Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who gonna win
town
scum
serial killer (???)
no one
View Results

• Locked thread
tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
A dongs Mafia game? Is it Christmas already? Yes please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Also, love Podima's anti-lurking rules. They are great and should be part of every game.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Hello, my sweet summer child AA. Hello, town friends. Get wrecked, scumbos.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Lumpen posted:

Hello my dear friends. It's been a few months. I have a 2 week old son. Got my PM. I am Town.

Scum, when you post, I will find you. You can not trick me. I am rock hard for Scum death. I will vote you. I will put a case on you. You will be lynched. Town will win this game.

Congrats on the kid. I think dongsbot would be a good name! At least maybe as a middle name.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
This is like the 3rd game when I've seen people claim VT totally unprovoked, and I just do not get it. This is not a pro-town play because if true, it helps scum figure out who the power roles are. Why claim this?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Hal Incandenza posted:

Any idea why that happened?

dongsbot 9000 posted:

or are you

Anomalous Amalgam has been identified as Stephen Curry, Town Innocent Child.

https://www.instagram.com/p/9cw_X_Tfdl/

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Im susp of tpink

Look at this good post. :yum: Here, let me try:

I'm susp of [insert random name here]

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Lumpen posted:

So what the hell are you saying? What is the point, or takeaway of your post? A lot of words. Pointless? I smell Scumpost.

People (including me) said claiming VT unprovoked is dumb. Other people said no it's not. This is a post that explains YPM's view why claiming VT is dumb. Why is that a pointless post?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mainly, your post against the vt claim. Seems like fake confusion in an attempt to appear town.

Not fake confusion at all. I just read additional explanations of why some people seem to think that claiming VT unprovoked is a good thing, and sorry, I just don't agree / don't find those explanations convincing. I'm not saying everyone who does it is scum, but I don't see it as pro-town playing either.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

dongsbot 9000 posted:

im just going to change the anti-lurker rules from day 2 instant modkill to day 2 pseudo-lights out: lynching hated players doesnt end the day (and you don't get flips either) because that sounds cooler to me

Wait, so how does that work? What's going to end the day then?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Not going to vote for krell just yet because I don't want to end up turboing him in case he does come back and participate, but otherwise down to lynch tomorrow if he's a no-show. Lynch all lurkers.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Lumpen posted:

Okay, why post about who you are not going to vote/going vaguely promising to vote "later"? I note that you are not making any effort to hunt Scum or even pretend to. In any of your posts. You have prattled about the philosophical ramifications of VT claiming. You have vaguely menaced "lurkers" (but not now, tomorrow for sure, don't want to turbo Krell with vote number 3 of 7, just in case he comes back).
If Krell flips Scum, remember tpink.

LOL. Because it's D1 and there's gently caress-all information to go on. I am bad at D1 cases because it's almost literally guesswork. I love your aggressive posting though. :allears: I am sure that if I had voted for Krell now, you would have accused me of being suspicious for trying to turbo someone.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Lumpen posted:

You seem overly self-conscious about your posting and voting and still not interested in finding and lynching Scum. Making excuses for why you "can't" Scumhunt is Scummy.

Nope. I've been posting casual D1 bullshit, you called me out as suspicious, and I responded. What's self-conscious about that?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Lumpen posted:

Thank you for the compliments. I am fierce. Your posts didn't ping my Scumdar, but I guess if I get nightkilled early you should be an immediate lynch candidate.

Lol. My takeaway from playing with Lumpen for all of one day so far is it's apparently best not to engage him at all.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Jimson posted:

Lmao podima I am in the game haahhaa ask dongs I got a pm and everything lmao

Jesus Christ dude. Just stop.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

I've bolded the part of this post that made me vote for tpink and why I think this is an artificial thought. I also think this is about the time the game actually started excluding lurking rules and non-players.

"This is not a pro-town play because if true..."

This pinged me initially, because tpink included the conditional, 'if true'. It seems like an unnecessary stipulation to include when he follows up with how "it helps scum figure out who the power roles are." which seems to me like inexperienced scum play in an attempt to actually generate some content without actually creating any content.

It at its core is mechanics discussion, and that is a scum slip I've made and have seen other scum make when trying to figure out something to say to spur the town into A. Suspicion and B. Discussion. Not inherently, bad, but in comparison to the post by YPM...

I appreciate the additional explanation. I think you are way overreading my inclusion of the "if true" conditional, though. The point I was making is that yes, if the VT claim is true (which it may or may not be), it benefits scum by helping them focus on other town power roles. If the VT claim is false, that doesn't help scum but it screws over at least some town players with power roles because it's less certain what their optimal move each night should be. So there are different outcomes based on whether the VT claim is true or not, which is what my post was signaling. So I'm not sure why including the "if true" conditional explicitly makes the post suspicious somehow.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Your Personal Muse posted:

Wait I think I've played with tpink once a million years ago.

I need to think on this. Assuming he is somewhat a mafia veteran, he knows buddying and white knighting is stupid. (For the new losers) Buddying as a scum just leads to connections that will either be ignored or used against you while white knighting steals a possible reaction test away from the guy who wants to test the potential scum. The only time buddying works is if you think the person is new, but I'm pretty sure that very post he quoted would've shown that I'm not so I don't know why he did it. Might be lapse of judgment.

I'll finish this pizza and speculate

Yeah, I think the easy answer here is that I'm pretty new. I only started playing Mafia here within the last couple of months. Was not aware that buddying/white knighting is dumb and/or suspicious, but having now read your post, I guess I can see the reasoning why.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

I could've sworn I played with you like a year ago. Are you a bad man guy serial killer? You seem awfully jumpy

Nah, that must have been someone else. This is like my 5th or 6th game.

And I am definitely not an SK. Pinky swear. (If I were SK I probably would have just kept my mouth shut through most of D1 at least.)

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Why are you jumpy

I don't know what this means or how to respond to it. :confused:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

You are being jumpy and nervous and treating me like I'm good at this game which I'm not used to. I would like to know why

I'm super confused. I don't think my posts have been jumpy or nervous. I don't know if you're good at this game because I don't think I've ever played with you before. I'm just posting D1 bullshit mostly, so... I don't know what in particular is pinging you, if anything :shrug:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Tpink left because of my expert questioning

Some real expert sleuthing ITT:
:butt:"Hay are you scum?"
:cool:"Nah"

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Just a heads up, I'm traveling today so I won't be able to engage as much, but will try to check in a few times via the phone app at least.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Lumpen posted:

Classic Scumpost.
##vote tpink

• Avoids Scumhunting, prefers to talk about VT claiming rather than alignment
  • Self-conscious and awkward post making an excuse to NOT vote Krell, but seems not to be thinking about alignment at all. Overly concerned with "appearance" of potential vote or lack of vote
  • Makes a post to excuse himself from participation. It's not Scummy to be absent for IRL reasons, but in my experience it IS a Scumtell to be self-consious about appearing absent to the point of posting about it.

What a bad post. I thought you were supposed to be good at this game?
- Already explained why I rarely if ever try to make D1 cases - it's near-random and based on no real info.
- No clue what "self conscious and awkward" means here. I said I'd vote Krell if he didn't stop lurking. That is not an excuse but a valid reason.
- This is dumb. I am sure that if I just disappeared you would say "look, tpink conveniently disappeared rather than stay here and address accusations, how suspicious."

I can already tell that you are struggling to build a case where none exists. The reason your case is artificial is because if I had done the opposite of what I did, you would have spun it the other way - for example, if I voted for Krell yesterday, you would have accused me of trying to turbo someone. This case is bad and suspicious AF, and I don't think you are genuinely interested in hunting scum. So guess what that makes you?

##vote Lumpen

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

So there's a vig or an sk in the roster, possibly both. But that means a kill was withheld or blocked, still not enough go on yet. I bet an SK along with regular NK.

Dang. I'm confused though - since two people got killed during the night (presumably one from scum + SK each), why does that mean a kill was withheld or blocked? If that were the case, wouldn't there have been 1 kill?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Lumpen posted:

tpink, revisit this post. Are you going to say Krell has "participated" and is not a lurker?

Or maybe you'll avoid voting Krell because you're scared of looking like you're tuboing someone.

Or maybe you would totally vote Krell but oops you just can't because you're "traveling".

I think you won't vote Krell because he is your Scumbuddy.
Everyone, when Krell flips Scum, remember tpink tomorrow if I am not here to remind you./quote]
Oh look I was right and tpink saved his Scumbuddy Krell.

Also Li Dawny, Illegally Sober, and Absurd Revolver, where were you at deadline?

##vote Harold Krell
Kroll, Pinterest Mom, and tpink should all get lynched today.

Look how wrong you are:

##vote Krell

Krell has not participated in any meaningful way, so as I said yesterday, I'm fine lynching his lurking rear end - especially since that won't end the day today.

I'm also going to repeat this again because despite quoting what I posted yesterday you apparently didn't read/understand it:

tpink posted:

Just a heads up, I'm traveling today so I won't be able to engage as much, but will try to check in a few times via the phone app at least.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Lumpen posted:

##vote Pinterest Mom
Lynch All Lurkers!

Nah I'm going to stand by my vote from yesterday.

##vote Lumpen

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Lynching Lumpen is a win-win. If he flips scum (which I think he will), then yay we got a dead scum, friends. If he flips town (which I don't think we will), then we lynch Poison Mushroom and yay we got a dead scum, friends.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

dongsbot 9000 posted:

To reply to a PM someone sent me, the Anti-Lurker rule will be suspended if a "turbo" occurs (as determined by ME, your benevolent moderator).

Where we're going, we don't need rules. :awesomelon:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Hahahahahaha get hosed Lumpen. I'm now building up a pretty good streak of correctly calling out scum on D1. How's it feel getting lynched even after fake-claiming a doctor role?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
This game is now ours to lose, town.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Lumpen posted:

tpink, revisit this post. Are you going to say Krell has "participated" and is not a lurker?

Or maybe you'll avoid voting Krell because you're scared of looking like you're tuboing someone.

Or maybe you would totally vote Krell but oops you just can't because you're "traveling".

I think you won't vote Krell because he is your Scumbuddy.
Everyone, when Krell flips Scum, remember tpink tomorrow if I am not here to remind you.
Oh look I was right and tpink saved his Scumbuddy Krell.

Also Li Dawny, Illegally Sober, and Absurd Revolver, where were you at deadline?

##vote Harold Krell
Kroll, Pinterest Mom, and tpink should all get lynched today.

Based on this post from Lumpen, I am inclined to think Pinterest Mom is town.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

IllegallySober posted:

I've got to go back and re-read a page or two since yesterday nothing was going on and I came back a couple hours later and we were locked again.

I also need to re-read the C9++ rules to see what we likely have left out there.

I would actually really appreciate it if someone smarter than me could figure out who we have left and post that. For some reason my brain just doesn't process game specs.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
God drat. I regret being MIA on the day I got turbo'd because I am pretty sure I could have bought myself another day at least by claiming. But I don't think I would have pegged LD at that point anyway. Well played!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
And thanks for modding dongs. Good work.

• Locked thread