Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Sounds like they performed the game's theme song.

It's the start and end of the TitS 3rd theme.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Nov 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Really Pants posted:

It's the start and end of the TitS 3rd theme.

:doh: Oh, I knew it sounded familiar, but it's been a little while since I watched the opening movie. I guess this explains what that song was doing in the game's music files.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Patrick seeing Celestin as an older brother of sorts is kind of fascinating on its own since Patrick has at least 2 actual older brothers already. (Jusis likes to bring this up whenever mentioning Patrick) Makes you wonder if he has trouble getting along with them.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Patrick actually has a lot of development in this game (though you of course know that :v:), but unfortunately a lot of it is shown in just the purely optional NPC dialogue which Some Numbers has been skipping. There's definitely been an aspect to him of trying to live up to his image of a noble, wrapped up with a large amount of pride, and at least starting to break out of that as the game goes along.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
If Rean were to be romantically interested in someone, I think Towa has the highest chance.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
On the one hand, given that the game is specifically not forcing Rean to commit to any particular path because it wants the player to make that choice, it seems a little silly to complain that Rean is not written as having a specific girl in mind.

On the other hand, I absolutely understand the complaint because it does make for a weaker narrative arc because the game has to spend the entire length dancing around being vague because they have to give the player the choice and they don't want to offend people. I can understand that, there is a bug in Original Sin 2 where even at the end, the game thinks I picked one character when I actually picked another, and that is disconcerting.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Short episode today, due to where my scene breaks were. I'll try to get the next episode up on Monday or Tuesday.

Episode 124: If They Had Any More Blowhards, They'd be a Wind Tunnel
No commentary

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
- Regarding Towa's non-outfit, Angelica's earlier statement about her "always siding with her beautiful maidens" is bullshit. That outfit was totally a joint venture between Crow and her.

- If you know your clubs, it's pretty easy to predict each of Rean's classmates' sources regarding the other classes' activities and which classmate was gonna report on which class. (except Fie, who probably snuck into the lower class dorm under the cover of darkness to eavesdrop)

- I like how Rean is now in the position that if Crow makes the girls' outfits too revealing, he and not Crow is gonna get beaten up for it. :P

- That's two Trails in the Sky musical cameos in one cutscene series. In Misty's defense, seeing how grandiose opera singing tends to be, I doubt people will recognize her if she casually hums a folk song. It's a completely different kind of sound.

Mraagvpeine posted:

If Rean were to be romantically interested in someone, I think Towa has the highest chance.

Slight Cold Steel 2 spoiler: Given that Towa's final bonding event is much more platonic than Alisa's, Laura's, Emma's, Sara's or even Fie's, I'm not sure if Falcom is in agreement there.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
- Oh, Class VII actually DID do some opposition research on their own without Rean needing to do everything. So... good work.
- Ha ha ha, Jusis. (Would a wind tunnel really be common knowledge outside of the airship industry? But whatever, the line is good.)
- Right now Class VII is just hoping that Crow won't get them all expelled.
- Oh, Laura had kinda the same idea I had. I guess she has a good point about it being too dangerous to be approved. Well I'm glad the game at least considered that might be some way to show off the diversity and uniqueness of the class. I guess even if they used cardboard weapons that wouldn't really work well (would Elliot and Emma have little foam balls attached by strings to the end of a cardboard staff?)
- By this point it should be easy to guess which line belongs to which girl.
- Misty with the Trails in the Sky shoutout!

- Alisa and Crow get along like a house on fire. Screams, explosions, people fleeing in a panic.
- One who paid attention really well would have known that Rean played the Lute (Elliot bonding event) and Alisa played the violin (That scene in Nord). I didn't know Gaius played, though.
- I would have also pegged Jusis as someone who would know how to play something.
- So that's 3 stringed instruments and a piano. No percussion. A very awkward balance for most genres.
- "We need to find something everyone can participate in. Except for seven of us."
- I wonder if Laura or Emma will get roped into doing the vocals. Probably Emma. Not quite sure what that leaves the rest of the class doing. Probably stage work and prep.
- Hey, Elliot is useful for something! Quick, someone get an orbal camera.
- Oh goodie. So now, the outfits will be REAN'S fault. This will end "well." :allears::munch:

- Ha ha, I'm now imagining the vocals being delivered by Fie in a monotone.
- For once, Rean is failing to project an air of confidence. Quick, someone get an orbal camera.
- Obviously the final Practical Exam is going to be against Sara, I just wasn't sure if it would be this month or next.
- I also had to go with Jusis and Machias for this fight.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

- Ha ha ha, Jusis. (Would a wind tunnel really be common knowledge outside of the airship industry? But whatever, the line is good.)

It's actually a miracle they use the word video as casually as they do, seeing that Rean didn't even know audio and images could be combined like that and television hasn't been invented yet. Logically speaking only Alisa should know what the hell a "video" is.

- Oh, Laura had kinda the same idea I had. I guess she has a good point about it being too dangerous to be approved. Well I'm glad the game at least considered that might be some way to show off the diversity and uniqueness of the class. I guess even if they used cardboard weapons that wouldn't really work well (would Elliot and Emma have little foam balls attached by strings to the end of a cardboard staff?)

That wouldn't be nearly as tricky as creating and operating a cardboard Airgetlam and convincing Millium not to whip out the real thing half-way through.

- One who paid attention really well would have known that Rean played the Lute (Elliot bonding event) and Alisa played the violin (That scene in Nord). I didn't know Gaius played, though.

I talked to pretty much everyone at every dialog switching point and I never heard it mention, though it's not that illogical. I mean, what else is there to do in the middle of the sticks?

- I would have also pegged Jusis as someone who would know how to play something.

In Jusis' case, it's worth considering he's been part of a commoner's household for a significant part of his life.

Erpy fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Dec 2, 2017

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Hey guys, bad news, something went horribly wrong with my new recording and it didn't get the game audio at all. I can definitely post what I have with just our commentary and no game audio, but I do feel like that is a poor presentation of the actual game.

So, a question to my minuscule audience: should I move forward since the video still exists or rerecord the whole thing?

Actually, option 3 is that I can rerecord on my own and use the extant commentary, which will then be a bit inaccurate.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Erpy posted:

In Jusis' case, it's worth considering he's been part of a commoner's household for a significant part of his life.

Oh right, I keep forgetting that about Jusis because Jusis hasn't done a lot to remind us that he exists.

Some Numbers posted:

Hey guys, bad news, something went horribly wrong with my new recording and it didn't get the game audio at all. I can definitely post what I have with just our commentary and no game audio, but I do feel like that is a poor presentation of the actual game.

So, a question to my minuscule audience: should I move forward since the video still exists or rerecord the whole thing?

Actually, option 3 is that I can rerecord on my own and use the extant commentary, which will then be a bit inaccurate.

Argh... Probably just go with option 3. I don't think there's a great deal of combat in the missing parts, and you can try to match your re-recording of the non-combat parts with your missing-audio recording.

I suppose technically you could do option 3 for the non-combat parts and re-record the combat parts, but there's probably not much difference with just re-recording the whole thing at that point.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Dec 3, 2017

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Another option would be to have your commentary video be the current commentary + quiet video and re-record for your non-commentary video.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Mraagvpeine posted:

Another option would be to have your commentary video be the current commentary + quiet video and re-record for your non-commentary video.

This is what I was thinking.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
I suppose it's too much to hope that whatever the concert outfits turn out to be can carry over to NG+.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I suppose it's too much to hope that whatever the concert outfits turn out to be can carry over to NG+.

Actually, they can! I don't think you can carry them to CS2, but you can definitely replay CS1 with your whole team in concert costumes.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Some Numbers posted:

I don't think you can carry them to CS2

It's an NG+ option there, too.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Yeah, at the cost of one of the five NG+ points you get upon starting New Game+ for the first time, you get to carry over stage outfits.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

NG+ has plenty of nice stuff. I spent half an hour agonizing over picking the concert outfits or not.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Erpy posted:

Yeah, at the cost of one of the five NG+ points you get upon starting New Game+ for the first time, you get to carry over stage outfits.

Do unused points carry over to NG++?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Do unused points carry over to NG++?

They reset and you get five more with each playthrough, up to 15 points. You start your first NG+ with 5, your next with 10, and the next with 15, which gets you everything.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

BearDrivingTruck posted:

They reset and you get five more with each playthrough, up to 15 points. You start your first NG+ with 5, your next with 10, and the next with 15, which gets you everything.

Super. I started using a borrowed save for max bonding points, which means I can get everything I want for a NG++ playthrough.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Hey guys I have not forgotten about this thread, I'm just slammed with work and holiday BS. I will update the thread as soon as I can.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Okay, I got off my rear end and finished an episode for today. This is the first of our experimental episodes with no game audio. I would actually appreciate criticism on this, because I've been on the fence about scrapping the footage and rerecording.

Episode 125: Words Cannot Begin to Express the Agony

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Well the parts where there isn't commentary have a lot of dead air, obviously. But even the parts which do have commentary suffers from the lack of music.

The commentary for the combat parts does refer to specific parts which would be hard to time properly. But the non-combat cutscenes and exploration could probably be done using the timings of the audio-missing parts to salvage the existing commentary.

- I keep forgetting that turns go by really fast in this game.
- At first I thought I messed this up because I only got the one "Condition Met" at the end, instead of two. So I did it again, faster, but I still got the same 4 + 2 AP.
- Boring Trivia: If you go back and look, whenever Alisa isn't in Rean's group, she's the first name listed in Group B. That seems to be the unofficial "team captain" spot. That was shown in Chapter 4 and 5. Emma and Machis are the next in line as unofficial captains.
- Ah ha, ha, no one likes Millium. Even Laura is giving her the stink-eye.
- That's... not comforting, Millium. No one wants to have to bail you out of messes you make.
- Rean... you know that's where Reinford's HQ is. It's been mentioned repeatedly, in mandatory main quest dialogue. You were there for it.
- I've been pretty excited about the idea of going to Roer ever since I figured out from the railway map that was where we were going. But not for the reasons you might think.
- Visiting the technological centers of fantasy worlds is always more interesting than visiting the Rolents and Celdics, so is the idea of seeing the (second) tallest building in western Zemuria is interesting.
- Going to Roer also has some interesting possibilities. At the end of Chapter 3, Sharon told Sara that there was no record of C’s airship in Reinford’s official files. This suggests the nasty possibility that the record was purged, and there’s a conspirator inside of Reinford.
- Sharon was hired after Alisa’s father died, in part to be her secret bodyguard. Is there a special reason why Alisa needed a bodyguard (other than the obvious fear of kidnap-for-ransom)?
- Anyway, Sharon is absolutely coming along. She might as well take a seat on the train and play a round of Blade, because there's absolutely no way she's not coming along to Roer. (But don't let her deal the Blade cards, she cheats like crazy.)

- What is with this unorthodox meeting place?
- After the teams leave Trista and split up, they are no longer in the party screen, so no, they can't be unequipped, not even their quartz, so yes it has to be done now.
- Of COURSE Sharon beat them there. I guess technically that's possible because I did roam around the school grounds talking to people.
- Good question. I would think Alisa would be an adequate guide to her own city.
- Wait... is that a knockoff Arseille?
- Love the overhead and long-range shots. You can even see the students as small clusters of pixels far below the ship.
- Red... Imperial Family personal cruiser? It would match Valflame Palace and the red outfits worn by the Imperial family.
- Oliviert! And... I know that voice... Laura's dad?! And he's got a new hat!
- I get the feeling that Liberl's advantage in airship technology is probably no longer what it was. There is an outside chance that they could make another Courageous-class cruiser of their own, although I don't actually think it would fit at any of their landing ports, given how the Arseille fits in there pretty snugly.
- If it's twice as big as the Arseille, then it is using its own design, so shouldn't it be its own class?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

By rerecording I don't mean trying to match up the video to the audio, but scrapping the whole thing entirely and redoing it from the Practical Exam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

- I get the feeling that Liberl's advantage in airship technology is probably no longer what it was. There is an outside chance that they could make another Courageous-class cruiser of their own, although I don't actually think it would fit at any of their landing ports, given how the Arseille fits in there pretty snugly.

That's generally what happens when you give the newest samples of your airship tech away to other countries.

• Locked thread