Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
The Operational Art of War III is a soon to be obsolete (To be fair, it's a grog game, it was obsolete when it was released) grognard strategy game. Depending on the scenario, the game can either be an easy-ish light journey, or pounding through the gates of hell with thousands of units. The game looks like this:

Scenario: Global Conflict (Asia-Pacific 1988) by Haris Riris

Pretty typical grog affair. You capture victory points (Symbolized by flags). Obviously, the more the better. There are always three different outcomes, with two different sides having a special victory, or the worst of them all, draw. Once again, this is highly dependent on the scenarios, some scenarios offer very intricate options, like cities being captured causing morale to drop among units, or spawning rebel units in occupied territories. I am a big fan of low unit count but high variability.

Where do we come in?

You know who is really good at working together and being competent? Goons of course! :D There will be three levels of involvement.

A Goons commanding individual units. If you really want you can select a unit to either take control of (Which is a commitment), or you can spectate a unit. Just ask for a list of units if you want to spectate a unit and it becomes your lucky unit, I will provide updates on what's happening to them
B Polling. I will poll at the end of the turn something like this

Turn posted:

We have three options
A-contribute troops to Metz offensive
B-Pull troops to defend Belgium
C-dickbutt

If things need more explaining, feel free to ask and I will HAPPILY explain! Our opponent will be one of three things
A friend of mine who is willing to play counter to us, but he prefers smaller scenarios and is really good
The computer, if well programmed can be opposition
Me, if neither is an option. I will try to exercise neutrality.
We need to choose a scenario.

World War One by EB
Extent: Denmark in North, Central France in West, Smolnesk in East, portions of Ottoman Empire in South
Countries involved: Entente: France, Russia, UK, Belgium Italy (potentially) Netherlands (If invaded by Germany), Greece, Romania, Serbia, Montenegro. Central Powers: Germany, Austria-Hungary, Bulgaria, Ottoman Empire, Italy (potentially)
Complexity: Low

World War Two be EB

Extent: Urals in East, Britain (Technically USA) in West, Northern Africa in South, Central Scandinavia in North
Countries involved: I'm not listing all WWII countries.
Notes: The lead up to the beginning can pose a completely alternate WWII with a German civil war if things get out of control.
Complexity: Medium

Nordic Light
Extent: All of Scandinavia, parts of Russia
Countries involved: For allies, Finland, Sweden (Potentially Denmark, Norway, NATO) vs Russia
Notes: A very short but very bloody scenario
Complexity: High

Ireland on Fire Alex Logon
Extent: Ireland
Countries involved: UK vs Ireland (Potential for UN intervention)
Notes: Guerilla warfare scenario
Complexity: Very high

Wars of Religion Mark Stevens
Extent: Europe
Countries involved: More like "Protestants and Ottomans" vs Catholics
Notes: late 1500s to 1600s scenario. Pushes bounds of TOAW III.
Complexity: High

To vote, use the bolded name of the scenario (i.e. Nordic Light). The scenario chosen will be explained in depth

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 07:30 on May 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"
Ireland on Fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIvsFuk6RuE

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Nordic Light or Ireland on Fire for me, please. The others look way too big.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
-snip-

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 17:22 on May 27, 2016

az
Dec 2, 2005

I want to see Nordic Light.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Nordic Light sounds good to me

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Nordic Light it is. We will be playing as the Scandinavians.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
Im just gonna keep refreshing this page until I can claim the best unit :f5:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Capital Region

Important objectives here:Stockholm, Oslo

Stockholm is the heart of the Swedish government, with the HQ unit Överbefälhavaren (OB) stationed there. If the OB is destroyed, Swedish units will be reeling for the rest of the scenario. Currently neutral Norway has a majority of her units stationed in and around Oslo, prepping for Russian air assault. Swedish naval power is concentrated in this area, with naval command helicopters ready to scout, and Swedish destroyers set to interdict Russian sea invasions. If the Russians successfully capture this region, the scenario is essentially over.

Central/Eastern Finland

Jyväskylä, Imatar, Jonesuu, Vaasa

South-Central Finland is where the first Russian shunt will most likely be. Units here are members of the 7th and 6th army corps, with HQ in Jyväskylä. These units are a mix of simple border guards, light artillery, and motorized infantry. These units are essentially speed bumps to prevent the Russians from rolling to the coast. The Karelia brigade in Jonesuu will be the biggest opposition for Russian forces in the region. Loss of cities in this area will damage Finnish morale severely, as if the Russians push through, the country is effectively cut in two.

Arctic Region

Kirkenes (Norway), Ivalo, Murmansk

The bulk of Russian forces are based in Murmansk. These units will most likely invade Northern Finland and Sweden, but they are certainly ready to invade Norway at moments notice. Scandinavian resistance in this area is extremely poor. Light infantry known as Sissi will be blowing up bridges and cutting supply lines for Finland. The 3rd and 6th Sissi battalions will be doing the best they can, and will probably valiantly die for Finland.

Denmark/Southern Sweden

Copenhagen, Malmö, Trelleborg, Varberg

The army of Denmark waits for a Russian assault. The Swedish army in Scania is very strong, but will have to travel a long distance to reach the front lines of Finland. Swedish marines are available in the south for rapid transport. The highest risk for this area is Russian marines and paratroopers trying to disrupt Swedish command and control in the area. If NATO joins the war, Denmark can tip the balance in favor of the Scandinavians. American airpower will show up in Denmark if that happens.

Southern Finland/Gulf of Bothina

Leningrad, Helsinki, Mariehamn, Tampere, Turku

This is where the bulk of Finland's army is located, what little armor and mechanized units they have are ready to defend the capital. If Helsinki and Turku are captured, then Finland will waver quickly. Mariehamn/Åland controls the Gulf of Bothina and is defended by the measly local police. If Åland's police force gets it's rear end kicked, the Russians have a great stationing spot between Finland and Sweden which opens the Swedish capital of Stockholm up for attack. It might be wise to repurpose a Finnish unit for defense of Åland. The 4th Army Corps will be the primary defender of the region, and the 2nd Armored Brigade, one of Finland's few armored units will be trying to hold down the capital region and save Finland from certain destruction.

Gulf of Bothina

Oulu, Lulea

A majority of Sweden's special forces are here. Paratroopers, marines, and rangers. The paratroopers and marines will best be suited for harassing supply lines and shoring up the defense of Northern Finland and Sweden, while the rangers will be staying home, blowing up bridges and waiting for the Russian threat.

Other information

This number will decrease with every large city captured. We can also use points from the total for special actions. These special actions are:

200 Points-NATO enters war, brings USA, France, UK, Norwegian, Danish, German units into brawl
50 points-Chemical weapons
100 points-Nuclear weapons

Bringing NATO into the war will tip air and land power in Scandinavias favor, but can put the very soft Norway at risk for being broken up by Russian Spetznaz.

Unit claiming: If you want to claim a unit, and do not know a specific name of the unit, list some variables and I will assign one for you (i.e. I want a Finnish Sissi unit, I want a Swedish airforce unit, I want a Danish destroyer squad) and I will find a unit that fits. Some suggestions for powerful or unique units are listed with the region descriptions.

First order of business is a poll, you can select any amount of options unless they obviously contradict. (So you could do A, C but not A, B

A-Move Finnish mechanized onto border.

By doing this, the border units will have much needed help from armored units and buy Sweden and other Finnish units time. The drawback to this is that once the border guards and mechanized units get overwhelmed, the Finns will have little in the way of interior defense.

B-Leave Finnish units where they are.

This will keep status quo for the Finnish soldiers. Essentially, this seals the border guards fate, but the Russians will have more difficulty penetrating into the Finnish country side and capital region.

C-Shore up defenses in Mariehamn

This will transfer Finnish marine units to Åland. This will weaken Finland's main defenses, but will defend Åland from the possibility of being overrun and causing problems for all of the Gulf of Bothina

D-Beg NATO to join

Exactly what it says. It will cost 200 points to do so. If we want NATO to join, we should do it early so Finland doesn't crumble immediately.

E-Immediately transfer Swedish units to Finland

In the first three turns, only Swedish airborne and marine units can enter Finland, this would drop/sail them in right away, at the expense of the defense of Sweden.

Short Answer-Destroy bridges or not?

Write a few sentences on whether Finnish and Swedish units should blow bridges across immediately or not

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 27, 2016

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
I want a Swedish armored unit. S-Tanks for days!

Also I vote D. Let's get NATO in Day One to open up more forces to hold the line.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Davin Valkri posted:

I want a Swedish armored unit. S-Tanks for days!

Also I vote D. Let's get NATO in Day One to open up more forces to hold the line.

Congratulations

41 Mekbat, located in Stockholm

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Get me some of those Swedish destroyers! I want to be Arch Admiral of Scandi-Navy-Uh.

Also D because we're going to drag the whole world into this mess just as fast as we can.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

2nd Flotilla of Swedish corvettes and destroyers

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

D since more bodies can be shuffled around and put where they need to be. Maybe have the incoming NATO forces focus on the interior before being shifted to the border?

And if the Yanks get involved, I want a unit of US Army Rangers. Rangers lead the way, bitches!

As to whether or not to blow the bridges...I'd say do it. If we leave them up, yes, we can get supplies across the river, but so can the Reds when they cap the area. This is important to keep in mind!

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Oh right, blow the bridges, because:

1st: As a Navy dude I have a low opinion of people who require bridges to cross bodies of water. If you want to cross water, you should learn how to boat.

distant 2nd: Strategy

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

We have asked for NATO's help

Swedish Front

Spetznaz appear in Stockholm, the Swedish 4th Division is the first response, with "lifeboat" motorized brigade and Davin Valkri's Mekbat S-Tank mechanized brigade arriving to contain the threat.

In Southern Sweden, around two divisions worth of Russian troops have landed in Trelleborg, Helsinborg, and Ystad. Elements of the Swedish Army's First Division and Naval Command are swinging south to try and hem in the Russians before a breakout can be achieved. Gotland/Visby was seized by multiple groups of Russian troops, I took it upon myself to evacuate the island before Naval Command got cut off and destroyed. Two units of fast attack boats were deployed to slow down the Russians and disrupt communications near Visby. One unit got caught up and wasn't able to complete it's landing at Oskarhamn, so Cathode Raymond's flotilla is about to show them the meaning of Swedish superiority.

AP-Photo of Swedish soldier covering evacuation of Gotland.

Southern Finland

In Finland, the situation is even more dire. Finnish C3I was mostly destroyed by Russian warplanes. The 4th Army Corps (Which is tasked with the defense in central and southern Finland) is doing crazy legs trying to regain control, but for this turn they are paralyzed and unable to move. If the Russians attack them here, they will be most likely pushed back. All other Finnish units in the region have been ordered to dig in, while HQ units have been moved to the coastal region. In Åland, the Russians weren't able to complete their move properly, but the Mariehamn police were swiftly dispatched by Russian airborne units.

Central Finland

Although Savolinna was captured, the Russian advance has been wounded by what mechanized units we have. They won't hold long though, and Swedish paratroopers have dropped in to try and slow the Russian advance. Swedish air power is also running a majority of it's missions here to prevent the Finns from being divided in half. This is the only part of the theater where I think the outlook is good, provided that the northern or southern parts of Finland don't fall too quickly.

Northern Finland/Sweden/Norway

What are the Russians doing? They pushed away our Sissi light infantry like it was nothing. There are motorized and mechanized units rolling around, and in the south tip of the photo is Salla about to fall. However, this is way less troops than I would have pictured joining. They must be hanging back to prepare to invade Norway. Uh oh.

Attack information

Spetznaz in Stockholm were damaged but not destroyed. Cathode Raymond's flotilla put down a lost Russian transport ship carrying 3rd Army's HQ, causing a shock penalty to some Russian units. Finnish Sissi units have destroyed most bridges in Northern Finland, hopefully slowing the Russians down for now.

NATO help is coming next turn. The question is, what do we do now?

A-NATO help to Finland

Put green NATO troops directly into the heart of battle in Finland, these units are very fresh, but they are untried in battle.

B-NATO help to Sweden

Put our NATO troops in Sweden to slow the Russian advance if (once) it crosses the border. This means Finland will lose out on direct NATO ground support, but the NATO troops will have more time to gain experience in Sweden instead.

C-NATO help to Denmark/Norway

If we are really scared, NATO troops can be immediately moved to Norway and Denmark instead, very victory point dense countries who are NATO members. Also, at anytime, we can authorize nuclear weapons with the code name HATEFULNESS. Putting HATEFULNESS into your post is authorizing nuclear weapon use. The more people that vote the more I will take it into consideration. ASPHYXIA authorizes chemical weapons.

I'm probably going to wait a while between turns now.

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 22:09 on May 27, 2016

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

B--The reds aren't pushing too hard, so we have time to train up and get some experience under our belts.

Also, what are the downsides to using chemical/nuclear weapons? Because they're tempting but they have the potential to bite us in the rear end.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
B and may I propose Loveliness, to counteract hatefulness. No reason to reduce WW3 to some crass exchange of nuclear weapons.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

HereticMIND posted:

B--The reds aren't pushing too hard, so we have time to train up and get some experience under our belts.

Also, what are the downsides to using chemical/nuclear weapons? Because they're tempting but they have the potential to bite us in the rear end.

I forgot to include that, 50 VP penalty for chems, 100 VP for nukes. The Russians can use them without point penalty if we use them first.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Cathode Raymond's flotilla put down a lost Russian transport ship carrying 3rd Army's HQ, causing a shock penalty to some Russian units.

Operation Boatmurder is a success. Arch Admiral Cathode promotes himself to Supreme Admiral.

B because my unit is Swedish.

How effective are nukes/chems?

Edit: HATEFULNESS | ASPHYXIATION (for use on the Finland/Russian border, not Sweden)

Cathode Raymond fucked around with this message at 01:23 on May 28, 2016

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

The initial Russian offensive is just kicking off, mind. The Russians attacking Stockholm with Spetsnaz, while a shocking move, is a complete waste, pissing away perfectly good special forces for no real good reason. B Southern Finland is a speed bump on the way to the real war.

perfluorosapien
Aug 15, 2015

Oven Wrangler
Also voting B.

And moving that we re-code nukes as Seasonal Affective Disorder and chemical weapons as Lutefisk.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Voting B as well. Will the Russians ever use chemical/nuclear weapons first, and do we take a VP hit if we retaliate in kind?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

*FLASH* *FLASH* *FLASH*

EUCOM-NATO CMDR MSG

Danish high command destroyed in lightning naval invasion by Russian forces. Danish troops severely shocked. Copenhagen has fallen along with most of Sjælland. Strait between Sweden and Denmark blocked by Russian missiles, go around must be done through tight passages between Fyn and Jutland. Possibly 3+ Divisions. Forces in area include unbroken Danish soldiers, and two German Panzer divisions in Jutland. Sea transport to Sweden and Finland severely disrupted. Malmö has been captured by Russian forces. Swedish 1st division is trying to reorganize. Davin Valkri's 41 Makbat is still tasked with trying to destroy spetznaz troops, but if the objective cannot be completed in a turn or less, then his unit will be moved to southern Sweden. Cathode Raymond's flotilla is running interference of Russian shipping.

Two Danish soldiers near Aalborg, Denmark.

Capital Region

The Russians have successfully landed in Oxelösund. Their next move is most likely to try and attack Stockholm, but they face low supplies as there is no supply depot in Oxelösund. We will try and crush them before its too late. If we can break the Copenhagen siege, we will redirect German units to Sweden when we can.
Southern Finland

The majority of Finnish troops are reorganizing and retreating to population centers. Finland's capital, Helsinki, faces day in day out artillery bombardment. Mikkeli and Lahti (Both high priority objectives) are under siege. Swedish troops have been unable to enter the theater. Russian advance most likely cannot be stopped if the situation can't be brought under control in the next turn. NATO forces or Swedes are the only thing that could possibly break the assault in my eyes. Finnish armored units and mechanized are holding out as best they can, but near the Baltic coast, they are completely gassed from constant air assault. Hopefully NATO air power can break the tide.

Northern Sweden/Finland/Norway

We've lost recon on Russian forces in the area. The Norwegian border town of Kirkenes is surrounded by Russian mechanized, other than that, we are completely blind. Sissi units are searching for Russians and blowing bridges.

Movements made
I have moved elements of the 2nd Swedish Division to contain the forces in Oxelösund. The 82nd Airborne has arrived and landed near Stockholm. The 10th Mountain Division has arrived in Tromso, Norway. CV Kennedy has arrived in Norwegian theater, hunting for Russian subs and surface ships. German units (Black on Green) were moved to Fyn and some onto Sjælland.

Where do we go from here?

The situation is extremely grim. This turn is open ended, answer appropriately how you want to respond. Since there are no Army Rangers, HereticMIND can get either 82nd Airborne or 10th mountain. More 82nd Airborne will arrive next turn.

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 03:48 on May 28, 2016

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
1) Build monument to Supreme Admiral Cathode

2) Fling nukes everywhere

3) Organize survivors

4) Rebuild monument

HATEFULNESS | ASPHYXIATION | LUTEFISK | SEASONAL AFFECTIVE DISORDER

If I don't survive this, I want you to know that It was an honor serving with you all.

:sweden:

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Gotta try to save as much of the Finns as possible after Helsinki falls. Also I'd suggest focusing on reinforcing Stockholm and containing the damage in Denmark.

Alikchi fucked around with this message at 05:07 on May 28, 2016

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

You're welcome to stay!!

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 05:10 on May 28, 2016

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Top Hats Monthly posted:

You're welcome to stay!!

Edited in actual post!

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Please give me a Norwegian unit. I have returned to defend the Fatherland!

Also, as a member of NATO and guaranteed by the American nuclear umbrella I request immediate nuclear bombardment of the Russian field forces and ask the Pentagon to dig up some chemical weapons, so we can thin out their drat forces while we wait for reinforcements!

We are not losing our homelands to the Russians!

As mentioned the situation is -extremely grim-, the Russians should not have taken Sjaelland and parts of Scania immediately.

We go all out now or we die!

That's 2-0 for nukes and 1-1 for chemical weapons since the latest update.

PS. I'm OK with nuking Sweden (of course) and Denmark :(, and even Norway (oh, and Finland, I'm sure they'll take it with their usual humor), just uh... Don't hit the population centers if it can be helped... Unless you have to of course. Feel free. People are too scared of nuclear power as it is (fission energy plants actually have less fatalities than most renewables). Have fun!

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 06:17 on May 28, 2016

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Here you go, you get Hans Majestet Kongens Garde

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Evacuate the King! We'll hold the Palace until the bitter end!

What happens if we land nukes on Russian forces in Russian territory?
I'm not saying we should, but it'd be some nice payback if the nuclear umbrella is as thick as it should be (no need to restrict ourselves to tactical weapons). If it's a bad idea maybe we can compromise by saturating the border region with the bigger weapons to utilize any splash and radiation effects.

Yeah, so I'm a bit nuts? At least I'm free!!

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 06:22 on May 28, 2016

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

RA Rx posted:

Evacuate the King! We'll hold the Palace until the bitter end!

What happens if we land nukes on Russian forces in Russian territory?
I'm not saying we should, but it'd be some nice paynack if we have the spare missiles. If it's a bad idea maybe we can compromise by saturating the border region.

Nuking Murmansk and Leningrad almost certainly means the Russian AI will retaliate by nuking Boston (The US staging base off map), Stockholm, and Oslo. You are right that the loss of Sjaeland is super bad. I didn't expect that to happen, otherwise I would've increased the garrison.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Wow, what a bunch of sore losers. What did they expect, invading NATO.

Just do whatever and anything you can get away with, please.

Would it be possible to nuke the Finnish border regions with our heaviest strategic weapons to get splash and radiation damage (and maybe a couple of lakes) without the Russians getting mad? If not just drop them on the fuckers in Scania. The Swedes love their little lakes.

We need some proper scorched earth to survive here.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 06:26 on May 28, 2016

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

RA Rx posted:

Wow, what a bunch of sore losers. What did they expect, invading NATO.

Just do whatever and anything you can get away with, please.

Would it be possible to nuke the Finnish border regions with our heaviest strategic weapons to get splash and radiation damage (and maybe a couple of lakes) without the Russians getting mad? If not just drop them on the fuckers in Scania. The Swedes love their little lakes.

We need some proper scorched earth to survive here.

Nuclear weapons use will likely be tit for tat, but I will see what I can do.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Well I was writing the next turn but...unique circumstance. The AI beat us to it.
Russians authorize chemical and nuclear weapons
USS Kennedy sunk by nuclear weapons
This carrier has definitely been hit. The cloud...going over the Atlantic is hanging heavy.
-Ensign Peters
The USS Kennedy carrier group has been hit by nuclear weapons and sunk.
Stockholm hit with 900kT nuclear weapon
Swedish high command has been hit by a nuclear weapon. Stockholm is destroyed, and units are evacuating the area. Davin Valkri's Mekbat were exposed to radiation and are currently moving north to join Swedish forces in Finland. Cathode's flotilla is hanging near southern Sweden to interdict Russian shipping.
Southern Finland

Helsinki has fallen to Russian armor and Spetznaz. A puppet government has been put into action by the Russians. Finnish political resolve wavering. Sissi units prepare for guerilla warfare. Finnish army headquarters could not be evacuated and is currently surrounded by all sides by Russians.

Gulf of Bothina

Russian forces continue their advance. Oulu was captured by Russian armor. Situation desperate. Swedish troops are beginning to pour over the border in bulk to defend the homeland.

Northern Norway

The Norwegian garrison at Kirkenes is no longer in contact and presumed destroyed. Russian mechanized continue to roll down the roads of northern Norway. The British, American, and Canadian airforces have been working around the clock to harass the Russians from reaching sensitive radar sites in Norway. (Note, I have no clue what the 82nd Airborne HQ is doing there. I think there was a glitch. I will modify the scenario to move it)

Denmark-Scania

German troops are repulsed from taking the Danish capital and are severely damaged, falling back to Fyn. If the Russians pour into Jutland, we can consider ourselves finished. In Sweden, the news is a little bit brighter as a Russian breakout has been stalled by a line of Swedish forces. Counter attack will be viable in the coming turns. Bornholm has fallen to Russian paratroopers.

Oslo
RA's HMKG just repulsed a Russian sea based attack. Swedish ships go to mop up the transport ships. Good job!

GOON STRATCOM

Counterforce-Countervalue nuclear targets available. Any of these targets can be selected singularly or in a group. We must get revenge for the sailors of the Kennedy and the citizens of Stockholm. Once nuclear targets are given I will punch in the turn.

LENINGRAD, MURMANSK, KUTZENOV CARRIER GROUP, FINNISH BORDER, PECHENGA, RUSSIAN ARMY COMMAND

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 07:09 on May 28, 2016

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Oh you rotten little bastards! I don't want a suntan!

Do we still take the VP hit for using nukes now that the Russians HAVE in fact used them first? I say go tit for tat with Kuznetsov, but demonstrate that we can distinguish military from civilian with Army Command.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

We are weapons free with no penalty

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Let's take out Leningrad and the military targets: LENINGRAD, KUTZENOV CARRIER GROUP, RUSSIAN ARMY COMMAND

I'd like to take the Swedish Paratroopers unit if they're still available.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I'm too tired to finish the scenario tonight, but argue amongst yourselves the game ends on a varying amount of turns so it could end in the next two or eight as far as I can tell by checking the event editor. We are still technically winning despite the kicking we've taken. Hold on men!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Normally I'd want to kill as many of their civilians as possible in revenge for such an atrocity, but our survival is at stake.

Nuke Leningrad, Kuztenov carrier group and Russian Army Command in that order, unless we don't have British and American reinforcements on the way in which case take out the army command first.
Yes, let's send them three for two. We're on the back foot here, and Oslo and my unit may be next, but if only a fraction the Norwegian population survives this war free, then we have won!

Also, everyone please vote to authorize the use of chemical weapons! We can't let them catch us with our pants down again, our survival is at stake.

I hope the Royal family is safe on the island of Mann and deep in the United States.

Actually, if Moscow is available as a targrt and enough of you vote with me then let's just launch everything and start a nuclear autumn, hoping to destroy the SU before they can retaliate en masse? (nuclear winter predicted Iraqi oil wells would be way worse, so I think we'll be fine)
Once the Soviet Union is dead, if we manage a decapitation strike or say, keep half the US alive, then afterwards NATO can go on a total war footing and conquer the world.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 10:09 on May 28, 2016

• Locked thread