Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
Great ep. Don't feel bad about running long when you have such rich material.

Also, this garbage somehow has a 4.00 rating on goodreads and 4.5 stars on amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars
One of the best books I've ever read
I absolutely love this book. Read the whole thing in just a few days. I could not possibly have had a different childhood & life experiences than Corey Taylor & yet I agree w/ almost everything he wrote in this book. Don't let the rockstar persona fool you. He is one intelligent, critical thinker & a drat good writer to boot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Not sure if I missed the reason, why did they do the second book in the series?

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer

padijun posted:

collision found two copies at a used book store

Thanks. I re-listened to the episode and caught it this time, must of just spaced out at that section.

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't know why they felt the need to have so many content warnings in this ep if they were just going to bleep the offending word.

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer
from the facebook group:

J Williams Friedman posted:

Just wanted to post a little teaser: our next episode is going to be a book from the series of novels that have dominated our requests since the day I started this show. We're sort of breaking one of our cardinal rules to do it, but it's not one of the "big ones", and I think it will be worth it cuz a lot of you are gonna be very excited when you see the episode title in a couple weeks.

No hints cuz I can't think of any that won't give everything away. Just be prepared. This will probably be a big'un.

J Williams Friedman posted:

okay, here's some anti-hints:

1) it has nothing to do with donald trump
2) it is not a young adult book marketed at girls
3) it does not involve anything politically objectionable or upsetting
4) it is not by stephen king
5) it is under 200 pages

that's all you get and i'm not dong any more "yes" and "nos" cuz i'll just give it away if i keep it up

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I found the Blaster Master pastebin: https://pastebin.com/bUrvPcAu

'Transcribed, revised, & expanded by Andrew L. Modeen.'

also there are 2 more WoP books on youtube:
Metal Gear
Mega Man 2 (read by James Rolfe aka AVGN)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm sure they have already been bombarded with correction comments.
Good ep, though the part with Chris and the librarian was dumb. TGWTDT was/is incredibly popular and the idea that she was judging him for checking it out is some woke paranoia.