Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Some more personal recommendations:

Candy Girl

Experience the real-life journey of the most cripplingly unself-aware woman in Minneapolis through the world of sexhibitionism. Guest starring the aforementioned Lemon of the F-Plus.

Treacherous Love

A Mormon woman made a career off of fabricating journals of troubled teenagers. This is one about a girl who starts dating a teacher and hanging out with a drug smoker named Sarah Silverman (not that Sarah Silverman). Guest starring Mara Wilson, aka that girl what was Matilda in that movie, Matilda.

On The Brink

Ben Stein wrote a thriller. The primary antagonist is inflation, and not the fetishy kind you find on DeviantArt. Guest starring Jeb Lund, that guy who used to post on SA but now he writes for the Guardian so everyone on SA hates him, and Rocky Swift, an actual economist.

The Eye of Argon

An infamously terrible piece of amateur fiction submitted to a short story contest in the 70s. Guest starring K. Thor Jensen.

A Super Sad True Love Story

Imagine Lolita if we were supposed to empathize with Humbert and Lolita was actually a duplicitous slut, and also cringeworthy social commentary. Guest starring Poncho Martinez.

Alaois fucked around with this message at 00:02 on May 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

The continuing saga of Wild Animus has to be my favourite reoccurring part of the podcast.

Go to your local thrift shop, your library, look in your crawlspace, check under your pillow

chances are there's a copy of Wild Animus in each of these places

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

I don't think I'll ever get tired of the little segment jingles.

RUSSIAN ROULETTE

RUSSIAN ROULETTE

RUSSIAN ROULETTE

(NOT ACTUALLY RUSSIAN)

Sometimes attentions are hard to divide

While others are glear as blace

TELL ME WHAT WOULD THEY DO

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

IDEOTV is my favorite South Carolina-based podcast

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Holy poo poo High Points/Low Points finally got its song!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

VERY IMPORTANT NEW EPISODE (WITH LEMON)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mmmmm that's a nice heapin helpin of podcast right there

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Is Niko's audio sped up, or does he just talk fast?

Ithinkhesjustarealfasttalker

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

I feel him because I speak very quickly too

same

General Ironicus posted:

Sunday School Droupouts is an incredible show so I recommend everyone find out for themselves.

listened to this advice, realized how much Lauren sounds like Voidburger and it's WEIRDING ME OUT

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

guys guys guys guys

you're both loving terrible

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

listen im sorry that collision dissed orbs but we can get past this

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

im trying to think of episodes dominated by wrestling discussion that weren't already books about wrestling and drawing up a blank

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Me either.

They share similar musical tastes, I suppose

that's not even entirely true!

friggin ebullition records

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

IDEOTV has introduced me to Sunday School Drop Outs, which is a fun little progression through something I'd never have the wherewithal to actually read through myself, and You Must Remember This, probably my favorite non-joke'em'up podcast.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SPEAKING OF FANTASY BUT THANK gently caress IT'S NOT PIERS ANTHONY, IT'S TIME FOR SOME FUCKIN DRAGONLANCE

"It's loving ghastly" raves Chris Collision!

Alaois fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Sep 5, 2016

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

THIS IS FOR ALL YOU GRASSLANDS FANS OUT THERE

I WANNA SEE A SEA OF GRASS OUT THERE

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Zweeker? Zooecker? Zweihander?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

When in doubt, it's always Korn.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Still stuck on skweegul tbh, just incredible.

Stay tuned for my next pulse-pounding thriller, the tale of a man who breaks into people's homes and bounds them in their basement while leaving it to flood, known only by the terrifying nickname; Flumph

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

this is the 3rd time she's been a guest host so you'd figure you guys would either be used to it or know if you don't like her to skip the episode

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

davidHalestorm posted:

I just listened to the Forerver Phucked, and the image that it painted, of a grown-rear end woman talking to man's penis and saying, ''I''ll suck you later" made me burst out laughing in public.

The bit about how he considers his penis a separate person was also incredible, if only for how common it seems to be in trash bag romance novels.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

we tried to get the crabs to fight the rats but now the rats are riding the crabs and to make a long story short there's a reason nobody lives on the British Isle anymore

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I'm not gonna lie, when I saw J's recommendation before listening to the episode my first thought too was "Like that lovely 311 song?"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Spark That Bled posted:

Finished listening to the episode, disappointed that they have apparently gone full morning zoo radio bullshit with all the sound FX.

i know, jokes escape me too

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

Recognizing that something is a joke doesn't make said joke actually funny. Unless you're in the studio audience for a sitcom.

i recognize that all of your posts are extremely funny, especially the ones you don't think are supposed to be

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I forget if it was J or Collision but one of them DEFINITELY mentioned how awful the Dresden Dolls were in an earlier episode

It was in the Flowers in the Attic episode.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/jw_friedman/status/793592315805769728

https://twitter.com/jw_friedman/status/793592672871002112

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

END ME SCOOB posted:

I've been suggesting both of the awful Kevin J Anderson/Rush books for ages, I'm glad he's going for the meatier one.

...there are two?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i can't believe you've done this

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

unnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng what a RUSH

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I'm sorry you Brits are just bitter about us Americans trimming the fat from your words.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

It's dumber than that - it was originally named "aluminum" by Humphrey Davy, who was British. Then other Brits later decided that it didn't sound enough like a metal, so they added a letter. It's extremely silly, given that none of them had any problem with "platinum".

:psyduck:

british people what the heck

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Really? A quick scan makes him seem basically the same as on ideotv.

he tweets about wrestling A LOT

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

alternatively: imagine the kind of pedantic rear end in a top hat you'd have to be to tweet at someone about how they pronounced a word

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I know for a fact Collision is a Flophouse fan but I don't know if J has ever said anything about it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

inb4 a buncha goons stunting about how they totally didn't like it in high school

Nerdo, we all know you did

jokes on you motherfucker, i didn't read books in high school

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

stop arguing with vosgian beast, he isn't interested in making himself understood

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Time Dissolver posted:

Jay has a spiel in the latest backer ep about "I used to waste so much time performatively hating things for peer approval" and LOL. "Used to"? I love this podcast but wish the hosts would do about one-third as much smug chuckling about how enlightened they are every time something sexist or racist comes up. The way they relish the opportunity is as obvious as a naked dick flapping in the wind.

Collision, earlier in the episode: "There's this disease where everyone thinks they're a comedian. I think it's called (beat) having a penis!" Tell me more about this strange land you live in where opinionated women are a rarity, "dude". Like the snark of Spin circa '94 isn't exactly what I see when I open up Bust, Jezebel, Reductress, etc. today.

I'm sorry people don't laugh at your jokes

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

when the gently caress is Sega gonna bring back Virtua Signalling goddamnit, Virtua Signalling 5 Final Showdown was good but it's been too long!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

Woof, that Timeline ep was a miss. I really don't like their recent trend of picking more well-known books that aren't really outrageous enough to be entertaining to just describe and dissect on their own and then also forgetting to make jokes and just taking potshots at the author and readers instead.

Like, I know that Michael Crichton was a hack with some weird hang-ups but pointing that out over and over isn't really entertaining or why I started listening to this podcast, no matter how many :iceburn:s about nerds they drop while doing it.

I thought you started listening to this podcast because you were running out of things to complain endlessly about on this website.