Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

absolutely anything posted:

im not trying to sound braggy but i think bayo2 is mostly kinda easy and its part of the reason i like bayo1 a lil more

youre crazy. thats badass tho

bayo 2 does let you cheat a little for the plat, using the invincibility item doesnt count against you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
none of the items do, but i didnt use them because im still an honorable gamer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

im not trying to sound braggy but i think bayo2 is mostly kinda easy and its part of the reason i like bayo1 a lil more

I ran through 1 quick when 2 came out because it came with both and I haven't revisited it since, I should play it again to compare

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

youre crazy. thats badass tho

bayo 2 does let you cheat a little for the plat, using the invincibility item doesnt count against you

From what I remember witch time across the board is easier to trigger and let's do hella more damage compared to 1. But my memory is hazy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also wouldn't say infinite climax is easy but for someone who has all platted it I can't imagine they compare to the average gamer.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the postgame difficulty in bayo 1 was super crazy though. at least you still have witch time in 2 lmao in bayo 1 they put enemies that outright dont let you activate it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Also I didn't realize this until now but you can play as OG Bayonetta and she does 3x damage but everything does 3x damage to her. Fun way to play if you're going to for platinums

Dude... that's Bayonetta's mom.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Dude... that's Bayonetta's mom.

I skip all the cutscenes :P

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

In Training posted:

Also I didn't realize this until now but you can play as OG Bayonetta and she does 3x damage but everything does 3x damage to her. Fun way to play if you're going to for platinums

the platinum trophy is changed to a trophy of rosa instead of bayo so if u try to show it off to people they'll know that you used the super OP character to get it

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

bayo 2 is easier and there's stupid mechanics changes and the story/characters aren't as good, but there's also much less of the charming but sometimes annoying kamiya idiosyncrasies like super long tributes to sega arcade games and gently caress-you qtes

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

In Training posted:

Also the parts where the kid is opening portals to heaven and you fly in to steal keys and then have weird little minigames where you are dive kicking for minutes and blowing up crystals ... Fuuuuck

uh those last for like five seconds

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Platinum ftmfw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

conceitedguy posted:

bayo 2 is easier and there's stupid mechanics changes and the story/characters aren't as good, but there's also much less of the charming but sometimes annoying kamiya idiosyncrasies like super long tributes to sega arcade games and gently caress-you qtes

what were the major mechanical changes? I haven't played 1 in a while

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

the uh umbran climax or whatever super-mode is really overpowered, and to balance it they made magic charge slower, but also they made it so you don't lose magic on getting hit. basically you're incentivized to bust out big dumb supermode a lot instead of using accesories or torture attacks.. and uh you can mash the dodge button to get crow within and negate damage unlike bayo 1 wher eyou had to time it precisely. the enemies will also like randomly shield against attacks which makes it harder to juggle them iirc. i think uh getting counters/guards also doesn't increase your magic as much as in the first game. a bunch of stuff that kinda minimizes the risk/reward tension. there were some good writeups in youtube comments by some bayo nuts but i don't remember where they were lol

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

they put Big Stupid Flashy Overpowered Supermodes in bayo 2 and metal gear rising for whatever reason, boring old supermodes are STUPID

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

oh and they just had to give umbran climax its own button so they put it on L and moved taunt to the d-pad which makes it much more awkward to taunt. they should made Supermore pushing in both sticks like in metal gear rising

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Thanking about chankquish. Jagshamsesh, my namea borat lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Lol

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I forgot rising had a supermode, I never used it

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

conceitedguy posted:

the uh umbran climax or whatever super-mode is really overpowered, and to balance it they made magic charge slower, but also they made it so you don't lose magic on getting hit. basically you're incentivized to bust out big dumb supermode a lot instead of using accesories or torture attacks.. and uh you can mash the dodge button to get crow within and negate damage unlike bayo 1 wher eyou had to time it precisely. the enemies will also like randomly shield against attacks which makes it harder to juggle them iirc. i think uh getting counters/guards also doesn't increase your magic as much as in the first game. a bunch of stuff that kinda minimizes the risk/reward tension. there were some good writeups in youtube comments by some bayo nuts but i don't remember where they were lol

there was also a lot of complaints about how the plat requirements for time were a lot stricter which encouraged doing the bare minimum of combos for plat before breaking out super mode to take down enemies under the time requirement

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bayo 2's bosses are so much more fun to me and it has competitive co-op, so I can't like Bayo 1 more even if it is harder. Some of the 3 star verses in Tag Climax are tougher than Bayo 1 imo

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Tag Climax is so drat good for quick gaming sessions

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

i wish they put in a solo option for playing the 'tag climax' verses.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

did anyone ever play the co-op portion of wonderful 101? im curious about it but i dont have any local friends who are into that type of game

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I only played bayo1 on ps3 and the lovely versh made me not want to replay it even though it was a really good game...... reason 2,970 to get a WiiU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I skip all the cutscenes :P

what

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

how do you see epic close ups of bayonettas rear end?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i'm crossing the ol fingers that the new nintendo console will have some backwards compatibility so i can play bayo 2 and wonderful 101

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Homework Explainer posted:

i'm crossing the ol fingers that the new nintendo console will have some backwards compatibility so i can play bayo 2 and wonderful 101

you can play those on the wiiu right now

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

also overwatch av an gangtag lmfao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Homework Explainer posted:

Get a Wii U

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

trying to jack off posted:

also overwatch av an gangtag lmfao

yeah i regretted it roughly five minutes after getting it

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je1J4TxldPY good grief

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/08/04/vanquish-pc-port-teased/

At one point in the discussion, one of the translators asked if Vanquish might be coming to PC. Inaba coyly responded, “Hrm. I wonder… If you stop recording, I can talk about that.”

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

it is easier because fo climax mode bu t i like it more because there's no idiotic instant fail qtes or hour long fantasy zone refs. thats my response to a post form 2 months ago

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The Milkman posted:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/08/04/vanquish-pc-port-teased/

At one point in the discussion, one of the translators asked if Vanquish might be coming to PC. Inaba coyly responded, “Hrm. I wonder… If you stop recording, I can talk about that.”

pLeasE god

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

conceitedguy posted:

those aren't charming idiosyncracies gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

• Locked thread