Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«34 »
Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Don't look at me-
I'm ugly in the morning
When the headaches gone
The sun is not.
Forgot to turn the alarm
On - on

Pillbug

Did anyone else get annoyed they confused Clive Owen and Liam Neeson in the Series of Unfortunate Events episode? Especially attributing Neeson’s racist interview comments to Owen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Don't look at me-
I'm ugly in the morning
When the headaches gone
The sun is not.
Forgot to turn the alarm
On - on

Pillbug

I generally like this podcast despite its flaws, but this latest episode had basically everything that drives me nuts about it dialed up to 11, from the long warning at the beginning, to Chris purple prosing his way through plot in a goddamn hour, to whatever that “crap colored glasses” hairsplitting was. Does it get better after the first twenty minutes?

Youth Decay
Aug 17, 2015

a little too tithonic
yeah I really do think

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I generally like this podcast despite its flaws, but this latest episode had basically everything that drives me nuts about it dialed up to 11, from the long warning at the beginning, to Chris purple prosing his way through plot in a goddamn hour, to whatever that “crap colored glasses” hairsplitting was. Does it get better after the first twenty minutes?

One of the dramatic readings was HELL TANNER's ultimate John Galt speech that I thought was kinda funny. I personally don't mind digressions and overanalyzing but I listen to podcasts to fill dead air time anyway so my standards are low.

also the Hawkwind song about Damnation Alley they mention is weirdly cheerful for such a grimdark book. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aHR0JAro8w

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

TURDS BOD

The Plot in 60 seconds is just irksome at this point because they just had that other guest on who was transparently more prepared for his guest appearance than either of the hosts were and he did it in like 63 seconds and it had twice as many jokes!

«34 »