Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It looks like total poo poo. The art, animation, and characters look like the worst of anime. The people who watch it all seem to be little kids and little kids are stupid as gently caress.

If you watched it, you are probably stupid as gently caress, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
goku

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
well gently caress you, too

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i made the goku pants meme :goku:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Waltzing Along posted:

i can confirm this

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

this thread is rude.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

goku sucks poo poo

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

its a good show op i recommend it

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

dragonball z is cool and good

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

gt was better

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHR5OEFc5V8

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Tuxedo Gin posted:

gt was better

a bold statement

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
gt was super confusing to me as a kid because i guess they skipped some poo poo between dbz and gt and suddenly krillin was banging the android that i thought was dead and even as a little kid i knew that a man having children with an adroid is a sin against god and not really possible so idk

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Robo Reagan posted:

gt was super confusing to me as a kid because i guess they skipped some poo poo between dbz and gt and suddenly krillin was banging the android that i thought was dead and even as a little kid i knew that a man having children with an adroid is a sin against god and not really possible so idk

This totally proves my point.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
is your point that you're gay and should die because we already knew that

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

ive never seen casablanca

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
How many episodes of Big Bang Theory and Two Broke Girls do you have recorded op?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

get the gently caress out OP

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:
Watching it in the early 2000's as a nerdy teenager was loving awesome. I was fine with the tons of filler and at times terrible animation or dialogue. In fact pretty much all the dialogue is really bad in english. Some of the independent movies are ok in terms of quality. Would not watch it again, but I enjoyed it at the time.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Waltzing Along posted:

It looks like total poo poo. The art, animation, and characters look like the worst of anime. The people who watch it all seem to be little kids and little kids are stupid as gently caress.

u did watch it didnt u u fucken liar lol

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/kaylaobrientv/status/734023296560340992

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
i remember when i first saw dragon ball z i was like "wowzers this animation stlye reminds me of the chrono trigger box art thats so crazy" then years later i found out it was the same guy (akira toriyama)

rock teh dragon indeed

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

oh yeah that was a cool part

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Acid Haze posted:

Watching it in the early 2000's as a nerdy teenager was loving awesome. I was fine with the tons of filler and at times terrible animation or dialogue. In fact pretty much all the dialogue is really bad in english. Some of the independent movies are ok in terms of quality. Would not watch it again, but I enjoyed it at the time.

Wow..you watched it as a teenager? I only ever saw little kids watching it.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

i will go there this weekend and post a trip reprort

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

heres another cool part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MXYSyYWMgk

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
*spirit bombs OP*

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

i remember when i first saw dragon ball z i was like "wowzers this animation stlye reminds me of the chrono trigger box art thats so crazy" then years later i found out it was the same guy (akira toriyama)

rock teh dragon indeed

I loved that art style when I was a kid. I had Chrono trigger posters in my room. :D

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Robo Reagan posted:

It's cool, Krillin used the godlike power of the dragon to wish android 18 was alive and a real human so he could gently caress her.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The live action movie was cool because there were some hot asian girls

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

neither did I

cool beans, OP

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

DrManiac posted:

It's cool, Krillin used the godlike power of the dragon to wish android 18 was alive and a real human so he could gently caress her.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

I saw this dude wearing a button up DBZ short sleeve the other day where Goku was powering up to super saiyan and I was like "drat, that's straight gangster!"

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Pawn 17 posted:

I saw this dude wearing a button up DBZ short sleeve the other day where Goku was powering up to super saiyan and I was like "drat, that's straight gangster!"

ha ha! too right, homie!

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

ha ha! too right, homie!

unlike the OP who is a straight up bitch

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

Waltzing Along posted:

Wow..you watched it as a teenager? I only ever saw little kids watching it.

It was just being translated into english at the time. I think it was Toonami on cartoon network that showed new ones after midnight. Then when there were no more translated episodes it would go back to 1 and restart.

It was meant to be a kids show, especially in the english version with no profanity or blood.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I identify most with MR. Popo TBQH. Sorry you'll never know who that is. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
gonna power up for the next 15 pages, then i'm gonna beat the poo poo out of the OP

• Locked thread