad guy isn't really what it should be all about, yeah? That's just necessary sometimes, but saving civilians is more important, right? So I agree with him, which is weird. And then I think of One Man Revolution and how it kind of was him that saved the day and not us, really... and how I can't really think of him as a villain, because that's just not right. Being a hero, a real hero, it shouldn't just be about kicking rear end all the time, it should also be about... uh.... reducing the asses we have to kick. No, that sounds stupid. Well, what I'm saying is that we should improve things, yeah? Make it so things don't get as bad as often. I mean, there's always going to be some bonkers guy that wants to point a deathray at a city just because he thinks that's a cool thing to do, but if things hadn't been so lovely with the construction workers and getting fired, One Man Revolution would never have trashed the donjon, right? Really, he could have been a hero!

The thought makes me look back at Circe, and I suddenly feel conflicted. I have that footage of One Man Revolution basically saving the day, which I really should have given to the press by now, only.... only he's saving the day... from Circe. Oh man, this is complicated. or is it? I mean, showing people the truth, that One Man Revolution is not really a villain is the right thing to do, yeah? Because otherwise that'd be hiding the truth and drag someone through the mud just because it'd make us look bad. I always hated that, when people cover up for others just because they're 'from their team'. But... but who I always thought about when I got pissed about something like that was like, cops stonewalling the press when one of them beats someone up, not... Circe. She didn't mean for things to get out of hands, right? "Only things aren't always so easy, I mean, our fight right now... One Man Revolution wasn't evil, yeah?" I didn't really think about doing this, but now I'm already making a bit of a speech. Uh, I guess I could pretend it's because its the fastest way to find out whether Crimson Crusader is cool, but really, I have to get this off my chest. "And he wasn't even a villain! He was just... fighting for what is right, just not...how he should have!"

Phew. I breathe out. I need to calm down, I'm getting caught up in things! I brush through my hair - still not perfect, I should have packed an emergency comb alongside my gadgets - and get back my cool. "Aaaaaaaanyway." I smile and walk over to Circe and wink at her. "We saved a lot of people and did our best, yeah? So what if not everything went perfectly?" I shrug, nonchalantly. It's pretty clear I'm talking mainly about Circe right now - I mean, it'd be clear even if I didn't look her right in the eyes and was smiling and... uh. Is she going to blush again? It was adorable. "Noooooobody to blame for that." I want to release that footage of One Man Revolution, but I just know I'd never forgive myself if I didn't speak with Circe first.

<nil_> Mix-Up Comfort/Support Circe
<nil_> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> nil_, 6+1 = 7
Mark potential, clear a condition, or shift labels (if they open up to you).

I bump my shoulder lightly against hers and grin, like we're sharing a joke. Then I turn to face Princess Patriot and Crimson Crusader, and I am at least soooomewhat serious again. "Really, I don't think even One Man Revolution is to blame!"

nil. fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jul 2, 2016

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Corsage

Alexander smiles when J notices him. "Yeah, you got it pretty much right. That, and the media was just a beast. Knock down one building to stop a villain and they mob you. I had to vault over them just to get to the ambulance." He throws up his arms in defeat. "They just can't get enough of us, can they?" He's putting on a brave face. Ever since J was knocked out, his nerves have been frying. Combined with the side-effects of eating the flowers, he's been run ragged. His normally perfectly-coifed hair is actually mussed. If not for a bit of Mugwort he found in the hospital garden, he'd be a complete wreck.

He asks, voice cracking just a bit, "So, how are you feeling?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Well, six broken ribs, a broken ankle, and a bit of a concussion. Without Vitalizer, I'd probably be here for a few months. Hurts to move, hurts to think. So, pretty good, all considered."

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Burn: 2 | Potential: 0/5 | Location: Corporate Alliance HQ

Since it is a new scene and I previously let off my anger, taking off Angry

She walks out of the garage, beside Mix-up, her heart racing from the fact that they saved the day. Okay there was collateral damage, mostly because of her, and One Man Revolution was stopped from destroying stuff. Though she had learned his pain and she felt for him, she couldn't let him hurt others, it just wasn't right. The swarm of the paparazi swarmed her and she answered their questions. "Oh...yes this outfit was by Ranka Outfitters and as you can see, even during hard combat, the outfit still looks absolutely fabulous" She says with a smile as the words from One Man Revolution continued to pound in her mind. "Your friend's right. You wanna be a hero... you gotta be responsible.". She bites her bottom lip as they escape the crowd and she walks beside Mix-Up home.

She really wanted to come clean...and explai nthat most of the damage was due to her and that he should get his sentence lowered...it just wasn't fair and she needed to take responsibility. It was racking her mind as she walked away and she looked at Mix-up. She hurt him, Corsage, Eagle J and One Man Revolution. SHE did it without meaning to. SHe needed to be more responsible. She needed to contol her powers. It was driving her crazy. Tears begin to form but she wiped them away quickly and put on a strong face with a sweet smile "Say Mix-Up why not tonight you and me go to the roller rink nearby and go skating together? I hear they have a dance night!" She was desparate to hide her torment and didn't want of all people, Mix-Up to see it.

When she finally got back to the HQ, a giant robot came out before them, she went into a guard position but then the robot introduced themselves as the Crimson Crusader. Sure he was an old timer, and he was obviously powerful, but what training can he provide her besides physical training. Magic wasn't that simple as in casting the spell over and over again and she right now didn't want to listen to this old timer, especially when he was comparing them to sidekicks. She was a full blown hero, not a sidekick, and she took offense at that statement, which made her make a rather rash, she later thought, decision. "Mr. Crimson Crusader...out of curiousity, what do you know about magic persay in order to train that?" She asks impertinently. She was kind of annoyed that she won't be able to spend as much time with Mix-Up and she would rather right now go leave the HQ after getting paper work dealt with and spend some either alone time, time with Michi or time with Mix-up.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I huff. I can't help it. Those two are not showing any respect to their elder and more importantly to a great person who deserves their respect! I expect this from Mix up that... jerk. But I thought Inuzo was a nice girl. "Should you not require basic training in magic at this point?" I say under my breath to her. I don't mean for it to come out so much like a hiss. "Circe." I take on a pleasant tone and speak to be heard. "There is much more to being a hero than simply your ability to do damage. If you think magic is the only thing you can be taught then there really is much for you to learn." I pause for a moment to consider what I say next. "We can't have everyone else be camera shy for one. They'll notice I'm covering for all of you if I have to do it every time." Worse yet, if I have to manage all the media for the team I suspect they'll accuse me of not pulling my weight because I'm not joining them in the easy part.

Provoke 12. Circe should accept training with Patriot (jesus these rolls)

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

gently caress you Princess Patriot, taking the condition

"You know what, instead of jumping at the chance to stand in the limelight you could have helped Corsage with the bodies or helped with the important issues at hand!" She barks back, she screwed up and she knew it, but where was Princess Patriot besides outside talking with the press. "You aren't the leader, and you shouldn't act like you know everything, I know I messed up big time" she counters "But if you dare think you understand magic or me, you need to get your head on straight! I tried you know, and if you want my opinion, you need to work on that attitude of yours, you aren't the leader, Eagle J is! I mean Geez Louise stop trying to act superior and instead work with the team instead of your own label. I want you to leave me alone"

quote:

Scarybagels .roll 2d6
skybot Scarybagels: 9 (2d6=3, 6)
Scarybagels If you don't if you don't do what I said at the end, you mark a condition

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jul 3, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I rolled my eyes. I knew this was coming. "I was drawing the cameras away from your little, accident." I huffed and crossed my arms. "Besides it was the fastest way to get them to safety. If I told them to buzz off they wouldn't even have noticed the building crumbling around them, too focused on the story they were being denied." I point my finger in her face. "Besides, I don't think saying I'm not in charge is a good idea when the op was barely better than a disaster. We might not even have a leader for a few weeks with how Eagle was looking." I sighed. "Fine whatever, I'm going. I should make sure she's okay. Like, I'm sure she's fine, Corsage was looking after her after all. But I should let her know what's up."
I curtsy again to Crimson. "A pleasure to meet you sir. Sorry you had to see this." I turn to leave.

Giving Circe what she wants.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

She was mad, but mostly, she wanted to cry. She got mad at her friend...she let out her anger, she hated herself. She takes Mix-Up's arm and takes him somewhere private in the HQ, a conference room that wasn't being used and slides down the wall, tears streaming down her face. "I messed up...I know Mix-Up..." whimpers escape her lips as she sits there, her face in her legs. "I don't want to be a hero...I want to be a normal girl, I want to be back home...I tried my best, I didn't even want to use my magic today...I tried to talk them down but things went all wrong!" Her breath was ragged from the tears as she releases all her pent up emotions that she had. "I don't want One Man Revolution to be blamed for the damage I accidentally caused, I don't want Princess Patriot to be mad at me...." she hiccups from the tears, she can't even talk anymore and instead she grabs onto Mix-Up, wanting his comfort most of all. He was the only one that understood her it felt and the only one that really cared about her. She whimpers against him as she lets her pent up emotions loose.

Removing Angry due to Mix-up's thing.

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jul 3, 2016

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

Potential: 5/5 | Location: Corporate Alliance HQ

Whoa, whoa, whooooa. And here I was thinking I was gonna have to gear up for the 'young punks, no respect' spiel from Crimson Crusader, but nope, shots fired between Circe and Princess Patriot! Now I maaaaaay be in danger of being biased as me and Circe are kind of going on a da- uh, doing a thing later today. At a roller rink! I admit, that almost made me laugh out loud when Circe suggested that - I managed not to ask her whether she finished completing a time machine in her room that'd take us back to the 50ies. But it fits Circe's whole... thing, and of course I said yes! And I already have a great idea of what I'm going to wear, though it'll take more hair gel than usual...

Oh, right! Circe and Princess Patriot! So, like I said, I maaaay be biased, but I'm trying to be fair, yeah? Only Princess Patriot isn't making it very easy! I mean, going right for reminding her that Circe inadvertently did a whole lot of damage? And then talking in that way, with that voice, that's like a parody of every adult's patronizing 'I know better than you' speech. It makes me a little mad, how she just lets herself be like a mini version of what her family already is. And what? Camera shy? I roll my eyes, hard. "Oh no, Princess Patriot has talk to the press. The suffering, the toil, the sacrifice! Nail me to the cross!" I mockingly mimic just that, then shake my head.

"Come on, Patriot, you aren't just our PR manager!" Aw man, but they're still going at it! Now they're all up in each others faces! I step closer towards them, though still.. outside slapping distance. I mean, I'm not afraid, but that'd be kind of embarrassing! "I heard we're supposed to be a team? Of superheroes? And not a circus act?" Okay, yeah, I couldn't help but put in that dig at Patriot's costume. "So saving people comes first, and looking good while doing it maaaaaybe second, not the other way around!"

"So maybe you can think about how you manage to be all smiles when you're in front of a camera, but as soon as someone who's not tall enough to give you a good pat on the head, like Circe here, it's all claws out." Ah, screw it. I don't stop my impulse and just... well, reach out with my hand to take Circe's into mine and this time, I don't pretend it's to point at something. "It's not like Circe meant for any of that to happen..." Oh man, that last part cam out kind of, uh, not as cool or confident as I meant it to be. Maaaaaybe it's because I totally misjudged how far away I am from Circe and I'm not actually holding her hand but grasping at the empty air instead. I look at where my hand actually is and break eye contact with Patriot and now I look like some fool. Whoops!

<nil_> Mix-Up Defend Circe (from Princess Patriot's Provoke)
<nil_> !r 2d6-2
<Krysmbot> nil_, 6-2 = 4
+1 from influence on Circe for a result of 5.
Marking potential.

But 'the op' was a disaster? Pffff. Whatever. Princess Patriot turns to leave, and good riddance. I kind of want to say something, but I can't think of any good burns. Or something that would mend things a little, either would be fine. But I let her leave, then, with a cocky smile and a shrug, I turn back towards Crimson Crusader. "All that youthful energy, eh? But it's cool, it's cool."

And then Circe drags me along, and I give a silly wave to Crimson Crusader, but as soon as we're alone I realize how upset Circe really is. Is she... she's crying! Oh man! I don't even feel mad at the people that made her feel that way - is that bad? - but all I want is to make her feel better. She starts talking, hugging herself on the floor - and even before she finished her first sentence, I've gone down on my knees next to her and am giving her a hug. I mean, that's what you should do, yeah? Aw man. She's actually whimpering and crying onto my shirt and keeeep it together Eddy, uh, I mean, Mix-Up! I just let her finish talking, and it's not because I am frenetically trying to think of something that'd help to say! Nope.

I let a few moments pass before I pull away a little - just a little, just enough to look her in the eyes. Aw man, what should I do? I should, like, emotionally support her and... all that. I think that's right? I can't think straight, and all kinds of crazy ideas go through my head, like, haha, that the best thing to do right now would be to kiss her? Hahaha, that's... that's... My eyes go wide! I was moving on on Circe and I almost did it! "Oh, haha." Circe needs my support right now, no... fooling around, yeah? So I sit down next to her and put my arm over her shoulder, like a good friend would. "Hey, don't worry Circe, we can fix all of that. Princess Patriot, One Man Revolution, we can clear all of that up." I wave with one hand, as if all of that is no matter - and then notice that finally, finally, my other hand is now holding Circe's. "Don't worry. Aaaaaaaannnd...." I grin. "I think you're an awesome hero. But nobody should be forced into that if they don't want to, yeah?"

I look at the ceiling. "But! You shouldn't have to deal with that right now. You're all mixed up...pun intended." I wink. "You need to relax a little, no use trying to deal with all your problems before that! And don't worry, we'll do it together." And then it's finally my turn to blush, even if it's just for a moment. "Uh, I mean I'll help you!" That... that came out wrong. "Aaaaaaaaaanyway." I stretch, stand up and hold out my hand for her, my easy grin on my face. "I know a way of getting onto the roof of the Corporate Alliance HQ - the electronic lock is a joke - it's got a great view and nobody is going to bother us. I'll fetch some snacks, maybe something herbal, and we can just chill out for a bit."

"I meant what I said about you needing some 'you time''." My grin widens, and I have to chuckle. "Ooooor maybe some 'me and you time'." I look at her and... and I just hope I can cheer her up. Because that's all I'm doing. "Because that sounds nice."

Flinging themselves into easy relief (avoiding solving current problems for now) to clear Hopeless at the end of the scene.

nil. fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jul 3, 2016

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

She nods "T-That sounds good" she says meekly, and stands up, summoning her large teddy bear plush with her staff, turning the staff into its necklace form and places it around her neck. She hugs onto the rather large teddybear and looks at Mix-Up with near puppy dog eyes. "G-Go ahead, I'll follow you..." her voice quietly whimpers "I-if you need money, I can give you some for the snacks and everything" Mix-Up's speech did do a lot but still she had a lot of thoughts troubling her and she at this very moment didn't want to think, she wants to cool down and let her emotions die down so she can think a bit clearer and straighten her mind out. She walks behind him, clinging to the teddy bear desparately, her straight blonde hair covering most of her face besides the part covered by the teddybear and her eyes.

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

A teddy? I mean, a magic teddy, but it's.... I don't know. It's adorable, but maybe there's something to Circe not wanting to be a hero? Things have really hit her hard, even though I told her again and again that it's not her fault. I know it can be tough being a hero, but Circe really is a mess! Or, or maybe it's because she actually can open up to me? I'd like to think so. Maaaaaan, today has been so much more complicated than having to punch some clean-cut evil jerk in the face. First there was One Man Revolution and that speech I gave him, and now here's Circe and I just don't know if I'm doing it right! I mean, when you're fighting a villain you know when you succeeded, right, because they're knocked out. But all this... emotional...stuff.. I don't know if I'm any good at it! I just wish Circe smiled more at my jokes, that'd be something.

Oh, whoa, I just thought 'I bet an adult would be better at this'! I must be seriously off my game! Because, yeah, maybe they would, but they'd use it for eeeeeeeeevil. Okay, not evil, but for telling us what to do, yeah? Alright, back on my game! And a good thing too, because Circe still seems miserable, so I just gotta do my best to cheer her up, yeah? And make her like me more, I guess.

"Oh, pffffff, Circe, pleeaaase." I roll my eyes exaggeratedly and wave her off. "I'm just gonna forget that bit about money, don't be ridiculous! Those snacks are totally going to taste better when we're sharing them together anyway, so, win-win!" I grin, and I'm not sure whether she's looking at me, with her hair in front of her face like that - so instead of that, I boop the teddy bear she's holding on the nose. I mean, I thought about doing it to her, but then my hand would slip and, uh, who knows where it'd end up! "Aaaaaand getting you to maybe forget a little about all that.. stuff would be worth at least..." I mock-count imaginary money and I look at my hands in fake concentration. "Well, way more than what the snacks cost!"

She's still hugging her teddy close to her, still hiding her eyes and I just... I want to help her, okay? I take a breath and gather my courage - and place my hand on hers holding the teddy. "It's not the end of the world, Circe." I let the moment pass - and then drop back into my joking voice again. "Aaaaaand we'd know what the end of the world would look like, right? Well, before we put a stop to it, yeah? Like the awesome superheroes we are."

<nilPhone> Mix-Up Comfort/Support Circe
<nilPhone> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> nilPhone, 11+1 = 12
Mark potential, clear a condition, or shift labels (if they open up to you).
Adding a Team to pool.

We make a brief stop at my room here at the Corporate Alliance HQ, where I fetch the snacks aaaaand some other odds and ends I had hidden away. Basically, with Circe inviting me to a roller rink, I'd say she maybe would call it 'the reefer'. I have to chuckle at that. Anyway! Super high energy snacks for me - my nanomachines run off my energy, after all - and some normal stuff, both sweet and savoury for Circe. We finally arrive at the electronic lock that is supposed to keep us from getting on the roof, but, haha, it is a joke. Still, I need a few moments to unlock the door, and it's enough time for me to think about some stuff. We kiiiinda left Crimson Crusader in the dust, after giving him a show that didn't really exemplify, uh, I mean, show, us as the heroes he thought we were. Maybe we should apologize?

I mean, not apologize, but well, at least tell him something. It's not like he did anything yet, it's not like I give adults 'lip' just because, yeah? Okay! I should totally say something to him, because of Circe! Because she'd totally feel bad for it later - I think that's just how she is. So, yeah, doing this for Circe! Not because I feel bad or anything.

I hold up my finger for Circe. "One second." I call up my holographic displays and patch myself into the building's PA system. I clear my throat and then configure it so it at least will only sound where I assume Crimson Crusader still is. "Harken, Earthlings!" I laugh, sorry, I couldn't help myself. Okay, okay, this time do it properly, Mix-Up. "Oh, hey, Crimson Crusader? Sorry, had to jet, important post-dramatic battle stuff, yeah? The one that was on TV, not the other one. Aaaaaanyway, maybe check out the place for now? We'll catch up later, once the team's back together again. We can talk robotics. Okay? Mix-Up...." Cue a drum roll, even though it's only in my head. "....out!"

I point with my finger, and because I timed it like that, the door to the roof opens just as I cut the connection to the PA system. "Ta-da!" I lead Circe onto the roof and towards that good spot I know, you've got a great view over a lot of the city!

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

A weak smile escapes from behind her teddy bear as she walks through the door out onto the roof top, she walks to the edge quietly and looks out to the world around her and breaths in deeply, she thinks as she stares out into the day, she lifts her hand and cups a blossom from a nearby tree in her hand and looks at it, before she releases it to fly again. She turns to face Mix-Up, holding her teddy bear close still, but the look of despair gone from her face. She needed to stop letting others see the pain, it makes them worry, and she didn't really want them to worry about her. This is her problem and she will learn to strengthen herself against losing control of her powers. "I think I should apologize to Princess Patriot..." she starts. It was true, she really should apologize to P.P. she shouldn't have blown up at her, like herself, P.P. was just trying her best in the current situation.

"How are you feeling Mix-Up?" she asks leaning against the guard rail. The wind blowing her silken blonde hair forwards She snaps her finger and a bright flashes forward, hiding her, when it dissipates she is in her street clothing, green plaid Taffeta skirt, white blouse, black tie. Her hair still free, and her feet covered in black boots. She smiles as she pops out a straw hat and puts it on her head. "Thank you mix-up for everything, so what snacks are we getting?" She asks poking her looking at him directly in his eyes. Her soft emerald green eyes gleaming in the sunlight.

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

Oh, phew, is it getting hot in here or what? Haha, that can't be it because we're outside, maybe it's the sunshine? Aaaaanyway, what I'm saying is that of course the stuff Circe wears while we're on a mission is all fancy, but also it means that it's go time, save the day, and all that. But now she's wearing her 'normal' clothes, and, well, she looks great! Aaand... did she just... change in front of me? Magically?

"Uh, what?" Oh, whoops, I'm staring. Did I notice before how green her eyes were? I must have, yeah? "Oh, yeah!" I laugh, although in my head I'm still trying to figure out what Circe actually said. "Snacks! Yeah, yeah, right." I grin and rummage through the small hemp backpack I brought with, then get down on my knees and lay out the snacks I brought with my on the ground. "Soooo, we have on the menu: Sugar Supernova, Colonel Chocolate... chocolate, Sour Supernova, Tiny Tacos - which I always say should be tiny tacitos for extra redundancy, Salt Supernova, Pizza Poultice, Sucre Superior, oh, some dried fruits aaaaaaand...." I gather some of the snacks which, not so incidentally are not brand snacks, and put them in their separate corner. "...those one, well, should only be eaten by me." I look up at Circe and flash her a grin. I'm not stupid, I know she's still thinking about that stuff with the magic, but I can't let that get either of us down, yeah? "I mean, it's not like I want to steal the best stuff for myself, it's just that... well, that stuff is for my superpower stuff. I need to eat real high energy stuff to keep them going, yeah?" I make a face. "They don't taste any better, so, you're not missing out on much."

I stand up again and lean against the guard rail with her, a mischievous grin on my face. I fetch the blunt I prepared earlier from the back pocket of my jeans - not wearing my coat anymore, just a black shirt, so not as many places to stuff things right now - and put it in my mouth, letting it hang lazily. "Got this too, if you want." I mean, I don't wanna pressure her or anything, yeah? "Help you relax a little, maybe. Becauuuse...." I throw back my hair, produce my lighter from the other back pocket and light up. "If you wanna apologize to Princess Patriot, maybe not do that wheile you're still so...." I wave my hands around, trying to say what I want to with just a gesture. "...yeah? And who knows, maybe by then she'll have apologized! Because she totally should." For a moment, I just look at her - not because I kind of want to do that a lot, but for dramatic effect! - and then lay a hand on her shoulder and smile. "It'd be good, though. You don't need more stuff on your mind. And if I'm honest, I'm pretty sure Patriot is not going to make the first move." I shrug.

I watch out onto the city below, quiet for now. She asked me how I feel, and well... I meant what I said earlier about this day being kind of a roller coaster. "It's been a real crazy few hours, eh?" Oh Mix-Up! Such a way with words, haha. But thinking about it brings me back to One Man Revolution and the footage I still have and all that, all that stuff that is so much more complicated than it should be. "We got the bad guy, saved the day. Woo." I slump my shoulders, my voice growing quieter. "Only he wasn't really bad, yeah? I wasn't just saying that to piss Princess Patriot off. Soooo... it didn't feel that great. I mean, they make it sounds so easy, and, hell, everyone thinks it's easy. You got superpowers, go beat up the bad guy, yeah?"

"But One Man Revolution..." I finally turn to face her. "... he fought for something good, maybe not in the right way, but... and I helped bring him down. I just wish I could have done more for him." And I keep looking, and I have to look away - and now I'm pretty sure Circe knows what I'm thinking. Which is telling everyone and showing everyone the heroic stuff One Man Revolution did - only it'd make Circe look bad. But it should be clear-cut, yeah? It's the truth and it'd help out someone wronged and heroes are supposed to stand up for what's right, yeah? Only, well, it's Circe.

I sigh. "Maaaaaan. So much easier to tell when somebody else is doing the superheroing thing wrong. You'd think it'd make it easier for to tell if I did everything wrong. To just go 'Yup, Mix-Up, good job, you did everything right, you did all you could'." I roll my eyes at myself, mocking myself. "Don't tell anyone..." I drop down into a whisper and lean in, making a joke out of it. "...I'm not always sure I know what I'm doing." I pull back and laugh. "Crazy, right?" Oh, whatever. I'm just... helping Circe open up to me, yeah? I'm just helping her see I'm not all cool all the time. I mean, I'm cool enough to not having to be cool enough all the time. Or something. I look at Circe with, well, I guess, expectation - because I'm offering her some of my snacks! That's why!

nil. fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jul 9, 2016

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

She smiles, she didn't really care what he did, she did however reach over Mix up and grab one of the bags of Colonel Chocolate's Chocolate Covered Gut Bombs from the collection of junk food. She nibbles on one of the balls of chocolate and processed food goodness much akin to a rabbit eating a vegetable. She looks at him take out a joint and she smiles. She wasn't a fan of taking the stuff, however she was respectful of other people's usage of the stuff. She continues to nibble on the Chocolate Gut Bomb when he offers her "Oh...no thanks" She offers a very gentle smile "I am good, but thank you very much for the offer" she sides on the guard rail "My dad when he was in Rajasthan researching some mysticism there brought home a hookah and hashish" she says staring up at the clear blue sky. "I am not really upset anymore though, as One Man Revolution said I need to take responsibility, and that means that I can't just give up when the going gets tough." she pauses when he touches her shoulder and talks for a bit about his own thoughts "I don't think One Man Revolution was bad at all...I was going to go visit him in prison after I go apologize to Princess Patriot and visit Eagle J. I am going to see if I can't get his charges lowered after all it isn't fair or right that someone who caused at most minor damage is getting punished when someone who caused massive damage gets to walk out scott free, that isn't right"

She hops off the rail and leans forward her hand behind her back and smiles as she listens to him open up to her about himself before walking up and resting her forehead upon his, more for comfort than anything else. "Mix-Up You did everything you could do and you did a very good job today. The best part is that no one knows what they are really doing, but they try, and you try and that is all you can do" She pulls away as she thinks for a second "Well...You do seem trust worthy" she says as she leans against the rail.

"Have you ever heard of the Salem Witch Trials? Well none of the people who died were actually witches. There were magical users in Salem at that time, but they hid themselves amongst people remarkably well and when they started the witch hunts, they all disappeared. I was born to a small island of witches in the middle of the pacific, its hidden from view from non-magical users so you won't be able to find it" she speaks "The island is home to magical people from all over the world, when people had to run because of their abilities, or in some cases because of witch hunts they eventually made their way there. My real name is Izuno Ami, or just Ami" she says with a soft smile "My mother's family came from Japan three hundred years ago with many other Japanese magical users."

"We were complete isolationists to the non-magical users of the world, we didn't talk, trade or even visit them. I am one of the first to actually leave..." She sighs "Though not really because they wanted to connect with the outside world" She says as she holds up the empty bag of Gut Bombs, it stands in her hand for a bit before it starts dissolving, dripping out of her hand as the molecular composition of the bag loses its gravitation pull within itself, the atoms separating, and then the atoms themselves losing their gravitational field so the electrons, protons and other parts of the atoms cannot stay together. "My power is of Entropy, Entropic Explosions, and just general dissolving of matter."

The dissolved bag has disappeared by this point with literally nothing left of the bag. "You can see why they wanted me to leave the island" she smiles "I gotta say though, it's so much more fun outside that island" she jumps onto the railing and stands there "There is so much to see, do, taste and experience in this world outside of the island that I am always seeing something new! And if I hadn't left the island, I would have never met you, Eagle J, Corsage, or even Princess Patriot, and I really appreciate that...but the power of Entropy is a very very dangerous power to have" she says as she sits down on the rail "Imagine having the ability to be able to cause the molecular structure of an entire planet to just end, to cause the gravitation pull that keeps atoms together to just end" she says "Thats why I was upset about losing control, because if I couldn't come back...imagine what danger it could have..."

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jul 9, 2016

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

Soooo even though it's me lighting up here, it's Circe who's jumping from topic to topic according to her own reasons, making it kinda difficult to follow her train of thought. Not that a few puffs like that'd make me all scatter-brained, I mean, I can handle my stuff. She says something about a hookah, and man, a genuine one would be pretty cool, and then it's time for her to talk about One Man Revolution. Yeah, of course he wasn't really bad! Ugh, man, I wish I wasn't feeling so awkward about this, but this whole thing with One Man Revolution and Circe and my recording and what the right thing to do here is sooo much more complicated than I'd like. Still, I can't just ignore this, yeah? Well, I was planning to ignore it for just a bit and just hang out with Circe, but things just continue to be kinda tense. Maaaan...

Eh, nothing to it. I shrug and put my hands behind my head, though I guess I might look just the tiniest bit guilty. Just a bit! "Well, I did have an idea how to help him out. What he did, at the end anyway, it was actually kinda heroic, yeah? I mean, cut out what happened before, with the trashing of the donjon... if people just saw him, well..." It's hard to say it: I can't just say 'he saved everyone from you, Circe'! "...how he put his life on the line to protect us, people'd think 'yuuup, that's totally a superhero', yeah? He had a ridiculous primary color outfit and everything. Only, people won't see that side of him, only what they want everyone to see." I focus my eyes on her - I can be serious when I have to! "Because you're right, people that do massive damage shouldn't get away scott free. And I know you mean someone else..." I grin. "Actually biiig mystery who you mean... but that's bull! You did your best and what happened was an accident, yeah? I'm thinking of other people and for them, the damage was not an accident!"

I look out over the city, because I need to stop talking for just a second - getting kind of worked up! The problem is of course that all I can see is all these skyscrapers, and no doubt some stupid CEO is planning to fire some people right now! "Aaaaanyway, I... have a recording of One Man Revolution... well, doing what he did before he passed out." I look at her, and I know I'm being a little manipulative - but it's for a good purpose, yeah? "What do you think I should do with it?"

Well, it'll have to wait, because Circe is still talking. I have to smile, it makes me happy seeing her like that - or maybe it's just that she's not being all gloomy about what happened earlier. Looks like Circe is taking me on a narrated magical mystery / backstory tour. I mean, it makes sense with the Salem Witch trials, because if those idiots burned actual witches, you'd think you would have heard more about stuck-up priests being turned into newts on the way to the pyre, yeah? Also, apparently there is some sort of magical Atlantis where all the supernatural people hang out? Or, well, some of them, anyway. I can understand having to hide in the past, but it's the 21st century, yeah? Ever since the Event, there's plenty of people with all kinds of weird powers running around, so who'd care that they came from a chemical vat or a spellbook? Plus magic's just science that hasn't been understood yet, even though some would disagree. Pffff, Mister Mystic, whatever. Though, uh, maybe I shouldn't mention it in front of Circe either. I mean, just this moment.

Oh, hey, from Japan? And she's called Ami? Pretty name. I just smile. "I'm Eddy." Not Reginald! Ceeeertainly not. "Sooooooo, you come from an utterly isolationist island and got a Japanese name." I grin. "Are you sure zombie Matthew Perry didn't roll up backed by The Black Ships as was all 'sup fam, now you better let us sell you our cheap consumer products or else'." I keep grinning - and then I realize Circe may have no idea what I'm talking about and suddenly I am flustered. Just a little, okay? "Uh, I don't mean Mathew Perry the actor and also not The Black Ships the band, although they did take their name from the kuro... korufu... uh, the actual Black Ships."

Oh. Suddenly my unsuccessful joke doesn't seem so important anymore. "They kicked you out because of your powers?!" I frown. "That's not cool. I mean, shouldn't they be the ones who'd be really good at helping you deal with that? And they just kicked you out?" I put my hands on my hips. This is so unfair! "And, man, that must have really sucked for you..." Whoops, now I'm starting to let myself get all gloomy too! That's not how to help Circe and besides, I seriously don't feel like being more of a downer right now. I mean, this was supposed to be a nice chillout, getting some distance from that battle earlier, yeah? And so I grin and put an arm around Circe. "Yeah, you wouldn't ever have met me, and, uh, us, yeah? And it kind of sounds like some people on that island are real jerks, kicking you out like that. But scr - forget about rhem, eh? And you shouldn't stress so much about your powers all the time. We got the power of nuclear fusion and allow some ancient old guys to have the finger on the trigger." I roll my eyes. "So don't stress so much! I know you're doing your best, yeah?"

But it looks like I'm not really managing to cheer her up all that much. She's still talking about her power like... they could end the world. They can't right? Because, yeah, that would... be scary. But it's just her being super-anxious, yeah?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Corsage

He can't look at her. He feels, in his heart, like he should have been watching her, like he should have been faster, been stronger. He pulls a bouquet from behind his back. "Corporate endorsement has its perks." The bouquet is beautifully arranged; it's clearly a custom job. "Stephanotis for good luck, Gladiolus for bravery, Peonies for health, Lilacs for...friendship. Few others just to look nice. Actually, it would probably make a pretty good Battle Bouquet, all things considered." He gives J a half-hearted smile.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Alex, how did you have the time to put something together like that...? I guess that's part of your sponsorship...Set it on the table over there, I'll get a nurse to put it in water."

I turn my head over to get a better look at Alex and give him as much of a smile as I can. "Don't beat yourself up over this, okay? I'm the leader, I'm supposed to take all the knocks. The fact that you guys are fine is the most important to me. Just make sure the others don't tear themselves apart before I get back, huh?"

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

HQ - Circe and Mix-Up

Young love, how precious, how adorable, how utterly, utterly blind to what the faults of the other are, and how quick to excuse their failings we can be! Ah, it is simply adorable. You two could spend hours together, and never run out of things to talk about, as you awkwardly pranced around your attraction, and also how one of you will probably erase the galaxy one day, entirely accidentally. Unfortunately, the thirty minutes or so of time you got was all you get for now - as suddenly, the HQ is shaken by EXPLOSIONS - you heard it right, not one explosion, and probably not two, you can hear a half dozen at least going off, taking down the power and leaving you in the dark for a few moments, before suddenly Jackie is breaking down the door of your private little meeting, looking shaken.

"The Alliance is under attack! WHERE IS EVERYONE ELSE!?" She's bleeding - actually quite badly it seems, it looks like one of her arms got hit with some debris, and she's holding it tightly to her as her fancy suit is dripping with blood. Power's out, that means the comms system is out, and that means no instant talk - what do you two do now, can you even gather the team? Who do you call if you do? And how are you going to stop whoever is attacking if you can't?

Eagle J and Corsage, Hospital In Flames

It was sudden, but the room became very, very hot - and then the glass around you shattered, the windows caving in, and a figure wreathed in flames entering - a villain Eagle J recognizes as Char. "Now, before those super doctors can get to you, -I- shall be your end!"..... Well, he's a little late, and he also blinks a few times as he sees Corsage in the room, so he evidently didn't know there would be a second hero there, but it's still pretty dramatic, even if he looks like a dork. And he apparently intends to kill Eagle J before she can recover from her injuries.

Even worse - the fire's spreading from his body, and you can see smoke from below - apparently he set the building below you on fire, before barging in. That's a lot of civilians, sick, injured civilians. How are you going to handle it?

Patriot Princess

As you are about to storm away and find your own way to the hospital, Crimson Crusader chimes in, pointing up to the sky in a pose, "Caring about your team mates is totally rad, and the best thing you can do to make a good team! But you needn't take the slow modes of travel, for we have access to....!" He spins his arms a few times, and then both of them click in the top point of his star-mask, "THE CRIMSON CYCLE!" Out of nowhere a bright red motorcycle falls from the sky, an extra helmet sitting on the back of it, "Come! Let us travel together, IN STYLE!"

You know a good bit about the Cycle - it's apparently one of the fastest ground vehicles that is technically street legal. Able to climb up more than ninety degree angles without losing speed, and equipped with a flight mode, it's quite the model of transportation. It also looks really, really lame honestly. And he refuses to use the flight mode unless it's an emergency... which means it's not as short of a trip as you'd hope.

----------------

You're three fourths of the way to the hospital when, suddenly, Crimson Crusader turns his head around 360 degrees - robotics is weird - and goes "Oh no! The Corporate Alliance Headquarters has been attacked! My systems installed today detected three high powered explosions, and then went off line! And it seems automatic comms are out! Your people at the hospital wont even kno- OH NO!" - He cuts himself off, because you can see it from here - a massive fire in a large building in the direction you're headed. No, not just in the direction of it... but the hospital itself!

What's more important, the HQ, or the Hospital? Which one do you think Crimson Crusader should take you to?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"CHAR!" This is not good. He's a notorious arsonist and one of George's archrivals! The places he hits end up hardly even ashes! If we don't stop him, there's going to be nothing left of us! Aw man, why did George leave so soon?! He knows how to take care of this guy!

Geez, my injuries are still setting, but....Whatever, Vitalizer can work on me again! I pull the IV out of my arm and push myself out of my bed, wincing slightly. I rush forward and plant a fist right in Char's ugly face!

Directly Engage: 9
Gonna surprise.

"Corsage, I need your help here, okay?!"

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jul 27, 2016

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

"JACKIE!" She cries out, running forward to grasp her in her arms "Eagle J and Corsage are in the hospital, Patriot Princess is off somewhere else probably going to see the group in the hospital. Crimson Crusader is probably with her." She sighs, and rubs her shoulders, she shouldn't have changed out of her uniform. This really sucks and she is afraid of making the wrong decision. However, with all the information she has at the moment, it becomes clear what she must do.

"Mix-up our priority is to control the fire, get survivors and then contact the group in that order, there is probably more going on than we know so we need to focus on what we do know" she speaks to him "Once we can control the flames and got the survivors to safety we can get the group. If you have them on a cellphone or something that would be better"

She takes off her necklace and throws it down, growing her staff into it's full size "Jackie I need you to get on and I will get you somewhere safe" she says quietly offering her hand. "We will stop the fire and we will find out what is going on here"

quote:

Scarybagels assessing the situation.
Scarybagels This won't end badly
Scarybagels .roll 2d6
Platonibot Scarybagels: 8 (2d6=2, 6)
How could we best end this quickly?

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jul 27, 2016

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Corsage

"G's rival?! But J--" Too slow again, she's already rushing in ahead of him. There's no time to argue, no time to pout, barely time to think. He snatches some of the flowers from the bouquet he brought and appends it to his collar with a clip. He's wearing civvies, not his costume. Just jeans, a tee, and nice jacket. Very expensive and flammable, but we work with what we have. "I'll be back, don't worry!" The smell of smoke and the roar of fire are rising and the urgent cries of patients and staff are getting more and more panicked. Alexander busts open the steel casing of a fire hose and spins the valve, the hose quickly becoming heavy and tense as he runs back to the room.

"Hey!" He points the fire hose at Char and points to the wall behind him. "Didn't you see the signs? No Smoking."

Directly Engaging Char to blast him out of the Hospital with a firehose. Rolled an 11--Let's say that Takes Something from Them (his position/altitude) and Impress/Surprise/Frighten the Opposition.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Freak: +1 Danger: -1 Savior: +2 Superior: 0 Mundane: +1 Potential 1/5

It takes me a moment to catch up with all the excitement. Then I snap into focus, it's time to work! When it rains it pours. "To the hospital, civilians are in danger!" Headquarters is equipped for this sort of thing, right? Well it reflects poorly on us if it gets trashed but a hospital has no means to mitigate the disaster. Besides, like I'm going to let some opportunist punk get one over on my team's leader. I'm not even done thinking about how to approach this by the time we arrive. The Crimson Cycle can't be done justice by words. I can't believe I got to ride on it this is so cool. Crusader ramps the bike through the smoldering crater in the side of the hospital. The bike twirls as it skids to a stop in the hallway. We both speak at the same time, assigning myself to Eagle J and Crimson Crusader to the safety of the rest of the hospital. A hero of his caliber should have crowd control managed in a flash.
I see the bright flames glowing from underneath Eagle's room. I kick open the door and see the malcontent menacing Eagle J and Corsage. Oh he's still here. That's uh... good. "Want to play with fire? Well eat this!" A pithy one liner is all I got on short notice. I point the Tireless TorchTM at him and send out a wreath of the enchanted flame. I only want to capture him. This punk has a lot of explaining to do and he can't do it unconscious.

14 Directly engage I avoid his blows and make an opportunity for my team mates.

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

And heeeeeeey, I was just thinking about not worrying about blowing the world up too much, how we should all chill a bit, but, nope, reality has other plans! Explosions! Okay, okay, just during those first few seconds I'm not as cool as all that, I maaaaay have dropped a few candy bars from the shock. So sue me! Explosions that are not on my monitor or a TV are not a 'oh yeah, whatever' thing, especially if the explosions are coming... from the building I am currently standing on?! What? Something is exploding in the Corporate Alliance HQ? I feel guilty the second after I catch myself doing it, but my eyes first jump to Circe - and I'm not 100% sure whether it's because I just want to make sure she's okay, or whether it's maybe also a little bit to see whether... whatever happened in that parking garage is happening again. But that's stupid! I already told her, she's got that under control, and I meant it, yeah? Yeah!

Oh man, Jackie! Any illusion that this wasn't serious comes to an end as soon as I see her her walking onto the roof of the building towards us, bleeding - and not just a split lip either! Oh man. Okay, Mix-Up, game face on! I mean, not all 'grrr, tough, vaguely authoritarian-bordering-on-fascist men making tough, vaguely authoritarian-bordering-on-fascist decisions', but---- oh, right, Jackie! Circe has already rushed to her side, but still, I do the same. I mean, for our corporate overseer, she's pretty alright. Not that I'd let her bleed out otherwise, but... maaaan, I'm really questioning myself, that thing with One Man Revolution and now not being able to talk with Circe about releasing the footage must still be bothering me. But, I need to get a hold of myself, this is not the time for that! Jackie is hurt!

"Jackie, heeeey, we got you!" I put a hand on her shoulder, and with the other ones In rifle through my gadgets in search of my first-aid spray... aaaaaaand then I realize I don't have any of my gadgets with me! Aw man. "Uuuuh." Oh yeah! I know what to do, I saw this on some old TV series. A tourniquet, yeah? I rip off a sleeve of her suit - it's ruined anyway - and tightly wrap it around her arm, above the wound, then fix it with a tight knot. That's how you do that, right? Jackie seems to be in a biiit of pain when I pull the tourniquet tight, but it's not like I have my pain suppressor shots with me, yeah? Hey, I may have my nanomachines, but when I get hit I get hit, okay? It's not like I'm using them to get high. Heh. Hehe. I just realized what I'm gonna do and despite the situation, a stupid grin creeps onto my face. I need some sort of painkiller for Jackie, right?

Weeeeeell, it just so happens I have just the thing. "Doctor's orders!" And with that, I take my still lit joint and put it between Jackie's lips. "For the pain. Aaaaaall natural." I wink.

But right! Circe is so cute how she takes charge, but I can tell it's mostly because she's nervous, and, who can blame her, yeah? Not to worry, though, I got this. "Okay, Circe, you fly Jackie out of danger - cool broom, by the way - and I'll find out what we're dealing with. Yeah? Aaaaand just in case our communicators get disrupted, here's my phone number." I point at an empty spot in the air, which doesn't stay empty, of course: instead a holographic image of my private phone number pops up. "You know, just in case." I grin. "And we should call up the others too." We still got our phones, after all, not like this is, I don't know, the 80ies, where we have to send a telegram via carrier pigeon when we see that the British are coming. When the villains take down cell coverage, then it's getting serious. And kinda personal for me.

Aaaaaaaanyway! I kneel down and resolve not to think about the fact that I'm on top of a tall building where parts of it just exploded and that, by the by, I don't have any of my gadget with me that might help me out if, say, the building were to crumble under me and bury me under tons of cement and steel and all that. Doooooeeeesn't bother me one bit, no sir. Maybe I should have taken one last drag on that joint, though... Instead, I take a bite from one of the remaining high-energy candy bars - to power up for whatever nutso villain is no doubt behind this, of course! Comfort food? Pffff.

Okay. I pull up the holographic screen in front of me, and already my nanomachines are scrambling, flying out in search of what is going on, gathering data, at least temporarily powering up parts of the security system of the building, just enough to briefly see what is going on. Sooo, what are we dealing with...?

<nil_> Mix-Up Assess
<nil_> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> nil_, 7+3 = 10
  • What here is the biggest threat?
  • What here can I use to prevent damage to civilians / innocents?
  • (Criminal Mind) How could I best infuriate or provoke whoever is behind this attack?

nil. fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Aug 3, 2016

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Hospital Crew - Everything is a blur of motion as you all make your moves, Eagle J instantly in Char's face, punching him square in the jaw as he stood looking surprised at her moving at all - and this delays him enough that Corsage has more than enough time to grab the hose from the hall, and blasts the flame based villain, the strong power of the fire fighting hose pushing him back visibly - and dousing his flames! "No! You were supposed to be alooooneeee!" He cries out, as you blast him with water. Right as the torrent of water is about to send him over the edge of the windowsill however, Princess Patriot arrives, her Tireless Torch burning bright, the flames white hot, with just a tinge of red, as the patriotic flame lashes out at this villain.

However!

He simply begins to cackle madly, his body now wreathed in the patriotic fire, adorning himself like a flaming american flag, "Yes, give me your fire! I am Char, master of Ash, and Flame! I leave nothing in my wake but dust in the wind, and all that burns heeds to my glory!" Oh, crap, it looks like the Tireless Torch's flame has only reignited him, and he's burning hotter than ever. He flexes mightily, and as if to show his new patriotic might, a burning eagle sprouts from his back. The good news is - he's too busy showing off his new fire to actually attack you right now, the bad news is, his flames are no longer doused, and he looks more confident than ever!

From below you, you can all hear Crimson Crusader, shouting at people to get onto his back - it seems like you're fighting alone for now - he's evacuating the building!

Eagle J - Okay, so punching a man who is literally on fire is perhaps not the best idea - it's clear you surprised him, and that gave your whole team the chance to make their moves... but your hospital gown is also on fire, and you're burning up! And while you're busy putting that out, PP has apparently made your opponent even tougher to deal with! Corsage seemed to have the right idea with his hose, but Char didn't go over the edge, and the flames are pushing the water back now - what are you going to do? What can you even do, to an opponent covered in fire?

Take a powerful blow, as your hospital gown burns

Corsage - Your plan worked - you sent him almost out of the room, doused the flames he set on the curtains, and almost took away his power itself.... unfortunately, this fire based villain seems to be more than just a puff of hot air! The air around you is sweltering, and you feel like you just ran a marathon in the middle of summer. What's worse - the flowers you brought for Eagle J's hospital room are wilting from the new, more intense heat. You wont have long if you want to draw strength from them - soon you'll just be a normal man, so what are you going to do?!

No powerful blow for you - but your powers are waning, you've probably only got one prompt left before you'll lack anything to pull powers from.

Patriot Princess - Well, that didn't go as planned - surely your flame should be hot enough that no villain, even a master of fire, should be able to stand up to it, right!? What would your father and grandfather think of you, if they knew what had just happened? At least he seems to have been distracted enough by the newfound power you gave him that he isn't hurting anyone - now would be the perfect time to surprise him with an attack. But what can you do to a man who is empowered by your Tireless Torch?

Headquarters In Flames - Jackie coughs and sputters as you force her to smoke your illegal drugs, but doesn't yell at you, obviously understanding that lectures could come later, "You guys need to stop them before they get to sub level ten..." She says it, holding her wrapped up arm, "There's something down there the Alliance has been working on, I don't know what it is, but it has to be their goal..."

Circe - Stopping the fire would be easy - if you guys had any power! The automated suppression systems were built to stand up to the strongest of flame based villainous attacks - but it seems like they never had the time to activate, before the power went out... which could only mean that the generators were sabotaged - this was clearly an inside job of some sort, and someone who knew the layout and where to hit are the ones who hit it. The quickest way to handle this would be to restore power, somehow. All you know is that the generators are just below the ground level, in sublevel 1.

Mix-Up - Your system gets into the unpowered security, and for a few brief moments, you can see where each explosion went off - and a small group of at least four people running through the halls. Three of them wear tactical military gear, but one, one you recognize - you recognize as a hero! That's Captain Calliope.. But wait, isn't he dead!? You're \certain he died during the Great War, but you know that's him, anyone would recognize him - because he's the last hero who died, who closed to war with his own sacrifice... If that's really him, somehow, then he's the biggest threat - if he's actually against you, that is.

He's leading the rest of them, and it's clear they are rushing through the building, forcing their way down from the middle floors, towards the ground floors - a good plan, one you'd probably take yourself, since the ground floors are fortified against assault, the roof has automated defenses, but the windows of the middle floors are a bit of a weakpoint... Preventing damage to civilians/those working for the Alliance seems simple though - stop the fires, because clearly this team has no interest in hurting people... but the fire certainly seems to want to burn the whole building up. Luckily some of the defense systems did activate, and the shutters seem to be delaying them on their path... but without more power, they're not going to hold out for long.

With how much they're rushing, you're sure if you found a way to really delay them - taking out the stairs, activating security systems, anything that you could do to slow them down would likely provoke them. Unfortunately, the system doesn't have enough juice for you to do it remotely... you'd have to be in the thick of things.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Freak: +1 Danger: -1 Savior: +2 Superior: 0 Mundane: +1 Potential 1/5

Well. Uh. That's bad. A bit embarrassing, but at least I didn't get tricked into doing it. Right? I'll just have to keep in mind that some scorpions are immune to their own venom. Of course there's really only one thing to do about it. What any red blooded patriot would do. The proud family tradition of worrying about the details later. I charge at Char screaming bloody murder. I activate a force barrier with my armor to protect myself from the flames, and to serve as a battering ram. If I can just get him out of the room it should buy us some time and then the Crimson Crusader can deal with him. I think I can manage distraction for long enough with out getting burnt. I hope.

Ugh. I'm entitled to a mistake like this right? I'm sure dad and gramps had plenty of growing pains. I really am not up for getting chewed out by the others for this.

Unleash Powers 8. Taking Guilty

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Burn: 5 | Potential: 0/5 | Location: Corporate Alliance HQ

She sighs, this is bad, she needed to stop the bad guys, she listens to Mix-Up quietly as he tells her the information about Captain Calliope. She sighed and gave a hug to Mix-Up "Look you need to go down and restart the generators, get in contact with the others asap and see what you can do about the fire...me..." she says pulling away and floating off on her staff "I am going to go off and slow them down" she says and flies off to the the middle floor.

As she charges her powers, she thinks about her options, slowing them down is the smartest thing to do so she is going to do what she can and take out the stairs to keep them from moving up or down. She hung low on the staff, keeping close to the ground as she flew past Captain Calliope and his crew as quickly as she could into the stairwell, her powers charging hotter and hotter, she would stop him and get answers right here and make sure that no one else got hurt.

She stood in the stairwell, taking out her phone and calling Mix-Up. "Mix-Up its Circe, I am sorry for bothering you, I know you are busy, but I just want to say if I don't make it, you were a great friend and I appreciated you trying to stop me from going overboard with my powers. I really wish we could have gone roller skating but ya know, things happen...I can't be on the phone long as I am going to take out the stair well up and down to keep them from getting further along their path."

quote:

Cutebagels Burn Roll
Cutebagels .roll 2d6+2
Platonibot Cutebagels: 9 (2d6+2=5, 2)

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 4, 2016

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

My nanomachines 'revive' security cameras all around the building for just a few seconds, which results in a halting feed consisting mostly of pixel-y, stuttering footage and it's like I have the woooorst internet connection or I'm running Youtube on some grandma's relic from, like, the 90ies. I admit I get kinda absorbed in all the data coming in, and Circe bringing Jackie to safety and returning is a blur, both literally and figuratively. Hey, I gotta concentrate, right? People are always all 'why are you so caught up in that computer, you can't even hold a conversation'. It's just focus, yeah? Not like I'd give some doctor grief during an operation just because they can't concentrate on both me quizzing them about, I don't know, football, and, you know, trying to do a heart transplant.

But aaaaanyway, I finally gather enough data, display it all on my holographic screens and maaaaan, this doesn't look so great! I mean, the explosions were kinda already definitely announcing the 'not your fun neighbourhood prankster villain' aspect, but... Captain Calliope?! I'll be honest, when I first see him on the security feed, I stop chewing my high-energy candy bar. Okay, okay, I might have almost dropped it. From my mouth. That was hanging open. I blink, blink again - and then catch myself. That... that can't be him, right? Because, a)he's a hero and b) he's dead. I mean, yeah, okay, there's a looooot of weird things that might be happening, and some hero from the Great War still being alive wouldn't be the weirdest thing and... but he's a hero, right? Well, was. I frown. Naw, the likeliest explanation is that it's just some guy cosplaying as Captain Calliope, yeah? I mean, the Captain was a pretty heavy hitter, from what I remember... what were his powers? Flying, and being tough, and punching really hard and... something about elemental attacks? Maybe? Anyway! It's far more likely it's just some guy trying to intimidate us, yeah?

Althouuuugh.... if whoever that guy is was just some normal guy without any powers, that little charade would be over real soon and it'd be even kind of a stupid idea. Because if some hero comes along and thinks you're 'I am now suddenly evil!' Captain Calliope, that hero might not hold back with the punches, because, hey, Captain Calliope, he can take it. Buuuuut.. if you're a normal guy, well, you'll end up in the hospital if you're lucky! So maybe there is something to this guy...? Or could it be that he really is him? I shake my head. I gotta keep my head in the game, for now, I'll just assume that's some imitator - that's really more reasonable. I mean, if someone steals a car and rants at the cops how brain slugs from outer space made him do it, they're still going to arrest him. The stuff with the brain slugs cooould actually be true - but who accepts that explanation first? Occam's Razor... uh.... all... up in this.

Oh, hey, Circe is back! I tell her everything I've learned - that there's someone who miiiight be Captain Calliope and also evil, that they're definitely going for something, all that - and as soon as I've done so, I immediately regret it. Because Circe just speeds off on her broom, after telling me she's going to 'stop them'! Aw maaaaaaan, that's not good! We need to be working together! And add to all of that that I'm pretty sure Circe is still feeling guilty about what happened, and with that Circe might just decide to do something really stupid. I mean, we don't even know what the bad guys want to get - Jackie had no idea! It might just be the recipe for the Corporate Alliance's newest joint-venture soft drink or whatever! That's not worth, uh, risking your life for! But Circe is gone and I am still sitting here on the roof, cross-legged, without any of my gadgets and starting to freak out.

But nope! No time for that, instead, it's time to jump into action, like a superhero is supposed to! I mean, I'm gonna think more about stuff than your average superhero, or, well, the stereotypical 'punch the bad guys' superhero, but.... Nevermind! Jumping into action! I get on my feet and since I do not have a fancy broom, I have to run. First order of business: get at least some of my gadgets, so I'm heading down towards my room. Luckily, I'm a pretty good runner - not some sort of parkour prodigy, but still - so I'm making pretty good progress, my holograms lanterns projected ahead of my path illuminating stuff making sure I don't stumble over anything, since, yeah, the power is still down. While I'm running, I dial one of several numbers I have decided to call - first up: Jackie!

"Yeah, hey, Jackie, all safe? Sooooo... can you get me the access codes for the security system of the Corporate Alliance HQ? I know they're currently kinda lazing about, no power and all that, but, I'm working on that, yeah? And once I do, I was planning to go all..." I grin, and make my voice go faux-robotic for the next part. ".... S-E-C-U-R-I-T-Y L-O-C-K-D-O-W-N. Aaaaaaand that'd really help. Alright, cool, gotta jet, call me back! Mix-Up... out!"

I put Jackie's call on hold - by moving a holographic icon floating in front of me to the side, and call the next number, or,, numbers really - of Princess Patriot, Eagle J and Corsage. "Heeeey guys, so, looks like some ne'er-do-wells decided to attack the Corporate Alliance HQ, explosions and all that, but it's still standing. Me and Circe are on it, though. " On the spot, I decide not to mention that Circe has gone off to... face what might just be one of the most powerful heroes - ex-heroes - head on because of, well, because of her whole thing. "Sooooo, what's up with you?"

I finally arrive at my room and quickly grab one of the backpacks containing an assortment of some of my gadgets of the shelf - not that I keep this around at all time just in case our corporate overlords try to get rid of us or anything, haha. Ridiculous! With another hand gesture, I mute myself for the call with the rest of the team and then finally start calling Circe. But she calls me first! For a silly second, I wonder whether we're thinking the same thing, like we're, I don't know, connected - but right now it's more important to keep a cool head and keep Circe from doing anything stupid, yeah? And I say all that, but what Circe is saying, about the roller rink, that she is actually concerned that she is bothering me, like this is important in this situation... it makes me smile. Though I guess it makes me feel for hr too, because she sounds so... well, not unhappy, but... resigned? Which is not a good thing when you're going into battle with some seriously dangerous dudes!

I make an effort to stay cheery, carefree, though it does bother me that Circe is talking about herself like that. Like she doesn't matter! Which is bull. "Hey, hey, hey, Circe, no talk like that. We're gonna kick the bad guys' asses, we're gonna look like big heroes, and then we'll go roller skating, yeah?" I breathe in. "I know you still feel bad about what happened, but this isn't how you make that better! Not by giving up, or, well, throwing yourself at the bad guys, that's not... " I frown as I notice myself getting... upset? Concerned? Well, not as cool as I should be. "You just keep them busy... and just busy, yeah? And I'll catch up with you and then - pa-pow! We'll fight them and defeat them, together, yeah?" Ah, the elevator! "Hold on a second." I force open the elevator door, fetch my grappling gun from my backpack, fire it at some point above - then jump in and start rappelling down. Man, it's dark!

"Promise me, as your friend. Yeah? Come on, we'll laugh about this in a few hours, this isn't the time for 'end of the world' stuff. And..." Aw, here it comes. "And... I don't want to lose you. And I bet you... I bet you... uh, want to go roller skating rather than being all doom and gloom too, right? Soooooo... just distracting them and slowing them down, okay? Until I can come back you up." I grin. "It'll be awesome!"

<nilPhone> Mix-Up Provoke Circe
<nilPhone> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> nilPhone, 9+3 = 12
Mix-Up wants Circe to only distract and slow down the opposition and not put her life on the line.
If Circe does it, add 1 Team. If Circe doesn't do it, mark a condition.

nil. fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Aug 5, 2016

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Burn: 5 | Potential: 0/5 | Location: Corporate Alliance HQ

Add +1 to team

"I can't promise I will be back, I am not intending on facing them head on, my intention is to destroy the stairs leading upwards and downwards to slow them down with both rubble and the fact the stairwell is gone and maybe put a magic shield up to keep them from entering the stairwell for as long as I can, I really need you to get the generators running to get the others here asap" a sigh escapes her lips, its now or never "I need to go and focus, hurry please" she hangs up the call and holds her hands up into the air, focusing herself on the magic at hand. Overcharge

A circle of pure light, the same dark purple that was currently shining out of her eyes, appears containing various magical symbols and words in ancient tongue touches the fingertips of each hand, as the structural elements of the stairwell upwards and downwards is dissolved, the entropic force of her magic just sorta makes it decay at a rate that would cause a sparkle of materials coming downward, almost like glitter, but would probably give you miner's lung or something if you inhaled. The stairs collapse down into a rubble pile at the bottom, a mass of metal, concrete, wood and other materials, at the door she stood on the only piece of rubble that was still standing though once she steps through the door, the platform itself falls as well. She whips her hair back and smiles, standing in front of Captain Calliope, she needs to spend a bit to catch her breath with controlling her magic of that magnitude without going overboard so no shield. she speaks with a sing-song voice, hoping that maybe she won't have to fight Captain Calliope "I am sorry but the elevators and stairwell are currently out of service, we are sorry for the inconvienence if you want to come back maybe tomorrow, we will be more than willing to accomodate you"

She stood alone, her staff in hand, armed men in military uniforms are rushing at her, Captain Calliope leading the charge, and she was alone and didn't have anything really ready at this point, though she was starting to gather her magic to produce a shield to help slow them down even more.

quote:

Using overcharge, expending a burn to unleash my power at a +10, marking afraid

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Aug 4, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Taking a blow! 10!
Getting outta here!

Oh no, I don't really have much on under this gown! I'm not gonna be much help in my condition anyway...

"Corsage! I gotta get my suit! Meet up with the others!"

I make a quick leap forward past both Char and Alex, and start rushing through the halls as my gown burns away.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Corsage

"What in carnation..." Just as he's almost put out Char--Princess Patriot gives him a Yankee Doodle makeover. Can't she just be normal-terrible? Does she have to go the extra mile every time? He sighs and gets ready for another attack when Eagle J runs past him.

"Got it, J!" All he's got to do is keep this little firework from blowing up in their faces. The bed! The mattress is mostly ash and melted plastic by now, but the frame is all steel.

Corsage leaps into action! With one hand, he rips the adjustable bed from its encasement and whips it towards Char. The heat is intense, but he brings the frame around with his other hand, bending it into a steel cage to trap the fiery villain.

Directly Engaging to trap Char in a bed frame that I'm fashioning into a steel cage around him. Rolled a 12. I'm Taking Something From Him (his ability to move) and Creating an Opportunity for my allies. (Hey, maybe suck the flame of liberty out of hims while he's trapped?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

Potential: 0/5 | Hold: 2 | Location: Corporate Alliance HQ

Taking the advance 'Belong in two worlds (Online Community)'.

Well, alright, at least Circe is saying she's not going to do anything stupid, but they way she's saying it is... I don't know, it worries me! It's like she's... detached from what is going on, or resigned, and that's not what you should sound like when you're going into a battle for life or death. Or am I just freaking out because she's all calm, and I'm still... okay, One Man Army with that big-rear end hammer earlier today was pretty intimidating, okay? And now this...

I shake my head and clear my thoughts. I gotta stay positive, yeah? I give my thoughts a forced break by grabbing onto the ladder inside the elevator shaft, detaching and reeling in my grappling hook, then reattaching it next to me - it's not long enough to let me rappel down all in one go, of course! And of course, I have to really concentrate and can't spend the time doubting myself or anything like that, or thinking about how serious the situation is. I mean, Circe was talking about not being sure if she's going to be back... No, no, no, you know what? That's bull. We're gonna make it, we're gonna kick rear end, yeah!

"Hey, Circe, of course you're gonna 'make it back', come on!" I roll my eyes while continuing to rappel down, towards where the generators or what's left of them are - not that Circe can see it. Still! "I'll have those generators back up in no time..." Somehow. If everything has been blown to bits, it's gonna be a biiiiiit tough. Even though I'm usually quite good with bits, hehe. "... I told the others what's up... " Nooot that they've actually responded. It got through to them, right? Maybe they're.... busy with... something? "... we just gotta play it smart!" Yeah, not just smash stuff - because when you do that, it's always the smashiest that wins, and, well, that's usually not me!

I finally arrive at the level the generators are at and.... the door is stuck! I pull and pull, but it won't open. Maaaaaaaan, that's just... but it's cool, nobody's watching and making jokes about noodle arms. Uh, not that that's the problem here! "Also, Circe, if things get too tough, we should switch up - I distract the bad guys, you do the other stuff. Yeah? Occaaaasionally I can be pretty good at getting under people's skin, and I can walk you through anything technical over the phone. Right? Just...." My voice falters for just a second. "Just stay safe, yeah?" Aaaaannnnyyyyway. I spray some of my apparently now signature foam into the gap between the elevator door, make it expand, forcing the door open just enough for me to fit through.

Aw, man, this is a mess! This is where the bombs went off, right? I admit I maaaaay have studied the blueprints, power lines and security of the Corporate Alliance HQ before this, I mean, I'm not paranoid and I also totally wasn't planning to hack into their network at any point. Totally. But I barely recognize this - for a moment it's like I'm someplace I have never been. Is there even enough left of the generators to repair them? Weren't there some backup generators? Or... or maybe I can re-connect it to the general power grid, I mean, the generators are just a security measure, yeah? To be independent of the power grid, if that ever goes down. Maybe I can fix things by connecting the HQ to that, I mean, I saw that the city's power was still okay...

Okay, yeah, this is a lot. I need to take a breather. And I need help! So while I scan my surrounding, get a lay of the land, I crouch down and call up another holographic screen. Okay, I'll make this short for now: Some people online like what I'm doing, at least sometimes, and they help me out on my missions. My work. Ugh, with my superheroing business! But I'll make it clear right away: They're not my fan club! Okay? Because, first off, they're too, uh, independent to really be my rabid fans. Which means they sometimes can be a bit... well, they don't have the same perspective as me that actually has to do stuff, yeah? A lot of stuff sounds real easy when you're just in front of a monitor... But they're pretty smart, and I like to keep the circle small. I mean, it's not a 'like and subscribe if you would like to see more of me punching supervillains in the face' kind of deal, yeah? Just a small community of smart people - I have to keep it small, because I also use them to look into my nanomachines and...

But I wanted to keep it short! Alright, just a short video message and... oh, drat! I forgot! My mask! I quickly put it on - I mean, I don't know who a lot of them are in real life, and I'm a superhero, so, gotta be stay safe! Okay, record. "Yo, hey, people. Maybe you already read about what happened earlier at the donjon, buuuuuuut... I kinda felt that could use another take, so, here I am! Here being the Corporate Alliance HQ - hail mammon - with stuff blowing up around me, funny how that works. Anyway, not 100% on what's going on yet, and backup is a little sparse, sooooo I thought of you! Right now I gotta get the power back on, and not just because I'll have to charge my phone eventually! Thoughts?"

nil_> Mix-Up Belong in Two Worlds
<nil_> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> nil_, 4+3 = 7
Hold 2.

I admit, just hearing back from them is probably going to help. I'm pretty sure I can figure something out, but know someone has my back would really help out. I mean, I got the rest of the team, especially Circe, buuuut... fact is, I'm here, just on my own. But it's cool, it's gonna be fine.

• Locked thread