Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is this a catch all for all the bad book podcasts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Thanks. I was just listening to "Worst Bestsellers" latest episode about Red Rising. It's a book by an old white guy about teens, but it's also full of piss, sex slaves, murder. So, of course, most libraries shelve it as a YA novel.

I had to stop listening during the dramatic reading. It was a conversation/exposition dump by two wealthy women with vile personalities. My mind kept screaming "NO ONE TALKS LIKE THAT".

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I haven't heard of Lurleen McDaniels before. What's so bad about her books?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So she just wants teens to gently caress and die huh?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
My bad. Horror movies have me primed to associate "teen has sex" with "teen dies".

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm a 36 year old guy and Judy Bloom comes up in Worst Bestseller often enough to pique my interest. Should I give any of her books a read.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The author doesn't mean the murder cop Dorner right?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The "five people you meet in heaven" was covered by Worst Bestsellers today. I guess one of the people I meet is a blue guy who I get killed?

Edit: This sounds like a slog of a book. Eddie is racking up a kill count too.

Edit 2: How was this a book???

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 02:55 on May 21, 2019

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't know why I listen to this podcast when so many of the books they review are painful to listen about. Does anyone else do this?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't understand, there's a king crab but a lady?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Something like dramatic readings where we give our own spin on passages they read in the past?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Diarrhea Planet guested on Rude Tales of Magic as Thunderlingus!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm glad we got as many episodes as we got, April 1st feels like an appropriate end date somehow.