Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who gonna win
town
scum
serial killer (???)
no one
View Results

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Thx for citing your rules theft (this is a signup) and god bless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I say no.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also I don't want to draw this out but if jimson is in this game I will politely withdraw.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Flavor is good my man

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CapitalistPig posted:

Krell and lumpen in this game. Good luck chumps.

:negative:

Also sorry Jimson, I was a jerk last night while drinking.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hello. I have no pets or children. I am vanilla town.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Everyone else, ask me about a player in this game and I will tell you my current impression of them without going back to reread any of their posts. You will then be gently encouraged to do the same with a player of my choice.

How do you feel about Harold Krell?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

It's day 1 joke fun.

Also these posts are overwrought and fake as shiiiiiit:

Your Personal Muse posted:

Ewww why did you do this?

tpink posted:

This is like the 3rd game when I've seen people claim VT totally unprovoked, and I just do not get it. This is not a pro-town play because if true, it helps scum figure out who the power roles are. Why claim this?

WIFOMing scum is an extremely cool and good thing to do. Am I really VT? Am I something else? WHO KNOWS!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

It's just stupid to claim VT. You aren't just WIFOMing scum, you are also WIFOMing all potential PRs who have to decide who to choose to save. Scum, on the whole, will be more likely not to pay any attention to it since there is a high chance that they have someone who knows to tell the others to ignore it while a newbie town looks at it and decides not to save you or whatever and may detrimentally influence their decision.

But more than that, it's such a stupid thing to say that is disguised as content. People look at it and think "oh, they are contributing to discussion by revealing their role" at least on a subconscious level but you aren't beholden to that claim since PRs can easily say that they did it to ward off a night attack. It's a cheap way for scum to pretend like they are contributing to discussion while really doing nothing.

I'm not saying Pod is scum because of it, but it definitely makes me suspicious and it's stupid for town to do it and I would hope Pod is a better player than that.

You make some decent points, but I wanted to try something new this game. We'll see how it works out!

I am focusing a bit more on my other mafia game tonight before I come back to this one, but here is a game-related observation: I feel like Lumpen is sly enough to post pictures of his kids in an attempt to seem more townie. Not vote-able, but mild suspicion in that direction!

In the meantime, ##vote harold krell until he comes back and plays the game he signed up for. I haven't been particularly impressed with his conduct in any of the games I've seen him play in, so!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

was i a bad person for letting harold krell in over kashuno

Probably but the die is cast!

tpink posted:

Wait, so how does that work? What's going to end the day then?

Presumably the day ends when we hit deadline or lynch someone who isn't hated.

~~~

Also to expand further on my mild suspicion of Lumpen - Lumpen is a terrifying player on either side. I've seen him create claim trackers in scumdocs to plan out elaborate fakeclaims, or tear apart scum lies as town. If he finds scum in the first day or two I'll be happy - otherwise, he's a force to be reckoned with. Seeing him post about non-game-related things (when he actually got kind of lovely to another player for doing the same thing in another game I ran) sets off alarm bells.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Revolver posted:

i won't hold literally any of the games we've been in together against you if you do

which games would these be? he barely plays anymore

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Lumpen why are you responding to and addressing other people's posts but not mine?

IllegallySober posted:

Although YPM was scum last time we played, I agree with a lot of this (except I don't know what WIFOMing is)

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=WIFOM

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Lumpen posted:

The ideal Mod is a watchmaker — The watchmaker assembles the pieces, and winds up the mechanism, but then lets the watch run without interfering in it.

You are new, and it's great that you're modding. But please settle on the rules and then simply process the night actions and keep strict deadlines and reopen the nights promptly and you will be hailed as a great mod.

:yeah:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Lumpen posted:

Thank you for the compliments. I am fierce. Your posts didn't ping my Scumdar, but I guess if I get nightkilled early you should be an immediate lynch candidate.

Rude. You know as well as I do that all this does is gives scum/Scum an opportunity to engineer an easy mislynch.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

if only we had an inuyasha...

No. Stop this at once.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Like in all seriousness, you should make a call on whether this is a real mafia game (which I would like to think most, if not all of us are treating as such) or something that pretends to be that but is actually bad internet comedy (in which case, sure, let jimson continue shitposting in a game he's not even in and so on and so forth). You're the mod.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Jimson posted:

I feel like this would only make the game better.

Shut the gently caress up and stop posting in a game that you're not playing in.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
If this is the case I would appreciate the mod confirming. If he won't then I choose to ignore you and consider you an rear end in a top hat who is breaking one of the golden rules of internet mafia.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I am saying that Podima should know better. I think that the vt claim is a stupid move for a vet. I am saying that I am suspicious of Pod for making a stupid move, but stupidity does not equal scum.

I am not a veteran but thank you for the vote of confidence! :h:

Also you can't dispute that it generated content/conversation. How people react to weird claims can be telling!

Also also deadline is in 9 hours. As of now I'd be happiest with a Krell vote purely off of gut but will reread in between meetings today.

Votecount for Day 1

Harold Krell (2): Podima, Absurd Revolver, Absurd Revolver, Poison Mushroom
Mayor Glowku (2): Li Dawny, IllegallySober
tpink (1): Anomalous Amalgam
Lumpen (1): Mayor Glowku
Anomalous Amalgam (1): Your Personal Muse, Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom
Your Personal Muse (1): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Pinterest Mom
Absurd Revolver (1): Absurd Revolver, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Absurd Revolver, Harold Krell
Poison Mushroom (1): Lumpen
IllegallySober (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam

Not Voting (3): Absurd Revolver, Hal Incandenza, tpink

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 01st, 2016 at 4:44 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 8 hours, 54 minutes.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Votecount for Day 1

Lumpen (3): Mayor Glowku, Anomalous Amalgam, tpink
Harold Krell (2): Podima, Absurd Revolver, Absurd Revolver, Poison Mushroom
Mayor Glowku (2): Li Dawny, IllegallySober
tpink (2): Anomalous Amalgam, Lumpen, Anomalous Amalgam, Absurd Revolver
Your Personal Muse (1): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Pinterest Mom
Absurd Revolver (1): Absurd Revolver, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Absurd Revolver, Harold Krell
Poison Mushroom (0): Lumpen, Lumpen

Not Voting (1): Hal Incandenza

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 01st, 2016 at 4:44 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 hours, 23 minutes.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Only one of the votes on Lumpen is actually serious and it's an OMGUS vote. I think Krell is a better lynch for today. Note that we have a bit over 3 hours left.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Li Dawny posted:

Oh poo poo, let me go ahead and ##unvote

This is the kind of thing that makes you look suspicious - your vote is not causing any danger where it is right now, so why the urgency?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Li Dawny posted:

Because I've been in enough games to know that leaving a joke vote hanging gets you lynched faster than actively playing against town.

Fair, but in this case it doesn't matter since there aren't enough votes on Glowku for him to be in danger. See what I'm getting at?

The thing people get suspicious about with jokevotes is when they stick around on the person who eventually gets lynched.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Lumpen posted:

Don't whiteknight me so hard, buddy.

:tipshat: m'lumpy :tipshat:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

My vote on lumpen is serioud and it's not an OMGUS, I've never played with lumpen so I don't know if this is just how he plays, but the last time I set my sights on a mafia dad they ended up scum and almost won the game they were in... if I recall correctly, it was you Podima? (That's rhetorical you were the mafia scum dad Pod)

:negative:

OK that's fair, the way it was phrased it looked like a jokevote before this explanation.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Revolver posted:

oh i remember that game!

krell you should be ashamed but i promised i wouldn't hold it against you

A Bad Post

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I don't think the mod is stupid enough to make Krell scum or a PR. If Krell Krells it up that means that scum almost certainly wins if he's one of those two things

lol what even is this meta-setupspec? We have a new mod who has already posted in thread that they had no idea who or what Krell was.

If Krell flips scum I'd vote you next.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Harold Krell, YPM, and PMush for not following through on this post:

Poison Mushroom posted:

Everyone else, ask me about a player in this game and I will tell you my current impression of them without going back to reread any of their posts. You will then be gently encouraged to do the same with a player of my choice.

They were noncommittal on Harold Krell and never asked me to give an impression on someone.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Pinterest Mom posted:

!!!

you think that's scummy?

Their participation thus far reads to me as fake/coast-y, and I don't like the attempt to start a content game without followthrough. Seems manufactured.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Pinterest Mom posted:

isn't that a catch 22

a content game is by definition manufactured content. either pmush follows through on her game or she doesn't, but both would be manufactured.

eeeeeh I suppose. Call it criticism for lack of follow-through then, which is good enough for me on D1 to qualify her as a tertiary option.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

Harold Krell, YPM, and PMush for not following through on this post:

They were noncommittal on Harold Krell and never asked me to give an impression on someone.

Mafia clarification - bolded portion is referring to PMush only.

Harold Krell for not playing the game and just stirring up poo poo (and being a historically bad player).

YPM for that absurd bit of attempting to clear Krell by gaming the mod.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Votecount for Day 1

Harold Krell (4): Podima, Absurd Revolver, Absurd Revolver, Poison Mushroom, Pinterest Mom, Lumpen
Lumpen (3): Mayor Glowku, Anomalous Amalgam, tpink
Mayor Glowku (1): Li Dawny, IllegallySober, Li Dawny
tpink (1): Anomalous Amalgam, Lumpen, Anomalous Amalgam, Absurd Revolver, Lumpen
Your Personal Muse (1): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Pinterest Mom, Pinterest Mom, Hal Incandenza
Poison Mushroom (0): Lumpen, Lumpen

Not Voting (1): Li Dawny

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 01st, 2016 at 4:44 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 13 minutes.

VOTE.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Less than 15 minutes left. C'mon.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Li Dawny posted:

At least it's an original opinion, which is more than half the players have done so far.

Are you going to put a vote down?

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote YPM his play reminds me of last game we were in and he was scum. He's shifting opinions too quickly

I'd vote Krell of it came down to that though

This will not be an useful vote, please swap it.

So right now I'm useless and have a bunch of people I don't want to lynch. I'll read it over again

You never actually came back with a vote.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

Are you going to put a vote down?

This will not be an useful vote, please swap it.

You never actually came back with a vote.

for what it's worth this is just harassing the people that posted on the last page or so. :sigh:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
-2 and 4 minutes left.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I hate you all. No lynching is infuriating.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:ghost: :dunkedon: :ghost:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mayor Glowku posted:

Holy poo poo mafia edit that came out way racist and wasn't the intention at all. It's the flavor of the game I swear :negative:

:ghost: :laffo: :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 08th, 2016 at 8 a.m. EDT -- that's in about :siren: 2 months. :siren:

:ghost: :laffo: :ghost:

• Locked thread