Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Weatherman posted:

Weirdest loss edit ever.

That's brilliant. Took me a while to get it

Care to explain for the rest of us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

werehouse sounds like warehouse

Funny pictures thread already did all the "Ackchyually" objections to the logic and etymology, so don't try to think too hard about it

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

An incredibly dumb joke I told in a dream last night:

What does Commissar Gordon use in an emergency?

The blyat signal

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Marcade posted:

An incredibly dumb joke I told in a dream last night:

What does Commissar Gordon use in an emergency?

The blyat signal

Did you wake up just as the giant hook went to yank you offstage?

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

No, that's too logical. I drove through a corndog stand afterwards instead.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Marcade posted:

No, that's too logical. I drove through a corndog stand afterwards instead.
Something something too corny something

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

"Name something transparent."

"A ladder."

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
:psyduck:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Till Lindemann, hiring a car posted:

Mein Herz rent!

thought of it today, walking past a Herz office

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

you fools

She posted:

That

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I "thought" of this today but there's an equal probablity I just remembered part of it and filled in the rest.

A green flesh melon and an orange flesh melon are madly in love but their families are mortal enemies and are keeping them apart.

The Green sends a secret note to the Orange begging her to meet him at midnight so they can run away to be wed. He waits at the appointed hour, and on until dawn, but she never shows.

"I should have known...but I thought she was different" he tells himself. "But we must all be true to our natures and orange flesh melons can't elope."

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

3 logicians sit down in a logical restaurant.

Waiter: "Do you all want some water for the table?"

Logician 1: "I don't know"

Logician 2: "I don't know"

Logician 3: "Yes"

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Beachcomber posted:

"I should have known...but I thought she was different" he tells himself. "But we must all be true to our natures and orange flesh melons can't elope."
Well what else could his honeydew...?

:dadjoke:

Cable Guy has a new favorite as of 05:35 on Feb 20, 2021

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

A weasel walks into a bar.
The bartender says, "wow, i’ve never served a weasel before. what can i get you?"

"pop," goes the weasel.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Carbon dioxide posted:

The bartender says, "wow, i’ve never served a weasel before. what can i get you?"

"pop," goes the weasel.

:golfclap:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Carbon dioxide posted:

"pop," goes the weasel.

"What, you mean soda?" Asks the bartender

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Carbon dioxide posted:

"pop," goes the weasel.

"... you think I've got your dad on tap or something?"

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
i made up another joke and i've been telling it everywhere so here ya go:

why did the elf need penicillin?

gondorrhea

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

dee eight posted:

i made up another joke and i've been telling it everywhere so here ya go:

why did the elf need penicillin?

gondorrhea

Should be "Why did the hobbit need penicillin?" gets people more in mind for lord of the rings specifically.

Why did the hobbit need insulin?

he was fat

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Correct me if I’m wrong but neither hobbits nor elves live in Gondor

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Eh, technically the Shire's a remnant of Arnor, much like Gondor was until Aragorn did his Karl Franz magic and combined all the balkanised bits back up.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Dross posted:

Correct me if I’m wrong but neither hobbits nor elves live in Gondor

correct, the only hobbits in Gondor are sex tourists

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Which country’s capital has the fastest growing population? Ireland, every day it’s Dublin.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Carbon dioxide posted:

Which country’s capital has the fastest growing population? Ireland, every day it’s Dublin.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

What's red and bad for your teeth?
A brick.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
How many South Americans does it take to change a lightbulb?

A Brazilian.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
This is a pretty obscure Jewish joke but I'm gonna post it anyway:

A British Jew is waiting in line to be knighted by the Queen. He is to kneel in front of her and recite a sentence in Latin when she taps him on the shoulders with her sword. However, when his turn comes, he panics in the excitement of the moment and forgets the Latin. Then, thinking fast, he recites the only other sentence he knows in a foreign language, which he remembers from the Passover Seder:

"Ma nishtana halaylah hazeh mikol haleylot."

Puzzled, Her Majesty turns to her advisor and whispers, "Why is this knight different from all other knights?"

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

trapped mouse posted:

This goy liked it!

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

trapped mouse posted:

A British Jew is waiting in line to be knighted by the Queen. He is to kneel in front of her and recite a sentence in Latin when she taps him on the shoulders with her sword. However, when his turn comes, he panics in the excitement of the moment and forgets the Latin. Then, thinking fast, he recites the only other sentence he knows in a foreign language, which he remembers from the Passover Seder:

Puzzled, Her Majesty turns to her advisor and whispers, "Why is this knight different from all other knights?"

This is one of my favorites :jewish::respek::jewish:

So, it's really more of a meme, but here's Megilat Cham-Ed:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a6HCu9edk54

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

trapped mouse posted:

My pop culture knowledge of Judaism was sufficient to get this

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

For someone who is woefully lacking knowledge of Judaism, can someone totally ruin the joke by explaining it to me?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

For someone who is woefully lacking knowledge of Judaism, can someone totally ruin the joke by explaining it to me?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ma_Nishtana

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ah, thanks.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Ken M posted:

On this blessed night, kuloh matzah.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Most people don't know that back in 1912 Hellman's mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the "Titanic" was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after New York City.

Mexicans were crazy about the stuff.

The Mexican people were eagerly awaiting delivery and were disconsolate("desperados") at the loss. So much so that they declared a national day of mourning which they still observe today.

It is known, of course, as ...sinko de Mayo.

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

Carbon dioxide posted:

Most people don't know that back in 1912 Hellman's mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the "Titanic" was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after New York City.

Mexicans were crazy about the stuff.

The Mexican people were eagerly awaiting delivery and were disconsolate("desperados") at the loss. So much so that they declared a national day of mourning which they still observe today.

It is known, of course, as ...sinko de Mayo.

:golfclap:

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Something I accidentally came up with at work today. If you bring edibles to a communal meal does that make it a potluck?

Also, did you hear about the zoologist who got fired for inappropriate texts? He was caught sending a coworker a dikdikpic.

Marcade has a new favorite as of 01:07 on May 23, 2021

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I used to torment my wife with puns.

One day we were at the zoo, and at the gift shop I bought this little plastic toy of a blue-tongued lizard. I took it home and glued a couple of magnets to the bottom, and stuck it to the fridge.

I guess she saw what was coming, and she'd had enough, because when I came home from work the next day, she was gone and the house was almost entirely empty except for the appliances. And one lizard fridge magnet.

That's right, she took everything but the kitchen skink.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Phy posted:

One day we were at the zoo, and at the gift shop I bought this little plastic toy of a blue-tongued lizard. I took it home and glued a couple of magnets to the bottom, and stuck it to the fridge.

I guess she saw what was coming, and she'd had enough, because when I came home from work the next day, she was gone and the house was almost entirely empty except for the appliances. And one lizard fridge magnet.

I’m glad you got divorced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Phy posted:

That'stoatally depressing.