Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Get in the barrel and roll up on em like a straight gangsta YEEAH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Hide in that barrel, the book gave it to us for a reason.

e: ^^^ We haven't learned the barrel roll secret technique yet. ^^^

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
tell them you are an excellent bone man

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Cathulhu posted:

Hide in that barrel, the book gave it to us for a reason.

e: ^^^ We haven't learned the barrel roll secret technique yet. ^^^

Good point I guess we need dexterity for that or something.

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
I never ended up buying this book - I was way more into scifi back when the two fisted games were being published (which is why the last thread was such a trip down memory lane). I'm pretty sure somewhere in my parents attic is a mint copy of that weird Ancient Egyptian/Star Trek cyoa. Star Pharoah and the Curse of the Mummy's Black Hole? Something like that.

Anyway, any option where we can use our barrel to metal-gear-solid our way past the encounter gets my vote. If that isn't an option we better just start gardening until the situation resolves itself.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
You're a skeleton! Creep! It's what you're good at!

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind

psychokitty posted:

Good point I guess we need dexterity for that or something.

Nah, I think the bonewheel move mentions dexterity, but I don't think it's a requirement for anything. It has been a while though. I found it in the garbage room when I was eight. I remember playing through it until it burst into flames, so everything I say might just be child-me misremembering or misreading.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

I think creeping up narrowly has it here. Update coming soon.

E: on second count it's a tie between barging in, creeping up on them or hiding in a barrel. next vote carries it.

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 20:11 on May 28, 2016

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
BARREL HIDE

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

barrel hide it is! update soon

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I DID IT

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

They'll barrel-ly know we're there!

I'll just see myself out....

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
At some point we need to hide in a dungeon or basement or something and drag an adventurer into the barrel while they're searching for treasure.

"Oh, it's just a bunch of old bones, maybe there's something in this onYEAA GAAHH!"

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Outrail posted:

At some point we need to hide in a dungeon or basement or something and drag an adventurer into the barrel while they're searching for treasure.

"Oh, it's just a bunch of old bones, maybe there's something in this onYEAA GAAHH!"

this is the dream of every decroded skeleton

Here's the update:

Last time (fully scanned in now):

We bravely hide (249):

and that happens.

Well, what now? I'll get back to rummaging around for the scraps that seem to have fallen out of every part of this book while you consult your copies and memories for the next move.

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 00:49 on May 29, 2016

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Clearly we need to wait for the elves to kill the bear then replace are own limbs with the right two bear arms.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Pop out of the barrel, cackling madly. Wave your arms and bob back and forth, swinging your shears haphazardly at any nearby targets.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Fellbat posted:

Clearly we need to wait for the elves to kill the bear then replace are own limbs with the right two bear arms.

yeah you've played this before. it all goes downhill from here. There's a reason this book was singled out as the most disgusting entry in the series.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Pop out of the barrel just long enough to throw a single bone and have it travel very slowly through the air in the general direction of your targets. Do this once per second.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Wait for an opportune moment while the Elves and Hippandros are busy and Unleash our enslaved brethren!

Since we're just bones the bear doesn't see us as food, but he'll attack everything else.

I can't remember if he becomes our buddy or trundles off after the fight though, I read a reprint that read a little weird with non-matching page numbers so I guess it was one of Two Fisted Steve's attempts at 'editing' the original.

After the fight we should get the option of 'upgrading' our appendages, or at least taking a spare or two.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 00:28 on May 29, 2016

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
Punch an elf in the dick

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
I already retired from this adventure it never do what I say :colbert:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Outrail posted:

Wait for an opportune moment while the Elves and Hippandros are busy and Unleash our enslaved brethren!

Since we're just bones the bear doesn't see us as food, but he'll attack everything else.

I can't remember if he becomes our buddy or trundles off after the fight though, I read a reprint that read a little weird with non-matching page numbers so I guess it was one of Two Fisted Steve's attempts at 'editing' the original.

After the fight we should get the option of 'upgrading' our appendages, or at least taking a spare or two.

From a certain point of view, our "enslaved brethren" are actually the skeletons of the men and elves trapped within living flesh. We have an obligation to free all of them.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

JiveHonky posted:

Punch this guy in the dick

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

JiveHonky posted:

it's a team effort! :crossarms:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Whatever you do, make sure to make a skeleton pun like "roll them bones!" if we decide to roll at them in our barrel and bowl them over like ninepins.

Or "I guess you're boned!" (general application)

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Every update that passes without a skeleton pun is a disgrace.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Poland Spring posted:

Punch this guy in the dick

Hide dick in barrel

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Applewhite posted:

From a certain point of view, our "enslaved brethren" are actually the skeletons of the men and elves trapped within living flesh. We have an obligation to free all of them.

That is an extremely valid point. Happily, by releasing the bear we achieve the same result with more mayhem and hopefully less danger to our own flesh-less skeleton.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
"SOCKET to me!" (shouted while launching a dagger from one of our empty eye sockets)

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Don't get RATTLED when things get rough!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Applewhite posted:

Whatever you do, make sure to make a skeleton pun like "roll them bones!" if we decide to roll at them in our barrel and bowl them over like ninepins.

Or "I guess you're boned!" (general application)

"I don't mean tibia bother!"

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

don't give me a ribbing just because mr. skull doesn't find puns patella-ble. I find them quite humerus myself.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
"Hey buddy, you've got a BONE CALL!" *Wallops guy with club made of own femur*

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
*kills man using a hammer, an anvil and a stirrup*

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

Arkanomen posted:

Don't get RATTLED when things get rough!

Until we get a special sword (if we get it), this is just good advice.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
If we get to the Captain's Ball section of the book make sure to say "Mind if I cut shin on this dance?!" to the Vice-Admiral and then stab them in the shins.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
The Bear Arms are great when paired up but obviously we need a Handy arm, so I say we should:
> Trip a passing elf
and maybe get the bastard's weapon in the process!

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I am fully in favor of trying to court the Admiral's fiancée but we should have the elf's fancy hat to go with that cloak from later on if we want to be fashionable so let's attack the elves.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

poisonpill posted:

I am fully in favor of trying to court the Admiral's fiancée but we should have the elf's fancy hat to go with that cloak from later on if we want to be fashionable so let's attack the elves.

Yeah you really have to plan ahead pretty far in advance to have a decent chance of success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I hope we get to meet some super gay elf skeletons.

• Locked thread