Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

the #DQ30th hashtag on Twitter automatically adds a lil' slime to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh and I paid for 8 from money from Amazon mechanical Turk when it first came out and had a script running to make money and I got a ton of games that way before they changed what you had to do

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Playing DQ3 on the gba were some of my best times.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Playing DQ5 on my 3DS were some of my best slimes.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

still proud I beat the game with my blue slime and my slime knight in my party. what a great ending it made for.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

*stands up from cricle of gamers under a dangly light in a basement* I first played DQ in 2008 when the IV remake came out on Nintendo DS.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

*stands up from cricle of gamers under a dangly light in a basement* I first played DQ in 2008 when the IV remake came out on Nintendo DS.

It was cool that we actually got those remakes

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i played them on flashcart and really want physical copies now

fiber
Nov 18, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9m8uRfOl8s&feature=youtu.be

dq builders coming to america

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I just got heroes and it's the only one I've played. It's $33 with dlc on psn right now. I really hope 8 comes to ps4

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Bolverkur posted:

the #DQ30th hashtag on Twitter automatically adds a lil' slime to it

I tried to copy and past it into my post but it didn't work.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Is the iOS port of V good?

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I played through all of the main DQ games last summer and that was some badass gaming. I haven't played Heroes yet but I don't think I want to. Not $40 want to anyway.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Hell i mad it to 46 two days ago and no one said anythong

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Bolverkur posted:

my first encounter with Dragon Quest was actually as a kid, when I got this game because I read such good reviews about it in N64 magazine and wanted Pokémon in color

it was kinda too tough for me, but I had fun playing all the same. this series has gone on as Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker on DS and I'm stoked to give them a try. I hope the Joker 3, the newly released 3DS game, makes it to US/EU.

This was the first one I played too

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Which ones are available on 3DS?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Average Bear posted:

Which ones are available on 3DS?

4, 5, 6, 9 and soon 7 and 8.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

The nearest Gamestop only had VI, how's that one?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Black Baby Goku posted:

My first experience with Dragon Quest was when it was called dragon warrior and Nintendo power sent it to us for free. I played the rest as they came out and it was a special day in my house. My dad and I played 1-4 together and then later I bought 7 and destroyed that. I beat 8 my first year of college. God bless this series.

dragon warrior was the only game my mother ever played and beat

she thought the ending blew dicks but admitted she'd had a lot of fun with the game

i never went back to any other DQ game i probably should

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

In Training posted:

4, 5, 6, 9 and soon 7 and 8.

Nice. Probably will pick up 4 off the e shop to try this series

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Er sorry. All of those are physical only, I don't think there's any DQ games on the eshop.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Ah, poo poo.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Specifically 4 5 6 and 9 are DS games that work on 3DS

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Which means they're probably expensive

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Didn't Square Enix have a sale on these on their webstore not so long ago? If you live in the US I think you can get them for a decent price.

Seems like the others have sold out, but you can get DQV for 20 bux, which is a goddamn steal:

https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/281971/dragon-quest-v-hand-of-the-heavenly-bride-ds

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Average Bear posted:

Which means they're probably expensive

I was able to get the carts for around 20 or less each, DS carts are still recent enough and ubiquitous enough (probably due to the 3DS still affording playability) that prices haven't skyrocketed.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I started playing 4 on NES, is it worth it to play the DS version instead or nah?

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Chill Penguin posted:

I started playing 4 on NES, is it worth it to play the DS version instead or nah?

please do yourself the favor of playing Dragon Quest IV on the DS. or even iOS if you can stand touchscreen and want the party chat included.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Bolverkur posted:

please do yourself the favor of playing Dragon Quest IV on the DS. or even iOS if you can stand touchscreen and want the party chat included.

Are there major changes besides graphix

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Chill Penguin posted:

Are there major changes besides graphix

Being able to actually control party members is a pretty big deal.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like the NES version of 4 but that is nostalgia talking

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime is also amazing.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/6345-how-many-different-games-in-the-main-dragon-quest-warrior

shameful

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I left this website behind after the Undertale debacle.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

My friend still checks the poll of the day every day.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Unfortunately I am part of the 42.0%.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Average Bear posted:

Play 4 and then 8 and then all of them

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

ol yeller posted:

Play 4 and then 8 and then all of them

Will do

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Average Bear posted:

I started with 4 and then 5 and found it to be an incredible gaming experience playing in that order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I enjoyed Dragon Warrior Warriors a lot too. I'm a big sucker for the musou genre.

• Locked thread