Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I cannot imagine paying that much money for a Zombicide

Mouse gotta get PAID.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I'm pleased to announce that Mutants in the Now has completed fulfillment!

All physical backers should have books headed their way, along with pre-orders on or prior to January 9th. Similarly, All digital rewards have been released.

The book is available digitally on itch.io and DriveThruRPG, or physically at the j/k! Games store. If you have any issues, you can contact me at jkgamesbiz AT gmail DOT com.

I want to thank all my backers who made this possible! Despite a rough year of personal loss and resulting delays, nobody backed out, and I'm glad to see some folks already have the game on their doorstop.

But it isn't over here; I'm looking forward to announcing what's next!

I got mine today! Book looks awesome!

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Yvonmukluk posted:

Or be a real Marvel Zombie!
:downsrim:

But seriously, Crisis Protocol exists now. Granted it doesn't have the coveted J. Jonah Jameson miniature, but there's time. Also Heroclix also exists.

someone make a miniatures game that doesn't require a tape measure or ruler

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

How do you feel about hex maps?

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

Yvonmukluk posted:

Or be a real Marvel Zombie!
:downsrim:

But seriously, Crisis Protocol exists now. Granted it doesn't have the coveted J. Jonah Jameson miniature, but there's time. Also Heroclix also exists.

Yeah, I'm actually pretty into Marvel, and this probably will the closest I get to a Marvel tabletop game I want to get into.

Crisis Protocol takes too much time with the painting (yeah, I know, you don't have to paint them...), and both that and Heroclix suffer from finding people to play with that have enough variety to stave off the "here's the same team I have for the 30th time we played together" stagnation.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Siivola posted:

How do you feel about hex maps?

Hex maps are fine I just don’t want to wear a tool belt to play

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Fate Accomplice posted:

Rogue Planet.

Crossfire, if you like WW2.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Fate Accomplice posted:

It depends on what you mean by 'miniatures' and 'measurement' but Gaslands is super fun and super cheap. It's Mad Max or Death Race or Twisted Metal but with diecast (Matchbox, Hot Wheels) cars. It is template-based, similar to X-Wing, so there is no explicit measuring. If you pick up a template, you're stuck using it so there is no pre-measuring. Grabbed a turn that is a little too wide? Looks like you're gonna crash into that pile of explosive barrels. The only thing is I don't think it's well adapted to becoming super competitive, but I consider that to be a positive, honestly.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Fate Accomplice posted:

I misread this as 'wargame' instead of miniatures game so I was going to recommend Skirmish. But it uses dice and a chessboard instead of minis and a map.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Fate Accomplice posted:

Hex maps are fine I just don’t want to wear a tool belt to play
I don’t know if anyone actually plays it any more, but BattleTech.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Fate Accomplice posted:

Deadzone is said to be pretty good and uses... well, zones for movement, more like a board game.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

lilljonas posted:

Deadzone is said to be pretty good and uses... well, zones for movement, more like a board game.

Deadzone is fast, easy, no measurement and quite enjoyable.
Note it is very streamlined, almost bare-bones, so if you think Kings of War lost something by cutting out all the WHFB clutter you won't like Deadzone either.
I played a dozen games, but there was no playerbase in my area and playing the same opponent over and over again combined with the lack of depth made me give up.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Helical Nightmares posted:

Across a Thousand Dead Worlds

This looks cool as heck but also suuuuuuper crunchy

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I like little a crunch now and then, as a treat.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
Same. I mean, especially for something I'd go at Solo, a bit of crunch can be really fulfilling. In fact, in solo games, I actually love crunch and chrome (as its called in boardgames) even more, because it creates even weirder and often times more structured results.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Seems like it fits in pretty well!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Seems like a lot of people aren't super impressed with the Marvel Zombicide KS (specifically the slow rate of stretch goals/KS exclusives). Given it's half a million for each stretch goal and a single mini each time, I can see the point. Is that typical for CMON stuff?

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jan 19, 2022

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I cannot imagine paying that much money for a Zombicide

I can't imagine wanting a 2 foot tall zombie Galactus statue.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

A 2 foot tall unpainted zombie Galactus

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.

Echophonic posted:

Oh poo poo son get that road hogs in my veins.

I didn't actually back this but it was always on the back burner. Recommended then?

Edit: mutants in orbit and Avalon were also rad but wierd as hell.

Ballbot5000 fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jan 20, 2022

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

What do you want pics of on the die?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Show me dat 11

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Jihad Joe posted:

I didn't actually back this but it was always on the back burner. Recommended then?

Edit: mutants in orbit and Avalon were also rad but wierd as hell.

I still need to go through it properly, but it seemed cool.

I learned today that I'm actually missing like 5 books. I thought I had everything, but a lot of lists didn't include Transdimensional or the After the Bomb stuff.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jan 20, 2022

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Yvonmukluk posted:

Seems like a lot of people aren't super impressed with the Marvel Zombicide KS (specifically the slow rate of stretch goals/KS exclusives). Given it's half a million for each stretch goal and a single mini each time, I can see the point. Is that typical for CMON stuff?

Much worse than both Marvel United campaigns that had way more minis for much smaller dollars per unlock as part of the stretch goals. Xmen was 30-50k early on in that campaign then 60-80k later. There were individuals stretch goal characters and progress expansion reveals. The design, marketing, and rollout of that campaign was so good that they were hitting 1-2 stretch goals a day the entire run. There was a lot of chatter and excitement in this thread even.

I usually love a big ole box of minis on Kickstarter just to have a lot of unique poo poo to paint but I have no interested in Marvel Zombicide. Zombicide is pretty meh anyway but the game just doesn’t sound that fun. The sculpts look ok but I’d rather just drop the money on a bunch of crisis protocol boxes if I wanted to spend a stupid amount of money in marvel sculps.

I’m the exact kind of idiot that Kickstarter’s like this should appeal to and it’s just not exciting at all. This and the Witcher have been the only box o’ minis Kickstarter’s in a few years that I haven’t had any interest in. Definitely some similarities between the two on why.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yea the stretch goals are wayyyyy worse than Marvel United.

They’re really trying to milk every dollar of profit they can out of this thing with that giant dumb galactus.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Yvonmukluk posted:

nope, they usually have a ton of stretch goals. glad i'm not really into zombicide or marvel because the oceania shipping is insane

still holding out for the Escape From Arkham game to get my mini fix

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Mr.Misfit posted:

Same. I mean, especially for something I'd go at Solo, a bit of crunch can be really fulfilling. In fact, in solo games, I actually love crunch and chrome (as its called in boardgames) even more, because it creates even weirder and often times more structured results.

When I do solo games I use far more of the rules as written than I do when running for other people.

It's partly not being under time pressure to keep things moving.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Helical Nightmares posted:

Found a Kickstarter that interests me and may interest some of you, on a solo wargaming discord.

Across a Thousand Dead Worlds

This is a scifi horror space exploration rpg with a book that exceeds 400 pages. You can play solo or with up to five players with or without a Game Master. The system uses a 1d20 with 20 being the target number for success.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1775185920/across-a-thousand-dead-worlds?ref=project_link

After reading the preview I am very much down with this. Thanks for posting about it!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

It doesn’t help that this is the umteenth ZCide game launched/fulfilled in the last 3 years during a time where F2F gaming has been a drag. I haven’t even popped the shrink on my ZCide 2.0 from summer ‘21, why would I back another? I know I can’t be alone.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Infinitum posted:

Show me dat 11

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/PLTZJRh.mp4

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

Yea the stretch goals are wayyyyy worse than Marvel United.

They’re really trying to milk every dollar of profit they can out of this thing with that giant dumb galactus.

Global shipping and production has skyrocketed in cost since then, FWIW.

I don't like CMON or their approach to KS, but I don't think it's fair to ascribe it all to greed.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

malkav11 posted:

I don't like CMON or their approach to KS, but I don't think it's fair to ascribe it all to greed.

They're into NFTs. Assuming greed is logical.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

malkav11 posted:

I mean, that's fair but the price difference between the Resistance level and the Galactus level is $170 and the difference is you get the big Galactus, two silver surfer minis and like 60 cards. And shipping is not included in the pledge level cost.

Suddenly Susan
Oct 21, 2003

It's too bad they went with the Zombicide system and not their Death May Die system.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Infinitum posted:

A 2 foot tall unpainted zombie Galactus

how hard can he be to paint? comicmans are, like, three colors

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

homullus posted:

how hard can he be to paint? comicmans are, like, three colors

Better have an airbrush

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

:honk:

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Jihad Joe posted:

Well, from awhile back:

HopperUK posted:

I haven't got this to the table yet but I ran character creation and created a thoughtful, scholarly otter doctor and he's everything to me now. Check this game out, folks.

grassy gnoll posted:

Can confirm that Mutants in the Now is both rad and reasonably-priced, and that you should definitely buy a copy if you didn't already back it.

Tsilkani posted:

Adding my voice to the chorus saying Mutants In The Now is good. Buy this game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Echophonic posted:

Also, since I forgot to mention and it's super relevant, jealous of that first-printing copy of TMNT&OS.