Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yo how did I just realize this podcast is co-hosted by the artist FKA Satellite High? I listened to like one episode without really reading the OP to this thread and just now figured it out. His music still slaps and I greatly appreciate it. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

beats for junkies posted:

I didn't figure it out until the ICP 2-parter, when J does a rap from the book and the different voices he uses are basically the same ones from "TLO Roll Call." Also from that episode (one of the two) is Lemon from F-Plus trying not to laugh (and failing) while reading a partial list of acts that performed at a Juggalo gathering. The only one I can remember right now is "Horror, but the Rs are 9s, so it's 'Ho-99-oh-9,'" but there are other better ones. They're a good couple of episodes and I think I might go listen to them again tonight. :)

I swear to God I'll occasionally be sitting around and rap "Got a driftwood chain and transition lenses" to myself far more often than I should, and I have for literally years.

That and "I gotcha like WOOP WOOP"

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Nov 19, 2019

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jurgan posted:

I didn’t get it until he had Mara Wilson on and mentioned writing a song about a bus for WTNV. And yeah, that episode was really good.

Best not to mention that song, though. He kind of hates it now, I think because it was pretty low effort for him yet is much more well-known than stuff he’s proud of.

I kinda wondered if any of his older stuff was stuff that he doesn't like anymore, hence distancing himself from the name, but I hope he's still proud of the albums because I was rocking out to "Sharks!" last night and it's still fantastic IMO. Either way IDK if he reads this thread, I just wanted him to know I think his work is still really good. :)