Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

Can confirm, I'm a real communist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Highly situational joke:

My Brother, on a remote hiking trail on the 31st: What do you think you'll be doing tomorrow?

Me: Walking

Brother: Looks like you've got...

...2020 Vision

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

quote:

A horse walks into a bar. The bartender says "You're in here a lot, are you an alcoholic?" The horse ponders for a minute, then replies "I don't think I am," and then *poof!*, he disappears.

This is the part where the philosophy students in the room will start to snicker, because they are familiar with Descartes' postulate "I think, therefore I am." But to tell you that beforehand would be putting Descartes before the horse.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Alan Alda posted:

This woman’s at her hairdresser’s, and she says, “I’m going to Rome on holiday.” He says, “Oh really, what airline are you taking?” She says, “Alitalia.” He says, “Alitalia, are you crazy? That’s terrible, don’t take that.” He says, “Where are you gonna stay?” She says, “I’m gonna stay at The Hassler.” “The Hassler! What, are you kidding? They’re renovating the Hassler. You’ll hear hammering all night long. You won’t sleep. What are you gonna see?” She says, “I think I’m going to try to go to the Vatican.” “The Vatican? You’ll be standing in line all day long.”
So she goes to Rome, she comes back, and the hairdresser says, “How was it?” She says, “It was a great trip, it was wonderful.” “How was the Vatican?” “Wonderful, we happened to meet the Pope.” “You met the Pope?” “Yeah, and he spoke to me.” “What did he say to you?” “He said, ‘Where’d you get that loving haircut?'”

Just in case you recently watched Marriage Story and were curious.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Why was the ghost arrested at the campsite?

Possession within tent

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Ayyub wakes one day to find that there's an ostrich with its head in his toilet, drinking the water like it's a fresh, unpolluted pond. He gets a broom and tries to shoo away the bird, but it stays put. He gets a knife and tries to threaten the bird, but it's not impressed. He gets his rifle and points it at the bird, but comes too close, allowing it to snatch it right out of his hands with its wet beak and toss it out the bathroom window. Quite embarrassed, he calls up his friend Wayne and asks him if he can take care of the problem.

Within thirty minutes, Wayne is chasing the ostrich out of the house and into his truck. "Wow, you really took care of that quickly," says Ayyub.

"Yeah, I'm pretty good at chasing birds out of bathrooms. They even gave me a dumb nickname for it back in England," says Wayne.

"Oh? What's the nickname?"

Wayne sighs before continuing on. "They always used to say Wayne is Beakness Leaving the Potty."

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Supersonic Shine posted:

Ayyub wakes one day to find that there's an ostrich with its head in his toilet, drinking the water like it's a fresh, unpolluted pond. He gets a broom and tries to shoo away the bird, but it stays put. He gets a knife and tries to threaten the bird, but it's not impressed. He gets his rifle and points it at the bird, but comes too close, allowing it to snatch it right out of his hands with its wet beak and toss it out the bathroom window. Quite embarrassed, he calls up his friend Wayne and asks him if he can take care of the problem.

Within thirty minutes, Wayne is chasing the ostrich out of the house and into his truck. "Wow, you really took care of that quickly," says Ayyub.

"Yeah, I'm pretty good at chasing birds out of bathrooms. They even gave me a dumb nickname for it back in England," says Wayne.

"Oh? What's the nickname?"

Wayne sighs before continuing on. "They always used to say Wayne is Beakness Leaving the Potty."

that was terrible

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Supersonic Shine posted:

Wayne is Beakness Leaving the Potty."

I know this is a pun of some kind, but I don't know the expression it's referencing.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Beachcomber posted:

I know this is a pun of some kind, but I don't know the expression it's referencing.

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Beachcomber posted:

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Edit: DAMMIT

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

it's still terrible

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

dee eight posted:

it's still terrible

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
I thought for sure the guy was named Ayyub to force a stupid pun later. Great misdirect

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

RJWaters2 posted:

I thought for sure the guy was named Ayyub to force a stupid pun later. Great misdirect

Yeah, good Job.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Yeah, good Job.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Spent the last two days in the hospital and burned through the whole thread, as thanks here's the best joke in the thread from [checks the date] three years ago apparently?

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Three guys are walking through the woods when they find a lamp. One of them picks it up, rubs it, and out pops a Genie.

It booms “You have finally freed me after all these years, so I’ll grant each one of you 3 wishes.” The first guy immediately blurts out “I want a billion dollars.” POOF, he’s holding a printout that shows his account balance is now in fact $1,000,000,000

The second man thinks for a bit, then says “I want to be the richest man alive.” POOF, he’s holding papers showing his net worth is now well over $100 billion.

The third guy thinks even longer about his wish, then says “I want my left arm to rotate clockwise for the rest of my life.” POOF, his arm starts rotating.

The Genie tells them it’s time for their second wish. First guy says: “I want to be married to the most beautiful woman on earth.” POOF, a stunning beauty wraps herself around his arm.

Second guy says “I want to be good-looking and charismatic, so I can have every girl I want.” POOF, his looks change and the first guy’s wife immediately starts flirting with him.

Third guy says “I want my right arm to rotate counter-clockwise until I die.” POOF, now both his arms are rotating, in opposite directions.

The genie tells them to think very carefully about their third wish.

First guy does, and after a while says “I never want to become sick or injured, I want to stay healthy until I die.” POOF, his complexion improves, his acne is gone and his knees don’t bother him any more.

Second guy says “I never want to grow old. I want to stay 29 forever.” POOF, he looks younger already.

Third guy smiles triumphantly and says “My last wish is for my head to nod back and forth.” POOF, he’s now nodding his head and still flailing his arms around.

The genie wishes them good luck, disappears, and the men soon go their separate ways.

Many years later they meet again and chat about how things have been going. First guy is ecstatic: “I’ve invested the money and multiplied it many times over, so me and my family will be among the richest of the rich pretty much forever. My wife is a freak in the sheets, and I’ve never gotten so much as a cold in all these years.” Second guy smiles and says “Well, I built charities worldwide with a fraction of my wealth, I’m still the richest guy alive and also revered for my good deeds. I haven’t aged a day since we last met, and yes, your wife is pretty wild in bed.”

Third guy walks in, flailing his arms around and nodding his head, and says:

“Guys, I think I hosed up.”

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:yeah: It's a real good one and it's a lot of fun to tell

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Evilreaver posted:

Spent the last two days in the hospital and burned through the whole thread, as thanks here's the best joke in the thread from [checks the date] three years ago apparently?

This is my absolute favorite joke to tell in a group setting. The key is to really whip your arms around, and headbang as hard as you're able to. The punchline should have to be shouted in short spurts on your up-swing, "YOU GUYS.... I THINK..... IFUCKEDUP" I like to made Guy 1 a simple, well-meaning easily pleased guy that contrasts with Guy 2 being a psychotically ambitions but ultimately benevolent demi-god by the end of the joke.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I'm a narcissist, and still think the best joke was when someone called me a magical flying dildo.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

This is my absolute favorite joke to tell in a group setting. The key is to really whip your arms around, and headbang as hard as you're able to. The punchline should have to be shouted in short spurts on your up-swing, "YOU GUYS.... I THINK..... IFUCKEDUP" I like to made Guy 1 a simple, well-meaning easily pleased guy that contrasts with Guy 2 being a psychotically ambitions but ultimately benevolent demi-god by the end of the joke.

Today I dropped it on my housemate and he thought it was the funniest thing ever. Late at work my coworkers just stared at me like cows. Told it the same way both times. Conclusion; coworkers dumb.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

WarpedNaba posted:

I'm a narcissist, and still think the best joke was when someone called me a magical flying dildo.

I have bad news for you - they were in deadly earnest.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jedit posted:

I have bad news for you - they were in deadly earnest.

drat that series got dark.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

WarpedNaba posted:

The most scarousing avatar/post combo.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line
Why shouldn't you buy pants from Pripyat?
Chernobyl fallout

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Evilreaver posted:

I started laughing like two words in because I remembered it instantly and it is indeed 10000% the best joke in the thread

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

On my phone so I don't have it but I did enjoy the one with the probation. Especially because there was a page of people trying to figure out what the joke was while the probation went through.

Not exactly one you can tell to other people though.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Garrand posted:

On my phone so I don't have it but I did enjoy the one with the probation. Especially because there was a page of people trying to figure out what the joke was while the probation went through.

Not exactly one you can tell to other people though.

Aeser, User and Osser?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Phy posted:

Aeser, User and Osser?

I think that one was in the last iteration of the joke thread, wasn’t it?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yase

(the joke was originally posted without the spoilered bit)

Melaneus posted:

The Parable of the Sheepherder's Fence Post

Three teenage boys named Aeser, User, and Osser were walking out in the fields. User was excited to hang out with the two older boys, though he was nervous because he knew the two were notorious for causing trouble. His heart started to beat a little faster when they turned to trespass into a farmer's land. As they passed through a field of spelt, Aeser noticed that the farmer had left his tractor out. He whispered to Osser, and as they arrived at the vehicle, the two jumped into the cart currently hitched to it.

"The key is in the ignition!" Aeser told User, "Now give us a ride!"

Though he was filled with guilt, he gave in to the pressure and started the tractor up. Their act did not go unnoticed for long, for soon the farmer was yelling and chasing after the trio as they fled through the fields. In the commotion and panic, User did not look where he was going and crashed the tractor right into a fence post of a sheepherder’s pen, breaking it in half and ending their little caper.

At the next meeting of the village council, the fate of the three was decided. The farmer was not particularly upset about the joy ride and asked for no retribution, so the sheepherder's fence post became the crux of the matter. Aeser and Osser already had prior records of trouble-making, so they were required to work for the sheepherder in order to pay for this damaged fence post.

Though he was driving the tractor and caused the damage, the third boy had no history of misbehavior. The village council decided to go easy on him and

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Phy posted:

Yase

(the joke was originally posted without the spoilered bit)

Lol at the probe reason

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
A bar owner was looking for a regular musician to play the piano there on particular days of the week. He didn't have the best budget for such a thing and the local pickings were slim anyway. Eventually he manages to get in touch with a guy who didn't need the money all that much but just loved playing the piano. He was willing to consider doing it cheap so the bartender had him come in for an audition.

The pianist came in and the bartender asked him to play one of his best songs. The music was gorgeous; the bartender was practically moved to tears. He had never heard the song before but it was astonishing. "What do you call that?" he asked.

"Oh, that's a little song I wrote I like to call The Police Just Called and Your Entire Family Died in a Horrible Car Crash."

"Wow," the bartender replied. "I'd love to have you play that here but just...don't tell anybody what it's called. Well, what else do you have?"

The pianist plays another piece and says "I call that one I hosed Your Wife in the rear end Last Night."

Despite the name the music was incredible. The bartender asked the pianist to be a regular musician at the bar under the condition that he not tell the patrons what the songs are called. The pianist agreed.

The first night he played was a massive hit; the patrons all loved the music and listened to the pianist play for hours. Eventually the pianist had to do what people have to do and excused himself to use the bathroom. When he came out he had apparently not paid very close attention and had not done the best job of zipping up his pants. One of the patrons looked at him and said "hey, do you know your pants are unzipped and your penis is hanging out?"

The pianist replied "Know it? I wrote it!"

ToxicSlurpee has a new favorite as of 16:23 on Jan 17, 2020

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Evilreaver posted:

This is amazing.

Eight hours later I'm still cracking up.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Evilreaver posted:

I missed this the first time it was posted, so this was my first time seeing it.

The first time I read it, I said "yeah, okay. :)" I couldn't tell why people thought it was so funny.

But every so often I think about it and I laugh a little more.

Today, for no reason at all, I said "Guys, I think I hosed up" to myself and laughed for a couple seconds straight.

I don't know what this joke has done to me but I think I like it.

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Pianist joke

Holy poo poo lol

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

I missed this the first time it was posted, so this was my first time seeing it.

The first time I read it, I said "yeah, okay. :)" I couldn't tell why people thought it was so funny.

But every so often I think about it and I laugh a little more.

Today, for no reason at all, I said "Guys, I think I hosed up" to myself and laughed for a couple seconds straight.

I don't know what this joke has done to me but I think I like it.

It's been my go to joke since I read it in this thread. Fan-fuckin-tastic

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

What pairs well with Coronavirus?

Lyme disease

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Elendil004 posted:

What pairs well with Coronavirus?

Lyme disease

I am both impressed and disturbed at the same time. I like it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Stole this from Reddit:

A clueless husband was sitting next to his pregnant wife, who was going through labour pains. He asks her "I'm sorry, honey... What's wrong?"

She yells "The contractions are killing me!!"

He responds: "I am sorry, honey. What is wrong?"

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Stole this from Reddit:

A clueless husband was sitting next to his pregnant wife, who was going through labour pains. He asks her "I'm sorry, honey... What's wrong?"

She yells "The contractions are killing me!!"

He responds: "I am sorry, honey. What is wrong?"

This is a good joke, but I think English Professor would work better than 'clueless husband'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Beachcomber posted:

This is a good joke, but I think English Professor would work better than 'clueless husband'.

I just tried this joke out on my girlfriend and received an eye roll for a response.