Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Also, since I forgot to mention and it's super relevant, jealous of that first-printing copy of TMNT&OS.

I've had the thing for years, don't even know where I got it. I didn't even realize there was another edition, but I can see why. Fuckin' yikes.

Gotta love a gave where your awesome talking biker dog can be traumatized into becoming a pedophile. What the gently caress, Palladium?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Echophonic posted:

I've had the thing for years, don't even know where I got it. I didn't even realize there was another edition, but I can see why. Fuckin' yikes.

Gotta love a gave where your awesome talking biker dog can be traumatized into becoming a pedophile. What the gently caress, Palladium?

I'm more interested in just seeing the original layout than the expurgated insanity tables, honestly.

To be absolutely clear, Mutants in the Now has no insanity rules and aims to be inclusive; it has open discussion of things like safety tools, disabilities, violence, and responsible mutant animal behavior. Hell, I even did an arachnid-free version for a backer that requested it, because why not?*

* Actually this ended up being harder than expected but it all worked out well.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Jedit posted:

They're into NFTs. Assuming greed is logical.

Not saying CMON isn't greedy. Just, y'know, there are other factors.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Verdant pledge manager went live today, rather annoyingly though they're not offering any promos from their previous games via the PM.
Was hoping to pickup the Calico promo, but alas. Fairly disappointed.

Their customer support team suggested https://alderacstore.com/calico-kickstarter-cats/

Shipping to Australia is $80usd for a $10usd promo :laffo:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

My Father's Work, Renegade's scenario-based WP game about three generations of mad scientists, should begin fulfilling in a couple of weeks. Impressively, this means it will actually be on schedule or at most a couple of weeks late - their estimate was February 2022.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Huh, I'm watching a video update on Marvel Zombicide and they just said they weren't allowed to make Zombie Spider-Man. So there's clearly been some limits put on them by Marvel (although it does seem kind of weird that Spidey's barred from being a zombie).

And they're claiming there's going to be more stuff for this than Marvel United.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I remember that happening to the BTAS game too. They had the license to everyone that had ever appeared on BTAS or TNBA. Just not Creeper. Someone had some ownership of Creeper and was saying no.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

theironjef posted:

I remember that happening to the BTAS game too. They had the license to everyone that had ever appeared on BTAS or TNBA. Just not Creeper. Someone had some ownership of Creeper and was saying no.

Did Ditko have any rights? It could be his estate not wanting anybody using the character right now.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Yvonmukluk posted:

Huh, I'm watching a video update on Marvel Zombicide and they just said they weren't allowed to make Zombie Spider-Man. So there's clearly been some limits put on them by Marvel (although it does seem kind of weird that Spidey's barred from being a zombie).

And they're claiming there's going to be more stuff for this than Marvel United.

Maybe for base Marvel United but X-Men had a metric fuckton of stretch goals and expansions.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Lawlicaust posted:

Maybe for base Marvel United but X-Men had a metric fuckton of stretch goals and expansions.

MU came with plenty - my MU pledge is 8 boxes + 1 single figure box.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lawlicaust posted:

The first Marvel United campaign had more stuff than the X-Men one did.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Yeah ok, then I have no idea how zombiecide could be bigger. Do they expect to get 10x the sales for a bunch more stretch goals or something?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Lawlicaust posted:

Yeah ok, then I have no idea how zombiecide could be bigger. Do they expect to get 10x the sales for a bunch more stretch goals or something?
Presumably the 4 boxes of add-on expansions along with plastic tokens/terrain/dice are coming, spaced out over the remaining time.

Nion
Jun 8, 2008

CMON seems to have figured out how to ship things to Norway again. Which means my wallet is no longer safe...

Though to be fair it's more like the choice between these plastic Marvel mans versus whatever plastic Warhammer mans I'd inevitably spend that money on later anyways.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Kwyndig posted:

Did Ditko have any rights? It could be his estate not wanting anybody using the character right now.

I don't think that's the case or there'd be no Spider-Man at all. And that whole thing with his estate is shaky at best (while Disney/Marvel are technically suing them, they have to do that to keep the rights IIRC).

I wonder if it's a licensing thing with Sony, given the leaked deal IIRC said Sony couldn't depict Spidey doing certain things unless it was under the symbiote's influence. Maybe it goes the other way, too.

Rewatching the video, they also said there'll be no Zombie Black Panther (presumably due to Chadwick Boseman's untimely passing).

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Possibly it's a 'story' thing. The CMON game seems to implicitly state that the zombified heroes are evil, but IIRC in the comics zombie Spider Man was still a hero who figured out a way around the hunger cravings.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

Zark the Damned posted:

Possibly it's a 'story' thing. The CMON game seems to implicitly state that the zombified heroes are evil, but IIRC in the comics zombie Spider Man was still a hero who figured out a way around the hunger cravings.

After eating MK and Aunt May, IIRC

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

Pennfalath posted:

After eating MJ and Aunt May, IIRC

EnjoiThePureTrip
Apr 16, 2011

Spider-Man would never eat the love of his life, Moon Knight.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I'm more interested in just seeing the original layout than the expurgated insanity tables, honestly.

To be absolutely clear, Mutants in the Now has no insanity rules and aims to be inclusive; it has open discussion of things like safety tools, disabilities, violence, and responsible mutant animal behavior. Hell, I even did an arachnid-free version for a backer that requested it, because why not?*

* Actually this ended up being harder than expected but it all worked out well.

Anything specific you want to see?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Zark the Damned posted:

I mean he did, after he (as mentioned, and unwillingly) ate MJ & Aunt May, and then helped eat basically literally everyone else in the universe along with the other zombies.

It's kind of hard to judge good and evil in Marvel Zombies, given the implication in the original series the virus was somehow sentient and compelled the zombies to eat and warped their morality. If they went long enough without feeding (for example if they were decapitated and physically couldn't) the hunger went away.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I can’t believe I’m reading about the morality of Marvel Zombies in 2022. I can promise this thread has put more thought into it already than the original authors.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Verdant pledge manager went live today, rather annoyingly though they're not offering any promos from their previous games via the PM.
Was hoping to pickup the Calico promo, but alas. Fairly disappointed.

Their customer support team suggested https://alderacstore.com/calico-kickstarter-cats/

Shipping to Australia is $80usd for a $10usd promo :laffo:

That loving cat should have been in the main game. Dat face :3

Edit: PM me your address and I can see if it makes sense for me to order and forward to ya

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

djfooboo posted:

That loving cat should have been in the main game. Dat face :3

Shoppy is forever immortalized in gaming, may we all be blessed by his presence.

I feel bad for the other cat Luna because she has to compete with Shoppy and that's just not fair.

I'm sorry you can't get the kickstarter stuff due to extreme shipping costs Infinitum. That really sucks. I'm surprised shipping would be that much for what isn't exactly a lot of material. Like, I'm certain that the promo stuff would fit easily in a standard envelope.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

That is the goodest cat.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ostia went live yesterday and is slowly knocking out stretch goals. Game is about developing a port in ancient Rome. Might be worth a look in if Brass is your thing

djfooboo posted:

Edit: PM me your address and I can see if it makes sense for me to order and forward to ya

Shot you a PM, don't stress too much about it. They legit should have just offered it as a seperate item.

(You can buy the KS version of Calico in the PM, which includes the promo, so it's extra dumb)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Infinitum posted:

Ostia went live yesterday and is slowly knocking out stretch goals. Game is about developing a port in ancient Rome. Might be worth a look in if Brass is your thing

Or, you know, if Trajan is your thing.

Ogdred Weary
Jul 1, 2007

A is for Amy who fell down the stairs

Infinitum posted:

Shot you a PM, don't stress too much about it. They legit should have just offered it as a seperate item.

(You can buy the KS version of Calico in the PM, which includes the promo, so it's extra dumb)

Holy shipping costs, Batman!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It ended up being $40 shipping via Goonmail. Almost like there's a pandemic on :v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jan 24 - La Granja Deluxe Master Set - Reimplimentation of La Granja. Someone else can comment if it's any good. Deluxe components look great, but caveat emptor the entire page is renders. Game + addons + shipping = $235 aud. Yeah nah.
Jan 25 - Thunder Road: Vendetta - Relaunching via Backerkit after a cancelled Kickstarter. Will be interesting to see what changes they've made.
Jan 25 - Hens - Weird rear end card game about breeding chickens.
Jan 25 - Mayday 2022 Crokinole board - :siren: Mayday is back with their 2022 Crokinole offering. They are relatively cheap and pretty good quality MDF boards with a wood veneer. :siren:

Crokinole is the clear winner this week. I love my board.
Will be interesting to see what their pandemic pricing is going to be like as their 2020 board was only $99usd.

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jan 24, 2022

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

La Granga is a good game. Here’s hoping they release a nice retail version for an earthbound price.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Infinitum posted:

Will be interesting to see what their pandemic pricing is going to be like as their 2020 board was only $99usd.
I got an email that said this'll be the last year for $99 if I read it right.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Infinitum posted:

Jan 24 - La Granja Deluxe Master Set - Reimplimentation of La Granja. Someone else can comment if it's any good. Deluxe components look great, but caveat emptor the entire page is renders. Game + addons + shipping = $235 aud. Yeah nah.
Jan 25 - Thunder Road: Vendetta - Relaunching via Backerkit after a cancelled Kickstarter. Will be interesting to see what changes they've made.
Jan 25 - Hens - Weird rear end card game about breeding chickens.
Jan 25 - Mayday 2022 Crokinole board - :siren: Mayday is back with their 2022 Crokinole offering. They are relatively cheap and pretty good quality MDF boards with a wood veneer. :siren:

It's really *not* a reimplementation of La Granja. It's a new deluxification (and expansion) of La Granja but the base game is 100% the same game, once you set aside the components. That said, it's getting a ton of modules, including some Ladies of [strike]TroyesP/strike]La Granja asymmetrical powers, a new solo mode AI, and what have you, so $89 for the deluxe components and new gameplay seems pretty worth it to me. Not sure what giant people want the UBER-SIZE $170 game but so be it.

The add-ons are also terribly silly - deluxe coins, a donkey pen you really don't need, and sleeves. Nothing you need to actually buy.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: Mayday 2020 Crokinole Board is live and still only $99usd :siren:

Wave 1 ships in June!

-------------------------------------------

Thunder Road Vendetta is live on KS.

Here is a thread of changes from the first campaign.

https://twitter.com/RestorationGame/status/1485723093221920773

As a potentially cheaper option, that's also out now at retail, check out Fast & Furious Highway Heist which does very similar things.

-------------------------------------------

Hen is also live

Jiangnan: Life of Gentry - Is a relaunch of a worker placement game I haven't had an opportunity to check out yet, however it is by Moaideas Game Design which did Mini Express. I haven't had an opportunity to table it yet, mainly due to covid, but the Mini Express campaign was well run and there was clearly a lot of time and thought put into the end product. Probably worth your time to check out.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
Well, I just relaunched Ariadne and Bob. I'm doing this as an experiment across three platforms: KS, itch, and IGG. I'm very curious to see how this goes.

It strikes me that the main downside to spreading out like this is that the lower total on any one site could hurt you in the algorithm and perception. So it might limit your upside and potential to break out big. But since this game already failed to make the goal I set the first time around, I don't see that as a big concern.

So I'm going to see if my backers prefer to use an alternative to KS, and if either of the other platforms can attract more people that didn't see it the first time around.

https://kickstarter.com/projects/jimbozig/ariadne-and-bob-second-chances/
https://igg.me/at/AandB
https://jimbozig.itch.io/ariadne-and-bob

If you missed it the first time around, you should check it out! I'm crowdfunding to pay for contributions from our very own Ettin and Vel Mini who you all know and love, and also Jason Pitre (Sig: City of Blades), Nick Butler (Tidebreaker), and Austin Ramsay (Beam Saber). After those are paid for, the money will go to pay for art from Ferrinus, who did this awesome cover art that really shows off the sort of characters you'll play when you play this game:

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Came to ask about this Crokinole board. I've been curious but thought they were all $250+. I see now that you can get them on Amazon for $80-100 too. How does this one compare?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I own their 2020 Rosewood board and am extremely happy with it.
It's probably the best value for money board available, as most cheap boards have a hexagonal edge instead of a circles like Mayday, plus it's a full size tournament legal board.

Caveat emptor - Some people have issues with Mayday, and their earlier boards were apparently poo poo, but in my personal experience I can say nothing but good things about the last campaign + board I own.

The $250-300 board you are thinking of is probably Traceys, which is still an MDF board like this one.
Hardwood boards are like $500-1000+

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

KingKapalone posted:

Came to ask about this Crokinole board. I've been curious but thought they were all $250+. I see now that you can get them on Amazon for $80-100 too. How does this one compare?

These are the best deal you will get for a crokinole board. It's closer to the $250 one in build quality but they're $100.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

KingKapalone posted:

I have one of the Mayday boards from a previous run and it’s good. Mine has a slight discoloration or stain mark or something on one part of the playing surface (only like an inch long) but it’s otherwise perfect and it plays nice. I’m sure people who are WAY into Crokinole and want an absolutely pristine board might warn you away but if you don’t want to spend like $300 on one this is a really good option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yea, I love my Mayday board. For the price, you really can't beat it.