Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Uncle Wemus posted:

a friend of many years, after the new york primary, called me a martyr and told me my vote didn't matter because i wouldn't support hillary while shes going to clubs in africa partying with local royalty

woah, she sounds pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

furiouskoala posted:

An acquaintance hates me because I like Trump. His parents are illegals.

THEY MUST GO BACK

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

yeah wtf

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

babypolis posted:

dont argue politics with friends

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

snakeandbake posted:

i never had any friends to begin with

Excellent lifehack.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

babypolis posted:

always argue politics with friends erryday just dont be a dick about it

BITCHTITS
Oct 22, 2003

Perry'd

babypolis posted:

/thread

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I lost all my friends but I gained a much better friend in Donald Trump, who will save us all :)

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

nopantsjack posted:

always argue politics with friends erryday just dont be a dick about it

nah the HO KOGAN threshold is so low now that any politics arguments where it might even seem like people don't agree with each other 100% will result in hulkouts almost immediately, so unless all your friends are mind-copies of you don't argue politics ever

BITCHTITS
Oct 22, 2003

Perry'd

Ragnar34 posted:

I lost all my friends but I gained a much better friend in Donald Trump, who will save us all :)

feels good doesn't it?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I don't argue politics with friends we just discuss broad strokes or minutiae. If you're trying to persuade or enlighten someone else's politics youre being a dick

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
I read something once that it's mostly liberals who break contact with people over political stances.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Triglav posted:

I read something once that it's mostly liberals who break contact with people over political stances.

I read the freep thread once too.

Atoramos posted:

None, because I'm not a child who yells at people for having different opinions than I do.

This one.

bird cooch has issued a correction as of 09:38 on May 29, 2016

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded

Lamebot posted:

Excellent lifehack.

NONE.

I don't have any friends because I already got all the finks I need.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
I carefully avoid debating policy with most people. I try to stick to process stories and analyzing a campaigns strategy. If the other person starts saying dumb poo poo like how liberals want sharia law or whatever I just never engage them. And keep talking about polls or whatever

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Policy is really important to debate though. What you should avoid is seeing an attack on your candidate or his policies as an attack on yourself. Debating "strategy" is masturbation unless you actually have access to current voter data (in which case you can't discuss it).

In fact the way I avoid losing friends and when some says "I hate hillary." I ask them specifically what policies they hate, I don't come to m'lady's aide and call them a sexist or whatever dumb poo poo people do on social media these days.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

The Saurus posted:

I also lost none despite constantly posting about how great Trump is on my facebook wall because I'm charming and likable enough that people still want to know me even if I like a politician that they don't. In fact a few people even said I converted them to Trumpenproletariat.

I'm very smart and persuasive, and handsome as well.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Has anyone said none because I have no friends yet

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

and i meant it... bitch

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
Turned off a woke af follow on Twitter's retweets.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Powercrazy posted:

Policy is really important to debate though. What you should avoid is seeing an attack on your candidate or his policies as an attack on yourself. Debating "strategy" is masturbation unless you actually have access to current voter data (in which case you can't discuss it).

In fact the way I avoid losing friends and when some says "I hate hillary." I ask them specifically what policies they hate, I don't come to m'lady's aide and call them a sexist or whatever dumb poo poo people do on social media these days.

Yeah I think this whole taboo against talking about politics in the US is really harmful. It just leads to a less informed public.

Alberto Basalm posted:

there have been people posting to facebook I know that say "please let me know if you are a Trump supporter so I can unfriend you"

This is the dumbest loving thing.

Anyway when I post about politics it's usually in a joking tone. I made fun of Ben Carson a lot when he was still running but when he endorsed Trump I made a serious post about how the stuff he says about Mislims, gays, etc. is just as bad as some of the stuff Trump says, even though he says it in a polite way, and then through a chrome extension that tells you when someone unfriends you, I saw one guy Unfriended me without comment. That's the only one I know of OP.

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.
I only argue politics against my pets.

They didn't even stand a chance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I mostly avoid debating politics with friends and family but during the earlier part of the primaries it did at least seem that everyone I knew, regardless of political affiliation, was united in laughing at Jeb Bush's campaign, and now I kind of miss it.

• Locked thread