Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I would never :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

tpink posted:

Agreed. And I was actually pretty impressed with everyone's renditions. Also look forward to Asiina's version blowing everyone away.

I may have oversold it.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Kashuno posted:

I would never :kimchi:

Dongsbot is like the best wittle poster ever :kimchi:

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Kashuno posted:

it says dongsbot posted but I can't see it :ohdear:

That happens every once in a while when caching shits the bed.

Hey Jimson-
for now I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and thinking you're town. Here's why: you made an interesting case on me jumping in quickly to the gimmick of the day. It makes sense that scum would want an advantage as soon as it were offered. Furthermore, I think it would be poor scum play to get out there so quickly with what was initially a vote in a vacuum. It attracted a lot of attention, obviously.

I want to sit down tonight when the kids are asleep and reread Kash and MMM's histories (MMM has been particularly prolific in this thread) because the dialogue between them has me feeling uncomfortable. Not that they're bussing or anything, but I want to see where Kash is coming from and have time when I'm not at work to think about it.

Overall, I still feel more uncomfortable by some of the quieter players, but as MMM pointed out: it hasn't been too long yet since the game started.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
hey

i have an confession

that is, while say no to this is a great song, it's also the one that makes me so angry so I skip it half the time

sometimes I also skip blow them all away/stay alive reprise/quiet downtown because I don't feel like cryin

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I was angry the first couple times I heard it but then it's like "eh that's what really happened so whatev"

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The whole song sounds so greasy.

It's gross.

Also I love it.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Asiina posted:

It's gross.

Also I love it.

me too but the listening rate goes to 0 when my wife is around, she just won't tolerate that song being played

also when my kids are listening, we just the older one that "hamilton kissed another lady and that's bad okay"

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Absurd Revolver posted:

me too but the listening rate goes to 0 when my wife is around, she just won't tolerate that song being played

also when my kids are listening, we just tell the older one that "hamilton kissed another lady and that's bad okay"

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Nth Doctor posted:

That happens every once in a while when caching shits the bed.

Hey Jimson-
for now I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and thinking you're town. Here's why: you made an interesting case on me jumping in quickly to the gimmick of the day. It makes sense that scum would want an advantage as soon as it were offered. Furthermore, I think it would be poor scum play to get out there so quickly with what was initially a vote in a vacuum. It attracted a lot of attention, obviously.

I want to sit down tonight when the kids are asleep and reread Kash and MMM's histories (MMM has been particularly prolific in this thread) because the dialogue between them has me feeling uncomfortable. Not that they're bussing or anything, but I want to see where Kash is coming from and have time when I'm not at work to think about it.

Overall, I still feel more uncomfortable by some of the quieter players, but as MMM pointed out: it hasn't been too long yet since the game started.

I would also add that we have like 3 days till the deadline, so there's plenty of time left for quieter players to chime in.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
My Mafia strategy:

Meinberg posted:

I'm not standing still, I'm lying in wait.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Here is me and my dad doing the whole thing in karaoke (he is really off)

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Asiina posted:

It's gross.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

hi sorry for not posting I was busy a) sleeping b) playing witcher 3: blood and wine

it's really good guys

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

If I get an opportunity I'll join in the game with an exceedingly mediocre offering k? k.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Also I don't feel like having fun is a scumtell, bad jimson

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

SirSamVimes posted:

Also I don't feel like having fun is a scumtell, bad jimson

You< ------ >what your focusing on.

The point

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Absurd Revolver posted:

MMM, what's getting me is the questions, especially the repetition. It strikes me as the kind of needling questions that scum use to brand people on day one while maintaining an excuse of "joke phase", then jumping on the reaction.

Not sure exactly what you're talking about here, me grilling you?

Absurd Revolver posted:

Let me ask you something, why does your concern for Jimson and his town status seem insincere? Why did you jump to his defense so early and often?

I can't answer the first question, since I can't tell you why you're reading it that way. As for the second, when you publicly shoot somebody's posts down in a mafia game, the implication is that you think they're scum. I'm wasn't trying to argue that, so I was trying to make that clear. I wouldn't call that jumping to his defence, since the only accusations I was defending him against were my own.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Jimson posted:

These are all very good and reasonable questions that seriously arn't asking toooooOoooOOooOoo much but the one question I want him to answer is why he feels so strongly that I am town.

Answer that question as if I was someone else.

I feel like Jimson's town because his opening dive in on a point that I fundamentally agree on (scum try harder on out of game challenges) reads as genuine and towny. I didn't like what he was doing, but I didn't think it was fabricated. Town read.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Oh forgot to respond to this:

Jimson posted:

We have a possible argument on the field that being HEY GUYS LETS PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO THE PEOPLE THAT ARE TAKING PART IN THE LITTLE META-GAME BECAUSE SCUM PLAYERS ARE REALLY GOING TO BE INCENSED TO DO GOOD AT IT. To which he replied that is a dumb argument Jimson is a big ol dumby BUT I SERIOUSLY BELIEVE HE IS TOWN.

Which is silly because he didn't orginally say that, he said

Jimson posted:

The last game that I was in with a challenge was that ancient pizza roll game, and I was scum that game so uh.
##vote Nothing Doctor

Which seems way more like "lets kill this one specifically" than "lets look at who does the challenges"

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Absurd Revolver posted:

hey

i have an confession

that is, while say no to this is a great song, it's also the one that makes me so angry so I skip it half the time

I've listened to say no to this like 2 times.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

tpink posted:

I would also add that we have like 3 days till the deadline, so there's plenty of time left for quieter players to chime in.

Hey guy who isn't quiet but has yet to chime in, what notes does your chime make?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I feel like Jimson's town because his opening dive in on a point that I fundamentally agree on (scum try harder on out of game challenges) reads as genuine and towny. I didn't like what he was doing, but I didn't think it was fabricated. Town read.

I agree with this whole heartedly.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
hmm i am starting to wonder that maybe after watching gundam the reason why i sometimes have special secert feelings and can predict things is i am a newtype???

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Oh forgot to respond to this:

Which is silly because he didn't orginally say that, he said

Which seems way more like "lets kill this one specifically" than "lets look at who does the challenges"

That is a really good point. ##unvote
I still am keeping an eye on you but you did a good job of dismantling my argument in defence of my claim with out rehashing the arguments you used before so I will take off my vote.

I did not fully think about how that vote would be perceived I started the argument and felt that my actual description of it was suffice to give indication that it wasn't a lynch this scum vote.

For some reason people treat votes here like some kind of rare currency never to be passed around. Maybe it's because of all the turbos that happen or something but my real intention of dropping the vote was as a punctuation to my point of LETS PAY ATTENTION TO THE PEOPLE IN THE MINI GAME.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Absurd Revolver posted:

hey

i have an confession

sometimes I also skip blow them all away/stay alive reprise/quiet downtown because I don't feel like cryin

same

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
i really like it but im just like "say no to this alexander!!!" every time and then the major chords come in and i'm like "nooooooo"

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Jimson posted:

That is a really good point. ##unvote
I still am keeping an eye on you but you did a good job of dismantling my argument in defence of my claim with out rehashing the arguments you used before so I will take off my vote.

I did not fully think about how that vote would be perceived I started the argument and felt that my actual description of it was suffice to give indication that it wasn't a lynch this scum vote.

For some reason people treat votes here like some kind of rare currency never to be passed around. Maybe it's because of all the turbos that happen or something but my real intention of dropping the vote was as a punctuation to my point of LETS PAY ATTENTION TO THE PEOPLE IN THE MINI GAME.

I think Podema said a few times that sometimes you have to add a vote at the end of the point otherwise people ignore it all.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I like the part where Aaron Burr is walking through the revolutionary field hostipal and starts seeing soilders of sorrow, its really poignant and I'll admit it tends to get me to cry a bit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpNk1xZ8bDs

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Jimson posted:

In some circles that's a Finger Of Suspicion or something weird like that. I just vote when I want somebody to be executed and use my words when I'm making reads.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

capps please

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

PBS is confirmed town IMO.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Hey guy who isn't quiet but has yet to chime in, what notes does your chime make?

I'm terrible at D1 reads, sorry. :confuoot: I don't agree with Jimson's point that scum is going to try extra hard for this challenge - he's not wrong about that in the abstract, but this game has a bunch of people who are VERY clearly into Hamilton and think it's fun to participate in singing along to a musical they genuinely enjoy. So I just can't read much into participation in this particular case. But it's not a crazy viewpoint and I can see it coming from a town player, so I also don't think it's suspicious. So I guess congrats, Jimson, I (currently) don't think you are scum!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

of course nothing can beat the moment when layfette appears to be losing on the battifield but then char appears piloting his custom zaku
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyNAHxP_fbA

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

capps what's the name of that theatre group that matt besser doesn't like

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

capps what's the name of that theatre group that matt besser doesn't like

which one?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

So, my kids are in the tub together, and the older one is singing while the younger splashes around, over the ruckus I hear "imagine what would happen if you tried to tax Tim's whiskey." (Timmy is the baby's name)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
when eliza tells hamiltion to "believe in a sign of zeta" and kamille shows up with the zeta gundam and stops burr's bullet from killing him i cried

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

the keith johnstone cargo cult

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

PBS Newshour posted:

when eliza tells hamiltion to "believe in a sign of zeta" and kamille shows up with the zeta gundam and stops burr's bullet from killing him i cried

I felt it was in poor taste when they all got chibi and had fun little adventures but what do I know I don't do theatre.

• Locked thread