Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Growing up I was really scared of dogs, even after I got one of my own, even though I was chased by one once.

We had to go door to door for Cub Scouts to ask for canned goods, and some family around the corner had two Chow dogs that were unleashed. They chased me across the street, and bit the shoe of another scout.

What about you guys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
I was maybe 5 and I wanted to pet a friend's dog. It was eating at the time and thought i was trying to take its food so it bit me and I cried.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
We adopted a street dog when I was seven or eight years old and I was a little too playful with it given its neurotic attitude. About a month after we first took it in it bit my face hard enough to put one of its teeth almost clean through my cheek. Luckily my dad pulled it off before the damage got any worse and the wound was ticker-taped shut without leaving too bad of a scar. I think I cried a lot harder when we got rid of the dog a week later.

TheWordOfTheDayIs
Nov 9, 2009

Blessed with an unmatched sense of direction
I once had a job that required me to go door to door. One lady answered the door while holding her dog by the collar. I stupidly tried to pet the dog. It reacted to my encroachment by barely biting my kneecap. Both I and the dog were startled and didn't know what to do next. The lady slammed the door in my face.

~ FIN ~

Mr. Summers
Sep 11, 2001

That is, unless..
When I was a toddler I was crawling around on the couch and jumped onto our sleeping pit bull. She snapped at me, as I had obviously hurt her, and I got 3 stitches on my lower right eyelid.

Age six was attacked by a shepherd mix, same place, 7 stitches lower right eyelid.

Just got bit in the face last month by a different pit bull. Minor cuts on my upper lip. Don't let a dog you don't know lick your mouth.

Dogs don't like me.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I also stupidly jumped on a sleeping dog while playing as a kid, I had 4 stitches in my lip though.

Nothing else too traumatic, although our second family dog would randomly go after people lying on the floor and didn't like people in her face. I was changing the water filter on the fridge and she grabbed my pant legs and tried to shake the crap out of them.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I had several not so great dog interactions as a kid.

When i was about five, a neighbor down the street had a wolf hybrid. It wasn't a terrible dog, it was just a wolf hybrid. One day it wandered into our yard and I ran away from it, so it chased me. I remember it chasing me into a ditch in the snow and grabbing me by my arm in its mouth and shaking me before my dad ran out and kicked it off me. It was winter and I was wearing a thick carhart jacket so it didn't really injure me badly. I was told years later that my dad shot that dog, which I bet sucked for him, since he is a huge softy for animals.

When i was eight I was playing with a neighbor's chow, and it chomped right up my arm when i yanked a toy away from it. My arm was all black and blue. That time I was told to stop being a dick to dogs, and that chows are mean sometimes.

I don't remember this, but when I was about two we had these two little dogs, a scotty and a westy, and the westy was kind of testy. I had a habit of trying to eat his food out of his bowl, and I guess a couple of times he bit me.

Anyway, none of those caused me any dog issues, I've loved them my whole life.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I vaguely remember getting lost and getting menaced by a dog when I was 3.

Family was petsitting when I was around 6, I disturbed him while he was napping, he snapped at me and scratched me in the face. I cried like hell, no real damage, I remember getting candy from the doctor. I'm not sure the family friends were even told about this. Despite all this, I still love and miss Pepper.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
German shepherd bit me in the thigh when I was a kid, in a friend's birthday party, the pooch was eating a bone and I happened to be walking close and thought I was gonna take his bone so it attacked. Maybe it lacked decent training?. Anyway, it hurt and I had the the marks in my skin for several weeks.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

I was around 8 or 9 and was playing with the dog of a family friend. It was a German Shepard and I think I was playing tug of war or fetch or something? At any rate he had the toy in his mouth and I was holding it and kind of wiggling it. He let go and was so excited he bit my foot. I don't know why. Over excitement and thinking my sneaker was a toy? Who knows. It sucked and made me afraid of big dogs.

My husband got attacked by a dog where we used to live. He was walking down the sidewalk to get to the gym and passed a neighbor's house. She was outside with this big rottweiler. My husband didn't think much of this tiny lady kind of limply holding this massive dog...so he leaves the sidewalk and goes around her on the street so he doesn't cross her driveway. She grins and says to him "Oh don't worry about him...he's a big sweety!" No sooner do those words leave her mouth than the dog lunges and grabs my husband around the upper arm. It knocks my husband down to the ground and the lady is screaming at the dog and trying to get him off. I think my husband punched it a couple of times in the head as she's trying to get it off him. Thank god my husband was wearing a loose fitting leather jacket so the dog really only had the coat in it's mouth and not his arm, because it was worrying the hell out of his coat and ultimately put several large holes in it. She finally dragged the dog off him, crying and apologizing. My husband was in shock and just kind of mumbled "gently caress you and gently caress your dog." before getting back underway to the gym. He didn't report the incident, but we never saw that dog again. :shrug:

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I live in a white trash as gently caress area so everyone owns at least one super aggressive and territorial dog that they just let wander around loose at night, and I am on a night shift schedule so I get attacked at least once a week walking to/from the grocery store.

The most reliable way to shut down a dog is to grab their front legs and spread them straight outwards as hard as you can.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

I was a dog bather for 3~ years and did probably 6-13 dogs a day, most were repeat dogs

We knew ones to put muzzles on and could generally tell when one would be angry at the bath or the blow dryer (lots hated it)

I was bit twice in the entire time, first was me being an idiot and putting my hand in a cage when the dog (toy poodle :rolleyes: ) showed signs of being cage shy, it bit me on the thumb and hurt only slightly and it drew blood

Second was a toy schnauzer I was blow drying, it was completely normal and then wigged out and bit me, it probably bit me as hard as it could but it didn't even break the skin

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

When I was a kid I used to walk home from school and a dog chased me for a couple of blocks once. At the time I was scared shitless and to this day I still don't like dogs all that much but it's entirely possible he was just looking for some head scratches.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
I was scared of dogs as a kid since our neighbors had this giant doofy untrained lab that would bolt at me and jump on me and knock me down every time it was outside. I got over it and I have two dogs of my own now.

A couple months back I was out jogging with my dog and we ran into some pit mutt thing by itself on the path with no owner in sight and it went after my dog so I kicked it in the ribs out into the road. Don't know what happened to it and don't care. Leash your goddamn dog.

My only dog bites thus far that have broken skin have been accidental. One was at night when Dog 1 was going after Dog 2 for taking his spot on the bed but Dog 2 dodged and Dog 1 bit me in the face instead by accident (that was fun to explain at work the next day) and the others have been misguided toy grabs during games of tug and fetch.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Aged about 10 I was on a neighbour's farm and one of his collies went for me when I turned my back on it. Left two puncture marks on my arm and a cut on my face.

I was fine afterwards, in fact proud of my badass facial scar (small L-shaped nick on my cheek) which I delighted in showing off to the neighbour each time he came round to visit. It was many years later before I realised how poo poo I must have made him feel.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH
Never been attacked, but I've been menaced.

I was walking in the woods behind my house with my mom and my kids. An aggressive big Lab showed up out of nowhere and started coming toward us barking and in a pose that usually means that the dog is not to be trusted. Ears back, tail between it's legs, dangerous. I had my mom take the kids up the hill from the dog and I took a gamble and acted aggressively towards the dog. Loud yells of "Go home! Go! Go!" in a deep bark. I also approached it as I did this. It actually worked, the dog calmed down and turned tail. I got lucky, if he had decided to come at me, I'd have been toast.

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

i hope my friend dahmer has a happy ending
i was murdered by a dog in my infancy. it was a terrier of some description. huge and acutely sharp. its head a fiendish brick and its eyes like lethal lamplights, anyway it consumed me

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
Bitten twice by a Golden Retriever on Christmas Day because I tried to pet him when he was eating. Got me once around the armpit and again on the left hand. I could have been bitten in more places but they're the only places I still have scars, about 20 years later. Was scared of dogs for years afterward.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

RODNEY THE RACEHOR posted:

i was murdered by a dog in my infancy. it was a terrier of some description. huge and acutely sharp. its head a fiendish brick and its eyes like lethal lamplights, anyway it consumed me

are you manifested within that dog? how is it? how do you type with those paws?

RikkiTikkiTavi
Aug 24, 2008

This happened when I was a kid. I was bending over to put a leash on a friend's dog, and the dog jumped up and bit me. Went through my top lip and knocked one of my front teeth out. I went to the ER, and they found my tooth which was put back in via root canal. (That had to be replaced with an implant eventually). The dog was put down, they think it was going senile.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

I was 12 and in my mom's coworker's backyard with my little brother and the coworker's two young kids. They had a lab/chow mix that was leashed up a fence in the back of their yard and I was one of those kids who thought all animals loved me so I went over to say hi without being introduced. I put my hand out for it to sniff and totally ignored the fact that it was frozen and giving me the evil eye because animals loved me it was fine! Dog grabbed my upper arm and then tried to snap at my face but I had fallen backwards so it just grazed my scalp. I went inside and told my mom that I needed a band-aid because I could see inside my arm. I got 7 stitches and a tetanus shot, the dog got quarantined but I explained that it was my fault and the dog lived out the rest of it's days just fine. I never became afraid of dogs and have worked in a kennel and a dog training facility since, but my brother who witnessed the event was terrified of them for years.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007
Growing up I was freaked out by some of my family member's dogs. One of my uncle's bread chocolate labs. And in my defense, those suckers are huge by 4 year old standards, even if they just want to lick your face It's still really terrifying.

As I got older, I got used to living around dogs. My family adopted a mutt that as near as we could guess was part chow, part golden retriever, part lab. (We kind of guessed on the part chow because she had a chow tail.) The worst thing that vicious mutt ever did was step on my balls looking for a place to sleep during a thunderstorm.

I was visiting a friends place back in HS. My friend's Mom had some wire haired terriers that controlled a seat. My friend warned me not to touch his mom's dog.

I was used to big nice dogs that gave up their seat on demand. So I figured I could just pick up a terrier, and toss it on the floor.

As soon as I tried to pick it up, the dog went absolutely apeshit and cut the gently caress out of my hand. I needed a few stitches afterwards. Lesson learned, terriers are assholes.

My friend's defense of my mini-mauling was basically, "Hey, I told you not to do that, but you did it anyway." Which I couldn't argue with.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jun 5, 2016

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
One time a dog bit my hand when I tried to pet it. I bled a lot. I didn't tell anyone because I didn't want it put dogs. I love dogs and have 2 dogs.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
I got bit in the face and required 12 stitches and it chipped a tooth when i was 13. It wasn't pleasant.

Welcome to GBS
Feb 26, 2011

I was also bit when I was in middle school. The dog was on a leash and I tried to pet it, and it sliced my hand right open right between my left pinky and ring finger. This is when I first realized how queasy I got at the sight of my own blood. The owner made the dog wear a muzzle after that which made me feel pretty bad.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
We adopted a 2.5yo bloodhound who had more or less lived in kennels his whole life. To say he was food aggressive was an understatement. One say soon after we got him he went at my gf pretty badly and I cold cocked him with a paperback copy of The Stand. It took like a year but we are best buddies now, he still growls and nips at me when we are playing or if his dinner is late but I can shut him down with a word and a soft grab of his muzzle. He treats my gf like a normal dog/master thing and has never gone after her again but I think he sees me as a fellow dog who somehow gets to sleep in the bed and can eat when ever I want to, but he is a pretty good bro and I have more or less cuddled him into submission.

bongwizzard fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jun 11, 2016

Grimes
Nov 12, 2005

When I was 5, I pretended to eat my friend's dog's food and it bit me square in the forehead. It took 15 stitches and I still have a scar where all four of the teeth went in.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Came home after traveling for a week, and my dog was so excited to see me she wanted to jump into my arms.

This is a 70 pound dog. Knocked me down a few stairs and I hit my head first on the floor. Had a real bad concussion.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

bongwizzard posted:

We adopted a 2.5yo bloodhound who had more or less lived in kennels his whole life. To say he was food aggressive was an understatement. One say soon after we got him he went at my gf pretty badly and I cold cocked him with a paperback copy of The Stand. It took like a year but we are best buddies now, he still growls and nips at me when we are playing or if his dinner is late but I can shut him down with a word and a soft grab of his muzzle. He treats my gf like a normal dog/master thing and has never gone after her again but I think he sees me as a fellow dog who somehow gets to sleep in the bed and can eat when ever I want to, but he is a pretty good bro and I have more or less cuddled him into submission.

Luckily you were reading The Stand, it's a goddamn deadly weapon.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Lord Ephraim posted:

Came home after traveling for a week, and my dog was so excited to see me she wanted to jump into my arms.

This is a 70 pound dog. Knocked me down a few stairs and I hit my head first on the floor. Had a real bad concussion.

Did she pee everywhere?

I've seen a lot of YouTube videos of dogs seeing their owners who've come back from Iraq/Afghanistan, and they all pee everywhere in excitement.

Floating Fish
Aug 8, 2005
Is it... dead?
I got attacked by two pit-bulls as I was walking my dog (shiba inu mix) down the street. We've done this daily for the past 6 years and always avoid this street for this reason but the owner had just let them off their tie-out and they saw us and ran down the block. As the first one approached I stepped between it and my dog and put my knee up to block it. The second one hit my dog from the side and as i turned to react, the first one grabbed my wrist and pulled me to the ground. Everything happened really fast and I only remember bits and pieces of the fight. One dog had pinned mine down by the throat while other was grabbing at his body. I kicked them off and tried to pick my dog up but they jumped back in and pinned me down by the shoulder. I covered my dog with my body and had one arm over his throat and the second over mine. One of the pit-bulls grabbed my dogs front paw and crushed it in its jaw. I started punching it in the face and managed to get it off but got my hand pretty torn up in the process. I don't think ill ever forget the sound of teeth going through bone and the yelp that followed. The owner of the two dogs was running around trying to pull his dogs and finally broke one of the them away. I was able to get up and fight the second one off while he dragged the other inside. We just kind of huddled in the middle of the street while he dragged off the second one. I used a neighbors phone to call my wife and have her pick us up. We wrapped my dogs paw and took him to the vet before going to the emergency room. My dog had dozens of punctures and his paw was completely crushed, It took over a week of calling around to find a surgeon that was willing to touch it. He has two pins and one bone is wrapped in wire. I had the veins on my left wrist torn open, my right hand was shredded on every soft part where the teeth could sink into. My left upper arm was also torn from getting pinned down. I think I counted 27 punctures. The police came to the emergency room and took a statement but nothing ever came of it and the dogs are still there but at least the owner payed for all of the vet and medical expenses. I was hesitant to write this up because a lot of the people that Ive talked to get really defensive about pit-bulls and ends in a really awkward "maybe if you didn't dress like that you wouldn't get raped" sort of way.

Floating Fish fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jun 12, 2016

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Floating Fish posted:

I got attacked by two pit-bulls as I was walking my dog (shiba inu mix) down the street. We've done this daily for the past 6 years and always avoid this street for this reason but the owner had just let them off their tie-out and they saw us and ran down the block. As the first one approached I stepped between it and my dog and put my knee up to block it. The second one hit my dog from the side and as i turned to react, the first one grabbed my wrist and pulled me to the ground. Everything happened really fast and I only remember bits and pieces of the fight. One dog had pinned mine down by the throat while other was grabbing at his body. I kicked them off and tried to pick my dog up but they jumped back in and pinned me down by the shoulder. I covered my dog with my body and had one arm over his throat and the second over mine. One of the pit-bulls grabbed my dogs front paw and crushed it in its jaw. I started punching it in the face and managed to get it off but got my hand pretty torn up in the process. I don't think ill ever forget the sound of teeth going through bone and the yelp that followed. The owner of the two dogs was running around trying to pull his dogs and finally broke one of the them away. I was able to get up and fight the second one off while he dragged the other inside. We just kind of huddled in the middle of the street while he dragged off the second one. I used a neighbors phone to call my wife and have her pick us up. We wrapped my dogs paw and took him to the vet before going to the emergency room. My dog had dozens of punctures and his paw was completely crushed, It took over a week of calling around to find a surgeon that was willing to touch it. He has two pins and one bone is wrapped in wire. I had the veins on my left wrist torn open, my right hand was shredded on every soft part where the teeth could sink into. My left upper arm was also torn from getting pinned down. I think I counted 27 punctures. The police came to the emergency room and took a statement but nothing ever came of it and the dogs are still there but at least the owner payed for all of the vet and medical expenses. I was hesitant to write this up because a lot of the people that Ive talked to get really defensive about pit-bulls and ends in a really awkward "maybe if you didn't dress like that you wouldn't get raped" sort of way.

:( That's awful and I'm glad both you and your dog came out okay. It's great that the owner paid your expenses without you having to take them to court and I really hope they've learned their lesson about letting their dogs off-leash. I love pit bulls, but many, many of them are dog aggressive and that's not something to be taken lightly.

My story: When I was young, like 7 or 8, it was the early nineties and where I lived at least, cocker spaniels were ridiculously popular. They were at least three houses that had one on my street. A few of us kids walked up the cul-de-sac to see if another kid could come out and play. One kid went up and knocked on the door while the rest of us waited at the curb. The kid's dad answered the door, and their cocker spaniel slipped by him and charged straight at our group, barking and growling and gnashing his teeth. I don't know if it was going specifically for me or if it just targeted me because I started running first, but it chased me halfway down the road and finally caught up and bit me hard on the back of my leg. At that point, the dad from the house caught up and pulled him off of me. He apologized and said to tell my parents that the dog had all of his shots. I remember crying the rest of the way back to my house, but since the dog didn't really break any skin, I didn't tell my parents. After that, I was terrified to bike or walk around my neighborhood for years and years.

Oddly enough, I worked at a veterinary clinic for many years and never managed to get bit. Nearly everyone in the field has that one breed that they just don't like and cockers are them for me. Met many more cockers in my time there though and I can safely say gently caress them. Nasty little shits with gross-rear end skin issues and horrible ear funk.

Enhydra lutris
Apr 27, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I was bitten by a Chesapeake Bay Retriever; the Dog removed the Sandwich that I was eating (Sausage and Tomato Sauce) from my Plate while I was momentarily distracted by a Lemon Yellow Car; I attempted to retrieve the Sandwich; the Dog emitted a Coarse Huff and bit my Hand; however I did not suffer significant Tissue Damage; and did not retaliate legally or physically. The Dog remains alive; I saw it upon visiting the Town recently; it seems healthy (Lustrous Pelt; Unimpeded Movement; Slim Physique) and Non Aggressive toward passers by.

Enhydra lutris
Apr 27, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I had several not so great dog interactions as a kid.

When i was about five, a neighbor down the street had a wolf hybrid. It wasn't a terrible dog, it was just a wolf hybrid. One day it wandered into our yard and I ran away from it, so it chased me. I remember it chasing me into a ditch in the snow and grabbing me by my arm in its mouth and shaking me before my dad ran out and kicked it off me. It was winter and I was wearing a thick carhart jacket so it didn't really injure me badly. I was told years later that my dad shot that dog, which I bet sucked for him, since he is a huge softy for animals.

When i was eight I was playing with a neighbor's chow, and it chomped right up my arm when i yanked a toy away from it. My arm was all black and blue. That time I was told to stop being a dick to dogs, and that chows are mean sometimes.

I don't remember this, but when I was about two we had these two little dogs, a scotty and a westy, and the westy was kind of testy. I had a habit of trying to eat his food out of his bowl, and I guess a couple of times he bit me.

Anyway, none of those caused me any dog issues, I've loved them my whole life.
Testy Westy

Enhydra lutris
Apr 27, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Working Kelpies are notorious for being Nippy (prone to Nipping); however I have never been nipped by a Kelpie; the Secret is a calm approach; and personable voice; and to not encroach upon their Food Vicinity with out a Reason; if encroachment is necessary they may be placated through Steady Murmurings; and Firm No.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I was a stupid poo poo kid who didn't like that a dog wasn't giving me attention or playing with me so I got up in its face and pushed it around until it nipped at my nose. No blood, no mark. I realized I should probably read dogs better and not be a poo poo.

muskrat
Aug 16, 2004
Little boy, age 7-8. Went with my mom to pick up older sister from her friend's house. Both mothers talking in the doorway, beautiful golden retriever sitting there near me. I leaned over to pet it and doge jumped up and bit me in the face. No blood, no scars. All I remember is feeling shocked and the woman was incredibly embarrassed (I would be too).

I figure(d) it was my fault. No fault against doge, it probably felt cornered.

Fast forward 15-20 years, I ask my sister how her friend is doing. She and her friend had OD'ed while working and partying over in Amsterdam. hosed.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

What would be the best way to kill or incapacitate an attacki g dog, unarmed? Let's say that I or another person is being attacked by one or two pitbulls. Serious question.

The videos I've seen involve someone feebly swatting at the pitbull with a stick or something. I'm thinking you need to attack the eyes or throat and fight to kill. I assume people are worried about hurting the dog, but in a situation where a dog is attacking me or a family member, I'm not going to mess around (obviously not talking about a random nip, but some dog charging you).

I walk around with my toddler in a neighborhood with some poorly trained dogs behind bad fences, so I want to be ready.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I never quite understood some people's fears of dogs, especially pitbulls. Where I live basically every dog you encounter is owned by someone and pretty well behaved and generally quite friendly and excited to meet humans and other dogs. Any unfriendly dogs are responsibly kept at a distance by their owners who try to be as proactive as possible to warn people that their dog isn't "dog friendly" or what ever. Basically I grew up in a place where all dogs are chill and friendly and owners responsible. There are no wild/stray dogs either and having an unfixed animal is almost unheard of and will get you mountains of scorn that you're a trash pet owner.

But then I see videos and news stories of lovely garbage people in garbage neighbourhoods who will get a couple pit bulls or what ever lovely big dog they associate with being macho, and then they keep them on chains or just let roam, never fix them, never train them, and never take any sort of responsibility for them. They end up just being semi-wild dogs roaming around the neighbourhood menacing people, and a lot of their garbage owners actually encourage them to be aggressive because they want a macho guard dog or what ever. It's hosed up and everyone involved needs to be neutered or put down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

Thesaurus posted:

What would be the best way to kill or incapacitate an attacki g dog, unarmed? Let's say that I or another person is being attacked by one or two pitbulls. Serious question.

The videos I've seen involve someone feebly swatting at the pitbull with a stick or something. I'm thinking you need to attack the eyes or throat and fight to kill. I assume people are worried about hurting the dog, but in a situation where a dog is attacking me or a family member, I'm not going to mess around (obviously not talking about a random nip, but some dog charging you).

I walk around with my toddler in a neighborhood with some poorly trained dogs behind bad fences, so I want to be ready.

I know you said "unarmed", but my in-laws would carry pepper spray and a small bat when they would go running. They lived in the back woods of Georgia where dogs are rarely chained and mostly just kind of roamed around. What do dogs love? Chasing poo poo. So they would have to persuade the dogs to leave them alone. This worked fine until the time my father in-law (with the bat) out paced my MIL and a dog got her calf. It was on her so quick she didn't even notice til it was chewing on her. She sprayed it and it let go..but the damage was done. She had to get something like 100 stitches because the dog pretty much "laid her open like roast beef" according to FIL.

so carry a small bat, and remain vigilant.

• Locked thread