Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Ordered 4 on Amazon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Average Bear posted:

Ordered 4 on Amazon

m'boi

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Average Bear posted:

Ordered 4 on Amazon

gently caress yeah.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Average Bear posted:

Ordered 4 on Amazon

Enjoy the ride

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Toreneko FTW

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

the DS remakes are some of the best gaming to ever be had of all life.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
If I haven't played any of the DS ones is 4 the best starting point? Played 3 on GBC forever ago and 8 on PS2 and that's it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I was playing 3 on an airplane and a japanese guy saw me and showed me how his smartphone had the resting in an inn jingle as a ringtone and it blew my little pre-9/11 mind

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
How did he have a smartphone before 9/11.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

Japanese people have had smartphones since the 90s

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Incredible

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Japanese people have had smartphones since the 90s

sugoi...

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

rediscover posted:

It was closer to a blackberry than an iphone but it was some extremely sick japnese tech

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

western games sell so poorly in japan because they were playing halo 2 on their smartphones in 1993

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I remember being blown away hearing that the Japanese had Resident Evil 3 on their cell phones back around 2005.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

goferchan posted:

It was closer to a blackberry than an iphone but it was some extremely sick japnese tech

was it a palm pilot

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I'm glad they finally announced that Dragon Quest Builders is coming to North America. That one looks like a ton of fun.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

Hell i mad it to 46 two days ago and no one said anythong

Happy belated birthday

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

how far into DQIV until it starts picking up a little bit (like with party composition options, more spells, optional crap to do, etc)? I'm a ways into chapter 2 and sorta burning out, the dialogue and the monster designs are great but the gameplay just feels like im grinding to level up and get gold to buy equipment (that just increases stats with no other effects) and doing the same thing in every battle . does the gameplay open up more later or would I be better off buying DQ6 or DQ9 or something? I love job systems

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

goferchan posted:

how far into DQIV until it starts picking up a little bit (like with party composition options, more spells, optional crap to do, etc)? I'm a ways into chapter 2 and sorta burning out, the dialogue and the monster designs are great but the gameplay just feels like im grinding to level up and get gold to buy equipment (that just increases stats with no other effects) and doing the same thing in every battle . does the gameplay open up more later or would I be better off buying DQ6 or DQ9 or something? I love job systems

keep playing please

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

goferchan posted:

I'd stick with it. Just take it easy and enjoy the storytelling. Chapter 2 is sorta dull because it's basically Dragon Quest II.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Ok ill stay the course on IV. Next chapter is the merchant one right? Technically I think the first Dragon Quest I played was a bootleg chinese copy of the mystery dungeon game starring him

Crinklepouch
May 30, 2016

Its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys.
Dragon Warrior

I have it in box with the manual and the maps and stuff, it's probably my favorite thing in my collection

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Average Bear posted:

Ordered 4 on Amazon

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779290

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll sell you my 4 and 6 carts because I'll probably never replay them, but I think I wanna hang onto V forever.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

I'll sell you my 4 and 6 carts because I'll probably never replay them, but I think I wanna hang onto V forever.

that would be cool

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

when you played them all. how did you play 1 2 and 3

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

when you played them all. how did you play 1 2 and 3
Emulators for 1/2 and 3 on *shudder* my phone

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I like the mobile version of 3. I've played through it twice.

Super incredibly pumped for DQ Builders. October HOOOOOOOO!!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i hadnt realized that sa-mart is dead

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Been playing warriors and it's really fun. Just finished the coliseum robots and things are starting to get hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

i hadnt realized that sa-mart is dead

think again
Capsuled Nootropics: Pira/Ani/Oxi/Pramiracetam Super Cheap
Pages: 1234567... Last
Let Them Eat Cake 1817 114263
21:19 Jun 6, 2016
MattLochNessMonster

CHEAP, Pre-pilled, Nootropics ---Goon discount!
Pages: 1234567
nooblube 252 12187
22:57 Jun 9, 2016
nooblube

• Locked thread